St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14 - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#101 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Strawberry hat.

I was thinking like gangster scarf... lol

#102 Glittercandy

Glittercandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

These are the hard scenarios to deal with, is the stat growth deficit sufficient to do the releveling? I know sub 99 it is almost definitely yes, post 140.. I don't know.

From tests Homuns cap stats at 150, post renewal homuns ALL hit 150 across the board before level 150. pre-renewal homuns don't unless you were a vani.

My Dieter was originally a vani. So does this mean my homunculus won't be too bad stat-wise at level 150, except for lower hp/sp than post-renewal ones?

I'd be more inclined to remake it, I think, if the ground targeted skills were fixed. I only had a few days to play with lava slide (manual use, not ai), and it was an amazing leveling tool.

Edited by Glittercandy, 14 February 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#103 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

[...]

There certainly is randomness involved, but what I saw growth wise is post renewal my non-evolved lvl 62 lif had almost equal stats to pre-Renewal evolved 62 Lif. The evolution process added a large chunk on top of that. I think most would agree that Lif have the poorest non-Dex growth out of the Homunculus, which is why I used it for testing.

You tested her stats but... how about her HP/SP? AFAIK stats aren't the only affected by post patch, but HP/SP as well, I mean, Vanilmirths having 12k+ HP and 900+ SP pre-S is not a joke.

#104 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

@Mayhem:
This homuculus thing isn't an event. It is a fix to help those stuck with pre-renewal Homuculi get on par with those that were made post renewal. Why should someone who already has an evolved loyal homunc be stuck with having a crappy Homunc because kRO failed to buff already created ones? Why should they be forced to reloyal their Homuc?

If new players get to loyal their homunc too cool! I see nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Clogon, 14 February 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#105 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Not Thor again.. >_>

#106 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Clogon.

I agree with the people who have played from such a long time ago having thier homuns caught up. I mean really. That would be like me having stats from prerenewal on my character.

But Why just let everyone loyal their homun for free? Like I said, thats the point in any of the players working for anything if gravity is just going to give it away to them if they wait for it. Like ok so there are a ton of people that wait for exp events to lvl and not just afk in the game. Why cus they are spoiled now on the fast turn ins. Hell I made 150 in a week then was like O.O omg wth did I just do.

It just hurts the game to keep giving everything away.

Like ok we had someone request to get the golden dragon helm another way. What about all that time people spent on a bunch of characters trying to get thier golden. Should they just be told oh too bad, now we are just going ot give it away. Same concept

Edited by Mayhem, 14 February 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#107 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

How does this fix the release exploit at all?

#108 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Rather than instantly being able to store skills that'll last you a full WoE of Release spam...now it'll take...a minute?

Not fixed. Exploitable.

Edited by Lambor, 14 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#109 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

...But Why just let everyone loyal their homun for free? Like I said, thats the point in any of the players working for anything if gravity is just going to give it away to them if they wait for it. Like ok so there are a ton of people that wait for exp events to lvl and not just afk in the game. Why cus they are spoiled now on the fast turn ins. Hell I made 150 in a week then was like O.O omg wth did I just do...

Just 'cause they're offering a free loyal doesn't mean you have to take it. I'm inclined to loyal my newer homun the hard way, but take the free loyal on my pre-renewal one.

#110 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Oh, for anyone who's done it before, is the Rachel TI pretty good exp? Also, what would be the recommended skills to copy for a SC to be at least somewhat useful to the party?

#111 Jowgen

Jowgen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationLocation Not Found
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Please for the love of Pete, add the Golden Dragon helms into the boxter intake as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one that received a massive amount of them from the packs. Doesn't help that they're costumes and account bound.

#112 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

An npc name Custard Cream right after they have Baba Yaga drop Tiger Panty. ;)

Edited by Nine, 14 February 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#113 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Make lunar quest stay please!!!

#114 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Rather than instantly being able to store skills that'll last you a full WoE of Release spam...now it'll take...a minute?

Not fixed. Exploitable.

The problem lies in reading the spellbook but not the release skill itself...

Release is meant to be spammable on strings and when u get low after cast delay- aspd...

If release gets a cooldown it will kill entirely the warlock class woe wise because main spells as chain lightning and comet can deal good damage because they can be used on strings... And that's how it works on kRO... So I doubt GM's would be that short minded to actually kill an entire class for something that has to do with reading the book but not when its released...

Man I'm not even at home and I had to read that release craps wanna nerf?

#115 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I BWinged out of my TI party 8 minutes early on purpose to avoid the usual five-minutes-early closing of the login and character servers in the hopes of TIing and returning for the last moments before maint, and, of course, with 4 minutes left on my manual (which I REALLY hope are still there after maint), my character hangs and I'm forced to close the client and attempt a relog, which, naturally, fails to connect because the character server is already down.

If my character hangs while attempting to map change and I can't attempt a relog to try to kick him off, does the character stay logged in and the manual timer still decrease? Am I SOL on this? >.>

#116 Caprii

Caprii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

will the GX job change quest be fixed?

#117 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

whats this release bug everyone keeps talking about?

#118 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

These are the hard scenarios to deal with, is the stat growth deficit sufficient to do the releveling? I know sub 99 it is almost definitely yes, post 140.. I don't know.

From tests Homuns cap stats at 150, post renewal homuns ALL hit 150 across the board before level 150. pre-renewal homuns don't unless you were a vani.

And example is a level 62 evolved Lif

Pre-renewal stats were
Str 57
Agi 66
Vit 57
Int 89
Dex 81
Luk 72

Making a new Lif and getting to 62 and evolving it was
Str 70
Agi 88
Vit 89
Int 124
Dex 87
Luk 77

That post renewal Lif changed to Eira at lvl 100, stats at lvl 137 are
Str 150
Agi 150
Vit 150
Int 150
Dex 150
Luk 144

There certainly is randomness involved, but what I saw growth wise is post renewal my non-evolved lvl 62 lif had almost equal stats to pre-Renewal evolved 62 Lif. The evolution process added a large chunk on top of that. I think most would agree that Lif have the poorest non-Dex growth out of the Homunculus, which is why I used it for testing.

come one heim, what kill counts are coming out?

Edited by GryphonYoyo, 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#119 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Heim, if what you're doing to fix the release exploit is to just put a cool-down on reading spell book, then it won't fix the exploit.

I'll post results after the patch regardless.

#120 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

135-150 Thor Volcano 2
- Kasa
- Salamander

YOU AGAIN??!!

Edited by RennaSaintsworth, 14 February 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#121 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Not fixed. Exploitable.

That's not how it works.

#122 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Heimdallr :
We have tried to update events in the past and the community reaction was so negative that it is less problematic to remove, and then reimplement it properly.

ok so you are only removing it (and therefore taking an important feature away from paying costumers) because you want to avoid direct negative feedback.

sounds reasonable

;)

#123 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thor TI, not bad.

#124 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Heim, if what you're doing to fix the release exploit is to just put a cool-down on reading spell book, then it won't fix the exploit.

I'll post results after the patch regardless.

Perhaps it won't but to kill the reading spellbook / release by adding a cooldown on the latter is rather stupid for not say something else... Release is one of the main skills used for woe warlocks and as I said before, is meant to be that way as you can see in any RO branch.

#125 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

YOU AGAIN??!!

that's lame, there should always be kill counts for at least levels75+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users