St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14 - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#76 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Could've sworn that I'd listened to all the RO BGMs up to 9X-10X, but this was #69 and I don't remember it at all... This would make a hax piano song (and weirdly enough it sounds like something out of star ocean 3).

It used to be the BGM of the Umbala tree dungeon that would allow you to go to ygg tree (hello, herb+ygg farm) and niff1. They took the dungeon out a while ago. I used to love just sitting there listening to the music back when we first got the niffle update.

#77 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

IT'S REALLY UNFAIR FOR THE HARDCORE MVPERS

One could argue that things like the summoner put an end to 'real' Hardcore MVPers.

#78 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Oh. Heard that Umbala dungeon left with Renewal. Need the BGM somewhere else, now. D:

#79 Fred05

Fred05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Luna New Year quest should stay for 1 week more, I have like 8 guildies that have their silver hats to +7 and they needed to do the quest today

#80 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

wat ever the Updated is, the game going more useless . Losing 2b Zeny from hard work in 1years bc of scam in 1 mins...

who next ? loL

now RO is only RO-massenger ,chating or AFK .

#81 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

wat ever the Updated is, the game going more useless . Losing 2b Zeny from hard work in 1years bc of scam in 1 mins...

who next ? loL

now RO is only RO-massenger ,chating or AFK .

Not iRO's fault you got scammed.

#82 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

What you will get fixed with the homun reset? I hope you correct all the stuff that got changed since the 14.1 was implemented, as it change the way the homuns were affected.

#83 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

With the Maintenance on 2/14 we are adding an NPC to Lighthalzen outside the Geneticist job change area
She asks those with a homunculus if they want to reset, if they agree and type in the code it sets
Player is then asked to delete their Homunculus and talk to NPC again.
NPC tells them to get a Homunculus they like and level it, on 21st we will set all Homun owned by characters with the proper variable or higher to just a little south of loyal.

On the 28th we will also set them to loyal again (so 1st week adopters get loyaled twice).

there was some speculation of more than 2 variation to stat growth of homunculus pre/post renewal

can you confirm that the only people who will really benefit from this is are pre renewal homunculus and those who dont have their ultimate ability?
also will anyone who literally just gets a homunculus for the 1st time be able to do the this for free loyalty? or will there be some restriction/requirement for it?

Edited by Helios0, 14 February 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#84 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Ok wait a damn minute.

My friend and I have just spend the past month trying to get my amistre back up to Loyal, Because thats what you do in this game. If you want to have a homun the only thing keeping you from having homun s in a few weeks is feeding it.

So now people are going to get to loyal for free? Wth is with that?

#85 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

i just want to know what kill counts are going to be going on this next week.......

#86 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

question: is it worth resetting a level 90 unevolved homun created 4 years ago?

Heimdallr : Probably, the old stats aren't the greatest and leveling is faster now than before, but loyalty raising is the bottle neck.

#87 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

One could argue that things like the summoner put an end to 'real' Hardcore MVPers.

This. Why should I bother camping tao when I can just summon it on every character I own every 10 hours?

#88 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

For those that deleted a few days ago (homunculus) if it was due to its stats being underwhelming that is what this would require you to do as well.

Just do the quest, delete this one, and level it up again. It will get loyaled with the rest of em on the 21st that way. If we rollback your old Homun it won't be made loyal, and it will still have whatever its old stats were.

Just to clarify more, this is you deleting your homun and releveling it. We will just make the loyalty raising much faster.

#89 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

doesn't that give too little time for the players to make embryo or we'll get free ones?

#90 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Not iRO's fault you got scammed.

u dont have fault? even the God have fault z.Z

#91 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Could you leave a way to obtain the golden dragon helm ingame? Like, maybe trade in 100 or 200 eden badges for a golden or silver dragon helm, or leave the lunar quest without exp ingame forever...

I have been doing the quest daily on five charas and still don't have the dragon helm. And the dragon resistance seems just so awesome for an item that will never come back =/

#92 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

For those that deleted a few days ago (homunculus) if it was due to its stats being underwhelming that is what this would require you to do as well.

Just do the quest, delete this one, and level it up again. It will get loyaled with the rest of em on the 21st that way. If we rollback your old Homun it won't be made loyal, and it will still have whatever its old stats were.

Just to clarify more, this is you deleting your homun and releveling it. We will just make the loyalty raising much faster.

and kill counts for next week are.........

#93 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Will the Valentine's Day quest Part II give an item/costume? Or will it just give exp? =o

#94 Glittercandy

Glittercandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ahh, that's a shame. :thumb: My Dieter was evolved/99'd back on Loki, so it's stats are not on par with renewal. It's now loyal and 20% away from level 120, and I don't think I could bear to delete it and remake it. ;)

#95 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

The stats of the current homuns sucks, currently a lvl 99 vanilnirth evolved, hardly can handle an stapo or a magmaring, before the 14.1 they were able to kill these easily, so seems to be that if we wants to get decent homuns all the genetics should start all over the lvl of the homuns.

#96 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

you know.... ...from what i understand the main drawback from uber leveling a homunculus was that the owner would end up getting exp and would thus make it broken.....

how about...

a special room
-talk to the npc and your homunculus gets dropped to 5% HP and then kills you
-this would cause you to die (not lose exp bcuz its on a special map) but.. Your homunculus would stay alive since it was below 20% when you died!!!
-then special mobs spawn with tons and tons and tons of exp but with like 1 hp

your homunculus levels up like mad but because you are dead you dont get any exp!!!

#97 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

So the whole homunculus razzamatazz is recommended for all pre balance patch homunculus?

Cause I thought someone mention that the homunculus had better stats when evolved post balance patch or something ;)

#98 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ahh, that's a shame. :thumb: My Dieter was evolved/99'd back on Loki, so it's stats are not on par with renewal. It's now loyal and 20% away from level 120, and I don't think I could bear to delete it and remake it. ;)

These are the hard scenarios to deal with, is the stat growth deficit sufficient to do the releveling? I know sub 99 it is almost definitely yes, post 140.. I don't know.

From tests Homuns cap stats at 150, post renewal homuns ALL hit 150 across the board before level 150. pre-renewal homuns don't unless you were a vani.

And example is a level 62 evolved Lif

Pre-renewal stats were
Str 57
Agi 66
Vit 57
Int 89
Dex 81
Luk 72

Making a new Lif and getting to 62 and evolving it was
Str 70
Agi 88
Vit 89
Int 124
Dex 87
Luk 77

That post renewal Lif changed to Eira at lvl 100, stats at lvl 137 are
Str 150
Agi 150
Vit 150
Int 150
Dex 150
Luk 144

There certainly is randomness involved, but what I saw growth wise is post renewal my non-evolved lvl 62 lif had almost equal stats to pre-Renewal evolved 62 Lif. The evolution process added a large chunk on top of that. I think most would agree that Lif have the poorest non-Dex growth out of the Homunculus, which is why I used it for testing.

#99 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

So seriously If I wanted another homun I should go and make another alch and get the skill and I could have a loyal homun on the 21st, cus you are just giving away loyal now without working for it?

and I am now a casual gamer and I thought, nah you couldnt do anythign to my alch. Why the hell should I ever level anything, should I just wait till you make an event for free 150, or free job lvls or free homuns to lvl up.

Edited by Mayhem, 14 February 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#100 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Will the Valentine's Day quest Part II give an item/costume? Or will it just give exp? =o

Strawberry hat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users