Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Why do they feel the need to make MVP's like 1236182736781 times bigger than you are <_<?

Have you ever seen Event Bapho before? Hes -_-ing huge!

So Heim, do you have even a Yes/No for us on if there is going to be a CBT/OBT the Americas/Europe?

If so will we be subject to Valve Time while we wait?

I for one am very much looking forward to LotS. Don't get me wrong, I love RO. I've also played WoW, EQ2, Lineage, Rift, Aion, Guild Wars. I'm not one to-_- and complain about its graphical change, that's what I'm looking forward to. I want something as far detached from Classic IRO as possible, LotS seems like it might be that.

Edited by Lynex, 16 August 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#77 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Um. I'm not 100% on this but I think they are smaller in height now since that video came out. But I do agree and find it ridiculous sometimes. Why am I fighting a 10 foot tall human...

#78 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Why was Illidan so tall in WoW? Same with pretty much any Raid boss? At least in EQ2 the only over-sized monsters were Dragons and Hill Giants.

Granted, it does look goofy.

#79 lmarcelus

lmarcelus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Holy cow!!

Never saw so much ppl talking about a subject they actually know nothing!!

Ragnarok Online 2 REALLY SUCKS!!!

but that argument of "wow clone" is lame and fanboyish.

IT IS A WOW CLONE!! 80% Of the game came from World of Warcraft 2004 features. I've playing RO2 since the first CBT in 2010, they made a lot of promises, and somehow forgot every one.

WoW Features in RO2:
  • Dungeon system. 5 man dungeons, one per map.
  • Raid system. 25 man raids, only one for the end-game, Baphomet boss.
  • Aggro system, they pretty much copied the Omni Addon from WoW.
  • Inter-map transport system, in WoW they are Gryphons, here, they are Kafra's brooms.
  • Equipament rarity, even the colors are the same: Gay->Green->Blue->Purple->Orange

Now, the weak points of the game:
  • The game has only ONE quest-line, you have to follow it to level, there's no possibility of grinding, or change your map to quest elsewhere. If you want to level an alt, you i'll have to do the same questline over and over again.
  • No novices!
  • Everyone starts together, there is no central city, you go through Prontera in level 10, and Alberta in level 30.
  • Job-change quests are the same for everyone, super easy.
  • Only 12 tiny maps.
  • The build system is completely useless.
  • Craft system totally useless, taking away Merchants and BS for nothing.
  • No WoE, no PVP, no End-Game content, only a crappy Baphomet easy raid.

The game is much more like any of these Korean Generic MMO's that a real Ragnarok 2.

#80 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yet its still in CBT. You actually think that when it comes out that it will be completely fleshed out? WoW only had a handful of high level raid dungeons when it came out. It'll be the episodic updates all over again.

Also, they're taking suggestions and complaints from the community, so it can't be that bad.

Did you pass the same judgement against RO when it came out? There was Prontera and swordsmen, that's all. Looks like they added a lot more since then.

As for the color coding to the rarity; EVERY MMO DOES THAT. It makes sense. It allows you to see if your loot is -_- or if its a worthwhile drop.

What LotS looks like now and when it actually gets released will be much different. They simplified it so they can run people through to the higher levels and make sure that everything works. After that they just amend whats already there.

Again, WoW did the same thing. You start in one area and hunt there til a specific level. Move to a new area and do it again.

This is the point of a Skinner Box.

Edited by Lynex, 16 August 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#81 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

The further priests progress in their strengths and abilities, the more unholy and unclothed they become. I think you can find a picture of the RO 2 priests in the Sports illustrated bikini model calendar

#82 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm definitely liking this. RO1 was just getting old, boring, and tedious. This looks like it will be more fun. I may have to try to get into a beta if it ever gets over here.

#83 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yet its still in CBT. You actually think that when it comes out that it will be completely fleshed out? WoW only had a handful of high level raid dungeons when it came out. It'll be the episodic updates all over again.

Also, they're taking suggestions and complaints from the community, so it can't be that bad.

Did you pass the same judgement against RO when it came out? There was Prontera and swordsmen, that's all. Looks like they added a lot more since then.

As for the color coding to the rarity; EVERY MMO DOES THAT. It makes sense. It allows you to see if your loot is -_- or if its a worthwhile drop.

What LotS looks like now and when it actually gets released will be much different. They simplified it so they can run people through to the higher levels and make sure that everything works. After that they just amend whats already there.

Again, WoW did the same thing. You start in one area and hunt there til a specific level. Move to a new area and do it again.

This is the point of a Skinner Box.

RO2:LotS has started their official service for quite some time now fyi.

#84 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Damn you Wikipedia! I hadn't cheked in a month or two.

Edited by Lynex, 16 August 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#85 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I've been waiting for RO2 since 2004... It's got the Duke Nukem 3D syndrome--almost will never see the light of day and when it finally does, it sucks. I really want to play RO2, but I'm not going to expect much out of a Korean MMORPG.

#86 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Some neat new RO2 stuff for people who are interested. (Don't want to make a completely new thread since people are just going to post the same responses anyhow.)

Cash shop outfits for both genders have been fleshed out more and others have been added to the game.
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=164&curpage=3
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=254&curpage=2
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=269&curpage=1
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=309&curpage=1

There are also screens of some of the more... interesting headgears that will be available to players.

Looks like you can do something with these headgears.

Looks to be a dungeon map and its quest boss inhabitants. Featured are 2 different versions of Minorous, an oni-like monster, and Baphomet.

If this isn't Ant Hell, then I don't know what is.

What a weird dungeon.

Some sort of arena where you do battle with mechanical monsters. Some of you might recognize a few of these monsters, which are obviously recycled over from the previous version of RO2, Gate of the World.

Not sure what this is about, but it looks like some sort of dungeon finder feature where you can queue up to form a party for a dungeon run. Those who have played the most recent version of World of Warcraft will find this feature familiar.

This looks quite intriguing. Some sort of faction reputation system perhaps?

A feature that allows players to custom color their character's clothes? This looks like a definite must-have!

Hmm, gear enchanting rates maybe? Certainly like the job-exclusive outfits.

Cash shop ores for upgrading and/or crafting?

Upgrading ores.

Whoo-hoo, card synthesis!

Stat-enhancing drugs? This should be fun.

I'm truly at a loss on this one.

Thanks for sharing this. I've been a bit behind on the current stuff on RO2. I actually got back into playing it again a couple weeks ago, and have yet to see alot of this stuff. The only thing I really noticed right away was the merge of all the servers. xD

#87 raeodor

raeodor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

RO: 2? seriously?
They talked about releasing it 6 years ago or more. What a joke.

#88 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

RO: 2? seriously?
They talked about releasing it 6 years ago or more. What a joke.

Its a good thing you actually read the thread. There have been two RO:2 games. The first one got canned rather swiftly. The second one is the one we're talking about.

#89 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

3D characters ruin it. Why these generic models? If they did go with models over sprites, they should have given them the illusion of sprites (paper mario?). It would atleast play like RO and be unique in style from other MMO games.

Card system is fine, maybe better than current RO cards.
Novice system sad to go but fine with me.
Merchants, Smiths and Alchemists turned into a quest class is fine with me. I don't have to make a merchant to vend anymore.
Lack of stat controls is a bit lame but it's interesting to gain them through quests and such but it shouldn't be a grind fest.

#90 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

My response to RO2:

Posted Image

#91 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

wow, I actually feel guilty about playing KRO2 for relaxing purposes...

Posted Image

Yeah I play with low graphics for my computer to be able to run it >_>

To be true I have found some RO-esque- feeling in it even with all the changes and I'm surprised how actually a lot of "illegals"players playing it.

To the point world chat has english text for parties.

About the event baphomet, are we talking about "big as mountain bapho" because that is way too big, first time seeing I was O________O "holy crap"

My current trauma is noticing my assassin hit the necks of all monster on any size. It was pointed by guildies when I was attacking a spore and my char bent herself before killing the poor thing :p_swt:

also without cash shop is kind of refreshing xD, I was excited to see my current clothes in the news update.

I find the game to be based on RO but no RO1, its just more relaxing.

and about wheover was complaining about PVP, go to channel 1 and stand in prontera center without getting challenge for a while ¬¬ I ended doing a run on top of the houses because a freaking sorcerer was chasing me down to challenge me for the third time that day -.-u... She fell to the water XD.

And yeah, I'm doing parkour in RO2 :p_love: and have a student now, but he keep falling down the big mushrooms in the spore map =S

P.S: that screen... is south prontera... IT makes me dream about how current south prontera looks o.o

Edited by Kiryu, 17 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#92 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

The game is still new so they still have a lot of stuff to add... but it sounds it has the same problem as every Korean MMORPG out there. Koreans just don't understand how to put depth into a game. :(

#93 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Why do they feel the need to make MVP's like 1236182736781 times bigger than you are <_<?

Dunno. It could help with crowding issues when there's a lot of players on-screen and you can click on the monster more easily. Some of the monsters are the same scale as RO1 monsters. (Have you seen how big Porings are in RO1 when your character is standing next to one?)

More stuff:

Map of RO2's world: http://ro2.gnjoy.com/Guide/libArea.asp Looks like the fields next to Prontera went kablooey. Wonder what happened there? Posted Image Comodo looks like it's in one piece. And is that a rebuilt Morroc I see? Posted Image

New cash shop summer outfits: http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=317&curpage=1

Union system with class-exclusive gear: http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=316&curpage=1

Went exploring through the kRO2 site and found this: http://ro2.gnjoy.com...e/gameGuide.asp

(Please note, I can't read Korean so I'm purely making assumptions from the pictures.)

[Keyboard controls] [Job Classes] [Life Professions] [Cards] [Khara] [UI]
[unknown] [Party Search] [no idea/Guilds?] [unknown] [PVP] [Kafra]

Looks like you can request 1-on-1 PVP wherever or go to a PVP arena.

Mailbox looks like a bird house. XD

Flight service allows you to fly between certain points or between cities; very convenient for big maps.

When you set up shop, your character will be accompanied by a Poring and a box of stuff. Supposedly you can turn your character into a shop NPC if you set up and log out. This I look forward to trying out.

Friendlist and chat are a major improvement from RO1. So is the auction house.

OMG, cutscenes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIk-rpEVLDg

Job class skills (minus Swordsman for some reason):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfONM0lgtg

This should weed out some more haters.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 17 August 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#94 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Gah, I want to see that game at full settings. :(

#95 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Gah, I want to see that game at full settings. :(

I can put up screenshots for you later.

#96 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I can put up screenshots for you later.

Please do. Highest Res you can handle if you could. I want some sort of idea how it would look on my computer.

#97 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Please do. Highest Res you can handle if you could. I want some sort of idea how it would look on my computer.

No problem! I play on max settings. :> May be after this weekend though because I'm prepping to go Yosemite. Stay tuned!

#98 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

Max Settings. High Res. 560 Ti.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cutscene Rendering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIk-rpEVLDg

*Note Anti-Aliasing isn't supported. Results in black screen if forced.

Edited by Maka, 18 August 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#99 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Really? That's weird. Especially something running Gamebryo.

#100 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wish it had Tessellation and DX11 support though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users