May 8 Maintenance - Page 10 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 8 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#226 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

70% off? That would be 45.
30% off? That would be 105.

Hasn't it been 105 for years?

30% off would be 4.5
70% off is 105

I'm positive it hasn't been that way for 105 years but I have no idea how long it's been. You would have to ask Heim or GM team about that. I'm only trying to help answer your question for you,

that's still ridiculous to say it's discounted if it has always been 105 and now is 130 LOL

How to raise price gravity style:
"sorry but since implementation we gave discount and now we still give discount, but less"

I'm only answering the question asked. I have absolutely no control over what they do nor do I agree with it either. I believe the price should be the same as the HD Ores & we should be able to buy a 10x box for 100.

the discount was for 2 weeks....they forgot to take it out, they juz did it right now after 2yrs LOL

The 10x box ran for 210KP for a special limited discount for one week. That's not the discount that everyone is talking about on the 5x box that was accidentally priced at 105KP instead of 150KP because someone transposed the numbers & made a mistake. It wasn't a discount on purpose.

Edited by Razzez, 10 May 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#227 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

Razzez, just sell your morrigane's set and stop asking please.

The Morrigane Set is a perfectly good set & I have no reason to sell it. I can keep asking as long as I want. At least until I get told by Heim or Oda that it definitely won't be done or considered which I haven't seen or heard yet.

You know of a better set for Merchants & Theifs that doesn't cost so much?

I believe Heim/Oda and many others said that morrigane set was good but not meant to last into the 3rd job class (100+) area. If you forgot, look back at the previous thread you made about this.

If they did I didn't see it. You are correct many others voiced their opinions about this set not being good as an End Game Set & I said I wasn't using this set for that. I am using this for 2nd Job Classes & not even 3rd Job Classes that are 100+.

I have two Merchants (one Alchemist & one Blacksmith) & a Rouge, none of which have gone through rebirth yet. They are close but either way they are nowhere's near Job Class 3 & 100+.

So I hope this clarifies things finally.

Instead of telling me what not to use then how about suggestions on what would be better fit my needs that wouldn't cost a mint?

That would be appreciated.

#228 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

If you are using it for 2nd classes only then stop complaining and level, it's easy to attain third class within 1 week. Looks like you just want to sell a bunch of morrigane equips you have been stocking.

#229 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Certain equipment in the game have slots and certain equipment do not. All this is designed with a purpose of balancing. Equipment market price is dependant on how useful they are overall. Morrigane's is serving its purpose as a second class set and there is no reason to add a slot to it to buff it.

Why don't they add a slot to white wing set, or Ur's set? Why don't they add a slot to vidar's boots? It makes no sense to randomly buff things, because it disturbs the balance / economy and makes certain equipment overpowered.

If you want a slot for 2nd class equipment, use something else... simple as that. You can stick a raydric card in a slotted muffler if you wanted to. It would be a waste of course, since as mentioned, you can turn 3rd class easily within a week.

#230 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

If you are using it for 2nd classes only then stop complaining and level, it's easy to attain third class within 1 week. Looks like you just want to sell a bunch of morrigane equips you have been stocking.

I'm not the one complaining. It's easy to say what someone else needs or doesn't need & can do when you are way beyond that point. It takes way longer then a week to get to 3rd Class even if they did Double EXP. I have to Rebirth then go through each class all over again so I don't know where you come up with a week especially when you don't even know what my levels are in Job Class 2.

Why would I stock up on Morrigane Equipment. I only have one set for your information. It's not like I can wear two at the same time.

Certain equipment in the game have slots and certain equipment do not. All this is designed with a purpose of balancing. Equipment market price is dependant on how useful they are overall. Morrigane's is serving its purpose as a second class set and there is no reason to add a slot to it to buff it.

Why don't they add a slot to white wing set, or Ur's set? Why don't they add a slot to vidar's boots? It makes no sense to randomly buff things, because it disturbs the balance / economy and makes certain equipment overpowered.

If you want a slot for 2nd class equipment, use something else... simple as that. You can stick a raydric card in a slotted muffler if you wanted to. It would be a waste of course, since as mentioned, you can turn 3rd class easily within a week.

They just added slots to other equipment not long ago. Who said anything about randomly buffing things? You actually think simply slotting Morrigane would change the balance & the economy & make it overpowered. I think that's a bit far fetched.

Using a Muffler is a downgrade & adding a Raydric card to it would be stupid & still wouldn't be worth it.

I don't know how you people think you can become 3rd Class in just a week even if you played 24/7 it would be impossible.

BTW I said better equipment then the Morrigane Set & not lower grade.

#231 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

You need to understand.
When they say getting to third job in a week, what they really mean is playing sixteen hours a day, spamming 3x battle manuals the entire time and using their guild mates to boost them way faster than should be possible.

They omit these parts of course.

#232 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

24 hours to make my novice into arch bishop (with 8 hours of sleep and multiple hours of doing other things)
Fencer Scrolls, BMX3 from 1 to 90 (Magmarings to lv 30, underwater dungeon to 90), medal, transcend, fencer scrolls & bmx3 to ~91, 91-99 board quests in eden + medals, change to 3rd job.
Fast and effortless. x:

#233 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Different characters make a big difference too. Try doing it solo without all the scrolls, medals, BMx3's, etc... Then see how long it truly takes.

Edited by Razzez, 10 May 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#234 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Different characters make a big difference too. Try doing it solo without all the scrolls, medals, BMx3's, etc... Then see how long it truly takes.

Much too long! :D Lv 100+ is where its at now, anything before needs to be done ASAP~

#235 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

made a thief on tuesday morning... its now level 91 rogue....no party, no bmx3, no mercs, no turn ins... just grinding... to say leveling takes too long is outrageous... prerenewal it took months to get to 91... you have leveling options other than grinding... if you choose not to take them then dont complain about gear... personally id like to see a return to the old way of leveling... theres hardly any accomplishment for players anymore...

#236 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thief or Merchant?

Auto attack or Cart Revolution things to death.
Do Eden/Gramps turn in.

Congratulations, if you can put ~4 hours a day on RO you are level 100 (With rebirth) in a week. If you play less it'll take more time obviously unless you VIP/BM/Medal.

#237 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

That's still Job Class 2. A long way from rebirth, Job Class 3 & 100+. It won't take you a week to do that. Regardless of the gear you had to do what you did already.

Not all of us have hoards of zeny to spend or a collection of gear.

Some of us have only been playing for months & haven't been around since prerenewal.

#238 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thief or Merchant?

Auto attack or Cart Revolution things to death.
Do Eden/Gramps turn in.

Congratulations, if you can put ~4 hours a day on RO you are level 100 (With rebirth) in a week. If you play less it'll take more time obviously unless you VIP/BM/Medal.

First off you have to be at least level 70 to do the Gramps TI. Even then I can't do most of them due to the fact that most of the time the monsters are level 100. I have finally been able to do the last couple though. It's not necessarily easy to get on a party though when a Blacksmith, Merchant & Rogue don't have the battle skills other then the Cart Revolution for the Merch.

Besides that I'm not in any rush to level or spend all my time grinding. These are only secondary characters of course. Either way this wouldn't get a person to Rebirth, Job 3 & 100+ even in two weeks time. You wouldn't even be able to use Gramps after Rebirth till you get back to 70+.

#239 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

You can get to level 70 in like ~6 hours without VIP/Manuals without even trying. (When you start a character you get 2 manuals x1.5 now). Do Eden turn ins, hell you can spam them, sticky webfoot gives 56 to 71 in a big 10 minutes.

If you can afford a Morrigane Manteau which is like 30m+, you can afford a few orange potions and ~2000 sticky webfoot.

#240 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

30% off would be 4.5
70% off is 105

I'm positive it hasn't been that way for 105 years but I have no idea how long it's been. You would have to ask Heim or GM team about that. I'm only trying to help answer your question for you,

i'm not sure i understand your math. heim did say 70% discount but i think he meant 30%. XD

and i would read before saying something completely wrong. he said: "Hasn't it been 105 for years?"
i do miss the discount though :( i stocked up on enriched before it went away

i agree it takes a long time to get to 3rd class, with real life and all getting in the way, but i like the morrigane set the way it is now. if you want an alternative garment for luk/crit (and so free up your headgear/accessory slots), try an overupgraded valk manteau with a green maiden card. it shouldn't be too expensive if you upgrade it yourself. (i am selling a +9 and +10 valk manteau if you're interested though, green maiden card not included). edit: oops, nvm you're on valk

Edited by beaupoem, 10 May 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#241 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

The only items I recall having slots added to them, or even having their descriptions / stats changed were the Warlock mora gears. Mora gears are also very new and not an old item. I don't recall the reason for the change but it may have been that they were supposed to have the slot on them but were not implemented on iRO for some reason.

So yeah, it is very rare that an item gets changed for no reason at all. Even skills and so on never get changed, even though performers really need it right now.

Morrigane's is a great set for 2nd class characters already and there is no reason to buff it. Once you move to 3rd class or trans 2nd class there are better and more expensive options, and that's the way the game and the game market is. Better gears will have a bigger price set by users naturally.

#242 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

That's strange - if I'm not wrong, two months ago I managed to exchange old battle manuals, which you get in eden (or something like this, quite early), to normal battle manuals which can be placed into storage unlike old ones, using gum&manual exchanger (it happened automatically when you use it at 40+ level). But now I can't do the same for other character, it doesn't happen when I use this atm. Did I miss anything?

#243 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Eden board quests from 70ish to 85. Also the 86 to 99 quests. Save them up. Be lvl 71 after rebirth. BMx3 and turn them all in and be lvl 96 or so like I did with my sinx.

Also Razzez, your constant nagging the GM team about the morri set bonus is very reminiscent of ... I hate to say this but, it's like Balong and how 99% of his posts are asking for boxter or some other cash shop item. Using or not using morrigane set is not going to make or break anything, there are bigger things for the GM team to worry about, especially with the mystery update coming that Oda mentioned. Personally all i need are my backpack and rudolf hat and everything is perfect for almost all my melee classes. Or pantie/undershirt for low levels.

Sorry if that came off a bit harsh but even if adding a slot is important to you, frankly it's not that important to everyone else. Without it morrigane is still a great set. Hell I'd like to ask for a slot on variants but hey, can't get everything.

#244 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Unlikely that Morrigane set will ever get slots because it would make getting 100 perfect dodge too easy.

#245 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

That's strange - if I'm not wrong, two months ago I managed to exchange old battle manuals, which you get in eden (or something like this, quite early), to normal battle manuals which can be placed into storage unlike old ones, using gum&manual exchanger (it happened automatically when you use it at 40+ level). But now I can't do the same for other character, it doesn't happen when I use this atm. Did I miss anything?

yeah, the same thing happened to me. i forgot about them until i recently logged back in though, and they had changed to the normal storable forms by themselves. so try relogging and see if that helps

edit: i thought you were talking about the manuals and gums you get from code the redeemer :P

Edited by beaupoem, 10 May 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#246 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

You can't change the "Old" novice battle manuals into normal storagable manuals. It wasn't supposed to do that in the first place. Too many people were abusing it.

It got fixed. The Bubble Gum/Manual Exchanger machine was taken out for about a week to fix this issue.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 10 May 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#247 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Price is 30 pt each
We did an event 5x box that was at 70% normal price.
But it was left in instead of swapping out to a more normal 15% off price.

Normally it should be 10x for 70% off but we didn't have the box to do that at the time.

So now 1 = 100%
5x = 15% off
10x event = 30% off

If 5x were 30% off it doesn't give us much room to do sales promotions ever.

#248 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

You can't change the "Old" novice battle manuals into normal storagable manuals. It wasn't supposed to do that in the first place. Too many people were abusing it.

It got fixed. The Bubble Gum/Manual Exchanger machine was taken out for about a week to fix this issue.

But how it could be abused? I think old manuals you can get only at start and won't see ever again. Yeah, you can exchange old manuals for normal ones and normal ones (you get 2 old manuals) for 1 HE manual. But you need 40+ for that.

#249 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

But how it could be abused? I think old manuals you can get only at start and won't see ever again. Yeah, you can exchange old manuals for normal ones and normal ones (you get 2 old manuals) for 1 HE manual. But you need 40+ for that.

I can think of at least one very easy way it could be abused actually. It really shouldn't do that again.

#250 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hm, still have no even slightest idea. You can't vend them, you can't exchange them till 40 (I can't believe that someone would make chars and level them till that level).

Well, if it's true that it was somehow abused then it may be right thing to fix that. Though it's sad that I can't do anything to move them to storage now.

Edited by Vehona, 10 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users