May 8 Maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 8 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#151 SethDecimus

SethDecimus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hi,I'm still newbish but i have to agree on with everyone on the +7.
There is no point in going to +8 heck if you're going to do that might as well make it +10 or higher
with +3 or higher enchants dex.agi.str,so on.
I mean like i said i am still new and as for a noob i spent well over a few hundred dollars just to Vip my new account,buy costumes and enriched elus,oris,HD elus and ori's.
And tried to many times to upgrade my armors and weaps to +7 or higher...even with safe to 7 i would have to buy at least 3-6 of em once i got the armor to +4 or+5 and psh out of everything i attempted to upgrade i got a +7 muffler,+7Buckler and lol that's is it.
So i even as a noob who is still learning the game i support the idea of making it +7
instead of 8.and sure as a new player i learn i make mistakes,but i learn from them as well.
and i just like many others i spent a bit of real cash to purchase the March Grove Packs.
and Spring Boxes as well,then when i would not get what i wanted spend another 40-50-75$
just so i could maybe get lucky and get some things to sell and keep.
And i did,and i spent well over 200mill trying to upgrade armors and weaps for each class i wanted to play,and for me the highest thing i ever got on this server and i nearly fell over was a +10 Orc Archer Bow,Lol then here's the funny part,trying to get my other gears and head gears to +7 at least
"FAIL"then i try again and bam a +7 armor for another class,
Sorry for the novel and ramble.but i must agree even as a new player +7 would be so much better.
and it would make all the players even us new players very very happy.
as for the TI's i still got a ways to go to get there.but i'm working on it.
Thank You :p_smile:

#152 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

• New Gramps TIs
  • 70-95 - Zipper Bear, Alarm
    105-120 - Violy, Death Word
    125-140 - Dolomedes, Frus

Really, Violys as an annoying TI monster?

#153 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

I have been reading peoples responses to the "Diversity" issue and have realized that every single person has had the same thing to say in a hundred different ways.

To sum up and be excessively blunt diversity on the Turn In maps is total -_-, it is another time wasting factor, this game strives on 2 things, maintaining a nice pace that is not frustrating, and the Cash Shop(which coincidently has a direct relationship with pacing). This "Diversity" is a -_-ty attempt to elongate the game and manipulate people in believing they are achieving more than they actually are.

Developers should take note that the more successful games are leaning away from ridiculous time sinks, WoW was a massive time sink everything in that game was arbitrary, from the exhaustive crafting system, to the raiding...all senseless wastes of time.

If being a VIP which people pay you for is such a privilege make it that way. Put nothing but turn in monsters on the maps, in smaller maps with higher spawn rates, this will have 2 significant impacts on the game, one it will increase the speed at which people can level, and here is the smart part, you will likely see an increase in the sales of Reset Stones, so people can more frequently do Turn ins, you could actually make more money on making the game feel more productive, ultimately this is a win win solution.

Thanks for reading my bull-_-.

1. you are completely oblivious to what people were posting.. the majority of people in this thread were ok with the diversity the spawn rate (totally different topic from diversity) was the issue.
2. other games like wow play to a different audience as do all games and this game.. and dispite being a time sink they enjoy millions of subcribers who enjoy these "time sinks"
3. what you describe about having no reset cooldowns and TI's with just 1 or 2 types of mobs is not Ragnarok online.. Thats Power Leveling TI Online.. and while there are some who share your "vision"... you do NOT represent the majority of players so don't act like you do..
4. you want all reward with not effort.. its things like that that pave the way for all these anoying gold spammers ... the last line of your rant.. is probably the only line i read which seemed genuine il give you that..

If you don't like the TI system and how its been implemented.. thats fine.. state your greivance and move on.. but dont sit here and berate the Higher ups that actually go out of their ways to attempt to make the game fun and interesting customizing it regularly. You wont see that at a game like WoW... ever...
This isn't a private server if thats what you prefer.. theres the door -->

#154 gerpogi

gerpogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Server:classic,valk

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hi,I'm still newbish but i have to agree on with everyone on the +7.
There is no point in going to +8 heck if you're going to do that might as well make it +10 or higher
with +3 or higher enchants dex.agi.str,so on.
I mean like i said i am still new and as for a noob i spent well over a few hundred dollars just to Vip my new account,buy costumes and enriched elus,oris,HD elus and ori's.
And tried to many times to upgrade my armors and weaps to +7 or higher...even with safe to 7 i would have to buy at least 3-6 of em once i got the armor to +4 or+5 and psh out of everything i attempted to upgrade i got a +7 muffler,+7Buckler and lol that's is it.
So i even as a noob who is still learning the game i support the idea of making it +7
instead of 8.and sure as a new player i learn i make mistakes,but i learn from them as well.
and i just like many others i spent a bit of real cash to purchase the March Grove Packs.
and Spring Boxes as well,then when i would not get what i wanted spend another 40-50-75$
just so i could maybe get lucky and get some things to sell and keep.
And i did,and i spent well over 200mill trying to upgrade armors and weaps for each class i wanted to play,and for me the highest thing i ever got on this server and i nearly fell over was a +10 Orc Archer Bow,Lol then here's the funny part,trying to get my other gears and head gears to +7 at least
"FAIL"then i try again and bam a +7 armor for another class,
Sorry for the novel and ramble.but i must agree even as a new player +7 would be so much better.
and it would make all the players even us new players very very happy.
as for the TI's i still got a ways to go to get there.but i'm working on it.
Thank You :p_smile:

i agree with the +7 thing. people who cant afford to +8 pretty much cant enjoy this event.

#155 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Wheres that Costume NPC? Alora

Edit: NVM found it at 2nd flr lolz, my client bugging >_<

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 08 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#156 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Stuff

I love you man :p_laugh:

#157 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

• Enriched Elunium 5 box at 15% dc perm
  • Enriched Oridecon 5 Box at 15% dc perm
  • Enriched hammer defaults off again (normal).
What does the abbreviation "dc" stands for? discount or discontinued? And what is "off again" means?

Edited by LangyLang, 08 May 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#158 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

EDIT : Does anyone know if you can turn in TI's after the week has gone by. A friend convinced me to turn mines in before maintenance just in case, but I hit 99/50 before finishing the counts and wondered if i could have used after I transed, maybe job levels 49 and 50 as a high first class lol.

you can be 99/50 and have a bunch of TI's completed but not turned in
transcend then get back to a level range that you'll get full exp for the turn in.. like 80 or so.. (dont turn them in at lvl 1 or you get like 1-2 levels)

also... one thing you can do... is do TI's during the week, and before the week is done do 1 last TI and get REALLLY CLOSE to finishing it.. like 390/400 390/400 but don't turn it in
when the new TI's come out do those but when the week is nearly done pick it up 1 last time and get REALLY CLOSE to finishing it... like 390/400 390/400 but don't turn it in..

keep doing that for a whlie

id once had 18 TI's saved up at level 105 then went and got the last few kills for each of them.. Poped a BMX3 poured it all into base exp and wound up like level 120 :D

Edited by Helios0, 08 May 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#159 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Um reset stones can only be used ever 3 hours regardless... so even with Ti's being like they are at 30 min - 1 hours to complete theres still 2 hours before you can do next TI with a reset stone (except first reset) So the TI length is fine for this and is not going to send the reset stone sale up anymore. Diversity is actually Fun... and most of us liked the IDEA. but just want a different ratio. More TI monsters compared to the extra mobs was what we were looking for, and last week a lot of us also just wanted more mobs in general.

Keep it up heh. and lets see how the 2/3 TI mobs to 1/3 extra mobs works out. Hopefully it'll work out great, of not then next eek will be 3/4 TI to 1/4 extra mobs (which would then be the end ratio to stick with probably.)

And TI's are NOT VIP only heh. And yes I pay for VIP myself. I'm happy with the idea, just heim's choice to change the ratios next week is something I'm looking forward to. of course since i'm transing all 3 of my characters I may or may not get to do any of them ><.

EDIT : Does anyone know if you can turn in TI's after the week has gone by. A friend convinced me to turn mines in before maintenance just in case, but I hit 99/50 before finishing the counts and wondered if i could have used after I transed, maybe job levels 49 and 50 as a high first class lol.

You clearly missed the underlying point, so i will elaborate. VIP's get to do both the Hunting Quests which is great, also why i used them as the prime audience, as opposed to those that don't pay and consequently have absolutely no impact on Gravitys income. As for the stones, if you as a player had Quicker Turn Ins which allotted you time finish it quickly then go MvP, or PvP or whatever you would not want this?. As for the 3 hour thing if it took me 30mins to do, even if i could only do it once every 3 hours i don't know about you but I would be highly -_- motivated to maybe do it again, and again, and if i had the time again.

#160 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

plz nerf sura, rk, rg and gene. Leave ranger untouched. And buff gx, mechanic, performers, sc and abs.

And we have a perfectly balanced ragnarok :-)

Edited by coolnix, 09 May 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#161 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

1. you are completely oblivious to what people were posting.. the majority of people in this thread were ok with the diversity the spawn rate (totally different topic from diversity) was the issue.
2. other games like wow play to a different audience as do all games and this game.. and dispite being a time sink they enjoy millions of subcribers who enjoy these "time sinks"
3. what you describe about having no reset cooldowns and TI's with just 1 or 2 types of mobs is not Ragnarok online.. Thats Power Leveling TI Online.. and while there are some who share your "vision"... you do NOT represent the majority of players so don't act like you do..
4. you want all reward with not effort.. its things like that that pave the way for all these anoying gold spammers ... the last line of your rant.. is probably the only line i read which seemed genuine il give you that..

If you don't like the TI system and how its been implemented.. thats fine.. state your greivance and move on.. but dont sit here and berate the Higher ups that actually go out of their ways to attempt to make the game fun and interesting customizing it regularly. You wont see that at a game like WoW... ever...
This isn't a private server if thats what you prefer.. theres the door -->

Thats alot of posts you have made wish I had time to respond to everyones opinions so i could insert my own...Its not called reward for little effort the whole concept of the TI is maximum reward for less effort otherwise this game would still be a grindfest that it was way back when before transcending. What is the harm in maximizing the speed at which reward is met in something that is by its nature designed to be a quick reward, how is increased productivity bad in something that inherently is used specifically for that purpose.

Also if you could explain how improving the productivity of a specific part of the game, somehow paves the way for gold spammers i would love to hear that, those 2 issues are totally unrelated...how did you make that connection does magic 8 ball help you with your responses? You have somehow related quicker levelling with Items and Gold/Zeny acquisition...There doesn't seem to be any logic at all with this. If anything allowing people the opportunity to get the items they want by reducing the amount of time levelling, would reduce the temptation and consequently the draw of using gold farmers, cause they could acquire the gear/zeny themselves. Which makes getting the item all that more rewarding.

Edited by Darkxealot, 09 May 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#162 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

• Genticists can no longer create Tiger Footskins, Heroic Emblems or Bravery Marks

• Oh come on Heimdallr!? Are you kidding me!? Why you had to take that out WITHOUT a Warning? I still have like 1000 Sets in my Storage to make those stuff! I bought and/ or collected them myself. Did you really had to Ninja me like this? Man thanks for kicking my ass on a weekly base now, this game makes me really tired and starts to annoy me.

#163 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
    • 421 posts
    • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
    • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

plz nerf sura, rk, rg and gene. Leave ranger untouched. And buff gx, mechanic, performers, sc and abs.

And we have a perfectly balanced ragnarok :-)

damn not again the same sh¡t~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_BqoQ7LoZ0

Edited by wonka, 09 May 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#164 nikhiljain

nikhiljain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
    • 76 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

damn not again the same sh¡t~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_BqoQ7LoZ0

ooooooooooh, some1 doesnt like the idea of nerfing their beloved sura :-)

btw u look nice in the video. and u HATE girls!!! why??

Edited by nikhiljain, 09 May 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#165 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
    • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yikes @ the 105-120 Violy/DeathWord TI this week.

I understand the need for variety, but the monster grouping is just a bit punishing.

Phendark, Archdam, Wanderer, Violy and DeathWord = Silence, Curse, Knockback, Ranged Attackers, Snatch

You guys should throw in a Bleed effect as well for good measure :P

But seriously if you are looking to provide "diversity," then you should take a look at your TI MAPS as well as your TI monsters. I'm pretty -_- tired of killing things in that god-forsaken area known as Rachel Sanc...

#166 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
    • 7119 posts
    • LocationUSA, Texas
    • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

I guess you still aren't taking into consideration adding a slot to the Morrigane Set :hmm:

Or what do you need more people besides me asking for this to be done?

Edited by Razzez, 09 May 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#167 Superpass

Superpass

Amateur Blogger

• Members
    • 113 posts
    • Server:Classic, Yggdrasil

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

Just completed the 70-95 TI, took about 1 hour with 1 priest, and no aoe other than BB/auto blitz. Seemed like the spawn rate was pretty good, some areas were fairly dry while we would run into heavily mobbed areas fairly frequently. Was quite a bit of fun. Map was a lot like Nogg though, so that helped.

#168 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
    • 7119 posts
    • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

• Enriched Elunium 5 box at 15% dc perm
    • Enriched Oridecon 5 Box at 15% dc perm
    • Enriched hammer defaults off again (normal).
    What does the abbreviation "dc" stands for? discount or discontinued? And what is "off again" means?

If this was answered I missed it.

dc = discount that's why it's permanent, there is no way they would discontinue this item

If you are referring to "Enriched hammer defaults off again (normal)." I don't believe anyone is sure what exactly that means. At least I haven't seen the answer to it & I have seen many ask that too.

I don't think Heim answered it yet though.

#169 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
    • 3467 posts
    • LocationWaterloo, IA
    • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

If you are referring to "Enriched hammer defaults off again (normal)." I don't believe anyone is sure what exactly that means. At least I haven't seen the answer to it & I have seen many ask that too.
    I don't think Heim answered it yet though.

To answer it bluntly, Enriched Hammer has disappeared and won't be back until next time.

#170 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
    • 154 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well, the reason i brought up the "dc" due to that, the enriched used to be 105 now it's 130. In the US, discounted means lower not higher.

#171 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
    • 18610 posts
    • Twitter:@nekoxellie
    • LocationValhalla
    • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Re : TI feedback.

I only did the 135-150 TI and I personally liked it. The general exp on the map was pretty good and it wasn't so easy that you'd fall asleep and it wasn't so hard that it was frustrating and I'm not entirely clear why people had a problem with it.

However, the manuk map is kinda a poor choice imo, the monsters would end up stacking into little corners (although maybe this can be attributed to party leaders being dumb and winging at wrong times) which made the TI take longer and seem not dense enough.

Xellie exclusive feedback : margies suck but made it a bit more interesting, I would have like to have seen maybe 1 or 2 of the other bio 3 monsters on the map (single spawn) at anyone time. Howard or seyren (not casters (kathy) and definately not cecil or eremes) as a bit of "something to look out for" - but that may very well just be me.

I did find people didn't really flock to doing these parties, it was hard to find one a lot of the time (I played in literally all timezones last week) - I'm not sure why. The turn in exp using a 3x manual and vip was enough on full base for a whole level each turn in up to 146, then it was 2 TIs per level (including the exp gained in a share party) - yet people said that sucked?

idk how easy it has to get before people stop complaining.

btw : if I can find a mob that can regularly nearly kill me on a char that has 120 vit, 50k hp and all my super amazing awesome fantabulous gear and potting hard, I'm pretty sure the density is JUST FINE. The map layout just made it look low.

Edited by Xellie, 09 May 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#172 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
    • 1908 posts
    • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
    • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

However, the manuk map is kinda a poor choice imo, the monsters would end up stacking into little corners (although maybe this can be attributed to party leaders being dumb and winging at wrong times) which made the TI take longer and seem not dense enough.

this ._.

#173 sylverfyre

sylverfyre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
    • 20 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

The mob density/quality wasn't the problem for me, it's that I really don't feel like ARCHERS should have been one of the target mobs. Ever. They can be there to slow you down & annoy you, but leave it at that.

And yeah, throw in some sinx next time. Shouldn't be able to solo the TI on a ranger like that. Literally ZEROOOOOOO things that could see hide.

#174 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
    • 465 posts
    • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hm, I thought that Grandma Boxter would go home after the maintenance.

#175 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
    • 7119 posts
    • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Well, the reason i brought up the "dc" due to that, the enriched used to be 105 now it's 130. In the US, discounted means lower not higher.

You must have missed last weeks post from Heim where he announce that we had been getting a 70% discount all along on the 5x box of Enriched & the just left it like that for some time.

Someone entered 105 instead of 150 like it was supposed to be. That's why if you did the math on the 1x it was 30kp times 5 would be 150kp. So instead of raising it to 150kp like they originally were going to do they decided to discount it still from the price it should have been 150kp down to 130kp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users