FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide) - Page 6 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#126 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

i miss only 72 briliant lower and after i only need lvl my comie..not easy task with work and gym all day..

#127 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

doesn't loy have brilliant lower? unless his shop is outdated

#128 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

he has glorious not briliant, anyway i will test that set when i will reach 72 1 day cuse atm im in a break...got tired of game..and got things in real life to do..

Edited by Sasuke21, 26 July 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#129 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

Who cares if you could do a 50000 beam slash, you'll be dead before you can even cast it.

Conq set is the way forward - massive STR and CON, and fixed skill crit and SCAD to help out a bit.

TBH I'd like to make a PvE commie and go for maximum possible damage using the Brill set, but if you want to do any PvP you'd be failing from step one if you didn't take a set with at least some CON.

#130 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationWhy do you need to know?
  • Server:Where all the drama is.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

Who cares if you could do a 50000 beam slash, you'll be dead before you can even cast it.

Conq set is the way forward - massive STR and CON, and fixed skill crit and SCAD to help out a bit.

TBH I'd like to make a PvE commie and go for maximum possible damage using the Brill set, but if you want to do any PvP you'd be failing from step one if you didn't take a set with at least some CON.

Correction. You can put CON into brill. Aka RH STR/CON AKA DC 6Con and 20 def Scale. You can rock a brill in pvp if you know what your doing with it correctly, plus be able to do much more SS dmg than most commanders. Brill is a pure DPS set that can still get CON in it if your smart enough to implement it into there instead of resistance like some peeps! Also you have Alosa, 75 shield, 75 sword, 79 sword, 75 axe, 79 axe. Yes low ass chances to get 79 stuff uncursed, but thats what 75-_- is for. >=O So you should try making a commander and wear that brill and abuse those enchant slots before ya talk about not having any con in that set, ya heard? >_>

#131 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Whatever works for you chappy.

Of course experience can tell, but raw stats argue the main points for me -
  • Comparing Brill to Conq at +10 you're losing 1360 HP for 186 more SCAD (including set bonuses). At +30 you're talking 2760 HP to 466 SCAD.
  • Brill has wind resistance compared to Conq's fire.
  • Could make up for Brill's HP loss with Alosa, but that'd be instead of Resist orna or SCAD ball (if we're talking an ideal, +30 world).
  • Enchanting is a moot point - you could enchant any armour with CON.

Make up your own mind. What's worth more, the HP or SCAD..

#132 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

If use alosa, 75 spits, and enchant con where is there room for resistance :P

Edited by Syre, 26 July 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#133 Kvasir

Kvasir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

Ok just a note your math is wrong a full +30 brill set is 511 scad which is a pretty big bit of extra damage if you consider str = raw damage which means more base hit for skills. Now this is a tip +30 alosa and +30 uncursed axe that is 4600 hp or so then if you add 8/8 all set parts with 6 con DC scales that is another 1300 hp right there your hitting 5900 extra health. And the toons base is already about 6k with the set so your hitting almost 12k hp with a dps set. (this isn't even including the pet bonus which is mostly likely to happen which means its about 13.500)

Then there is the obvious fact fact that a +30 resist shield gives 38% resist to all types and the natural resistence of the set itself gives you theoretically about 70% to everything. And considering scad and the like this really wont make a huge difference anyways. and wind resists would be used vs an ele so at least i has some use.

Edited by Kvasir, 26 July 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#134 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Whatever works for you chappy.

Of course experience can tell, but raw stats argue the main points for me -

• Comparing Brill to Conq at +10 you're losing 1360 HP for 186 more SCAD (including set bonuses). At +30 you're talking 2760 HP to 466 SCAD.
  • Brill has wind resistance compared to Conq's fire.
  • Could make up for Brill's HP loss with Alosa, but that'd be instead of Resist orna or SCAD ball (if we're talking an ideal, +30 world).
  • Enchanting is a moot point - you could enchant any armour with CON.

Make up your own mind. What's worth more, the HP or SCAD..

Ok Buddy, you know "a lot" about a commander. Very good facts. Cept your waging between sets without knowing their full potential. Yes You lose hp and you gain SCAD for it. Hence why its called a DPS set, not a ez mode set like 75, which is mainly based off Def and HP, yeah it gives STR too but pfft. That imo is more PvE based, but is used in PvP, which isn't bad.

Now, experience has much more to tell than your "facts" or raw stats. Because speaking from experience, you can also tell the difference in dps and hp. Can counter the hp loss with alosa as you said, plus a 75 shield and 75 or 79 sword or axe as I said before. Yes brill has wind resistance, and Conq has fire, big whoop. If your a smart enough player, you can make a resist suit or you can abuse the resistance SCAD ball gives(Which also further increases your DPS if you can learn how to quick switch your suits for right moments and crucial timing).

You can offset the HP loss along with slots in the armor as well, also giving the CON needed to slot in the armor. Oh yeah, and you can reinforce your orni's that also give CON. There is also RH breathing for orni's as well to continue to up your hp loss. I did my theory and hypothesis and I can still get over a good 10k hp damn near 15k hp. Even if hp loss is lower than most commanders, my dmg would be higher, I could still take someone down quickly, just because my DPS overides their defense and chops that hp down. Plus the fact there are Guild bonuses, 20% hp bonuses, lvl 10 pets, multiple ways to counter hp loss.

#135 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

if i was going to make a commie i would get:

s2 glorious set enchant with even more con
75 axe
tb shield
resist orn, alosa and cad ball

would get "cap def", cap resist, big hp, and big dmg

and i would not be dependent on beam, go go aa commies )

with that i could also tank while not losing any pvp skills

http://kruxena.com/s...5,0,6,0,0,0,0,0

Edited by Famous, 26 July 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#136 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

if i was going to make a commie i would get:

s2 glorious set enchant with even more con
75 axe
tb shield
resist orn, alosa and cad ball

would get "cap def", cap resist, big hp, and big dmg

and i would not be dependent on beam, go go aa commies )

with that i could also tank while not losing any pvp skills

http://kruxena.com/s...5,0,6,0,0,0,0,0

Very nice Fam!

#137 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Ok just a note your math is wrong a full +30 brill set is 511 scad

Yes, but take away the SCAD on the Conq parts to get my number - the difference.

On using weapon / enchants to regain lost HP - doing that is a choice you could make for any set.
Though I suppose you can enchant CON into Brill, while you can't enchant SCAD into Conq (well, using INT scales to get it indirectly would be stupid).

The major differences in the sets are the HP, SCAD and type of resist. There's not enough difference in the STR to worry about.

Using % bonuses such as pet or GvG boosts for HP would work more in favour of Conq as they boost HP and not SCAD, increasing the difference further.

Not saying 466 SCAD isn't a lot, certainly more than you could get from a +30 SCAD ball.
But by the same token, 2760 HP (perhaps near 4k with all bonuses) isn't something you can gain back from an Alosa either.

#138 Kvasir

Kvasir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Oh I just realized something. I forgot to add in the set bonus which is 46 so its a total of 557 scad lol

#139 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

This has to be a comparison of sets only. If you start trying to throw in other items it skews the results because you can throw in other items regardless of the set. Anything here will be assumed to be all +30 as we are looking to "endgame"

What does conquerors gain that is not in Brilliant?

Con 541 = 2705
Fire res = 130% roughly

What does Brilliant gain that is not in Conquerors?

Scad = 460 Net gain including bonuses
Wind resistance = 130% roughly

Now from a practical point of view you will never get the 541 con back. No matter what you reinforce you just cannot recover that much con in your armor. If you reinforce jewels with con then maybe but you will lose the skill crit chance that you will need if you do this. If you decide to use Con in jewels and recover skill crit chance with scad ball then you cannot use Alosa to get some hp back. Any Commie will try to get 79 weap/shield if possible so you cant say you will regain your hp from this as any commie can gain this same hp and would be stupid to not try to acquire these parts regardless of the set they use.

Fire resistance is a win for Conq IMO since there are lots of shammies and they get a HUGE debuff which when active will drop you from 130% to capped. A commie has 15.05% res to all as a base stat. Using a TB shield +30 is no good as that will gain you only 38% and leave you at 53% res to all which is suicide. Also with the TB shield you lose the 75/79 shield HP/Con and Block benefits which are huge. The Only weak spot to a commie using Coq as far as Res goes is when using a scad ball 1 you will have low water res. Big deal. One Class with One skill uses water (the stun doesnt hit you due to AM so this means only one water skill will bother you)

You have to think mass PvP which is the only PvP which is common. If you dont have cap res casters will eat you. If you rely on Def and max res but drop Block rate and Block def then melee will eat you (trust me on this sins/zerks dont hate my def they hate Block)

As a commie you CAN do a pure SS build if you like but IMO it is not getting everything out of the class that is possible. Commies will have 400+ CAD no matter which of the three sets they use. An AA crit rate of 20% is not utilizing this stat at all. Brill uses str main stat which builds CAD. Glorious adds CAD when you + it and Conq adds str which adds CAD. You might as well get some use from that CAD and AA some because guess what, SKILLS MISS!!! A lot.

You cannot be a pure AA commie because unlike a sin you cannot stun lock your opponent for 10 seconds so you must get some Skills in there somewhere. The problem is most players relegate a commander to EITHER AA OR SS. A commie needs to balance both and IMO Conq is the only set that allows this.

Edited by Commander, 27 July 2011 - 01:58 AM.

#140 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

aa or ss you can't stunlock either way, but i guess you can kite and use beam u.u

#141 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Well AA only works really well when the person stands still due to this games problem with locating where the person is. With skills you can usually attack more consistently while chasing. That is kinda what I am trying to point out here.

#142 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

ehm chains of restraint should make it easy enough

#143 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Misses tons and big CD. Works on only one target so cant use repetitively in Mass pvp and I last a bit longer than one kill so I like to have my options. Besides, you cant throw skills out the window in Mass PvP because you have several AOEs and if your dps is good they gain you nice kills. Like I was saying, Balance of AA and skills, not one or the other.

Edited by Commander, 27 July 2011 - 03:46 AM.

#144 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

meh if i would be playing a commie, i would not fight vs many opponents but pick people off

mhmm maybe i will make one afterall, some day eh

#145 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

A commie is supposed to last longer and take out the other teams big threat, usually a rad or defy. Try to AA a capped rad with decent gear and win. You wont as a commie I promise you that. If you like to play the pick em off one by one game GL as well, you will get little to no kills as ranged will take them all and your contribution will be very low. In order to compete as a commie you have to get into the crowd and be able to survive it.

#146 ThugSoulja

ThugSoulja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRight behind you , with two katanas pointed at you

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

A commie is supposed to last longer and take out the other teams big threat, usually a rad or defy. Try to AA a capped rad with decent gear and win. You wont as a commie I promise you that. If you like to play the pick em off one by one game GL as well, you will get little to no kills as ranged will take them all and your contribution will be very low. In order to compete as a commie you have to get into the crowd and be able to survive it.

You mean to be like a tank, well in that case whats the point to be a commie if you gotto do contribution the same way a tank does?

#147 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

i am sure i would be able to cap contri and get fair amount of kills anyway )

#148 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

You mean to be like a tank, well in that case whats the point to be a commie if you gotto do contribution the same way a tank does?

I said nothing about tanking. I said SURVIVE long enough to take out the other teams big threat. Show me a tank who takes out anything above level 50 or so.

#149 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

I seen a tank kill plenty of people over +50.

#150 Kvasir

Kvasir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

I can show you a screen shot of my sexy commie if you like but I didn't know you were a fan nex -waves- ^^ lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users