FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide) - Page 7 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#151 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Sorry but if you are over 50 and let a prot kill you (not get the last hit but actually kill you) you pretty much suck. Nothing against prots, it's not their fault they are designed to NOT kill.

#152 Kvasir

Kvasir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I killed someone on my 78 prot who was 79....you make me sad Q.Q either way I got confused by your comment before killing anyone with AA's is really REALLY easy if you know how.

#153 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationWhy do you need to know?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Where all the drama is.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Sorry but if you are over 50 and let a prot kill you (not get the last hit but actually kill you) you pretty much suck. Nothing against prots, it's not their fault they are designed to NOT kill.

Correction. During the time of the OP heals, I seen many and plenty of prots mow down people. Since you did not disclude that from the point of view, I shall add that in there. Also a prot can kill a commander 1v1 as well. So really, useless talk about prots cannot kill anything above lvl 50.

Also if a commander runs out of mana during the fight of a protecter, then protect will have a good chance to kill the commander. But that is talking about SS commanders. Now AA on the other hand, only has to use Face strike and shield strike along AM when needing to put it on. They conserve mana to be able to battle in these types of situations. So clearly you cannot say a commander is horrible at AA or cannot be a full AA. I have also seen a commander beat a sin in AA. Very possible.

Edited by IzaOkami, 27 July 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#154 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

AA capabilities are cool too. I use AA whenever I can and at least to complement the use of skills. Even in pure AA situations, I am quite capable to flatten many, many opponents, and guess what I am considered a failed Commander, haha. But what do I know, right? Just because one chooses not to hop around like a hobbit, and throw a beam every now and then...

Whatever pleases most. I prefer to be a failure with 21k HPs, 5200 def, 46% block rate, and AA hits that can crit up to 3900. It is always amusing to get scratched by tiny hits, block a large number of attacks (those zeros are just awesome) and maybe occasionally getting hit by something bigger (2-3k maybe?). Of course, it still matters little in a mass PvP situation, a nice crowd of casters will take down any melee, but at least you could make them work for their kills.

And I just suspect the underlying idea is again all about the glorified Beam Slash. One skill, one track mind. The whole class comes down to this, Well, fine, but it still is a bit lol situation. I am exremelly curious to see what will / would happen in the case of the rumoured "nerfing" of that one godly skill we have... :P

#155 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

You guys really are not reading. I said as a commie I think IMO the best build is balanced. Not AA only and not SS only but a good balance of both. I can beat any sin or zerk on Hammerine in AA. In fact the only thing that can beat me in AA is another commie.

I like AA as I have already said in an earlier post and I think the commies who neglect this area are missing a vital part to their build. I made this very clear. My point was if you rely solely on AA you will have a hard time in mass pvp and in many cases even in 1 v 1 due to targeting issues that are inherent in this game.

#156 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

You guys really are not reading. I said as a commie I think IMO the best build is balanced. Not AA only and not SS only but a good balance of both. I can beat any sin or zerk on Hammerine in AA. In fact the only thing that can beat me in AA is another commie.

I like AA as I have already said in an earlier post and I think the commies who neglect this area are missing a vital part to their build. I made this very clear. My point was if you rely solely on AA you will have a hard time in mass pvp and in many cases even in 1 v 1 due to targeting issues that are inherent in this game.

What about the tank killing things over level 50's?

#157 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

What about the tank killing things over level 50's?

Misquote again. I said PROT. By the way a commie is not a tank :P. hehe. And I have not met a prot I cannot kill.

#158 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Misquote again. I said PROT. By the way a commie is not a tank :). hehe. And I have not met a prot I cannot kill.

Yeah meant prot. lol. Also say that to people who believe their commanders are for real tanks. lol :P

#159 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Yeah meant prot. lol. Also say that to people who believe their commanders are for real tanks. lol :P

Well, again I fall to the old "just because you CAN tank does not make you a tank" I have seen zerks, sins, defys, shammies all tank but they are NOT tanks. A commie is 2nd best at tanking in game but far and away I want a good prot if possible. Better block, should have more hp, some of their own heals to help out if needed and a pt def buff for all the squishy guys.

#160 Adieu

Adieu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

I have not met a prot I cannot kill.

If you're on hammy, try taking down SnakePlissken

#161 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

We dueled a couple weeks ago. Took a while but I got him eventually. Only a matter of manna control.

#162 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hello, is this the thread where we show who has the biggest item mall-_-'d gears?

No sarcasms, I'm simply curious!
:P

Edited by Loyalty1, 28 July 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#163 Ozymus

Ozymus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Duel me in PB. xP

#164 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hello, is this the thread where we show who has the biggest item mall-_-'d gears?

No sarcasms, I'm simply curious!
:P

Excuse me Pot? Have you met kettle? Just because you claim to not buy your own WP does not mean you dont use CS Loyalty. Go troll elsewhere, unless you care to share with the rest of us the one or two items you have that are NOT +30 already. You have used as much CS as anyone. Doesnt matter who you stole where you got it from you still used it.

#165 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

Duel me in PB. xP

Hell no. Crazy ass Prot.

#166 Ozymus

Ozymus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hell no. Crazy ass Prot.

p.q

#167 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

p.q

Q _ Qa

#168 Ozymus

Ozymus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Q _ Qa

Mb we should just ask ppl to stay naked ingame would be fair to see who is the most skilled player in duels/PK.
Oh wait! :P

#169 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Mb we should just ask ppl to stay naked ingame would be fair to see who is the most skilled player in duels/PK.
Oh wait! :P

LOL

#170 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

my opinion each player has his own style and they can addapt to each set is not that bad.. game need be fun ...so each 1 of us is different in his own way .

#171 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

my opinion each player has his own style and they can addapt to each set is not that bad.. game need be fun ...so each 1 of us is different in his own way .

PEOPLE BANDWAGONING TO MY BRILL SET!

; _ ;

#172 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

na bro just choosing the cool way^^ not only easy mode

#173 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

na bro just choosing the cool way^^ not only easy mode

Omg.. you understand my view!

You can use teh brill mang! Abuse it!

#174 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

BTW a slight update. Nipple beat me in an AA duel yesterday. We split 2 duels, he won one and I won one, both were close. He definitely hit me harder than any sin before.

#175 ThugSoulja

ThugSoulja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRight behind you , with two katanas pointed at you

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

BTW a slight update. Nipple beat me in an AA duel yesterday. We split 2 duels, he won one and I won one, both were close. He definitely hit me harder than any sin before.

Cad build sin + ET duals +30 and so on , what do you expect ? .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users