Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3] - Page 6 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#126 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Make the set effect bring an "unnerfed amplifier" [aka +600% metallic damage] :gg:

#127 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Make the set effect bring an "unnerfed amplifier" [aka +600% metallic damage] :gg:

Its called bring a soul linker with you /gg

#128 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hmm.... Maybe instead of autocasting the skills, maybe some other type of autocast should be done.

All the proc rates being 10% if conditions met, and lasting one minute. Other hats have those effects as permanent, those would be only procs, so they can be more powerful than the other ones.

-> 20% ASPD on physical melee attack; (Similar to Swing Dance lv2, but able to be stacked with said skill if the character is a wanderer)
-> +"DEX" attack on physical attack (Counting any hit from Rainstorm);
-> + "INT" magic attack on magical hit (To improve Metallic Sound);

And for both classes, to make it fair.

Edited by asayuu, 26 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#129 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

I'd like to see some auto-attack buffs rather than support buffs, since chorus skills can't really be fixed in the scope of this project.

Auto-casting reverberation on melee attack sounds like the best thing to me :) small dispersed AoE when attacking to make them competitive.

#130 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I have to counterargue this one, sorry.... that skill is like one of the only things wanderer can do that people want a wanderer for :/

:o

I am talking about the Maestro version of the hat. Autocasts Lv1 Swing Dance by chance.
More of an impediment since it would overwrite my Lv5 Windmill Rush.

Do not want, no.

#131 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

:o

I am talking about the Maestro version of the hat. Autocasts Lv1 Swing Dance by chance.
More of an impediment since it would overwrite my Lv5 Windmill Rush.

Do not want, no.

Yeah, and you would have to recast it. That's why I suggested this down here~

Hmm.... Maybe instead of autocasting the skills, maybe some other type of autocast should be done.

All the proc rates being 10% if conditions met, and lasting one minute. Other hats have those effects as permanent, those would be only procs, so they can be more powerful than the other ones.

-> 20% ASPD on physical melee attack; (Similar to Swing Dance lv2, but able to be stacked with said skill if the character is a wanderer)
-> +"DEX" attack on physical attack (Counting any hit from Rainstorm);
-> + "INT" magic attack on magical hit (To improve Metallic Sound);

And for both classes, to make it fair.

And for me, autocasts are a bad idea. I don't know where in the performer story they were auto-attackers. Well, I treat them as casters, but an hybrid caster, which casts both melee and magic attacks, now with their third classes. Pre-re, they were only melee casters (AV) and offensive support (wide-screen statuses).

Reverb would be the key skill of a performer if they never put split damage on it. A good combination of ATK and MATK. But the split damage makes the skill bad. If a 10k reverb were always 10k reverb... Even getting a KVM instrument/whip would be good even if getting a dagger would be better due to the lack of ATK/MATK of the instrument/whip

Edited by asayuu, 27 August 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#132 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

And for me, autocasts are a bad idea. I don't know where in the performer story they were auto-attackers. Well, I treat them as casters, but an hybrid caster, which casts both melee and magic attacks, now with their third classes. Pre-re, they were only melee casters (AV) and offensive support (wide-screen statuses).

They've always had pushes from gravity to be auto-attackers, with various whips that add AGI, crit, flee, or aspd, dance shoes that add aspd, carrot whip that adds agi up on melee attacks, electric eel which auto-spells AV on mlee attacks, etc. With swing dance they can solo 193 aspd and make use of wanderer-specific agi-melee gear like carrot wip and dance shoes.

If you wanted to buff the sound damage/matk tree instead of auto-attacking, I'd say accessory should combo with sound amplifier to increase the damage of metalic sound by 150% (which is to say, wearing the accessory from the new wanderer set wouldn't gimp you the loss of your second amplifier). And the set on its own can boost reverberation damage +150% or something. That way you could make a pvm wanderer that does reverb/metallic to kill everything with matk/atk build. (I'd say metallic the single targets and reverb on mobs). I haven't tested reverb in quite a while but I remember it being like 8~12k damage on a single target with the old whips and the mystic bow. I assume 3x that damage would be more than enough to kill even mobs of 110~130 enemies and could (albeit nto ideally) kill scarabs within a not-absurdly-slow amount of time.

Edited by Jaye, 27 August 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#133 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Are these gears going to be account bound or character bound? I'm hoping for the former.
And any ideas when the first batch is coming out?

#134 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Are these gears going to be account bound or character bound? I'm hoping for the former.
And any ideas when the first batch is coming out?

Account bound, no...only have sprite files, no script files yet.

#135 MelodyWeaver

MelodyWeaver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I agree with the posts about giving set amount of hp/sp to the super novice because %'s aren't going to do much for the class with such a low base hp and sp pools. Also another problem with super novice (especially melee super novice) is lack of good aoe skills making them not too useful in parties. Since you don't have a super novice accessory maybe create one that gives decent 2nd class aoe skills, like say bowling bash 10 for melee, or stormgust 10 for magic, or maybe do something crazy like allow them access to Intimidate 10 and preserve (This might be a little too OP but it's an idea!)

Yeah.. That's my lvling experience with SN, the only melee AoE was magnum break...which has a cooldown time. So.. just keep bashing.. with low dmg and sp pool. And people's right about SP%, I still find willow for my necktie most useful for skills lol

I would suggest Autocast Reflect Dmg though. Giving active lv10 skills are OP in a sense. To add skills, status bonus probably needs to be nerfed.

Melee type is inferior in terms of lvling compared to magic type atm. The crown gives a pretty good hit/flee/atk/aspd boost for overall balance compared to other melee classes by itself.

#136 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

So is this project dead? I remember from back then it was said that this project would be implemented in September (CMIIW).

#137 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

So is this project dead? I remember from back then it was said that this project would be implemented in September (CMIIW).

I never said September, I said October maybe, but kRO is dragging their feet as usual ~_~

Edited by Inubashiri, 03 September 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#138 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Any fixes coming to the part 3 of the project after the comments? I never saw any fix.

Hope kRO stops messing up with stuff and give us teh power already~

#139 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

im gonna fly to korea this thursday and go give kro office some hypnotizing drug so i can command them to finish this project then fly back
no srsly tho im going there to visit them xD

#140 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Will they be available for classic ??? :p_smile:

do want... still excited by those

#141 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Will they be available for classic ??? :p_smile:

do want... still excited by those

Its been discussed.

#142 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

If anything in classic they should be costume gears since classic (at least 2nd job) doesn't need rebalancing in PVM.

#143 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

If anything in classic they should be costume gears since classic (at least 2nd job) doesn't need rebalancing in PVM.

Would be different effects, nothing near what renewal ones have.

#144 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts
  • Server:The Amazing Server

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I really like the shrine maiden hair bow and the night cap both are soooooo cute I WANT ONE!!!! lol...

#145 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ohoho, I can't wait to try out a Hindsight Scholar with the new headgears. Awesome.

#146 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Question, why does the super novice hat not have an accessory to accompany it? Wouldn't it be a better idea to cut that long list of buffs in half and put the cut half on the accessory? Just saying, and why is there no upgrade bonuses like in the other hats?
Some bonuses like increased defenses or a chance to cast a random learned attack skill when attacking?...

#147 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

I actually like that it doesn't include an Accessory so I can continue to wear my Quve/Lude Combo Card Set. I think they didn't include auto-casting for Expanded Super Novice purposely because unless you are a Mage Class that can take full advantage of Matk then your damage will amount to nothing without the help of 3rd Class Skills. I got to say if you try out Waterball with +7 Skull Cap and +10 Thorn Staff of Darkness the damage is decent if nothing at all on a Super Novice.

Edited by Riakuta, 02 October 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#148 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Question, why does the super novice hat not have an accessory to accompany it? Wouldn't it be a better idea to cut that long list of buffs in half and put the cut half on the accessory? Just saying, and why is there no upgrade bonuses like in the other hats?
Some bonuses like increased defenses or a chance to cast a random learned attack skill when attacking?...

Because they ran out of ideas (or fear of doing something overpowered) and made something balanced instead.

You know, extd. super novices are a unique class due to the fact no equipment focus on anything, unless the item is a weapon.

#149 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I actually like that it doesn't include an Accessory so I can continue to wear my Quve/Lude Combo Card Set. I think they didn't include auto-casting for Expanded Super Novice purposely because unless you are a Mage Class that can take full advantage of Matk then your damage will amount to nothing without the help of 3rd Class Skills. I got to say if you try out Waterball with +7 Skull Cap and +10 Thorn Staff of Darkness the damage is decent if nothing at all on a Super Novice.

I do not mean to be bashing, or flaming, or trolling.
But the idea of a super novice is not how much damage you can do, but making due with what cha got. My novice is a Melee type, and once he gets his HP mods from 99, faith, and extra flee after 100, he's gonna be pretty amazing, a 150 RG had trouble hitting me today when I'm only 93, now either he's horrible in the dex department or my super novice is ballin. I have a super novice friend who isn't worried about dealing damage, it's just that he can with stand a full blown GoH from a 150 when he's only 107?

But I would suggest having at least some upgrade bonuses or something? B/c I'm feeling kinda cheated here.

#150 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

has this project made any progress?

Edited by xFireize, 12 October 2012 - 12:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users