Map adjustments for Classic - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map adjustments for Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

What are some mob adjustments for Classic.

I do NOT want a list of what changed before, as this is not before times. This is a new opportunity to be better than that.

*I'm sorry, I'm closing this topic, I do appreciate the feedback, but I can't handle the data well with how many different areas are being discussed.
I'm going to do this in stages instead.

We've completed the 1st stage, which is Comodo, Glast Heim and Xmas Dungeon
Comment on additional tweaks that are done there. http://forums.warppo...-completed-724/

2nd stage is scheduled for 7/27, and will be Morroc area, and Payon area, including Pyramid, anthell, sphinx, payon dungeon and Treasure ship.
Please give us feedback in the next 2 days so we can make adjustments. http://forums.warppo...-scheduled-729/

#2 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Remove the /wry emote on monsters such as high orcs. A huge part of a fun RO gameplay is being able to AoE things down.

- Cramps in stings serves no purpose and just end up annoying people by either fly winging away or drop them off nearby players.
- Armor/Weapon break. It sucks having to go back just because you didn't take off your armor.
- Hunter flies and mimics in GY. I don't see their purpose except to be annoying.
- Snatch should be removed from Wanderers. It really doesn't add anything to enhance the gameplay except piss people off.

I'll think of more later.

Edited by Demeris, 19 July 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#3 musai

musai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Your comments would be valid if you actually hit priest Demeris.

Anyways those maps should contain monsters to annoy you so leveling isn't so free...

Do you just want exp handed to you on a silver platter?

#4 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing a 10% increase in spawn numbers on all maps. That would be kinda nice.

#5 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

my idea dunno if its plausable

increase the spawn rate more per player on the map this is the best thing you can do with so few maps to level on they become pretty crowded

#6 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Classic would be much better if all maps have better mob density.

Currently Classic promotes solo play or Gwinging to find mobs in a party. I hope all Maps mobs are increased by at least 30%-50% this would make classic better.

#7 Porink

Porink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

People skip CT 1F all the time, so I think it's best if Bapho Jrs are removed or set to a minimum. Then make the map to be more interesting for hunting, e.g. add more Punks.. You can also add base/job exp for Punk, like, by 25%.. Or you can also raise just the job exp so it will have bigger job exp than base.. Hopefully this will make people, especially those with lower level hunt in CT 1F..

Just leave Bapho Jr with his father.. LoL..

Also change glast heim stairway map to be more preferable to hunt? Reverse mimic spawn rate with wind ghost..

And make something useful for sunken ship..
Add more pirate skeleton in room 1, and not a fix spawn location.. It would be a good hunt spot for swordman class..

And sunken ship 2 add more penomena, cramp and marionette.. Some wraiths and 1 or 2 wraith dead.. Don't let people go in there just for drake time..

Edited by Porink, 19 July 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#8 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Redesign the whole clock tower (I like the mod to CTHO).
Make places that require keys have better incentives. They are rare right now so they should be somewhat of a "privilege" to go to. It is also a dungeon map--it should be a worthwhile place to go.
  • Underground should be Bathories. The anolians are a bit too much, consider changing them with something different. Melee classes are pretty getting "left out" in terms of leveling maps (alchemist, dagger rogues).
  • CT4 definitely needs to be better. Consider doubling the amount of alarms and add things that big parties/wizards can kill.
  • Stem worm + iron fist? I don't get it, nobody levels there.

Glast heim should also revamped.
  • Why are there 3 dedicated raydric maps? Castle 2 is fine, but maybe add a few more instant spawning khalitzburgs. Maybe change one of the maps to raydrics and bathories since theyre both kind of similar characters.
  • I heard majorous might not be too bad, but they require a lot of HP to kill. Lessen the gargoyles and add something else.
  • Change prison 1 a little bit. Injustice walk way too slow. While walking around you only gather arclouze and cramps. This isn't an arclouze and cramp map.

Other places
  • Increase spawn of Isis in mids 4, minorous+a few more pasana in sphinx 4
  • Geffen dungeon needs more monsters and instant timers.
  • Change Byalan by moving all the spawns up 1 floor and add some crabs Put more strouf and other water monsters on the last level (anolians? seals? sea otters?)-give people with LOV a reason to have LOV.
  • Disable some of the OP skills on MVPs (Hell's Judgement and EQ). Power up is usually OK, but not Powerup+2hq/agi. Sure they aren't supposed to be easy, but they aren't supposed to be impossible either.

#9 entangle

entangle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Remove the /wry emote on monsters such as high orcs. A huge part of a fun RO gameplay is being able to AoE things down.

- Cramps in stings serves no purpose and just end up annoying people by either fly winging away or drop them off nearby players.
- Armor/Weapon break. It sucks having to go back just because you didn't take off your armor.
- Hunter flies and mimics in GY. I don't see their purpose except to be annoying.
- Snatch should be removed from Wanderers. It really doesn't add anything to enhance the gameplay except piss people off.

I'll think of more later.

Definitely not to the High Orc one and Equipment Breaking.

gef_fild14
- Add 15 more High Orcs

alde_dun04
- Remove Anolians
- Add 2 Elder

mag_dun01
- Add 10 more Explosion and Grizzly

moc_pryd06
- Add 15 more Ancient Mummies
- Remove 10 Mimics

c_tower1
- Add Baphomet (3 hour spawn)

c_tower2
- Remove Archer Skeleton
- Add 10 -_-
- Remove 15 Punks
- Add 14 Alarms

prt_fild08
- Add Poring the Conquerer

gef_fild00
- Remove everything
- Add 40 Male Thiefbugs
- Add 15 Wild Rose

mjolnir_12
- Add 10 Mi Gao

yuno_fild01
- Add 20 Geographer

pay_fild05
- Add 50 Dragontail
- Add 20 Sidewinder

nif_fild02
- Add 8 Loli Ruri
- Add 6 Bloody Murderer

cmd_fild03
- Remove 20 Pest
- Add 20 Anolian

gl_step
- Remove 10 Mimic
- Add 35 Wind Ghost
- Add 5 Rideword

gl_chyard
- Add 15 Evil Druid
- Remove 5 Ghoul
- Add 1 Dark Illusion
- Add 5 Khalitzburg

-------------------------------------------

Mob changes

Spring Rabbit
- Remove Bash
- Add lvl 1 Earth Attack

#10 Sureibl

Sureibl

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

A lot of spawn numbers are too low. Levelling feels a lot more fluid and fun when you kill one and the next one is right there, or you can mob. I am getting use out of my gear and being rewarded for playing well when I am ploughing through mobs relentlessly with some danger of dying.

With this in mind, I think eg you need to increase the spawn rate of pasanas you just added in, put spawn rate of high orcs back at its higher post-amatsu (I think) value, fix magma 1 spawns, and so on (I was on iz_dun04 earlier and it felt really empty, and that made levelling really boring. It has a lot of potential to be a fun map but with the wide open spaces the spawn rates need to be very high).

I think things like mimics are ok provided they are used in moderation. I think jokers are often too much, though - they require absurd hit rating, have an annoying element compared to other things on their maps and spawn rates that are as high as the staple mobs on their maps. Having mobs that require flywinging really discourages grouping (well, unless everyone buys giant flywings, but those aren't cheap and people won't buy them to make levelling viable on an otherwise awful map most of the time, afaik). These disruptive mobs should be difficult to solo but manageable in a small group - or, if they are impossible even in a reasonable-levelled group, they should be at such low spawns that you can keep track of where they are and avoid them.

I think you should reintroduce many popular stable levelling maps (i.e. spawns on certain maps) for each class (so people have some grounding and some idea of where they should be going - a big draw of Classic is nostalgia after all; I think it detracts a lot from the experience if you experiment too much on previously popular maps). On disused maps or maps with major issues you should implement the ideas that other people are suggesting or experiment with new mixtures and spawns - I think it's often a good idea to increase spawns of core mobs that give good exp (for example, isis) while reducing spawns of mimics etc and any really annoying monsters.

Edited by Sureibl, 19 July 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#11 Rathyl

Rathyl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

As has been said, mob density just really needs to be higher on some maps and that would help a lot. 2 specific ones I can think of from my old RO levelling days are more orcs of any sort on gef_fild10 and more goblins on gef_fild11. Those maps are far too vacant to really get good exp on, especially in that mid level range where the maps get so crowded.

#12 Crane

Crane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

- increase high orc spawns west gef and alde dun b2
- change last lvl (5) of baylan to merman/strouf/deviace remove everything else (since the merman are minimum in lvl 4 and strouf and deviace dont spawn anywhere else) would love to have this for my agi knight.
- add kaho or increase the spawn of monsters in magma dun1 this used to be a nice place to lvl for high lvl parties or even both!
- increase niff 2 spawns its always been too low even before needs more spawns (agreed with above).

#13 MintAdnade

MintAdnade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Did a quick pass for GH. Input is welcome.

Map Name (Common name)
Monsters the map should contain, listed in order of spawn rate.
Monsters that should explicitly be removed from the map.
Reasoning behind the changes.

gl_in01 (Dark Frames)
Dark Frames
Marionettes
Sage Worms
Ridewords
It's a "cheese" map, but also a drama hot spot. More things to kill would make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

gl_cas01 (Castle 1)
Carats
Ridewords
It should be the Carat map, but I can't tell what else should be on it.

gl_cas02 (Castle 2)
Raydrics
Wanderers
Raydric Archers
Ridewords (Book room)
Bapho Jr. (Bottom right room)
Abyss Knights
Map is mostly fine, but a longer respawn timer on Archers would be welcome.

gl_knt01 (Chiv 1)
Raydrics
Evil Druids
Raydric Archers
Ridewords
Abyss Knights
Focus on Raydrics and Evil Druids.

gl_knt02 (Chiv 2)
Raydrics
Khalitzburgs
Raydric Archer
Abyss Knights
Bloody Knight
Focus on Raydrics and Khalitzburgs.

gl_step (Staircase)
Wraiths
Raydric Archers
Skel Prisoners
Zombie Prisoners
Make it the logical step from GH Churchyard for Priests.

gl_church (St. Abbey)
Evil Druids
Wraiths
Ghouls
Zombies
Everything else.
All Undead map that doesn't turn into a teleport and mob train the Churchyard portals.

gl_churchyard (Churchyard aka Graveyard)
Skel Prisoners
Zombie Prisoners
Wraith
Ghouls
Zombies
Everything else.
Increase the spawn rate of Prisoners, remove non-undead.

gl_prison (Prison 1)
Skel Prisoner
Zombie Prisoner
Hunter Flies
Brilights
Replace Brilights with Undeads.

gl_prison (Prison 2)
Injustices
Phendarks
Rybios
Zealotus
Keep the Injustice to everything else ratio 3:1.

gl_sw01 (The map everyone forgot)
Stings
Cramps
Just rework it into another Stings map.

gl_sw02 (That map on the way to Stings)
Anolians only?
The map is just annoying to navigate.

gl_sw03 (Stings)
Stings
Cramps
Gargoyles
Add more Stings cramps on a longer respawn timer.

gl_sw04 (Wind Ghosts)
Wind Ghosts

gl_dun01 (The worst map in the game)
Add Anolians or Bathories
Arclouzes.
Fill the map with Anolians or Bathories.

gl_dun02 (Majos)
Majos
Gargoyles
Add more Majos, . The current spawn rate is atrocious for how large and hard to navigate the map is.

Other thoughts:
Do we really need 20+ Novice fields? Can't you just enforce job 10 in the training ground and recycle some of them as level 15-30 fields.
Where does one put Jokers and Ridewords at? Their cards are nice, but they generally fall under the category of monsters you won't hunt unless card hunting (or have a strange Rideword fetish).

Edited by MintAdnade, 19 July 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#14 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Your comments would be valid if you actually hit priest Demeris.

Anyways those maps should contain monsters to annoy you so leveling isn't so free...

Do you just want exp handed to you on a silver platter?

Stalker.

But you're talking to a 9 year RO veteran, too bad ROPD doesn't tell you that though.

On the topic of "annoying monsters" they were meant to be anti-bot measurements.

Increasing better mob density is a good idea, but part of what makes a succcesful or a fail map is the monster type as well.

For example, Pront GD was NEVER used because they had high mdef, health, and takes too long to kill.

Magma dungeon 2 isn't used much because the big Nightmares sucks SP from the priest who's tanking it, or they also have high mdef and takes awhile to kill with SG.

These are the problems that should be looked at rather than just the mob density of certain maps. Make other maps more viable and that will indirectly solve the problem of a populated map.

#15 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Some changes I would personally like to see:

Orc Village:
-Right outside orc dungeon, increase the spawn of orc warriors by a significant amount (maybe up to 70~80?)
-West Orcs (the old high orc map, gef_fil14), reduce the spawn of High Orcs to 5~10, decrease orc archers to 5~10, increase Orc Ladies to 70~80

Byalan Dungeon
-Level 4 (iz_dun03), get rid of Obeunes and Marse, increase the spawn of Swordfish and Marcs to 60~ each
-Level 5 (iz_dun04), remove Penomenas, Obeunes, Marse, Swordfish, Marcs. Increase Deviace spawns to 5~10, Increase Merman spawns to 70~80 and Strouf spawns to 40~50.

Toy Factory
-Level 1, LOTS more cookies, especially greens.

Magma Dungeon
-Level 1 needs a lot more spawns. Add a ton of Kahos, and maybe double/triple lava golem spawns?

Umbala Field 01
-Remove the 30 stem worms and add 30 Dryads. I like dryads :) Also it adds more variation of levelling areas for that level range, since otherwise the density of Dryads to other monsters isn't high enough for it to be worth trying

Sphinx
-I haven't checked the spawns there, but if they aren't like this I would change it to;
-Level 1, Zerom map, a few requiems and matyrs.
-Level 2, Requiem Map, a few Matyrs and Zeroms
-Level 3, Marduk Map, a few Matyrs and Requiems
-Level 4, Minorus Map, a few Matyrs, Pasanas, and Marduks
-Level 5, Pasana Map, a few Minorus, Marduks and Pharaoh

Clock Tower
-I like the spawn changes that happened here. Anolians and Bathories on the same map seems a bit confusing, but I don't think its necessarily a bad idea.
-Remove Drainliars from CTHOs, and increase the spawn of High Orcs a little (maybe 10 or 20 more?)
-Remove either Cramps or Brilights from alde_dun03. Its a peno map, you don't need 80 nuisance monsters lol.
-Clocks map (c_tower2), cut the number of punks and Archer Skeletons in half and double the number of clocks. If you want a map where punks are the main spawn, you can change c_tower1 to be that since it seems somewhat unused at the moment, level 2 will always be clocks as far as I'm concerned xD
-Alarms Map (c_tower3) seems ok. Maybe cut down the number of archer skeletons a bit.
-Clock Tower 4 just seems like the reject of the dungeon, I'd completely revamp it. The spawns I would do for that map would be something like...
Owl Baron, 40 Instantly
Elder, 20 Instantly
Clock Tower Manager, 10 instantly
Ogretooth, 1 every hour
Mysteltainn, 1 every hour
Executioner, 1 every hour
Dracula, 1 every hour

This way the map is a good place to hunt Soft Feathers, gives another place for ME priests to level, and puts Dracula in a Dungeon of his own instead of trying to shove in on Doppelgangers turf. (Also since Dracula is currently not spawning it gives him a home at all.) The numbers are more of a guideline for spawn proportions, haven't been to the actual map so the number might need to be changed to give it a good monster density. Basically, have a density so that it is worth spending the key to get in.

gl_church
-Don't know about many of the GH maps since I haven't visited them yet, but I've spent lots of time here and personally I would remove Ghouls and Brilights, and increase the spawn of Nightmares and Evil Druids.

Juno Field 3 and 4:
-One of these should be changed to a dedicated Goats map and one should be changed to a dedicated Sleepers map. By that I mean like 80~ of the main monster and 20~40 of all the other monsters on the map combined.

Poring Island (pay_fild04)
-Add Deviling! The angeling and Ghostring are on 30 minute spawns, so I'd throw him in there with a 30 minute spawn as well. We need our evil wings! XD

Argiopes (mjolnir_10)
-Reduce the argos to like...10, and increase the Argiopes to 60 or 70.

Thats my suggestions :)

Edited by TwilightsCall, 19 July 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#16 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

It's great seeing you're starting an initiative to change RO for the better. Personally I think there are a lot of maps that need some touching up. Here are my suggestions with some short motivations.

I'd love it if you could take a careful look at my suggestions for the guild dungeons as I believe they're in need of an urgent update so people will actually use them when WoE is implemented.

Magma dungeon level 1(mag_dun01)
- Add 10-15 more lava golems and a ton of kahos. Magma dungeon level 1 isn't a very good dungeon to level in at the moment because the spawn rate is way too low and kahos don't spawn on any map right now, so I think it's fair to implement them so people can obtain their cards.

Magma dungeon level 2(mag_dun02)
- Add 5 magmarings and 10 kahos. Magmarings are not implemented yet as of this episode but it seems like a pretty cool idea anyway, and they don't drop anything extremely useful anyway. Not to mention they can spawn from DBs and hylozoist accessories.

Western Comodo Cave(beach_dun).
- Add Tao Gunka. It was cool of you to implement medusas, and I think it would be even cooler if you made it possible for people to hunt Tao Gunka :)

Niflheim town map(niflheim)
- Add Lord of the dead. He's got no natural spawn at the moment and this is where he originally spawned, it makes sense and it's perfect for the purpose.

Geffen tower level 2(gef_dun01)
- Add more bathories, one ogretooth and dracula. More mobs makes the map more viable to level on and it's more fun if it has a random mini boss that you can run into every once in a while. Dracula doesn't spawn anywhere at the moment and it only makes sense to place him where he used to be.

Byalan dungeon 5(iz_dun04)
- Increase the number of deviaces from 1 to 10 or 15.

Clock tower level 5(c_tower4)
- Remove the skeleton archers. Add lots of clocks, a few owl barons and maybe 15-20 owl dukes. Also add one executioner. This will make it a good place to hunt soft feathers as well as a place to level, making CT keys actually worth something.

Pyramid basement level 3(moc_pryd06)
- Increase the spawn of ancient mummies from 10 to 35. Making the place a way better place to level and giving those poor TU priests somewhere to level.

Glastheim chivalry level 2(gl_knt02)
- Remove the spawn timer for khalitzburg and increase the number from 10 to 30. Add a few abysmal knights and one of each of the sword minibosses(executioner, ogretooth and mysteltainn). If possible also remove the jokers since they're only in the way for most classes.

Glastheim St. Abbey (gl_church)
- Add one dark priest on a thirty minute timer. They don't spawn anywhere and they fit in there perfectly.

Poring island(pay_fild04)
- Add 10 metalings, 30 marins, 1 magmaring and a deviling spawn. Deviling doesn't spawn anywhere, and wouldn't it be cool if more poring type monsters spawned on Poring Island?

The map one south and one east from Juno(yuno_fild03)
- Add a deviling and angeling spawn. More miniboss spawns making it possible for more people to hunt those camped minibosses!

Sunken ship level 2(treasure02)
- Add a ghostring. Same reason as above.

Labyrinth forest level 3(prt_maze03)
- Add a deviling. Same reason as above.

Umbala field(um_fild01)
- Add an angeling spawn. Same reason as above.

Glasheim prison level 2(gl_prison1)
- Add phendarks and rybios since they don't spawn anywhere. I know they're not great for leveling but I feel like they shouldn't be left out from the game just because of that. If prison level 1 remains unchanged it shouldn't affect many people.

Payon guild dungeon(gld_dun01)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add two zombie slaughters on a one hour timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Aldebaran guild dungeon (gld_dun02)
- Aldebaran guild dungeon is already a good place to level as it is, but it would be cool if you could add 2 ungoliants on a one hour spawn timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Prontera guild dungeon (gld_dun03)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add a gryphon spawn on a one hour timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Geffen guild dungeon (gld_dun04)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add five evil druids and one necromancer on a one hour spawn timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Sphinx dungeon level 5 (in_sphinx5)
- Add one anubis on a twenty minute timer. It's not enough to let people speed level like they used to do, but enough to give people a positive surprise sometimes when they level/hunt there.

Toy factory level 1(xmas_dun01)
- Double the amount of cookies and christmas cookies and add a few more myst cases. It could be a so much better place to level if you didn't spend half of the time trying to find monsters.

Morroc hode field (moc_fild18)
- Add 10-15 more hodes to make it a bit more viable when the map is crowded.

Morroc muka field (moc_fild09)
- Double the amount of mukas and baby desert wolves there. It's a huge map and most of the time you don't find any monsters on your screen.

Payon field 7 (pay_fild07)
- Double the amount of dokebis, caramels and bigfoots. Same reason as above, it's a big map and the monsters are very scattered.

Culverts level 2 and 3(prt_sewb2 and prt_sewb3)
- Add more spores to make the place a more attractive place to level.

Yuno field sleepers map(yuno_fild03)
- Add 50 more sleepers, there's no good map to level on sleepers at the moment.

Morroc frilldora map(moc_fild17)
- Add 25 more frilldoras and remove the spawn timer. They drop an item required for the knight quest in some cases, and there's just five of them ingame right now on a one minute spawn timer. Grinding to get the item is just horrible.

Additional suggestion: Poison spores and elder willows are horribly outdated exp-wise, making them give slightly higher exp should give players more incentive to hunt them.

Poison spores give 0.28 base/0.14 job exp per HP and elder willows give 0.235/0.146 exp per HP, compare this with wolves which give 0.358/0.217. I suggest an increase in exp equivalent to 0.31 base and 0.19 job exp per HP which would land poison spores at 206 base exp and 126 job exp and elder willows with 215 base exp and 132 job exp. I hope this is something you might consider.

Edited by Zodiac89, 23 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#17 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

I would say the monster locations are very good atm, apart from a few monsters(GGs, geos, frilldoras, magnolias, strouf, bathory, nightmare) being too rare. The problem is everything spawns in too low quantities. There are a few maps with good spawns(ct high orcs, wolves, bybalan 1/2) and the rest of them should be brought to the same level.

Check monster amounts on all maps and increase the good mobs on all of them by 50-100%.

#18 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

remove the mermans from comodo north cave and put in more stalas and less megaliths :rice:

#19 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

It's great seeing you're starting an initiative to change RO for the better. Personally I think there are a lot of maps that need some touching up. Here are my suggestions with some short motivations.

I'd love it if you could take a careful look at my suggestions for the guild dungeons as I believe they're in need of an urgent update so people will actually use them when WoE is implemented.

Magma dungeon level 1(mag_dun01)
- Add 10-15 more lava golems and a ton of kahos. Magma dungeon level 1 isn't a very good dungeon to level in at the moment because the spawn rate is way too low and kahos don't spawn on any map right now, so I think it's fair to implement them so people can obtain their cards.

Magma dungeon level 2(mag_dun02)
- Add 5 magmarings and 10 kahos. Magmarings are not implemented yet as of this episode but it seems like a pretty cool idea anyway, and they don't drop anything extremely useful anyway. Not to mention they can spawn from DBs and hylozoist accessories.

Western Comodo Cave(beach_dun).
- Add Tao Gunka. It was cool of you to implement medusas, and I think it would be even cooler if you made it possible for people to hunt Tao Gunka :)

Niflheim town map(niflheim)
- Add Lord of the dead. He's got no natural spawn at the moment and this is where he originally spawned, it makes sense and it's perfect for the purpose.

Geffen tower level 2(gef_dun01)
- Add more bathories, one ogretooth and dracula. More mobs makes the map more viable to level on and it's more fun if it has a random mini boss that you can run into every once in a while. Dracula doesn't spawn anywhere at the moment and it only makes sense to place him where he used to be.

Byalan dungeon 5(iz_dun04)
- Increase the number of deviaces from 1 to 10 or 15.

Clock tower level 5(c_tower4)
- Remove the skeleton archers. Add lots of clocks, a few owl barons and maybe 15-20 owl dukes. Also add one executioner. This will make it a good place to hunt soft feathers as well as a place to level, making CT keys actually worth something.

Pyramid basement level 3(moc_pryd06)
- Increase the spawn of ancient mummies from 10 to 35. Making the place a way better place to level and giving those poor TU priests somewhere to level.

Glastheim chivalry level 2(gl_knt02)
- Remove the spawn timer for khalitzburg and increase the number from 10 to 30. Add a few abysmal knights and one of each of the sword minibosses(executioner, ogretooth and mysteltainn). If possible also remove the jokers since they're only in the way for most classes.

Glastheim St. Abbey (gl_church)
- Add one dark priest on a thirty minute timer. They don't spawn anywhere and they fit in there perfectly.

Poring island(pay_fild04)
- Add 10 metalings, 30 marins, 1 magmaring and a deviling spawn. Deviling doesn't spawn anywhere, and wouldn't it be cool if more poring type monsters spawned on Poring Island?

- Add a deviling and angeling spawn. More miniboss spawns making it possible for more people to hunt those camped minibosses!

Umbala field(um_fild01)

Glasheim prison level 2(gl_prison1)
- Add phendarks and rybios since they don't spawn anywhere. I know they're not great for leveling but I feel like they shouldn't be left out from the game just because of that. If prison level 1 remains unchanged it shouldn't affect many people.

Payon guild dungeon(gld_dun01)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add two zombie slaughters on a one hour timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Aldebaran guild dungeon (gld_dun02)
- Aldebaran guild dungeon is already a good place to level as it is, but it would be cool if you could add 2 ungoliants on a one hour spawn timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Prontera guild dungeon (gld_dun03)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add a gryphon spawn on a one hour timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Geffen guild dungeon (gld_dun04)
- Double the number of non-boss monsters to make it a more viable place to level. Add five evil druids and one necromancer on a one hour spawn timer. It sort of fits into the theme.

Sphinx dungeon level 5 (in_sphinx5)
- Add one anubis on a twenty minute timer. It's not enough to let people speed level like they used to do, but enough to give people a positive surprise sometimes when they level/hunt there.

Toy factory level 1(xmas_dun01)
- Double the amount of cookies and christmas cookies. It could be a so much better place to level if you didn't spend half of the time trying to find monsters.

This was all very good. I'd say increasing Deviace spawns in Bybalan 5 is a good idea. Just gotta keep in mind those suckers are 10k exp, so maybe just increase the number to 3(and remove spawn time completely) or increase it to 10 and keep the 15 minute spawn time. Also, make the spawn area random so they can't be camped.

#20 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

What is the idea? Suggest modifications to a later episode? Which one would that be?
Either Einbroch or the outside towns were earlier announced to be ingame on 12 july. Is this not the schedule anymore?
Or will there not be an expansion any time soon and should we suggest modifications for the current maps?
Bringing more monsters and drops from later episodes to the current environment from episode 5+ while some chars and skills are not avaible.
I would prefer not making it more custom as it is already.

#21 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

gl_knt1 (Glastheim Chivalry):

- Reduce Ridewords
- Add Khalitzburgs
- Add Abysmal Knights (with instant spawn)

gl_knt2 (GH Chivalry 2):

- Remove Jokers
- Add Abysmal Knights
- Increase Raydrics/Raydric Archers
- Increase Khalitzburgs

c_tower3:

- Reduce Skeleton Archers
- Increase Alarms

#22 maiss

maiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

My suggestion is add a random high level monster on a timer to highly botted maps. Like when someone DB's a mimic in wolves. Many bots are not set up to teleport, or the teleport needs to be pre-defined in the program based on monster name.

Its fun to watch countless bots die.

This server is moving further from Classic with every update.

#23 MintAdnade

MintAdnade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

My suggestion is add a random high level monster on a timer to highly botted maps. Like when someone DB's a mimic in wolves. Many bots are not set up to teleport, or the teleport needs to be pre-defined in the program based on monster name.

Its fun to watch countless bots die.

This server is moving further from Classic with every update.

Then they would just set it up to wing on everything that doesn't belong on the map and/or they can't kill. Meanwhile, normal players can't kill the monster(s) and suffer the consequences.

What's your definition of Classic anyway? Unless you mean the lack of exploits and ponies to ride.

#24 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Umbala field(um_fild01)

I dont aggree with this reason. Hardcore campers can just camp on more maps. It just decreases the time the camper has to wait till he can kill the next boss.

@um_fild01
Parasite
Stem worm
Increase Dryad Spawn

cmd_fild07
+30 Galapago(maybe mdef reduce)

@maiss
Classic means you dont have renewal game mechanics. It doesnt mean that game can't pre improved.

#25 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Remove all the crap in payon_dun04 Lowest floor other than the mvp and plants. Add 40-50 nine tails, 10 Greatest General,10 dokebi Add Skeleton general "30 min", Ah Mut "30 min", and Cat`o Nine Tails "80-120 min".

As for filler mobs, Not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users