Map adjustments for Classic - Page 2 - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map adjustments for Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#26 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I was under the impression that Classic would start at a certain episode and go through the remaining episodes, adding new maps and cities in the process (eventually catching up to 13).

Is this server instead going to be custom?

Please just keep in mind that many of these suggestions are biased towards whatever classes people posting play. Changing a map to be good for one class may kill it for another.

Many of the natural later spawn changes and cities gave everyone excellent places to level.

#27 Crane

Crane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

pretty much all of the things written here have hit several classes not just one. Infact, the suggestions of changing maps while keeping some as they currently are has been the trend for most posts. Either people would spawns to increase or change to help pretty much anyone who levels on the map or they are suggesting for changing spawns to accommodate multiple monsters such as the anolian , bathory in CT where they have been called to either be kept like that even though that wasnt the case before ore separate them into two maps. Both which seems to be good for multiple classes.

#28 Odds1

Odds1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

yuno_fld06

more sleepers yeyyy.

Edited by digodads, 20 July 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#29 Om1x

Om1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Please split up bathories/anolians. Either 2 identical maps (1 with the old bathory spawns - jokers/whispers/swords, and another with anolians/ambernites and maybe some "annoying" mob) or move one or the other to a different map. I'm all for having an "annoying" mob on the bathories map like Jokers were, but seriously there's more Anolians than Bathories there and it's really frustrating when killing anolians just isn't viable for you.

edit: I get that sins/knights/wizards with decent damage output are doing alright there, but as a rogue unless I can get an endow with a rental saharic weapon (tried it without the endow, just the weapon) the exp they give isn't worth the amount of time it takes to kill them. I don't even want to think about it for classes like alchemists that used to level down there pre-renewal when it was just bathories.

Edited by Om1x, 20 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#30 maiss

maiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Then they would just set it up to wing on everything that doesn't belong on the map and/or they can't kill. Meanwhile, normal players can't kill the monster(s) and suffer the consequences.

What's your definition of Classic anyway? Unless you mean the lack of exploits and ponies to ride.

Fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case in many bots. I leveled in Wolves for a long time on numerous characters, when someone DB'd a monster, could watch it mow down bots left and right. Yes some bots would be able to get around it, but the majority of them would fall.

By classic, I mean a "classic RO experience", it was meant to be just pre-renewal, there was no need to limit trans classes, and launch the server at pre-amatsu update.

#31 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case in many bots. I leveled in Wolves for a long time on numerous characters, when someone DB'd a monster, could watch it mow down bots left and right. Yes some bots would be able to get around it, but the majority of them would fall.

By classic, I mean a "classic RO experience", it was meant to be just pre-renewal, there was no need to limit trans classes, and launch the server at pre-amatsu update.

Then you have innocent, and potentially new players get caught in the mess. Then the player can't level there anymore because they have to do deal with an OP monster going rampage.

My point is, others shouldn't get fair players involve just because they nerd rage over bots.

#32 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I really want to see something like Chiv 1 to be changed for Melees (Mostly raydrics, with some bathories, a few jokers, a few other annoying monsters).

#33 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I would like maybe a hardcore option to each map. Where it is the same map but the spawns are 2x or 3x of normal spawn rates for groups of players. The standard maps may still be good for soloing currently.

Because currently I see the demand for MORE monsters as well as some changes. MORE monsters may hurt people that are soloing by a degree. Or they might need ot buy more fwings... I dont know but to have the option of having a slower pace for the more casual gamer and then having an option for a fast paced crazy balls to the wall experience then you can have the hardcore version of the map. And it would be cool if this is just a setting for the party leader:

Party Exp type:
Individual

Party Loot Type:
Individual

Party Loot Distribution:
Individual

Party Monster Spawn Mode:
Normal
Hardcore (Hardcore being 2x/3x/4x the spawn rates of the map). I also realize this might only be possible in an instanced type scenario but they this is why the classic server was made for suggestions like these?

Or even what if that button changes every map to an instanced version of hte map for that group. Then normal mode can be the normal map.

Edited by cbgenoseven, 20 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#34 Courtis

Courtis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Stings 2 (the map before majos)
60 Sting
35 Arclouze

Also it would be nice if you could actually farm goblins on the goblin-maps.

... please? =D

Edited by Courtis, 20 July 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#35 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

a good map with one monster with low mdef and one with low def. But needs good exp and good spawn so you can make Wizz-melee-priest party share

#36 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

It doenst neccessarily need to have low def or low mdef it should just be a map that provides enough exp/hr to justify adding more people to the party. Or make it hard enough to where a preist/wizzie combo require more people for support to encourage larger parties.

#37 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

It doenst neccessarily need to have low def or low mdef it should just be a map that provides enough exp/hr to justify adding more people to the party. Or make it hard enough to where a preist/wizzie combo require more people for support to encourage larger parties.

Yeah I agree with this, too. I use to do magma 2 with the nightmare terrors and stuff with a bit larger party, but the amount of monsters/exp is kind of too little to be worth it. I don't mind having larger parties if that's what the maps are designed to do, but the whole mob of monsters needs to be evaluated first. For example, the whole bathory/anolian thing doesn't really make sense--if you want a larger party, you can't really mob both monsters because of the monster walking speeds. Before implementing changes, I would suggest putting monsters on a test server to first see how it is. Sometimes the synergy between the map and the monsters just needs to "work". Also consider revamping some of the regular field maps--most of them serve no purpose.

Another consideration may be to beef up spawns in certain maps but make them level-restricted. You know how great it is to level in coal mines? Yeah, it's not. Make that last level mobby with skel-workers, mysts, giearth, martins and limit the base to 75 or something similar. If a place is too easy and fast to level at higher levels, then just have it send you back to town on relog.

And what about a PK maps? It would be fun to see that implemented and make a high exp yield map like guild dungeons, which should also be buffed a little.

#38 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Guild Dungeons are the best.. It forces you to keep an eye out for others who may kill you. Also killing them with the mobs is great!

#39 maiss

maiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Then you have innocent, and potentially new players get caught in the mess. Then the player can't level there anymore because they have to do deal with an OP monster going rampage.

My point is, others shouldn't get fair players involve just because they nerd rage over bots.

It would be easy enough for regular players to fwing away from a OP mob, with little distraction to their grinding, and a major distraction to a bot. And they would be on an MVP-type timer so only one spawns at any single time.

I guess the better solution is to sell a cash shop item, which regular players just purchase and sell back to the bots for ingame zeny. Keeps the circle going.

#40 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Remove all the crap in payon_dun04 Lowest floor other than the mvp and plants. Add 40-50 nine tails, 10 Greatest General,10 dokebi Add Skeleton general "30 min", Ah Mut "30 min", and Cat`o Nine Tails "80-120 min".

As for filler mobs, Not sure.

This ^^

There are alot of good suggestions in this thread, but why all the hate on ridewords.
I'd honestly prefer all those ridewords back in clock tower and have all the stupid archers removed.

#41 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Another consideration may be to beef up spawns in certain maps but make them level-restricted. You know how great it is to level in coal mines? Yeah, it's not. Make that last level mobby with skel-workers, mysts, giearth, martins and limit the base to 75 or something similar. If a place is too easy and fast to level at higher levels, then just have it send you back to town on relog.

This was one of the reasons I didn't like renewal, and why I barely play on it anymore.
Please do not punnish people from going where they want, to hunt items or gain exp, based on their lvls.

*sorry for the double post.

Edited by FullSmile, 20 July 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#42 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

prt_guild dungeon= SG all. That's what Im talking about. A high mdef or water element monster would avoid that. Also means that low def(low vit) and high def monsters can't just ice pick'ed or killed without switching weapons. With a high spawnrate of both types you are forced to use different classes/setups. So it could also be a dblAttack(with dmg cards)SinX/CritSinX share useful.

Just increasing the spawns results in: mobbing Solo and StormG, BowlB, GrandC or Grimm

#43 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Can we get more lower level maps with better monster spawns? From level 10-20, it seems the only viable place is payon dungeon 1. From 20-40, everyone goes to the single wolves map.

A lot of the maps out the outskirts of geffen/morroc seem absolutely barren/useless. I was teleporting around the geffen maps and tons of them all had the same monsters: porings, creamys, pupas, fabres. There were like 10 maps with these same monsters. Can we maybe turn one of them into a snake map? Snakes are fairly easy to kill with okay exp. They also drop strawberries for new players to sell and make money.

Turning one of those maps into another wolves map would be nice, too.

Can we increase the spawn of Elder Willows on the old old Elder Willow map? I think it's 2 south, 2 west of prontera. I think I remember there used to be some Savages, too.

Can you turn on the maps with metalings and rafflessia? Besides toy factory, I have no idea where any other 1st class (besides mage, archer, and aco) can level to get past their 40's until 2nd class.

Oh, and please turn off Wanderer's snatch ability. I remember Castle used to be a viable map to level on, until Wanderer got Snatch and people had to spend time just trying to find each other, only to get snatched again a second later =/

Edited by esum, 20 July 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#44 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

personally I thought snatch was kinda fun. I might be a bit of a masochist though.

#45 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Please do not customise any map dont put any or remove any monster. Just increase the spawn rate where needed. Do not destroy the classic charm by adding new monster in the classic map for example adding iron fist in CT HO map was ridiculous it took away the charm of classic which use to have pre heritage patch

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE LET THE CLASSIC BE AS IT IS. DO NOT CUSTOMISE THE MAPS

#46 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

there are a lot of maps unused, why shouldn't they be improved? Classic is no renewal, thats all. If you want to have a classic game why you dont complain about the new monster database? e. g. Wolfs shouldn't give that much exp! Decrease the exp and make them to a bad level spot again, like it was at episode 5!

#47 Axeon

Axeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationbehind a computer.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

@Heim/GMs: There are far too many detailed posts here to give feedback on every one of them, so please make a poll or highlight any changes you're considering before implementing them.

#48 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Lighthalzen + bio3

#49 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

I somehow grew used to a rather different glastheim chivalry map, with some more abysmal knights and raydrics/ray archer, it would be way more fun to hunt all those if they'd hang about in a slightly increased number (for raydrics) especially for abysmal knights.

gl_knt1 (Glastheim Chivalry):

- Reduce Ridewords
- Add Khalitzburgs
- Add Abysmal Knights (with instant spawn)

gl_knt2 (GH Chivalry 2):

- Remove Jokers
- Add Abysmal Knights
- Increase Raydrics/Raydric Archers
- Increase Khalitzburgs

pretty much agree to lyndeleins suggestion

#50 janielle

janielle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:06 AM