What. (possible update) - Page 4 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What. (possible update)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I mean I'm pretty satisfied knowing that eventually it will come. After this Ragnarok+DragonSaga update eventually will come the development and release of the new endgame content, new classes, and everything we've been demanding. The plan is simple, get the new players attention with a nice set of updates. When they get towards the endgame, BAM! Introduce them to the epic endgame which should be every mmo player's dream. I understand that may be their idea to now get new players, and keep them now. The older players and ex-players coming back w/ a big update should now find a way to wait patiently for this endgame improvement. You can easily name several inactive or quit players just sitting here expecting to be informed of new things and giving their 2 cents about this.

I mean I know it's difficult but now that we know it's coming, we just need to play a waiting game at this point. The big Ragnarok cameo update will probably be arriving within the next 1-2 months. So will that mean the next major update is planned for late 2012/early 2013? It's a guess but hey anyone's guess can be believable.

Also @ zabmaru: It's intriguing that your researching stock in MMORPG-developing companies @ international areas. Your perhaps the first case I've seen where someone takes time to see just how the company that develops a game is doing financially instead of making guesses.

#77 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

I mean I'm pretty satisfied knowing that eventually it will come. After this Ragnarok+DragonSaga update eventually will come the development and release of the new endgame content, new classes, and everything we've been demanding. The plan is simple, get the new players attention with a nice set of updates. When they get towards the endgame, BAM! Introduce them to the epic endgame which should be every mmo player's dream. I understand that may be their idea to now get new players, and keep them now. The older players and ex-players coming back w/ a big update should now find a way to wait patiently for this endgame improvement. You can easily name several inactive or quit players just sitting here expecting to be informed of new things and giving their 2 cents about this.

I mean I know it's difficult but now that we know it's coming, we just need to play a waiting game at this point. The big Ragnarok cameo update will probably be arriving within the next 1-2 months. So will that mean the next major update is planned for late 2012/early 2013? It's a guess but hey anyone's guess can be believable.

Also @ zabmaru: It's intriguing that your researching stock in MMORPG-developing companies @ international areas. Your perhaps the first case I've seen where someone takes time to see just how the company that develops a game is doing financially instead of making guesses.

Unfortunately this is where I have to disagree with you in a certain way. You're right--big updates do make people come back and check it out so, yes, all we need to do is play a waiting game.

However, I find this is a disgusting way for an MMO to operate. The players should never feel obligated to sit and twiddle their thumbs so that the Development can come up with more ways to make new players. Again, if the people in charge are incapable of satisfying the current players and, instead of trying to change things to satisfy them, try to bring in new players--it's one gigantic middle finger to the entirety of us.

I am not normally so upset by these things, but thinking about this particular update makes me very mad. "Feedback, feedback!" has been the mantra of the past five months or so and we were promised groundbreaking updates which left us with nothing more than this lackluster "Legendary" update. Now we're supposed to sit and wait indefinitely for some magic update that will fix everything AFTER we get the update that will rake more poor saps into the game? I am not very happy with the planning.

#78 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

The fact that they just suddenly dumped working on end game content which we've been begging for almost half a year now just to add early/mid game content is disgusting in every sense of the word. I would rather get small late game updates like a new mm or special bosses that randomly spawn in 70+ areas that are community dungeon tough. Every week or 2 would be nice, but I'm honestly sick of basicly useless patches for months on end just to get a major patch that ends up breaking the game which they then have to take another month and half worth of updates to fix.Tl;dr GG need stop shoving massive updates down our throats and instead to add them bit by bit.

Edited by StormHaven, 27 July 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#79 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

The fact that they just suddenly dumped working on end game content which we've been begging for almost half a year now just to add early/mid game content is disgusting in every sense of the word. I would rather get small late game updates like a new mm or special bosses that randomly spawn in 70+ areas that are community dungeon tough. Every week or 2 would be nice, but I'm honestly sick of basicly useless patches for months on end just to get a major patch that ends up breaking the game which they then have to take another month and half worth of updates to fix.Tl;dr GG need stop shoving massive updates down our throats and instead to add them bit by bit.

But then how would they create endless hype to try to attract new people/people who quit to come back and spend IM?! Besides, it's not like the 70+ bosses of your dreams would drop anything better than HP pots.

#80 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

But then how would they create endless hype to try to attract new people/people who quit to come back and spend IM?! Besides, it's not like the 70+ bosses of your dreams would drop anything better than HP pots.

Fine with me. I really couldn't care less what they drop as long as they're challenging or at least some what tough and don't require me to be a stacked ninja with TR to kill in a reasonable amount of time. The best bosses in the game are the community dungeon Titians. They can be soloed but it takes a long time, and even with a party that has 3 +20s and a +15 they don't melt and still take about 10mins of straight attacking to kill them and they still pose a threat with their attacks that drain mana, cause fear, burn you etc. I would love to see more bosses like them

#81 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hastur *quote*
so unless ALL of the publishers are feeling the same our request just gets placed lower on the totem pole. This doesn't mean i'm going to stop by any means, I'm still going to keep pushing the issues.

starting out by saying ty hastur for still pushing for the issues

........but one of the issues that comes up, if this is really the developers format is......
the servers will never agree on the issues & the developers can continue to ignore us.........
why? because elements of this games server vs other servers are set at different levels of difficulty,
productions is higher on other servers and used in pvp
elga is set lower on other servers, having less health and doing less damage,

other servers will not complain about elga being impossible for all to join or be useful against,
especially when other servers can solo elga with 1 character, partially because elga is weaker, and partially because their prod multipliers go higher,

other servers wont complain about the same pvp imbalance if productions is turned on in thier pvp's
to them this would im-balance pvp in other ways than what we are currently seeing, meaning they will
be complaining about those imbalances

noting the two situations above, other servers wont complain about elements, why? because
as we see above they didnt need it to fight elga, for our server it was a last hope for those not ninja or knight, or able to +20 every gear.
to other servers elements can be less useful, more cosmetic, and it doesnt matter to them.

basicly - how can they require consistant complaints when the servers are not consistant with each other,
the various tweeks to the various servers block our abilty to be able to give consistant feedback,

#82 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Quite frankly pvp balance will eventually happen but with Gpotato being all lock-paranoid I'll be surprised if i go to their game balance area and don't see "LOCKING IS BROKEN!! FIX IT NAOOO!!!"

#83 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

The only server with a nerfed elga is J Drag and I'm not even sure they have it anymore.

#84 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

The only server with a nerfed elga is J Drag and I'm not even sure they have it anymore.

I heard it was put back to what we have for Elga.

#85 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

A friend of mine (Kolpit) found this, so here you go http://ds.gnjoy.com/...eq=41&curpage=1

#86 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

A friend of mine (Kolpit) found this, so here you go http://ds.gnjoy.com/...eq=41&curpage=1

I raise you with a
http://ds.gnjoy.com/...eq=44&curpage=1

#87 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I raise you with a

Those sets...I need those sets...

#88 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

I raise you with a

Be my white smith prinz.

#89 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Bump, its was announced in-game that this update will go live next week.

#90 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Bump, its was announced in-game that this update will go live next week.

Fyero, you magnificent bastard.

#91 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I hope it's not all lvl 40-60 content......... :Emo_21:

#92 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

:o did someone say new content

#93 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

:o did someone say new content

Shhh, don't scare it.
It's a wild, untamed beast that seemed to vanish for a long time.

#94 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'd rather get the 70+ content they were working on than this sub 60 update zzz

#95 Chohsan

Chohsan

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'd prefer they invest their time and effort in simpler tasks foremost, like adapting the lackluster translations, debugging the code, and/or balancing PvM/PvP, but either way, something is better than nothing.

#96 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

If they were gonna do a DSxRag thing I wish they would have more well known Ragnarok Villains. I was hoping they'd be creative and let us bash at Satan Morroc or some other ridiculously overpowered boss from there. Be an interesting End-Game idea for this update.

Also I'm sure after this update all those end game things that were pushed back are next. I aint sure what they're thinking of for the new class but hopefully these endgame content and cap raise will be good. I'm guessing maybe a new series of maps, with missions and a dungeon or two, a level cap raise to 85, and either a new dragonkin class or a hybrid race class both races can be. But it's all guesses and speculation at this point.

#97 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Quite frankly, I think Hastur lied to us about new content. Everything he said is a generic paint-over of what any normal MMO would receive in any update, and of course we're bound for one eventually. He saw our outrage and tried to calm us by saying that that update is certainly in the mind of the developers and only took a temporary backseat to this update. In my opinion, yes, of course there are plans to increase level cap and add new content. But much, much, much more importantly to just about everyone working at Gravity Games is to try to draw in as many players as possible because, let's face it, this has been the entire goal of the company pretty much since it took over.

Advertising this game and drawing in players has always been the (rather unsuccessful) modus operandi of WarpPortal and its mother company, Gravity. This is due to a declining player population in Dragon Saga (Not to mention Dragonicas worldwide--I'm looking at you, Southeast Asia and Japan) which is, in turn, due to a highly boring method of grinding in a game where grinding is the primary content, which only lands you in an increasingly cash-biased-class-biased endgame or PvP setting once at level cap or, as you can see the huge amount of "perma" characters, the desired permanent level.

My point is this: the DSxRO update is nothing short of a fancy coat of paint (Like the Legendary update) to try to make people say "Hey, check out what Dragon Saga is doing! That looks so fun and interesting, I think I'll try it out." Consider the Legendary update: it promised some sort of revolutionary change to combat and playstyle and delivered nothing but fancy and cute animations. Again, not a bad thing, but certainly not anything that's too exciting without something to do. And now think to the Ragnarok one--what better way to draw in new players than to depend on the fame and glory of their biggest title? Further, it leaves ton of open-ended room for additional references to Ragnarok in future updates, but certainly checking itself to make sure new players are the priority.

Of course they'll add a level cap increase. Of course they're going to consider new classes, possibly for Dragonkin or not. Of course they plan to make new endgame dungeons and mission maps. But none of this is so far as on the drawing board until they get out as many attempts to get new players as possible, rather than focusing on making the game itself enjoyable. And that is exactly why the Ragnarok update is another mediocre disappointment before any real content comes.

#98 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

words

All i see here is someone mad they don't have sky garden.

#99 ChromeBreaker

ChromeBreaker

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well you know this is great and all sounds kool and stuff but. . .Can you come out with a 4th job already? Many gamers have reached level 80 and have nothing to do now, So they hunt things from event while lower level players struggle to do the events. And how about adding new characters not dragonskin HUMAN/Demon you guys realy messed up the game when u made dragonskin items only and human items only. . . How about u try to make a character with a syth or something and GET US 4th JOBS

#100 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Well you know this is great and all sounds kool and stuff but. . .Can you come out with a 4th job already? Many gamers have reached level 80 and have nothing to do now, So they hunt things from event while lower level players struggle to do the events. And how about adding new characters not dragonskin HUMAN/Demon you guys realy messed up the game when u made dragonskin items only and human items only. . . How about u try to make a character with a syth or something and GET US 4th JOBS

Our third jobs are incomplete and you want a further one? I hardly think that's the solution to no content. What would we do with a further job progression if no new dungeon was available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users