Let's talk about cooking and Food! - Page 3 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Let's talk about cooking and Food!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Please read my posts more carefully.

What would change in that situation even with 10 more INT? not much. Anyone that can survive that would of survive it and if can't would of died.

That 10 INT would literally be the difference between life and death. Now just stop, nobody agrees with you.

#52 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

I normally don't give two hoots about cooking or stat foods, but this would be my suggestion:

Part 1: Make +5 stat food available at the Kafra Shop. Make it cost half the price of Valk +10 food.

Part 2: Lower the ingredients required for cooking regular stat food by 80% for +1 to +5 food. Lower the ingredients required for cooking stat food by 60% for +6-+10 food. Do not go below one of each reagent type when calculating the reduction(if it needs 1 Yggdrasil Berry, make it still require 1 Yggdrasil Berry after a 60% reduction, etc.). Make SURE that the vendor prices for said foods are reduced accordingly.

PART 3: Make Kafra +5 food stack with +1 to +5 regular food, for a maximum bonus of +10. Do not allow Kafra food to stack with +6 to +10 regular food.

What does this do?

-Maintains max +10 bonus(higher than +10 is not recommended due to balance reasons)
-Makes Kafra shop food useful and still WoE-viable, but not automatically optimal without some farming
-Makes high end food crafting still viable, just more work than 5+5 food stacking
-Makes high end food drops from MVP's(Detale, Lady Tanee etc.) still useful
-Makes low end crafting significantly easier but very useful
-Allows slightly more versatility in terms of breakpoints(for example: I need 8 STR to hit 130 breakpoint, I have 122 total, so I go crafted +8, or Kafra +5 plus crafted +3)
-Makes +3 food-finding accessories(Gremlin Card, Dragon Egg Card, Anopheles Card, etc.) more useful

What are some issues?

-Use of Kafra food plus crafted food to hit +10 requires double consumables(inventory issue). Solution? Make Kafra food weigh 1, if it doesn't already. Change +1 to +5 food to weigh 20 across the board instead of the much higher values. Create a new item ID for new foods(this will help with the vendor pricing). Optional: keep the existing item ID's for accessory-based +3 foods and MVP-based +10 foods and keep those at their original weight/vendor price.
-+6/+7 food will be rarely crafted, unless people don't need +10 to hit a breakpoint.
-System would have to be properly coded.
Edit: -issues with cooking sets are not yet accounted for.

Now, the real question is: Is this change necessary?

Honestly, I do not think so. But, since the new trend is unnecessary changes, go nuts.

Edited by trahsc, 02 August 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#53 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Tolrin: You just don't want to put any effort into obtaining stat foods. What Heim is saying is that there might be a compromise to make it possible to make the ingame system worthwhile using so that you can actually make them for reasonable prices and don't have to spend ages hunting materials to make them.

Did you even read my post? I said specifically that I don't care if they buff the in game food system, what I said was that they shouldn't remove or nerf the normally available kafra foods because they are a popular item which players will spend lots of money on, which will help keep the server successful.

This server is supposed to be classic RO, not random stuff changed haphazardly to make things inconvenient RO. I don't think they should be trying to "fix" things that weren't really a problem originally, and the kafra foods were not a problem. The in game food system was a problem, fixing that is fine, all I am advocating is leaving the other ones alone.

#54 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Did you even read my post? I said specifically that I don't care if they buff the in game food system, what I said was that they shouldn't remove or nerf the normally available kafra foods because they are a popular item which players will spend lots of money on, which will help keep the server successful.

This server is supposed to be classic RO, not random stuff changed haphazardly to make things inconvenient RO. I don't think they should be trying to "fix" things that weren't really a problem originally, and the kafra foods were not a problem. The in game food system was a problem, fixing that is fine, all I am advocating is leaving the other ones alone.

If the kafra shop is making an in-game function into something that's not used, I'd say there's a problem there. With your idea, you might as well remove the ability to cook foods and items such as cookbooks from the game entirely since there's no point in them.

Just because you don't cook doesn't mean it's not a problem.

#55 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Cookbooks should be a little bit easier to find. Make stat food ingredients easier to obtain, and re-do some of the ingredients. Give MVPs a chance to drop stat foods and remove some of their trash loots. Like switch out the Ring Pommel Saber from Drake and give him +10 agi food drop, or when White Lady comes out remove her Black Hair, Soft Silk, and/or Celestial Robe and give her some stat foods.

#56 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

If the kafra shop is making an in-game function into something that's not used, I'd say there's a problem there. With your idea, you might as well remove the ability to cook foods and items such as cookbooks from the game entirely since there's no point in them.

Just because you don't cook doesn't mean it's not a problem.

The Kafra Foods were not the problem, the food system was in game since episode 10 and saw almost no use at all because of the ridiculous amount of time and effort required to make the foods, the shop foods were not added until sometime after episode 11.3. Also this isn't "my idea" this is "what already was the case on classic RO." Not only that, but my friends and I are probably some of the very very few players who actually DID cook with the in game system back in the day on iRO. Unlike you, I am not posting in this topic with absolutely no experience or knowledge on the subject, and I am actually interested in playing a fun and fairly balanced game.

#57 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

The Kafra Foods were not the problem, the food system was in game since episode 10 and saw almost no use at all because of the ridiculous amount of time and effort required to make the foods, the shop foods were not added until sometime after episode 11.3. Also this isn't "my idea" this is "what already was the case on classic RO." Not only that, but my friends and I are probably some of the very very few players who actually DID cook with the in game system back in the day on iRO. Unlike you, I am not posting in this topic with absolutely no experience or knowledge on the subject, and I am actually interested in playing a fun and fairly balanced game.

I cooked before as well actually. But I stuck to the easier to make recipes so the +gains were never as big. I don't think there should be +10 foods from Kafra but making them easier to make or something by players would be helpful for sure.

#58 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I agree, kafra foods should be left alone. However giving the ingame variants a few perks to make it better than the kafra version would go a long way (like making them not go away on death).

#59 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

I like the new food packs. You could also put boxes of 10 level 7 foods in the shop so people can choose which stat to get.

As for in game cooking...make kafra foods dispellable, make real foods immune to dispel and death. Increase duration to 30mins. Change recipes for level 7-10 foods(lower certain items' required amounts and remove stuff like ygg seed/berry from the recipes). Make an npc that cooks for people at say...70% success rate. You bring the cookbook and materials, npc makes you up to 10 foods(attempts) at a time.

Also, increase high level cookbook drop rate. Level 9(turtle general iirc?) and 10(maya purple?) drop rate should be 5% or something. Rather common but still doesn't drop often enough to destroy the market, and you'll still need the ingredients.

#60 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

For now cooking is obsolete.

#61 Crane

Crane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

needs to last 30min, the current ones dont =/

#62 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

I need to find a Chef hat...>.>

#63 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Heim, I PM'd you some sample recipe revisions....why u no check?

#64 Zeddy

Zeddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

can we change all the foods to last 30 min. that means the cooked versions too. should of changed the cooked version to 30 instead of nerfing the kp ones to 20. it just so much nicer when the times match up with other items =p

#65 Porink

Porink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Make +10 stats obtainable in kafra BUT make them very very heavy like 200-300 weight or so, loss upon death, but just for 20 minutes or so buff time.. But make them cheap..

While you can make crafted one simply weight less like 10-20, but make it for an hour buff times.. And not loss upon death.. And add the success rate a little..

This can solve the problem on how people from bringing lots kafra stuff on them and prefer the crafted one and even not spoiled to hunt down the ingridients..

#66 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't want to repeat that event, I do want some Kafra shop stuff, but I want in-game cooking to still be highly sought after.

Hi! I love you. :chomok04:

Also, I like the +7 kafra food. The +10 instant kafra food for like 10cents each was just way too easy and cheap. I don't know how people got brain-washed into thinking that +10 stats for 10 cents is normal... but now you kinda have to think about changing your equips to fit the +7 (which is comfortably close to get to 10) or dish out money in-game to find better food.
I'm sure the chef's are happy to get their jobs back.

If I may add, please raise the price of the ingredients bought from food-making npc. Preferrably not extremely much, just a bit to fight the inflation. I'm pretty sure it's the high-end gamers that are after +10 foods anyways.

#67 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Today we are doing the following to update the Foods.

In-game foods = 30 minutes
Weight of In-game food shifted to 2 Weight per +1 of the food. So +10 food = 20 weight.

Things that still need to happen is looking at recipes, and bonus effects like healing % and such when using those foods. Then figuring out any updates to the cooking sets to make them not so 0 or perfect.

#68 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think the important thing is just to make them more accessible or more reliable. Perhaps instead of a success rate, a bonus system could be applied:
Cooking will always result in one food being successfully created. Then:
(dex + luk + baselvl + joblvl) / 4 - (4 x food level) - (bonus attempt * 10) + (5 * (cooking set level - 1)) chance to make a repeat food (and this would just go on until a failure happens).
So, ex: 150 dex, 150 luk, 99/70.
On the first bonus attempt, you would have 469 / 4 - 40 - 10, or a 67.25% chance to make a second food. On each subsequent bonus attempt, the rate would drop by 10% always, thus ensuring that it will, at some point, always hit 0.
So for a single +10 food you'd get: 1 + 67% chance + 57% chance + 47% chance + 37% chance + 27% chance + 17% chance + 7% chance, or a possibility of 8 +10 foods from a single item set. (This could, of course, be artificially limited to say, 4, or some function of the food level). While the item sets would be pretty difficult to come across, the possibility of getting up to 8 sets - but still being pretty damn likely that you'll earn 2-4 sets per creation (which at 30 minutes each, assuming they don't go away on death is an entire WoE. Makes the sets much more feasible since a single creation would handle a whole WoE.) Using a Fantastic Cooking set would be the number of possible creations up to 10 in this instance, though once you pass the 4 or 5 mark it gets unlikely that someone will make any more in a single cook.

Another possibility is to allow the cooking set to modify the number of possible/certain creations:
Outdoor: Normal cooking chance (1)
Home: Will make 1, then a lowered chance to make a bonus set (2)
Professional: Will make 1, then a normal and a lowered chance to make 2 bonus sets. (3)
Royal: Will make 1, then one elevated and two normal chances for up to 3 bonus sets (4)
Fantastic: Will make 2, with elevated chances for up to 2 bonus sets and another two normal chances for 2 more bonus sets (6 possible)

So while some sets require modestly uncommon items, upon creation you KNOWING that you will get at least 1 can certainly be helpful.

The accessibility of high level books needs to be addressed as well. A 1% drop from Maya Purple for level 10 would be much better, along with certain MVPs that have open MVP slots to drop it as an MVP Reward at 5-10% chance would be nice as well.

#69 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Today we are doing the following to update the Foods.

In-game foods = 30 minutes
Weight of In-game food shifted to 2 Weight per +1 of the food. So +10 food = 20 weight.

Things that still need to happen is looking at recipes, and bonus effects like healing % and such when using those foods. Then figuring out any updates to the cooking sets to make them not so 0 or perfect.

It would be great if the ingame versions did not go away on death.

#70 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

It would be great if you would just put +10 foods in the Kafra Shop.

#71 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

He wants the in-game cooking foods to be useful enough for people to buy and use though.

#72 Porink

Porink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

In my imagination it is a good idea to make kafra foods cheap but heavy. Because if it goes away on death, people who want to use it in WoE will be forced to buy it again and again and it will be a hassle since they cant carry a lot at a time. And if you use it on PvM, you can still die and lose the effect so you need to go back and buy them again. That is the limitation.

In-game wise, people have become quite lazy to pick up loots so we need to have something that will force people to collect in game loots which so called junk in order to make this game alive without too much depending on kafra shop .

#73 andrevv

andrevv

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

What about BattleGround food only for WoE?

#74 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

No changes to the recipes yet I guess?
Some of the ingrediants are extremely annoying to get right now ><
And some ingrediants (like the Prickly Fruit) doesn't even exist on the server except maybe through OBBs and OPBs. Several of the level 7-10 recipes use this.

#75 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Prickly Fruit will come available with episode 10.2, after rebirth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users