Let's talk about cooking and Food! - Page 4 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Let's talk about cooking and Food!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#76 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

Remove stat food from the game. It was a terrible idea when it came out and it's a terrible idea today.

Should've thrown it back into kRO's face and told them to hire a developer who can come up with mechanics that aren't already in the game.

Edited by Nymmastal, 01 September 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#77 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I don't mind stat food being in the game. Would just be nice to actually be able to make them.

#78 killthebeast

killthebeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

it would be better if you sold +10 foods (60mins, buffs stay even if your character dies) in the kafra shop. farming the ingredients needed is tedious and imo its not worth it to farm a lot for +10 food buffs that would be lost upon death or expire just after half an hour. i'd rather buy the +7 foods and adjust my final build according to the available food buffs in the market, than spend a lot of time to hunt for a lot of ingredients to make +10 buffs which dont even last long. thats not practical at all.

#79 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

Prickly Fruit will come available with episode 10.2, after rebirth.

Still boggles my mind why all the "rare" plants were put into the boxes to make cooking "easier" yet they're missing these fruit. Which means we can't even make use of some of the +10 foods.

#80 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

You can get those fruits from the izlude airship just sit their until the bad guys attack.

#81 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

You can get those fruits from the izlude airship just sit their until the bad guys attack.

Translation:

"We decided to mess around with spawns again without telling anyone as a solution to a really bad cooking system instead of a good solution because we hate fun and we also hate money."

#82 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I sat there a while before mentioning the lack of fruit knowing that it did have that option before but it did not pop up while I was there. Was it changed/broken when the airship was supposed to have been altered? I've honestly not been back to check again lately.

#83 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I sat there a while before mentioning the lack of fruit knowing that it did have that option before but it did not pop up while I was there. Was it changed/broken when the airship was supposed to have been altered? I've honestly not been back to check again lately.

They are supposed to be there for sure when "How the Airship work" quest is ingame, which would be episode 10.2.
The pattern is very irregular, you can sit there quite some time before they show up.
Yet, it is the only way. Those foods are supposed to be very rare at this stage of the game.

#84 Okokx

Okokx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

no cast wiz in HO FTW! let the cooking begin!

#85 PLUEVNR

PLUEVNR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Today we are doing the following to update the Foods.

In-game foods = 30 minutes
Weight of In-game food shifted to 2 Weight per +1 of the food. So +10 food = 20 weight.

Things that still need to happen is looking at recipes, and bonus effects like healing % and such when using those foods. Then figuring out any updates to the cooking sets to make them not so 0 or perfect.

30 minutes, removed after death?
weight ok
recipes, stll need 4400 of each?
cooking kit or cooking npc?
cooking book rate increased?

#86 Farb

Farb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

WTHeck........ i am as poor as hell and i will never have the chance to dream about having those nice items for bonus status you guys speak off
Forget it, vip has already made things too easy on the server. people already skips the plot of the quests. and don't even have to put any effor into it
Leave thing's the way they are. its up to the luck of people to meet people who have already done the impossible who are willing to help them by.
Leave things the way they are, that's what makes it fun.

#87 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

30 minutes, removed after death?
weight ok
recipes, stll need 4400 of each?
cooking kit or cooking npc?
cooking book rate increased?

Just 10 minutes.
Removed after dead.
Weight as original.
Cooking as usual.
Only cooking kits are changed in succes.
Kafra +7 still owns.

#88 PLUEVNR

PLUEVNR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

oh god... so it's better to buy than farm... we got some big brain here...

it's like "give money or suck in woe"

#89 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Sort off yes, +7 is quite high to sell in Kafra. Certainly at this stage of the game. I would have preferred +1 to +4 available there.
You could use them 24\7 for lvling to round out a stat and take on a slightly more rewarding monster or kill faster.
On the other hand with the box event +8, 9 and +10 will be available in WOE.
It gives the opportunity to any player without much options for cooking or buying with zeny to match that more or less with Kafra ones.
I think they rushed it a litte too much towards the maxium possible but whatever, it is not gamebreaking.

#90 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Y u no make that chef's hat SuperNovice equipable???

:p_sad:

all the good stuff is not doable by SN

should make a special item maker quest especially for SN to be forgiven of always forgtetting bout that black sheep class

like a +5 to all stats item
worn out at die
last 20 or 30 min
hard to get, full(lot) item required

or let those poor SN equip a chef hat and do all the food they want
:p_laugh:

#91 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

SN can wear the hat if they have link..

#92 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

is there a place where we can know the success rate of cooking food? like a chart or something?
and also, can we cook food even if we didn't made the cooking quest?

thx

#93 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

So...

Any news about loosening the item requirements for food?

#94 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Is this food project dead? I'd like to know if the recipes will be updated or if player made food will still exist after death. I've been buying supplies to get ready for cooking, but I haven't hunted any of the more expensive ingredients (like a smokie tame for a level 3 food? wtf?) in case I waste time and money trying to get outdated recipe ingredients.

The existence after death effect for player foods would be a nice way for players to sell and use lower level foods like level 5 or 6 so they can compete with level 7 kafra food.

#95 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Definitely dead.

Heim can you at least implement single type boxes for food? It's getting old having to buy combo boxes of food with -_- that we don't need........................................................

Or at least make a box that has vit and dex in the same box.

#96 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

1. magic- int dex vit
2 . mele- str dex vit
3. agi types str dex/luk agi

#97 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Yes, can you either finish implementing the food project before WoE or sell individual boxes? It's annoying having to buy all those useless foods that we don't need simply because it comes in the package.

#98 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

can we also get a boxter for bms that we get from to make them into a vendable one? say trade in 15-20 for one tradeable box of 10

#99 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

don't understand the way it works... got a merch getting to 56 +6 dex and 48+2 luk
that is supposed to get me at least almost 15% bonus to make food... even if the outside cooking kit was at 0% success rate, that would be more than 1 out of 20 try to make a +1 food....

or i am very very very unlucky with those one and should absolutely continue leveling my pure dex-luk to 99???

maybe buff a little the success rate or nerf the ingredients requirement

thank you
oh by the way guys, yes the made-up food go out at death but at least as a 30min duration

#100 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Currently I am going through the recipes as they are now and color coding and figuring how much hunting time is necessary for each ingredient. Right off there are several early recipes that are costly with the Blue pot or alcohol requirement.

If those were eliminated it sort of normalizes until +9 and +10 where ridiculous requirements get put in place with near card rare items being required for a chance at making a 30 min buff. To be honest, it has been an excel file open on my PC for over a week and the time to pile through it and start testing replacement items has not been available yet. During RWC I expect to have a bit of focus time available to get this and some side projects handled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users