Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11 - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#26 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

According to this post, someone is around over on Support. Send in a ticket if it's about you never binded your game account to your WP account.

all my acct were bind to warp portal already and i was able to make payment already on this before. And if I were to submit a ticket now, I swear u never get an answer from those warp portal team at least 2-3 days. I still have a open ticket with warp portal acct and still have resolve yet. Not sure when was ur last to submit a ticket. But lately, for me and my friend, it take at least 2-3 days from them to reply to you. And if you were in shoe that holding some of the guild item and the entire guild (about 50 ppl) woe supplies and god item and you not getting and response from these GM, what would you do? It 11 pm here now and I have to work tomorrow and I have 50+ ppl of supplies to make. What should I do?

#27 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

I don't regret the added security that will be present afterwards, in the form of game accounts bound to WarpPortal accounts and the PWs all being changed, but I certainly regret the announces that the few minutes of work is causing.

If YOU want ADDED security to our Warp Portal Accounts how about to put in a SECRET QUESTION AND ANSWER on their Accounts like some other Game Companys are doing it?

#28 November

November

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Ok so I read Calanor's post in regards to the length of the e-mail validation being sent out. Now I would like to know if the change will effect the retrieve password requests that were asked for before the time was increased to 3 hrs.

#29 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

waited over 30 min resending email several times still nothing from Warp Portal or GM support team. :p_devil:

#30 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

At least the GM team is announcing that accounts have been brute-force attacked and they're actively trying

They shouldn't be attacked in the first place and also normaly it's the comanpany who has to take care of the accounts not me?
I have to take care that my account doesn't get hacked due to trojan, virus, w/e and not to share it.

#31 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

We do have a level of necessary security in place, and as the world evolves so to does our defense mechanisms. But all the super technology possible does nothing when accounts have weak, shared passwords that never get updated. The PWs needed updating, the game accounts need tied to warpportal. Both of those are necessary things both for security and business, this situation is annoying and full of work for all sides, but it is a necessary thing to occur. The timing of the bruteforcing came now, we could wait a week and have 100s of accounts to restore all of which take loads of time, and still likely miss some, or we can be proactive and pre-fix before it fully explodes in our community and our faces.

I'd rather take flak for doing the right thing in a timely yet unexpected way; rather than playing it safe and have a bigger problem occur while we wait for days to make a decision. I sincerely wish we could instantly answer the tickets, but reality says not possible. We are churning through them pretty quick though, and we only expect real problems with non-bound accounts with forgotten emails, but those we would have to deal with eventually anyway.

#32 Fuzzyteh

Fuzzyteh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

It took me 10 mins to change my 3 accounts but the 4th took me an hour b4 I got the email ~_~. Weird but least it works.

#33 GeeGee

GeeGee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAlt-Tabbed in Battlegrounds
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

What do you think this is gonna do to Valk's bot population? :3

#34 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

What do you think this is gonna do to Valk's bot population? :3

Nothing. Those same people will be churning out bots as usual. It wont change until they require your RO account to be bound to a WP account.

#35 Kendra

Kendra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationhkawaii, the k is silent.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

lol ok horse face...stop brown nosing and read the forums.. 90% of players are complaining

many did not sign up for warp.. why? cause it was not a requirment

others didnt care what info they put in IE email/bday

they should have warned us here with atleast a week warning

Well sorry you're too stupid to do something that they've created to make things easier. Like, oh, THIS for example. And when you're filling out a form and FALSIFY information then I have no pity for you. :p_devil:

They shouldn't be attacked in the first place and also normally it's the company who has to take care of the accounts not me?
I have to take care that my account doesn't get hacked due to trojan, virus, w/e and not to share it.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect security system and well educated hackers with a motive will eventually find a way into your account. They could make it so if you get the password wrong ONCE there is a 30 min ban from logging in. Would you like that? It would make brute force hacking WAY harder (still not impossible, nothing is impossible sweetie) but it would also complicate our lives beyond what is necessary...

Edited by Kendra, 05 October 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#36 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

Maybe you didn't read what my response was, as we are waiting for you to respond. The ticket got 2 responses from our support team and we did not get any answer in return from you so after 48 hours the ticket was closed. You can reopen the ticket at any time.

It seems like your looking to just place blame. I am sorry if we have wronged you in some way or fashion. If you want help you can use the support system http://support.warpportal.com

I didn't see the second response until now, and it is just as stupid as the first response was. To the first response asking me to send screenshots: I ignored it as I had already linked the account I was trying to buy points on to another email, as I said in the last post I made in this thread. While I understand that a screenshot of the error would certainly help, just how many errors do you have that say "Invalid request"? The reason I ignored the first response is because of the roundabout way gravity does just about everything. If you copy and paste the error, that information is somehow not as good as if they have a pretty picture saying the exact same thing. This is not the first time this kind of crap has happened. From an old ticket:

Answer :
Thank you for contacting us.
We apologize for the late response. The user of this account must be verified by fax before this account is eligible for release considerations. Please fax a copy of a government issued ID to (310)827-0793.
Answer :
We can not accept the image submitted in the prior email. It must be faxed.

We understand that this is frustrating but this is part of our protocol. We destroy the faxes after verification, if an email has that info we have to remove the email so it ends up providing no data to us.

Either way the information is getting destroyed, and you are just being :p_devil: annoying by requiring it to be faxed.
So, why the hell should I waste my time trying to solve the actual issue, when I could just ignore the stupidity of your customer service team for a while longer, having found a suitable workaround myself?

On to the second response then.

Thank you for your patience,

We have found more than one game account that share the email address registered to the WarpPortal. We ask that you please specify which game account(s) you are attempting to bind to the WarpPortal so that we may assist you in this matter.

Thank you,

Please tell me what this has to do with the issue I sent a ticket about.
It's obvious now that you want every game account bound to warp portal, so that question is pointless in that regard.
I can practically predict how a ticket is going to play out before I even send it. It always ends up with the GM team dragging it out to ten tickets, and having one reply relevant to the issue. I am so tired of the way this company handles it's business.

Maybe you havn't read a damned thing I have said, because I am extremely pissed off about how nothing is being done to fix the error on this great new thing you call warp portal, and now that you are requiring the users to use this broken site in order to be able to log in, I am stuck waiting for you to pull your head out of your ass.

So yes, this company has wronged me, and many other players of this game. This is not by far not the first time, and it will not be the last. Thank you for being ever so helpful and giving me the link to submit another ticket. I wrote one before we ever began speaking, and if it is not quickly resolved, I see no point in continuing to play this game.

Edited by Rate, 05 October 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#37 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

i sent in a request for each account. the site is slow as hell and buggy as hell and responding to each of my clicks retardedly slow. i don't know when i'll actually get the e-mails with the password information. why is the site so buggy is my question.

#38 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

And when you're filling out a form and FALSIFY information then I have no pity for you. :p_devil:

And when you're filling out a form and don't falsify information that is by no means necessary(lol online game is srs bsns), and end up being a victim of identity theft, I will point and laugh in your face, in addition to having no pity for you. This is the internet. This is 2010. Unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary, you SHOULD be using false info. Anyone who is not an idiot could tell you this.

Edited by Danuvue, 05 October 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#39 Kendra

Kendra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationhkawaii, the k is silent.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

And when you're filling out a form and don't falsify information that is by no means necessary(lol online game is srs bsns), and end up being a victim of identity theft, I will point and laugh in your face, in addition to having no pity for you. This is the internet. This is 2010. Unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary, you SHOULD be using false info. Anyone who is not an idiot could tell you this.

Well if you're going to falsify information that could later be crucial to account recovery (...I cant even COUNT how many sites use your birth date/month to verify ownership) at least REMEMBER the false birth date you do provide. Anyway, I'm done responding to crybaby idiots. I hope everyone gets their accounts sorted out, creates a warp portal account, and makes an effort to remember/write down the fake information they apparently should be giving. <3

#40 Shura

Shura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I dont know whats the fuss about but it only took less than 2 minutes to check my email and reset my password for all my accounts. Thank goodness for attaching my accounts to my WP account before hand http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#41 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I didn't see the second response until now, and it is just as stupid as the first response was. To the first response asking me to send screenshots: I ignored it as I had already linked the account I was trying to buy points on to another email, as I said in the last post I made in this thread. While I understand that a screenshot of the error would certainly help, just how many errors do you have that say "Invalid request"? The reason I ignored the first response is because of the roundabout way gravity does just about everything. If you copy and paste the error, that information is somehow not as good as if they have a pretty picture saying the exact same thing. This is not the first time this kind of crap has happened. From an old ticket: Either way the information is getting destroyed, and you are just being :p_devil: annoying by requiring it to be faxed.
So, why the hell should I waste my time trying to solve the actual issue, when I could just ignore the stupidity of your customer service team for a while longer, having found a suitable workaround myself?

On to the second response then.

Please tell me what this has to do with the issue I sent a ticket about.
It's obvious now that you want every game account bound to warp portal, so that question is pointless in that regard.
I can practically predict how a ticket is going to play out before I even send it. It always ends up with the GM team dragging it out to ten tickets, and having one reply relevant to the issue. I am so tired of the way this company handles it's business.

Maybe you havn't read a damned thing I have said, because I am extremely pissed off about how nothing is being done to fix the error on this great new thing you call warp portal, and now that you are requiring the users to use this broken site in order to be able to log in, I am stuck waiting for you to pull your head out of your ass.

So yes, this company has wronged me, and many other players of this game. This is not by far not the first time, and it will not be the last. Thank you for being ever so helpful and giving me the link to submit another ticket. I wrote one before we ever began speaking, and if it is not quickly resolved, I see no point in continuing to play this game.

Honestly looking through our ticket system your ticket is the only one of its kind. I know its easy to call people names but your issue isn't this broad scope easy to fix for a support team member that doesn't have any web programming experience. He was trying to get information from you to help you solve the problem. Nothing wrong with that, you took a different road figured out a solution for it, but you bringing it up again as if its still a problem which I am all for trying to solve it but you haven't yet told us if this is an issue that you are experiencing now or just an old screen shot you wanted to bring up in the midst of everything else that was going on.

Your ticket will get an answer and I hope your satisfied, but I think by your responses that nothing we could do would satisfy you enough at this point. If you assume the worst then you expect the worst and its hard to see something good if you expect the worst.

I would love to see 1 ticket submitted and a response sent that answers the ticket fully. This is a wonderful goal, but doesn't always happen. Your first ticket you submitted you gave the error message and where you were experiencing the error at. You also gave an account that is already linked, and our support team member saw the other accounts and wanted to know what account were you having problems with or was it both. So as much as you and I would like to see a quick response to solve the problem it has to start with giving a lot of details up front for some problems to be fixed.

If you want some support on this then send me a detailed PM and I will look into it. Balls in your court, you do with it as you please.

#42 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

Unfortunately, there is no perfect security system and well educated hackers with a motive will eventually find a way into your account. They could make it so if you get the password wrong ONCE there is a 30 min ban from logging in. Would you like that? It would make brute force hacking WAY harder (still not impossible, nothing is impossible sweetie) but it would also complicate our lives beyond what is necessary...

First of all, don't call me sweetie.
And i sure know that there is no perfect security system but if i look at Warp Portal, all the hacker needs to do it hack my warp portal email address and the hacker will have all the accounts on it.
IF Gravity would put in another security, like, Secret Question and Answer or a Code or whatsoever, then propably the hacker has to try to "solve" that little riddle before he can do anything on that account.

#43 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Honestly looking through our ticket system your ticket is the only one of its kind. I know its easy to call people names but your issue isn't this broad scope easy to fix for a support team member that doesn't have any web programming experience. He was trying to get information from you to help you solve the problem. Nothing wrong with that, you took a different road figured out a solution for it, but you bringing it up again as if its still a problem which I am all for trying to solve it but you haven't yet told us if this is an issue that you are experiencing now or just an old screen shot you wanted to bring up in the midst of everything else that was going on.

I have said it multiple times. The issue was never resolved. I skipped it. How can I be more clear? That screenshot is about an hour old. It's funny that you say this is a one of a kind thing, 90% of the tickets I have sent in have the same results, and everyone I talk to has had a similar experience.

Your ticket will get an answer and I hope your satisfied, but I think by your responses that nothing we could do would satisfy you enough at this point. If you assume the worst then you expect the worst and its hard to see something good if you expect the worst.

I don't know how long you have been with gravity, but as a player on iRO since valk's opening, I have time and again hoped for the best, and gotten worse than I thought possible. I am past believing that one of the many screw ups gravity have is a one time thing, no matter how thoughtful and reassuring the CM's are.

I would love to see 1 ticket submitted and a response sent that answers the ticket fully. This is a wonderful goal, but doesn't always happen. Your first ticket you submitted you gave the error message and where you were experiencing the error at. You also gave an account that is already linked, and our support team member saw the other accounts and wanted to know what account were you having problems with or was it both. So as much as you and I would like to see a quick response to solve the problem it has to start with giving a lot of details up front for some problems to be fixed.

If you want some support on this then send me a detailed PM and I will look into it. Balls in your court, you do with it as you please.

8/31/2010 9:02

Subject: Adding accounts on warpportal
I go to add existing account, and there is a list of accounts with the status 'Add now'
I click add now and it takes me to a page saying that it is an invalid request.
Tried entering info at the bottom, and it said account already listed above.
The accounts are not already linked to warpportal, because I don't like this new crap being shoved down my throat for reasons like this, so I do not have any accounts linked, and that isn't the issue.

At the time of this message, I had no accounts registered. After trying a multitude of random :p_devil: to see what would make warpportal not retarded, I logged in with a different email and registered an account. This will do nothing to get rid of the error when trying to edit a game account, and put my password back to what it was before you decided to-_- with it. To be 100% clear, the same error is given when attempting to register, and attempting to edit any game account. Please note that I said any, and not just some.

In case you forgot, here is the error message. "This is an invalid webpage request." If you don't believe me, there is a screenshot fro about an hour ago earlier in this thread. I'm pretty sure that trying to edit my account info or add an account is not an invalid request.

Since telling you exactly what the error message I receive, how to produce the error message, and what accounts (all.) the error happens on, and providing a screenshot of the error is not detailed enough, would you like me to make a video? That's just about the only thing I can think of that is more detailed, aside from driving to your location with my laptop, and :blink: showing you step by step how your website sucks.

So please, tell me how I gave all you all the information regarding the error again, and yet, somehow, it is still my fault for having it.

#44 Jecht

Jecht

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

Its ridiculously easy to change your password, people should just stop whining. At least the GM team is announcing that accounts have been brute-force attacked and they're actively trying to help us keep our accounts safe. Thanks guys, you're awesome. <3

i dont agree with the easy to change your password since I am having trouble like the post of the one below.. but I only have 1 account and I got the email after 2 hours.. and when i clicked the link it is expired.. but nevertheless I am happy with the response of the GMs by changing the password while accounts are being attacked.. its better to lose a day or a week of gaming rather than.. losing your whole account.. newayz I still hope that I can receive the email faster or there is an another way around it.. it takes too long.. and the link is expired when I get it..

I am having the same problem. I have submitted a forget password on 12 accts and I have gotten 0 e-mails in the past 15 minutes. >.>

#45 YetiMonsta

YetiMonsta

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

Does anyone else get an adobe popup whenever they try to get to the warpportal main page?

#46 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Does anyone else get an adobe popup whenever they try to get to the warpportal main page?

Do you have flash installed for your browser?

#47 minty

minty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

We do have a level of necessary security in place, and as the world evolves so to does our defense mechanisms. But all the super technology possible does nothing when accounts have weak, shared passwords that never get updated. The PWs needed updating, the game accounts need tied to warpportal. Both of those are necessary things both for security and business, this situation is annoying and full of work for all sides, but it is a necessary thing to occur. The timing of the bruteforcing came now, we could wait a week and have 100s of accounts to restore all of which take loads of time, and still likely miss some, or we can be proactive and pre-fix before it fully explodes in our community and our faces.

I'd rather take flak for doing the right thing in a timely yet unexpected way; rather than playing it safe and have a bigger problem occur while we wait for days to make a decision. I sincerely wish we could instantly answer the tickets, but reality says not possible. We are churning through them pretty quick though, and we only expect real problems with non-bound accounts with forgotten emails, but those we would have to deal with eventually anyway.

A long time ago many accounts got hacked into including my own. I think you guys did the right thing by acting swiftly this time around.

#48 moore

moore

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:57 PM

Do you have flash installed for your browser?

Can an ADMIN please respond to the questions about what to do if warp portal isn't sending the e-mail required to reset your password?!?!

I have been waiting 45 minutes for an e-mail and still haven't recieved one. I've tried re-doing the steps to resetting a lost password twice.

This is very frustrating. I figured everything would go smoothly as I had my ro account and wp account binded before all of this hacking occurred.

Hopefully this situation will work itself out, but please respond to my post or someone else's post dealing with the same issue! Advice please!

#49 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

are you trying to get stuff to a yahoo e-mail? it's apparently an issue for a lot of people.

#50 YetiMonsta

YetiMonsta

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hah, no I did not have it installed. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users