A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 3 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#51 MuGGs22

MuGGs22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Darn Rachel Sanctuary & Lost Child quest.. Took me about 4 hrs to complete them. Whew! But it's all worth it. Thanks guys. Nice leveling spot :p_hi:

Edited by MuGGs22, 08 November 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#52 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

yeah, the entrance quest is a pain. But the chick in front of the sanctuary is funny and the pope is extremely cute and always worth a visit. leveling in the sanctuary is also quite fun as battle bishop in my opinion, plus the chance to get nice cards.

Posted Image

#53 MuGGs22

MuGGs22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

yeah, the entrance quest is a pain. But the chick in front of the sanctuary is funny and the pope is extremely cute and always worth a visit. leveling in the sanctuary is also quite fun as battle bishop in my opinion, plus the chance to get nice cards.

Im loving it there, Im luring mobs and letting Meteor storm lvl 5 from dark lord card to kick in. Leveling sure is a breeze.. I just hate the dispell and the strip armor. Later on I'm planning to move at nameless island.

Edited by MuGGs22, 13 November 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#54 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

The loot at Nameless is so delicious. Same with Rachel Sanctuary, actually. I'm pretty sure like 30% of my income came from all the Hodremlin Cards I found there, haha.

#55 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

- blue gems
- concentration potions.
- healing potions (just in case)
- celermine juice (optional. good to have, though, since they stack with concentration pots)
- adrenaline rush scrolls (optional)
- halter lead

add converters !!! really cheaper than everything mentioned (minus tool npc stuff) and add your damage at least 1.5x why you don't want?

#56 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

keep in mind that checklist is for acolytes/priests, not arch bishops. i'd suggest (as i also mentioned) using an elememtal stunner rather than converters, since those are pretty much the best weapons for them anyway. later as arch-bishop that changes but those get their own list.

Edited by Agahim, 14 November 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#57 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Derp,...

While the main course is auto cast you can also see how often the crit hit is. So combination of two really sick. And by 100 base agi I got 191 aspd, pretty sure 120 agi can get 192/193 aspd (plus Bradium brooch bonus crit+4 with it). This obviously need +9 HBP for bonus aspd inside...

#58 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

ah, yeah that's the replay you uploaded the other day. i'll include that at the end of the guide, later when i get around to writing it.
thanks for posting.

#59 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

ah, yeah that's the replay you uploaded the other day. i'll include that at the end of the guide, later when i get around to writing it.
thanks for posting.

It's actually new one lol, the old one doesn't have ROFL and Bradium Brooch with Owl baron before.

#60 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

oh, my bad. all the better.

#61 Ginko1

Ginko1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Iro Renewel

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

I cant wait till more it got me back into my priest

#62 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Is this on the iRO Wiki forums? If not, it definitely should be! More publicity is never a bad thing.

#63 JohnTalon

JohnTalon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

should be noted that we do not want to wear this as a set with ring of resonance. we only want the RoFL.

Why do we only want RoFL and not RoR? Is it just because of extra expenses or is there something else to it?

Edit: I think it was Guillotine Fist that's the unwanted skill. :heh:

Edited by JohnTalon, 05 December 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#64 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Why do we only want RoFL and not RoR? Is it just because of extra expenses or is there something else to it?

Edit: I think it was Guillotine Fist that's the unwanted skill. :heh:

yes, guillotine fist steals your SP completely, which sucks. also, sonic blow breaks your auto-attack and you have to manually retarget whatever you were attacking. besides those nuisances the RoR doesn't add anything of value and takes away a precious accessory slot.

it's of course possible to wear the set as battle bishop but i just wouldn't recomment it.

___

i'll probably post this guide on the iro wiki forums once it's done but right now i'm kinda stuck as i don't know exactly what to recomment as leveling spots as battle bishop. if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Edited by Agahim, 05 December 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#65 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

From 94+, I found Loli Ruris to be slightly faster than Dark Priests. You can dish out huge numbers against them with the right gear setup. After that, I can't remember what I did... I must be getting old, durr. But off the top of my head, I tried to go to places with high potential for big profits, such as Geffenia, Hodremlins, Nameless Island, and Dimensional Gorge (Incarnations). Luckily, those places were ideal for battle ABs, so it's a win-win. :p_smile:

(Oh btw, I got my Kasa HBP restored by the GMs after sending in a ticket! They counted it as the unofficial "one-time screwup forgiveness" count, which they usually apply for people who accidentally NPC a valuable item.)

#66 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

well, glad you got your backpack back.

yeah i usually did go to places that have valueable drops aswell. i liked anolians, raydrics and rachel sanctuary. 135+ i've only leveled with turn-ins because that was before CD in mouth and leveling solo without it as battle bishop is really, really horribly slow.

new world is supposed to be lots faster when you're 100+. cornus gives alot exp, lots more than anolians or raydrics or whatever. i'll try to figure out something, sometime. after that last part the guide is done anyway. it's long enough as it is, and everything important is in it, i think.

Edited by Agahim, 09 December 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#67 naslayer

naslayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMines of Moria
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

How do you guys feel about using the morrigane gear for a mid-tier set? So:

-Morrigane gear
-Double crit vet hammer
-luck switching (venatu card) armor
-matyr/malethiefbug/ footgear or crystal pumps

The total stat count for just these gears (crystal pumps for footgear and glittering jacket for armor):
(ATK, CRIT, and P.DODGE already adjusted from luck bonus)

DEF: 80
STR: 4
LUK: 24
ATK: 34
CRIT: 64
P.DODGE: 23

With Gloria + natural crit, I'm assuming total crit will be 100+
Looks kinda good in theory, especially given the relative cheapness of the gears

Edited by naslayer, 19 December 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#68 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

well morrigane gear is alright if you can get it easily, i guess.
the main advantage of it is high p. dodge and a bit crit. being an acolyte class we get a crapload out of p.dodge from valk manteaus, though (if you want p. dodge) and those are really cheap too.

i'm not a great fan of the set mainly because the manteau has no slot and the helmet is pretty crappy.

#69 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Unfortunately, Morrigane's is kind of outdated nowadays, but for pre-Renewal, it was godly.

Honestly, if you want crit, 1 Vanberk-carded mid headgear, double crit/double slicing Veteran Hammer, Gloria, and ~30 base LUK will suffice. Vanberk procs surprisingly often. So there are just two important yet relatively inexpensive pieces of equipment (less than 100 mil total), and if you include a +9 Valk Manteau for perfect dodge, it's an extra 50 mil. That might sound like a lot, but if you hunt for the right rares, such as Raydric and Hodremlin Cards, you can make plenty of zeny with just a bit of patience.

Also, p. dodge isn't that great, at least not enough to justify fixating a build around it. Personally, I'd always prioritize ASPD, because more attacks = more Duple Light procs. :gg:

#70 naslayer

naslayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMines of Moria
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I'd rather just save for the better equips. Thanks for the input guys.

#71 pathweaver

pathweaver

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have to thank you for the wonderful guide. As a returning player I was lost with my battle build until I stumbled upon this thread. With my deflated funds I was able to push my attack speed to 190 and its getting really addictive! I had a question for those that have more experience with AB skills. If I had a choice between (High Heal 2 and Sacrament 5) or (to lose Sacrament entirely in favor of max High Heal) which should I use? I'm a crit build that uses AA with lower int to also transform into decent support. Just wondering which I would find more use of. Thanks!

#72 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

you're welcome.
both high heal aswell as sacrament are extremely useful. i'd suggest getting both. what do you get instead of those skills?
you might want to take a look at the skill-builds i posted, they usually get max. high heal and sacrament.

if there's no way around it, i'd prefer max high heal over sacrament, as you won't be casting that often anyway, but you'll be healing yourself alot especially at level 130+.

#73 pathweaver

pathweaver

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Here is my current skill build: http://irowiki.org/~...BafkcdsHNakcHcY

I suppose I could drop some praefatio. I've always loved Kyrie though. I figure in a large party if everyone has 15k+ hp it can be the equivalent of 50k worth of preventative healing.

#74 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

praef is indeed pretty nice, but level 5 is sufficent, not even full support ABs get lvl 10 praef.
kyrie lvl 10 blocks up to 10 hits, praef lvl 5 already blocks up to 11 hits though.
additionally you get further blocks for more people in your party.

so level 5 praef is more than enough. get sacrament and high heal max instead.

#75 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hi and thanks for the guide at first. I'm pretty much in love with my AB but I'm on a difficult server (aRO) where there is almost no market and unless you are with the top 3 guilds you are unable to compete. I made it to lvl 108 but I need some advice because I haven't played in 8 months. I will introduce you to my character but please imagine yourself having less than 25mio zeny and a market where fancy equipment is little to non existent...

Stats (base):
Str: 70
Agi: 108
Vit: 8
Int: 16
Dex: 30
Luk: 60

Equip:
+4 Mitra
Phantom of Opera
+4 Glittering Jacket [Porcellio Card]
+5 Carga Mace [2x Flora Card]
+4 Breezy Muffler
+7 Fledged Shoes
Green Apple Ring
Athletic Brooch

I want to spend my money wisely. Can you help me with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users