O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion - Page 5 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#101 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Omg that guy is sooo confusing me.
ancient dagger EA7x2 (+32% ranged)
Future RTS with ASx2 EA7x2 (erasing one card slot) is (+52% ranged).

There is a single EA7 lol I saw it too nubs >=D
If each aqua lord's fury was 50m, then according to asayuu, getting both would be about 1/10 chance (vague) therefore on average 500m

#102 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Don't forget daggers are 50% large, 75% medium, 100% small. With all the large MVPs, I wouldn't really give much thought to an ancient dagger.

#103 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hm true that. Maybe I'll bring along a smith just for weapon perfection lawl. We have plenty people on set up anyways.

#104 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

And btw, EA7 exists, I saw someone selling a +11 Bye with EA7 at eden, and he was showing his equip off, so ppl was able to see it lol. Forgot to take a SS but yeah, it exists. Don't ask me how much does it worth cause I don't really know but believe that making EA7 x2 on a weapon would cost a lot more than 500m, I'd say 1b-2b.

Omg that guy is sooo confusing me.
ancient dagger EA7x2 (+32% ranged)
Future RTS with ASx2 EA7x2 (erasing one card slot) is (+52% ranged).

There is a single EA7 lol I saw it too nubs >=D
If each aqua lord's fury was 50m, then according to asayuu, getting both would be about 1/10 chance (vague) therefore on average 500m

All the enchants exist up to level 10, but EA6 is the highest obtainable on weapons via malangdo enchant (and I think through any other means).

When people talk about an "EA 7 Byeollongum" they mean a byeollongum with a total of 7 levels of expert archer, hence giving +14% ranged damage. Could be an EA4/3, could be EA 5/2 - they're the same for all intents and purposes, since you can't selectively reset enchants.

With at least 20 boxes of silvervines, I have yet to do better than EA 3x2).

The best possible currently is EA 6x2. It is a hopelessly rare enchant even with ALF though, and not practical to obtain.

See http://irowiki.org/w...langdo_Enchants

#105 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Dam I'm getting NOOB at not memorizing and checking this.
sigh sigh.

#106 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

byeollugum EA 4+3 is good enough? right =/

#107 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Well, according to the tests and stuff we got from this thread, we can assume that RTS is better than byeo in the future.

Facts:
1) Future RTS > Future Other Weapons
2) Sword Mastery does not affect AB damage at all.
3) Axe Mastery does not affect AB damage at all.
4) AK card, although calculated differently and not a significant amount than range modifier, is better than AS card against MvPs.
5) Buwaya Tattoo maximizes MATK variance more than Bakonawa for ATK variance, thus Buwaya Tattoo > Bakonawa Tattoo in terms of damage, no matter which +12 weapon.

Question:
1) For fact #5, with 2x Buwaya, can +12 Elemental Sword beat Future +12 RTS (EA5x1)?
2) Does Elemental Sword's +10% damage on neutral monsters work, and on AB?

Thus, we can with some confidence say that in the future, the best available (and realistic) weapon + accessory max damage combo against general MvPd would be:

Headgear: +9 Evil Marching Hat with some card?
Mid-gear: Black Devil Mask
Low-gear: ???
Weapon:+12 Red Twin Sword x3 Abysmall Knight Card and x1 Expert Archer 5 (So +10% ranged, +75% boss damage)
Garment: +9 Heroic Backpack with some card?
Shield: Valk Shield of Royal Guard
Shoes: Variants, but doesn't matter since no difference in damage
Accessory: 2x Buwaya Tattoo, or trade one with a phen carded accessory.

Non-god, non-mvp card, this is the highest damage output you can go for as an above-average genesist.
Ok, can finally conclude this thread and start buying those things =D!! Thanks for everyones help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Edited by michaeleeli, 12 January 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#108 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Just to clarify, when enchanting weapons with 3 card slots with malangdo enchants, you can only have 1 enchantment on the weapon. You cannot "delete" the card slot and replace it with malangdo enchant.

#109 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Yes, you can, you are able to sacrifice one slot to get an additional enchant. Check the Malangdo Enchants topic at Iro Wiki.

#110 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thus, we can with some confidence say that in the future, the best available (and realistic) weapon + accessory max damage combo against general MvPd would be:

Headgear: +9 Evil Marching Hat with some card?
Mid-gear: Black Devil Mask
Low-gear: ???
Weapon:+12 Red Twin Sword x3 Abysmall Knight Card and x1 Expert Archer 5 (So +10% ranged, +75% boss damage)
Garment: +9 Heroic Backpack with some card?
Shield: Valk Shield of Royal Guard
Shoes: Variants, but doesn't matter since no difference in damage
Accessory: 2x Buwaya Tattoo, or trade one with a phen carded accessory.

What are you using for armor? If you go with a tank, as you said, you could use Orlean's Gown for the phen effect.

#111 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yes, you can, you are able to sacrifice one slot to get an additional enchant. Check the Malangdo Enchants topic at Iro Wiki.

No you can't. Whoever put that there didn't test it at all so that's a false information.

Posted Image
This is me testing the enchantment on carded Krasnaya. I could only enchant it once and on the 2nd attempt, I got the above message which prevented me from enchanting it a second time for 2nd enchantment.

Posted Image
This is me testing the enchantment on uncarded Krasnaya[3] which had same result as the one above. Only 1 enchant was possible since this weapon has 3 card slots.

Posted Image
This is another test with Zephyrus[3] instead of Krasnaya to see if this applied to other 3slotted weapons. It had the same result as the other tests where only 1 enchantment was possible.

In short malangdo enchantment will NEVER overwrite open card slots. This has always been the case ever since iRO received malangdo content and when kRO received an update to the system last year (2012). I do not talk out of my ass and my information almost always has a source.

#112 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Might not be the best but if you had a seyren windsor in a +12 EMH you'd get an additional +6 str

#113 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Sigh I hate myself for keep doing this.
What about +12 RWC Pin with +?? +3 INT FS3 FS3 RWC Ring? Or is pendant better?
Just the pin itself with the ring adds +11% ATK/MATK to every monster size, and +6% more ATK or MATK depending on which accessory you are wearing, and +1% ATK or MATK depending which, or +5% ATK/MATK if wearing both. Now....how does monster size card modification work on AB? Same as AK cards? If so, then it is not as good as EMH. But if it works like AS, it adds 11% ATK AND MATK, AND another 6% (depending). That is alot. And to add to havenn's suggestion, you can get +6 str by adding a seyren window card.

So, the question here is basically:

+12 RWC Pin
+?? +3 STR FS3 FS3 RWC Ring
Buwaya Tattoo
(+17% ATK to all monster sizes, +11% MATK to all monster sizes, +1% ATK, +7% MATK, +24 Equip ATK, +3 STR)

Or

+12 RWC Pin
+?? +3 STR S3 S3 RWC Pendant
Buwaya Tattoo
(+17% MATK to all monster sizes, +11% ATK to all monster sizes, +8% MATK, +24 Equip MATK, +3 STR)

Or

+12 RWC Pin
+?? +3 STR FS3 FS3 RWC Ring and +?? +3 STR Spell 3 Spell 3 RWC Pendant
(+17% ATK and MATK to all monster sizes, +5% ATK and MATK, +24 Equip ATK, +24 Equip MATK, +6 STR)

Or

+9 Evil Marching Hat
Buwaya Tattoo
Buwaya Tattoo
(+2% Damage to all monsters, +5% ATK, +5% Ranged damage, +14% MATK)

Which is better =X? We can generally say #2 is better than #1 because the "MATK%" variance is affected more (buwaya > bakonawa). So, the options are actually #2, #3, #4.
The RWC Pin's in-game description:
In-game exact description:
+1% ATK versus all monster sizes.
+1% MATK.
Every refine +3 or above adds +1% ATK/MATK
With RWC Ring, adds +1% ATK versus all monster sizes per 2 upgrades.
With RWC Pendant, adds +1% MATK per 2 upgrades.

Edited by michaeleeli, 15 March 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#114 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Has anyone been able to test out the +12 Byeollungum EA8 vs a +12 Tripple Kingbird Red Twin Sword? Which does better damage and how much better is it?

#115 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Has anyone been able to test out the +12 Byeollungum EA8 vs a +12 Tripple Kingbird Red Twin Sword? Which does better damage and how much better is it?

Right now, the byeollungum does better than the red twin sword. However, it is concluded that when the new enchantment comes out, RTS recieves EA5+, then RTS is better.
I see you have a beog, I gots a RTS and we can test ^^

Edited by michaeleeli, 13 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#116 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Right now, the byeollungum does better than the red twin sword. However, it is concluded that when the new enchantment comes out, RTS recieves EA5+, then RTS is better.
I see you have a beog, I gots a RTS and we can test ^^

I see. I wonder when we will be able to enchant the RTS.

#117 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

No you can't. Whoever put that there didn't test it at all so that's a false information.

This is me testing the enchantment on carded Krasnaya. I could only enchant it once and on the 2nd attempt, I got the above message which prevented me from enchanting it a second time for 2nd enchantment.

This is me testing the enchantment on uncarded Krasnaya[3] which had same result as the one above. Only 1 enchant was possible since this weapon has 3 card slots.

This is another test with Zephyrus[3] instead of Krasnaya to see if this applied to other 3slotted weapons. It had the same result as the other tests where only 1 enchantment was possible.

In short malangdo enchantment will NEVER overwrite open card slots. This has always been the case ever since iRO received malangdo content and when kRO received an update to the system last year (2012). I do not talk out of my ass and my information almost always has a source.

I think you said it yourself on irowiki that's a bug on kRO then they rolled back those card slot lost later..

#118 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Do you have a link? I don't remember posting that.

#119 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

+% damage vs size is treated like other +% damage vs (race/size/element/type) effects, that is, it only effects weapon attack, not status attack. It is not like ranged.

+% atk and +% atk vs all sizes, as far as I know, are the essentially the same effect - they're +% modifiers that only effect weapon attack and effect attack on all monsters. They may be treated as different types of bonus (and hence stack multiplicatively with eachother), but this is likely not relevant. My expectation is that +% damage/atk vs all sizes, +% damage/atk vs all monsters, and +% atk are the same kind of modifier, or if not, that they differ only in how they stack. Though of course I haven't tested it.

The +% matk effect on pin is almost certainly a standard +% matk bonus, treated like any other +% matk effect.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#120 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

+% damage vs size is treated like other +% damage vs (race/size/element/type) effects, that is, it only effects weapon attack, not status attack. It is not like ranged.

+% atk and +% atk vs all sizes, as far as I know, are the essentially the same effect - they're +% modifiers that only effect weapon attack and effect attack on all monsters. They may be treated as different types of bonus (and hence stack multiplicatively with eachother), but this is likely not relevant. My expectation is that +% damage/atk vs all sizes, +% damage/atk vs all monsters, and +% atk are the same kind of modifier, or if not, that they differ only in how they stack. Though of course I haven't tested it.

The +% matk effect on pin is almost certainly a standard +% matk bonus, treated like any other +% matk effect.

Ok, thanks so much for the clarification. I have a +12 set and I will be testing it out soon when I made some bombs (rofl no potter)

#121 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

It doesn't do that on iRO.

On iRO it's something uninteresting on Renewal, if it's available at all. On Classic, it can be overupgraded to give an int boost I think. But no +9%atk/matk.

Posted Image

#122 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Posted Image

Woah, okay, so maybe it does have that effect on iRO. Was this actually available in quantity, or is that from winning some special event? I thought i'd know if something with an ability like that was made available.

#123 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Probably a Quest Hat! Now the thing is to know if it is account bound or tradeable, so we can get one.

#124 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Sad to say but this is account bound, and you can get it for 200 price medals on the school day event thingy.

#125 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Holy crap, I wish I'd known about that when the event was in, I have thousands of prize medals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users