Merge both servers? - Page 6 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Merge both servers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#126 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

The thing everyone is forgetting is that it will never happen haha. Just ask Leonis in a PM, he'll tell you exactly that. Are there benefit? absolutely. Are there problems, definitely. It's a great topic, and a great thing to debate, but it's still fantasy.

That would be true IF nothing goes horribly wrong with the upcoming patch and hardware upgrade.
If the the annoying waiting and malfunctions were not fixed by then, they better consider the merge as a potential solution!

#127 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

hey I HAVE ETIQUETTE!!

#128 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Might be easier to just offer 50k im points to all draco players if they move to leonis then shut draco. Then there would be lots of rich noobs running about

#129 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Might be easier to just offer 50k im points to all draco players if they move to leonis then shut draco. Then there would be lots of rich noobs running about

Its the other way around actually. leonis is usually the unstable one of the two.

#130 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yep, that and 50k IM points is way more than anyone would really need to restart lol.

#131 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Private* Messages are meant exactly as the name describes. to be private. If you're curious, ask him to post his answer here.

#132 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

As a player, I really expect some knowledge exchange , new circle of friends, and trade opportunity when it comes to Server Merging. Instead, many of those from Leonis here are looking forward to prove themselves superior than those in Draconis. IMO, that is the most pointless thing you can do in. You might as well take a walk down AP and show the newbies there how you can kill Mini Jelly Beans in 10,000 different ways, all in just One-Shot.

If you think Leonis is that good and formidable.... then come to Draconis. Don't ask Draconis players to go over to Leonis , it doesnt make sense. If the price in Leonis are higher than in Drac, and if you are the better player there, then by all means. You can manage yourself just fine here. Prove you can level more efficiently, gather desired gears, and pvp like a man. Asking Draconis players to go over Leonis is just your excuse of being a coward. Mind you, 70% of Draconis players dont even know there is a Forum. So dont show your muscle here.

Its a sad case. While Most Draconis players are still curious and doing their best in leveling, quest, farming... the other server which should have provided them with necessary knowledge actually seek to overpower them in the most pathetic way.

This is one thing Leonis server will never have better than Draconis. " Gamers Etiquette"

But what about the mindless Pkers at DOD Draconis? at the chem site hehehe. Chem Wars is coming.

#133 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

You talk about a "chem war" in draconis? I just looked at your gem prices, 18m for a R7? 10m for an o7?? You're fighting over chems that are what, 10k? ... please. Leo chems are at 20k and thats an all-time LOW price. only 4 months ago they were 30-40k a chem.. and we Leo players don't even need to "war" over chems.

#134 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

10k isn't even buy price for chems on Drac, they've dropped recently but they're still averaging 16k. I'm not really sure what a chem war even is, the bloody things drop everywhere at every level, it's not like there is one place better to get them. DoD does drop a fair few but there are other places that drop just as well. Just sounds like a reason for people to be jerks in DoD to me lol.

I've never been a fan of that map and honestly it bugs me a little that it's the only suitable levelling place in that level range. I'd be fine if there were some limitation, but sitting on my little level 100 arti yesterday some jerk obviously in the 200 range 2 shots me and runs off, no reason for him to be there at all, just being an idiot. If it were someone my range, hey such is life, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about what happened, I can't heal, I couldn't hit him if I tried. Seriously what's the point or the challenge?

#135 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

You talk about a "chem war" in draconis? I just looked at your gem prices, 18m for a R7? 10m for an o7?? You're fighting over chems that are what, 10k? ... please. Leo chems are at 20k and thats an all-time LOW price. only 4 months ago they were 30-40k a chem.. and we Leo players don't even need to "war" over chems.

I am one of the few Farmers left in Draco, I am one of the new ones. The others dont farm chems. I get Pked to death lolz. I don't know why they single me out probably because I am the weakest in the bunch, Other players have already quit because they cant get into the markets for some Hunting Kings for epics is too tedious so they farm chems at DoD to sell but they get Pked to eternity.

#136 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I am one of the few Farmers left in Draco, I am one of the new ones. The others dont farm chems. I get Pked to death lolz. I don't know why they single me out probably because I am the weakest in the bunch, Other players have already quit because they cant get into the markets for some Hunting Kings for epics is too tedious so they farm chems at DoD to sell but they get Pked to eternity.

Strange, I didn't find DoD that bad on Draconis with my main. Last time I was there I was just wandering around looking to see if anything was green anymore but even when I was the appropriate level (and I levelled there from when the lowest mobs were pink) I didn't get bothered. In fact I think I only got pked once. I wonder if it's a time zone thing?

#137 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Its a time zone thing and they only choose who they want to PK, its like a mind game as well they PK you over and over again until you quit the game. They usually choose one Player at a time to pk. I have a friend who already quit because of that no way to earn money so no way to fight them.

#138 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Leo hasn't asnwered yet :[

#139 TooCool4You

TooCool4You

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationLewiston,ID
  • Server:ARUANIANS

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

oh well closed this topic pls :P hahaha

#140 DarkKnightSlayer

DarkKnightSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I would personally like to see the servers merged / go back to having a couple channels because I do like to play with more people but I would first like to see performance upgrades and core game play improved (major bugs that players have had to "get use to." I really do hope that the economy gets better too. One thing I think would be good is if GM's logged in at some points and sold players the item mall items they are looking to buy and them taking and burning the zulie gained. I was able to get 500 million zulie on less than 10 bucks just selling item mall items to people.

#141 DVNT2

DVNT2

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Not even possible with the current software unless they've made absolutely huge changes. The "servers" use their own databases and create their own instances of maps. I can't even begin to imagine what a huge headache this would be. This is one of those cases where less is actually more, as in a lot more work. Merging the entire servers together would be easier unfortunately.

I can envision a way they could do it without risk. Have a 3rd server with just a daily or weekly copy from the existing two servers. As part of that copy job the character names gets a D- or L- added to it based on the server they are from. To be clear, the changes made on the 3rd server never get replicated back to the original servers.The 3rd server would exist to allow the cross-server PvP fun.

Btw, how have you been Calder12? It has been quite a while since we talked.

#142 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

As a third server it would be doable yes, I was just meaning trying to do it as the current servers. I'm well sir, and yourself? Things have turned around for me a touch since the last time we spoke thankfully. I hope life is going well for you and Mrs. DVNT lol.

#143 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

The break down..

1: Two servers [hardware]
- a: Each running the following.
2: Log in application
- used to take in info, check against existing accounts + passwords saved in a database table.
3: Character selection
- Client asks server upon log in, which characters and info to display, this qeuery pulls the info of character from the static info saved in the character database table [which is separate from the account table].
4: World application.
- This is the major application, it pulls the info selected from the character table, and holds it as static information while running the systems of the world server. The world server has several tables, all seperate / unique from each other. Consisting of NPC info, Quest info, Map info, Items of all types etc.

Merging the "servers" would consist of the following.

1:Taking the Leonis & Draconis character database table, and appending them with something like an identifier, be it L & D or what not. After that edit has been made, The tables may be condensed into 1 table. without discrepensy on name duplicates.
2: Taking the character table again, and appending the character ID's with an injection to add a "1-" for leonis and a "2-" for Draconis. This prevents the server from getting duplicate results while pulling characters on an ID qeuery.
3: Performing the same injection method on the item database table, that does the same appending to the "item owner ID" row, preventing the server from getting duplicates on the request of items, based on owner ID requests from the client / server.
4: Remove the log in server application, and world server application from Draconis server. Draconis is now ready to be shut down. As the data has been merged, and should no longer require any modifications, based on characters, ID's and item databases.
5: Storage. All items from Draconis storage, should be edited to a new ID slot for a temporary storage feature. Similar to an IM storage, but cannot ever have items placed into it. Only removed. This prevents storage issues with full storage, for storage slot ID's that are currently occupied.

6: Server is ready to be ran.

Issues that were corrected.

Duplicate char names.
Duplicate character ID's
Duplicate item owner ID's
Duplicate storage slot ID's that are filled.

Merging a server, is work yes, but it's a simple procedure that if followed correctly, will not produce errors..

But like I said, it's still only a fantasy.

#144 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

I made a really nice big post, about how to merge the servers, and the exact steps needed. Unfortunately, certain moderators feel it is not necessary to read through big posts for approval, and only approve the ones they can glance at and slightly* understand. So, until they approve my post, you'll all go on imagining that a server merge is a big complicated unsightly process, when in fact it is not.

#145 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Who said the actual process was difficult?

#146 DVNT2

DVNT2

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Feuer, if you were referring to me then please undestand I am not suggesting that creating a SQL jobs is a big complicated process. In fact, I have adequate knowledge in SQL and even the Rose server application to undertand exacly what it would take.

#147 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I say... merge both server, more players more exciting gameplay like the old days.

#148 soinsidious@gmail.com

soinsidious@gmail.com

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Irose was just great.
Then someone decided to get greedy and split it all up into different country licensed publishers, all of them with an IP ban to keep the players from migrating out of their licensed areas.
They failed because there were no fresh injections to the games to keep it fresh and exciting.
Then someone saw how private rose servers were doing better keeping it F2P and making money off the item mall instead of subscriptions.

This is just my opinion, but keeping the community divided is a bad idea.
I'm all for a merge.

#149 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

This discussion is for our servers, not the multiple servers owned and operated by different companies throughout the world.

#150 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

IP restriction doesn't apply to the NA servers. Any country [to my knowledge] may connect to our server. The only exception may be Japan. But even if they COULD play on our, they most definitely wouldn't, as their server is the #1 ROSE service to date. Massive updates, content, and IM regularly to their client. While ours get a veritable thumb twiddle.

And no DVNT2 I wasn't responding to you at all, that was a general statement more-so aimed at the moderators needing to approve a significantly large post I made, detailing how EASY it is to merge the servers. It's not always about you bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users