Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#76 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Put up a poll on the forum's for big updates, and let people vote to see if they want it implemented in-game or not . :thumb2:

#77 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Put up a poll on the forum's for big updates, and let people vote to see if they want it implemented in-game or not . :thumb2:

That would make this a democracy, which it clearly isn't.

I just got done play a few CDs, in which 6/10 players quit because the cleric couldn't handle the GA. With this new update that would mean I would have just wasted an hour of my time, to get man handled in a GA. Which would be impossible for my team to have won.

Edited by TheRealSporadic, 26 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#78 Indow

Indow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAman
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Guild Wars 2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Pay2Play2Win lol

This game now makes me think of those crappy iOS games. They're funny for 5 minutes until you find out 95% of the content is pretty muck locked unless you pay for it..

Edited by Indow, 26 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#79 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

This bug has been addressed several times, why it keeps occurring I do not know and it will have to be looked at again to see why it is happening still. If a fix can be found before maintenance, it will be implemented, otherwise look for it in a future patch note.

Let me know when you know *Crosses fingers for today*

#80 eBuddy

eBuddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

How long will this maint be?

#81 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

That would make this a democracy, which it clearly isn't.

I just got done play a few CDs, in which 6/10 players quit because the cleric couldn't handle the GA. With this new update that would mean I would have just wasted an hour of my time, to get man handled in a GA. Which would be impossible for my team to have won.

^ This is very true he has a point, I was there for that game I think lol Well it was like that for the past 3-4 hours tbh.

#82 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Coding time for me brawzzzzz

#83 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

They really need to think about these updates before implementing them. By having Draconis Peaks as a Premium-only GA, plus a 1-hour cooldown on PVP Game Arena for non-Premium members, PVP will be a complete nuisance to get in to. Honestly, you're now destroying the only thing this game has for end-game content, and you're not taking community feedback regarding it whatsoever.

We asked for a lower time limit for dungeons; not PVP.

Edited by ChXaXin, 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#84 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just a reminder Draconis Peaks is only a Premium early access and will be available to all later on, I don't know when though :x

#85 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just a reminder Draconis Peaks is only a Premium early access and will be available to all later on, I don't know when though :x

AKA Buy Premium accounts now.

#86 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I know that, but until it becomes a non-Premium PVP, we'll not be able to get into a match.

#87 BluePlasma

BluePlasma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCadada

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

The time limit between dungeons seems fine since you can enter the same on multiple times a day, but the pvp one is kind of inconvenient. Since these modes need a population to activate, limiting the time between them limits them for everyone, even premium users. Now especially, since there are going to be two modes, they are going to compete with eachother. Crystal Defenders will die out for a while. Not only because Draconis Peaks is new, but if both modes are on the same timer everyone is just going flock to the one everyone else is playing.

I agree, during week days I rarely see a crystal defender game begin...

#88 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

s> honor binds 100m each GG

#89 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Talk about Fixing the economy. Now you put 1hour cool downs on PvP? You people must be really begging people to get premium.
I don't agree with this thing it will just make the Honor gears and what not more expensive.

1hour Cool down. "Oh my God"///

#90 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

LOL, I am sorry, but I have to laugh. When they limited dungeons, and we pvmers complained, what we got was, " well they do that in a lot of other mmos, so deal with it. Now they limit you, and I see crying and ragequit threats. LOOL. Most MMO's I have played, don't have constantly running pvp instances. They run for a certain period of time, then end. Oh well, now the shoe is on the other foot. Thank you GMs for leveling the playing field some.

#91 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Seems the pvpers atleast let others feel good for feeling screwed.

#92 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Pam, when we had UW nobody complained we had to wait 2 hours. You know why? Because at least those wars would actually happen for sure, because we didn't have to hope 2 clerics signed up otherwise it wouldn't start, and because the break in-between 2 wars gave us time to enjoy the TG wars, which were pretty frequent back then.

Now, we have no UW, non premium users won't be able to do DP for now, and god knows how long they're going to have to wait before a crystal defenders game actually happens, just to end up in a team where 50% of the players went afk out of boredom, because they queued up 1 hour and a half earlier.

Plus, and this is not a discriminating comment, PvP > PvM...it's a fact.

#93 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Sorry Graz, you know I like you, and that was NOT directed at you. I do empathize, but yet I have to laugh some.

#94 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Pam, when we had UW nobody complained we had to wait 2 hours. You know why? Because at least those wars would actually happen for sure, because we didn't have to hope 2 clerics signed up otherwise it wouldn't start, and because the break in-between 2 wars gave us time to enjoy the TG wars, which were pretty frequent back then.

Now, we have no UW, non premium users won't be able to do DP for now, and god knows how long they're going to have to wait before a crystal defenders game actually happens, just to end up in a team where 50% of the players went afk out of boredom, because they queued up 1 hour and a half earlier.

Plus, and this is not a discriminating comment, PvP > PvM...it's a fact.

I agree with a lot of this. I had to give up trying to do dungeons so many times, cause we couldn't find enough people to go. They all had done their dungeons already, so we couldn't go at all. Now the pvpers will have the same unfortunate situation to go through. Although at least the timer resets will be in IM. When dungeons were once a day, they were once a day period. If you dced, or got kicked cause the group ldr didn't like you, your attempt was done.

And for the record, PVM > PVP any day. <3

Love you! :heh:

#95 Morumasa

Morumasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Really GG, I was quitting tomorrow already but this haha well sorry but imo you guys are screwing up the game even more than it was..
And I'm not the only one who said that.

Altough all the new itemmall stuff if cool, but spending your time on demolish people their builds, gameplay, techniques, etc is not fun however free stat & skill reset isn't going to fix anything. I mean c'mon no stuns on raiders.. I tought somewhere on www.playroseonline.com it stated that raiders are there to do high critical damage, and as I'm correct a critical hit will make a player do a certain animation which will delay the user to move to somewhere. so you could see the critical hits as stuns..

But yeah I can keep going on like this for hours, but yet I'm going to quit the game and play another game until the skill have been 'Rebalanced' in the way 90% of the community agrees with

jeez dont you understand that was just a testing? that means they are "STILL" working on it, we dont know if there will be or will not be stuns......

Edited by Morumasa, 26 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#96 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Because at least those wars would actually happen for sure

Towards the end of Union War's lifespan before its removal, the majority of games only started "for sure" because of the inflated numbers that came from level 10X characters and duplicate sign ups, not from active players.

we didn't have to hope 2 clerics signed up otherwise it wouldn't start

The cleric requirements can be removed, but is that what the community really wants? It's taken a year of continuous feedback (from the community!) to get team composition where it is today, where clerics are distributed equally between teams, and ensuring that each team has at least one cleric to even the playing field.

Edited by Genesis, 26 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#97 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

back in uw we could bring our own clerics to buff ourself so we didnt have to worry about a cleric.
CD happens in random, not on specific times, that would help, so ppl know when to stay behind their keyboard, thats already an issue for players being afk cause of the long waiting time sometimes, this only gonnna be worse when u have to wait an eternity cause half cannot resign because they dont have premium.

#98 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Towards the end of Union War's lifespan before its removal, the majority of games only started "for sure" because of the inflated numbers that came from level 10X characters and duplicate sign ups, not from active players.

The cleric requirements can be removed, but is that what the community really wants? It's taken a year of continuous feedback (from the community!) to get team composition where it is today, where clerics are distributed equally between teams, and ensuring that each team has at least one cleric to even the playing field.

I know about the points farmers in UW that did nothing, and I was partly glad when it was removed. The other part was sad because, instead of removing it completely, it could have been fixed and we wouldn't have had to give up such an enjoyable game like UW.

But now we're quickly heading to the opposite side, where games rarely happen and points are extremely hard to get. Which, will even more push people to use the aoe\ranged characters in order to deal more damage and get more points.

The Crystal Defenders game already took some time to start before this change, from time to time, because it missed a cleric, but we could deal with it. As soon as after this maintenance people will start waiting hours for a single CD game, you'll get my point, with the same problem we had before, plus the fact that that cleric that could and would make the game start has a stupid timer and can't queue for it.

#99 TylerM32

TylerM32

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Well, I would argue with all you guys but my account was hacked and it seems my things wont be returned. I would have probably purchased a premium account too, just because of the mere fact that I am impatient and dont want to wait around for CDs to begin (Although it takes a while already). One thing that bothers me about the update is that now, Its going to take a LONG time to get a CD to start, even though sometimes it does already. And what if you wait all that time, and you miss it and you miss the start, well then, yeah you know. Not only that, but now this egg nonsence too will slow it down even more. I can see this being a waiting game.

And then, picture this.... Waiting ALL that time and then getting one the team that the cleric DCs and you get ROLLED by the other team, you end up with a single point and then you got to wait another hour (minimum) to play. That would get me pretty pissed.

#100 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

If this is going to get implemented I suggest enabling buff pots and food in these PvP-instances but here is the catch since food is enabled, red-pots and other instant hp recovery items are disabled (i.e. red pots, union hp pots etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users