Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

And then, picture this.... Waiting ALL that time and then getting one the team that the cleric DCs and you get ROLLED by the other team, you end up with a single point and then you got to wait another hour (minimum) to play. That would get me pretty pissed.

YOU ARE A GENIUS, Time to troll some CDs

#102 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

YOU ARE A GENIUS, Time to troll some CDs

You don't even have to pretend dc either--COMCAST WILL EAT YOU

#103 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

SCAPEGOAT WOOT WOOT

#104 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Now, we have no UW, non premium users won't be able to do DP for now, and god knows how long they're going to have to wait before a crystal defenders game actually happens, just to end up in a team where 50% of the players went afk out of boredom, because they queued up 1 hour and a half earlier.

Absolutely, I can't queue and be 100% sure I am there 2 hours later IF a CD begins. Give it a few days, I expect ALOT of AFK. I also expect alot of unhappy premium users, because if 20 of you... and atleast 2 clerics don't queue (which is almost a certainty it doesn't happen) you are also waiting the hour for the rest of us.

Enjoy your daily boxes, because you'll be waiting an hour for GA ;)

Edited by jagz, 26 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#105 suzyQ123

suzyQ123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

i am glad to see finally something is happening for those of us who like the PVE aspect of the game. its about time :)

as far as there not hardly being enough people to do CD, if they hadnt added the ip restrictions there would be a lot more people wanting to do those. i have seen many posts from familes who played UW, my family was one of these, but when CD came out they were pushed aside simply because of the ip restrictions (im guessing these were implemented due to the fact that they couldnt control the leeching problem).

there have been many things that used to be free in this game but now have to be bought, starting way back with cleric party buffs. thats just the way it is. accept it and pay or find some other game that appeals more to your taste.

i see these rage and quit posts all the time, and guess what? those people are right back in the game playing as they always were so i dont think that will be any problem.

i like the new update and as someone had posted earlier, you can still have fun without spending $1 on this game. its all about how you spend your time. no one is forcing anyone to pay for anything. i, however, spend lots of money in the item mall every month and have no problem with it at all. its my way of helping to keep a game i have loved since beta alive.

the persons who run this game and make these decisions unfortunately cant please everyone and im sure they are doing the best they can to keep both PVP and PVE people happy. the PVE people in this game have been waiting patiently and finally our wait has paid off a little :).

so you cant stay in CD every moment you are on? big deal get over it, go read a book or something while you wait for the next time to sign up.

Again thanks so very much for the PVE updates. there are a lot more of us than people think, just because we dont stay on the forums and troll all day about it doesnt mean we dont exist :P

#106 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

We are all pissed off this this GA timer was added. We've all beaten this dead horse multiple times; therefore, it's time to take a break from Rose. When they notice the game completely dead, they'll eventually get the idea that it was terrible to implement it into the game. Our actions will speak louder than our words. Take a break, then come back once change has been made.

#107 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Just a FYI...Love Draconis peaks. It was so much fun especially since we had no idea what we were doing. Too bad another couldn't start since there were not enough people. Hope this works out soon and enough get premium or you change it so all can do it.

A few notes:
This map is a good size, which is good. But if the game gets going more often then this map would be a lot of fun with more people. Maybe a group of 10 with 15 max.

The object of the game, getting 10 eggs on your side to win, ...good idea but very few understood it.

The footprint of the dragon is really big.

Have to not let scouts and raiders cloak when they are carrying the eggs.

The mspd buff crystals are great.

All in all fun but can't give other comments since only was able to do it once.

#108 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Egg holders should not be able to cloak or even skill/attack x.x

#109 mrk0213

mrk0213

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I sill can't see the benefits of being a prem user if others are not, still going to wait 1hr for the none prem to start cd.. Trololol

#110 Jastrin

Jastrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

just remove the 1hr cooldown on pvps, please developers!

#111 Jastrin

Jastrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

in other words.. Premium users are now GameMasters!

#112 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

3 hours for 24 honor points and still waiting for a quene with 13 ppl in it. Everytime I joined there was a noob cleric on are side then the only good cleric would quit. Kinda sucks cause I used to do CD all day long, now it takes all day to play once xD

Also I agree with Bendersmom on all those points, was a good game but our cleric d/ced at the beginning and only 1 game ever started that I know of, still 4 ppl in quene for the past like 3-4 hours lol. Something needs to be done for sure.

Edit: We got ganged by a group with 2 good clerics and got steam rolled. Very disappointing

Edited by XxMetalFlamexX, 26 February 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#113 uchups

uchups

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

3 hours for 24 honor points and still waiting for a quene with 13 ppl in it. Everytime I joined there was a noob cleric on are side then the only good cleric would quit. Kinda sucks cause I used to do CD all day long, now it takes all day to play once xD

Also I agree with Bendersmom on all those points, was a good game but our cleric d/ced at the beginning and only 1 game ever started that I know of, still 4 ppl in quene for the past like 3-4 hours lol. Something needs to be done for sure.

Edit: We got ganged by a group with 2 good clerics and got steam rolled. Very disappointing

Here's what GM didnt think about.. if you get bad team you just have to wait 1 hour .. good luck

#114 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Here's what GM didnt think about.. if you get bad team you just have to wait more than 1 hour .. good luck

*Fixed.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#115 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Like I've said many times, there is already alot of money spent by nearly all of the CD regulars. Most of the time you get an IM Buff cleric (who also has defense passive, mspeed passive... 2800 IM points spent) but sometimes you get a non-IM buff cleric.. The game is already lost. Then you proceed to wait numerous hours more, and very likely run into the same cleric incapable of supporting your team.

Listen, I'm not trying to be negative.. but when a game is no longer fun.. you don't play it.

I hope they come around and atleast realize their PVP mistake.

#116 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

http://forums.warppo...es/page__st__25

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN (NOT THAT THEY HAVENT ALREADY IN THIS THREAD)

READ CAREFULLY LEONIS

#117 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think that making the first week of Draconis Peaks open for all and open anytime would have enticed more people to sign up for premium then doing it this way. Just my opinion but how can you miss what you never had. If they had opened Draconis Peaks to everyone and gotten people hooked, and announced that it would be open for one week to all, then closed for a month to just Premium, more people would have signed up for Premium to play it.

While it was fun to play the one time I did, I do not see the small population being able to be split well between 2 PVP maps. Don't get me wrong, I love that new games are being added and I thought DP was a lot of fun. But many here are right, a lot of times CD doesn't go for a few hours, or you see 36 signed up and it is not going (either due to no clerics or messed up big group sign up). I guess we need to give it some time to sort out and see how it goes. Then report back to the Devs and let them know the reality of how often the games are going and all.

They have listened in the past, and I am sure if this is not working out they will modify things. Give it a few days and see. The report back here what the specific problems are.

#118 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

@Leonis, Let us set aside what they said that you are forcing us to pay to play GA. The problem with the time allowance are the following:
1. Population isn't enough to start a game if most players are cooling down their PvP-GA
2. Unbalanced team will piss you off after waiting half a day of queuing
3. Not everyone plays the game 24/7. Some plays 1 to 2 hours. Back then when there was no timer, they can play 2 to 3 games, now only one sucky game.
4. And more...

So if it doesn't really force us to buy cooldown reset, then GA will definitely die. Might as well remove it and increase level cap. We'd rather level and explore new places.

#119 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

@Leonis, Let us set aside what they said that you are forcing us to pay to play GA. The problem with the time allowance are the following:
1. Population isn't enough to start a game if most players are cooling down their PvP-GA
2. Unbalanced team will piss you off after waiting half a day of queuing
3. Not everyone plays the game 24/7. Some plays 1 to 2 hours. Back then when there was no timer, they can play 2 to 3 games, now only one sucky game.
4. And more...

So if it doesn't really force us to buy cooldown reset, then GA will definitely die. Might as well remove it and increase level cap. We'd rather level and explore new places.

Increase level cap? Why would you do that? What new places are you talking about? I haven't heard/seen any.

#120 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

they should remove grouping function from GA and just randomly assigned players to attacking n defending team. You see alot of clan ganging up n making GA imbalance....

#121 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

they should remove grouping function from GA and just randomly assigned players to attacking n defending team. You see alot of clan ganging up n making GA imbalance....

No.

#122 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

You guys did a great thing by developing Draconis Peaks. The one time that it went we all had fun. It is a real shame that something new and fun is not even being played. The community waited through all the problems with the servers, etc. with the promise of new content to come...just be patient we were told. We were patient (kind of) and now the new game is here and no one can play it. So while doing something great, you are shooting yourselves in the foot. How can you even test Draconis Peaks when it won't even go?

I completely understand the need for Gravity wanting to get money out of the game, and I am actually for some things to be exclusive to Premium Players. I think that at first maybe making Premium more worthwhile like the changes to the daily boxes is good. Maybe exclusive costumes for Premium Players, the fact that you can do unlimited Dungeons and GA is good, and maybe a few more things. But at this point people are mad and getting madder. You introduce new content but make it exclusive, and no one even knows if DP is fun or or worth the price of premium. You have made people angry and a lot in game are saying they will not get Premium because they are mad. People are shouting for people to Boycott Premium. I think the plan backfired.

Open Draconis Peaks for all. Then in the future make an exclusive area, game, etc for premium players and announce it. Maybe with more updates, as you described in the Developers Notes, people will not be as upset, but with updated content so far and few between you can understand why people are angry. The change for the dungeons is great, people can do more dungeons. The changes for PVP games is horrible. We had enough trouble getting CDs to go sometimes, but at least they were going and on weekends 2 at a time were usually going. Now CDs happen every 1-2 hours and DP only went once on each server. Don't lower the amount of people per side, right now 7 per side makes for a tough game, and in DP less than 7 players will make the game horrible. Instead, take the limits off of the PVP games and open DP for all.

#123 fear

fear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHere There and Everywhere

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

im a premium member and what sucks is nobody is even doing this new content.

#124 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Are you FearlessFo ingame?

#125 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

I signed up for Premium just so I could play DP. I got in the first one and have not seen it go again. So now my premium is wasted...oh wait, I get to use my storage now and I got a box with a Jewel 1 box (sarcasm)! Sorry, but I just want to play DP and have some fun with new content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users