Patch Notes - v458 - Page 12 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes - v458

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#276 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

If experience rate is divided to party numbers, then it should still be equal. However if you mean bonus experience is divided to party numbers, then that's what the little exp non-killers gain.

IF SO, this kind of party system sucks. Back in old, old form of ROSE, party experience is always equally divided (if not distributed by level). For example, if player A kills a mob alone, he gets 100k. However if player B joins his party, any mob killed by player A gives him 50k + bonus and player B 50k + bonus. Same as when player B kills.

Now, this is a ruined/changed system.

The only problem I see with the old party experience is, everytime a player is added into the party, exp increases instead of being equally divided as how illustrated above regard old form of party system.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 02 March 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#277 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

You don't need to remove sacri. Just add damage to it so it won't be abused for lower levels.

But it will be abused by high lvl champs\knights who will find themselves an extra aoe to use?

#278 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

well leonis i have a character of every job and i wont say there skill's is overpowered,maybe it is in PVP but am not doing that,i dont ether have +15 honor items so it wont make that impact ether on my skills as i see it on the skills right now thay are perfectly fine as thay are the only thing is that some of the jobs just need an aoe for party use thats all it needs, other the that its all fine if you ask me oh and would be nice whit more stuff to craft :) btw when it come to crafting its little bit sad to see that the crafting % is lvl based and not con based as it was before

i guess many players now thinking wow MaxMan dont have honor items and his one of the oldest players in the game (i have bin here from narose day 1 or so ) so yea its funny but thats how it is when your not a player that do pvp at all :)

#279 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Why it took so long, to be honest, because it wasn't known. And I'm not quite so sure about it having been 3 years. However, it is not reverting, it is correcting the multiplier that was mistakenly placed, instead of just a divisor.

It is indeed more than 3 years:

Orlo: Chapter 1 - Patch Notes *System Changes* - v253 (12.22.09)
Calanor [Community Manager] - 12/22/2009 6:51 PM PST

Monster Stats Changes

Posted Image Basic Monsters
No changes were made to this class of monster

Posted Image Guards
HP and Flee were slightly reduced while DEF and MDEF were increased significantly. A minor increase to Accuracy was also added.

Posted Image Fighters
MDEF was slightly reduced. HP, Accuracy, and DEF were increased slightly.

Posted Image Warriors
HP and MDEF were slightly reduced while DEF and Flee were slightly increased. Accuracy was also increased.

Posted Image Rangers
HP was slightly reduced. DEF and MDEF were significantly reduced while Accuracy and Flee were greatly increased.

Posted Image Hunters
HP was slightly reduced. MDEF was significantly reduced. Accuracy and Flee were greatly increased.

Posted Image Magicians
HP was slightly reduced. DEF and Flee was significantly reduced. ATK and MDEF were greatly increased.

Posted Image Leaders
HP was slightly reduced. ATK was slightly increased while Accuracy and Flee were significantly increased.

Posted Image Captains
HP and ATK were significantly increased. Accuracy and Flee were greatly increased.

Posted Image Sub-Boss
HP was greatly reduced. ATK and MDEF were significantly increased. Accuracy, DEF, and Flee were greatly increased.

Posted Image King / Boss
HP was greatly reduced. ATK, Accuracy, DEF, MDEF, and Flee were greatly increased.

Posted Image Elites
HP and ATK were greatly reduced. Accuracy and Flee were greatly increased.

Status Points & Affects

Strength: Increases Maximum HP, Physical Defense and Carry Weight. It also influences physical melee weapons such as swords, maces and spears.

Dexterity: Increases dodge and influences Bow, Knuckle and Dual weapon types.

Intelligence: Increases Maximum MP, Magic Defense, Magic Based weapons such as Staffs and Wands.

Concentration: Increases Attack Accuracy, Crafting Success and Range Weapons attack power.

Charm: Influences quality of drops and NPC interaction

Sense: Influences Critical rates, the quality of crafted items and attack power for all weapons by a small amount. In PvP it will help reduce receiving a critical attack.

Party System Changes

- Party Invite no longer restricted to player level range
..... - Partys can contain any character from level 1 through 210 (Max Party Size: 6)
- Party EXP Share can be enabled when all members of the party share no greater of a 20 level difference
- EXP yield increases as the party levels are increased
- EXP Share rates increased for partys (ie: the more people in party the more exp yield is possible)

The question is: where have you devs been sleeping all this time?
And: are you devs really playing the game like you say you do?
And also: is there actually somebody at Gravity even reading your forums (where all players have been explaining to newbies / returning players, since December 2009, that the party system was like that)?
And more frightening: are there other unintended bugs that could be fixed even though we the community have no idea they are bugs?

#280 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is that dang timer going to be taken off? So many people standing around in a funk or not even bothering to log in.

#281 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I just trosed..I was the only cleric on my team and can't get back in. Sucks to be them I guess? I trose a lot in ga when I die too much.. I know I'm not the only one..so this kind of blows. So now I'm frustrated because I let an entire team down because I can't just relog and get back in. Now they are without cleric.

#282 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

*pets teh Moldie queen* there there

#283 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

It killed off the people who want everything handed to them. Which I'm greatful for hah

#284 Kenzz23

Kenzz23

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

if you mean sacrificing my whole day to get 4 levels? nah.

#285 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Usual leveling maps are empty.

Where are those "New players will flood early maps longer and stimulate new low end economy " like some "Professor" here once said?

Leonis, You mentioned that ultimately it all comes down to if you guys managed to reach your goal with this new patch. You probably expected all this backlashes, but the goal, is this what you all want to accomplish ?

Enough said.

#286 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

The idea that you didn't know for three years does support the belief that nobody plays rose in gravity offices. The denial that item mall causes inflation is stunning with the prices so silly in shops people are forced to buy item mall which I am sure gets the profit mongers smiling. Draconus peaks was the good news in update quickly spoiled buy the premium account plays it first and the timer for cd I think timer for dungeon was better than what we had but then with your pie and puke approach u nerf party exp well u really nerf partying . Its not so usual to see full parties these days, so lack of people means small parties which are now a waste of time, the best thing u could do is to scrub party changes and cd timer but yet again you have achieved a pretty pissed community for what?

#287 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

@Kingsbane, and why pray tell, is it ok to have timers on the dungeons, and not on CD? Let's make this game equal for everyone, and not have the pvpers being favored all the time, like they were before. We pvmers also play to have fun, support the game when we can, and deserve equal treatment.

Edited by pdfisher, 03 March 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#288 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

The pvp timers would be justified if you really DID have to wait 1 hour before the next game. But it's always a lot more than that and when it's evening for me CD takes 2h+ to start after queuing if at all. Dungeons on the other hand are SO much easier to start. All you need is 3 people. So you do end up waiting just 1h.

#289 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

@Kingsbane, and why pray tell, is it ok to have timers on the dungeons, and not on CD? Let's make this game equal for everyone, and not have the pvpers being favored all the time, like they were before. We pvmers also play to have fun, support the game when we can, and deserve equal treatment.

Yes. Before the update you could do 3 in one day, after the update you can do 24 in one day. I think that is more than ok.

Edited by Gojio, 03 March 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#290 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

The pvp timers would be justified if you really DID have to wait 1 hour before the next game. But it's always a lot more than that and when it's evening for me CD takes 2h+ to start after queuing if at all. Dungeons on the other hand are SO much easier to start. All you need is 3 people. So you do end up waiting just 1h.

You, apparently, have never tried to do Halls of Oblivion, or Sea of Dawn, with just three people. I suggest you try it, then get back to me. Kthxbye.

Yes. Before the update you could do 3 in one day, after the update you can do 24 in one day. I think that is more than ok.

That may be, but while we could only do three dungeons/day, you could do unlimited CDs. This was just wrong. I am glad I can do more dungeons now as a non-premium, and I do understand your grievances. I am not necessarily saying to leave the timers, all I am asking, is that they keep it equal for both pvmers and pvpers. We pvmers would like to feel like we are a valuable part of the game too.

Edited by pdfisher, 03 March 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#291 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Rose would stay alive if the Dungeons were, let's say, completely removed.

However, Rose would NOT stay alive if Crystal Defenders was completely removed.

So yeah, the PvP side of this game is more important. And if we want to be finicky about the CD\Dungeons per day, now it's 24 dungeons per day, and you don't have to wait for 20 more players to queue and hope 2-4 of them are clerics. You just ask a handful of clanies and play it, no problems.

Now how many CDs happen a day? 6? 8? 10 maybe?

Let's be equal.

#292 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Yeah I had CoU in mind. No need to get sassy. But I'd say making a group of 5 is easier than 2 groups of 10. No matter what you say dungeons are way easier to start than CD.

#293 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

No they're not lol. You have a 4 person team in dungeons. You have 10 in cd. If people can set up 10 on 10 in tg for wars, they can set up a 10 person team.

If you all want to be mad at anyone be mad at me, I recommended a timer for both modes be 1 hour to encourage more dungeons, give unlimited access to them for all players etc. You tired of waiting for cd timer, buy a consumable or premium. Or play a dungeon. There is other way about it.

#294 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'm not buying premium so long as I'm really unhappy with the game. I won't be bullied into spending my money.

TG wars are not planned most of the time. Its not like we ask our enemy clans if they want to get their clanmates on at a certain hour..Its whoever is on is who shows. And there are plenty who will come for a tg war that won't come for CD because they don't like it as much..

In a dungeon, if you need one more person you can always ask a clannie to afk there for you..And it doesn't kill you so long as you have the core players.. On the CD, you can't ask anyone to afk for you because it effects the whole team.

#295 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

@leonis, check on my warp portal account. I"ve spent nearly a thousand dollars since I played rose. That's why I never farm nor trading to earn my Zuliie. Because its easy to make Zuliie that way. Just buy IM and sell it to get Zuliie ( off course this cost the inflation ) so, I"ll have to disagree with your statement saying "IM have nothing to do with the economy " but I never complaining about spending money on the game , because I know the developers somehow need money to maintain the servers or whatsoever, all I'm asking is please don"t ruin the fun of the game . I"ve played this rose since the first game after the irose reset back than....,some suggestion , maybe add the drop rate for the items drop such listeners, epics etc . Therefore, the market price would not be so crazy expensive . Oh almost forget, the pvp on this game is the fun part, please just remove the timer on CD , I bet they all will stop whining and complaining . Instead forcing people to pay for ,premium to get un unlimited access to pvp game arena, maybe a premium account gets some honor point bonuses lets say 50% I bet people will volunterly pay for the premium service without complaining ....

#296 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

the pvp on this game is the fun part, please just remove the timer on CD , I bet they all will stop whining and complaining . Instead forcing people to pay for ,premium to get un unlimited access to pvp game arena, maybe a premium account gets some honor point bonuses lets say 50% I bet people will volunterly pay for the premium service without complaining ....

So much truth there.

Anyway, I'm staying tuned to next patch. A little alleviation from the last patch will go a long way for the community.

Edited by jagz, 03 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#297 Faldrin

Faldrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

You, apparently, have never tried to do Halls of Oblivion, or Sea of Dawn, with just three people. I suggest you try it, then get back to me. Kthxbye.

That may be, but while we could only do three dungeons/day, you could do unlimited CDs. This was just wrong. I am glad I can do more dungeons now as a non-premium, and I do understand your grievances. I am not necessarily saying to leave the timers, all I am asking, is that they keep it equal for both pvmers and pvpers. We pvmers would like to feel like we are a valuable part of the game too.

And now what you said about previously. Before you could do only 3 dungeons a day compared to pvp being unlimited. After the patch it is obvious the tables have switched. CD your lucky to get 3. Dungeons you can get 20+ in a day. Honestly if they want to keep those players that are still left or standing by they should try this instead. No reset timer for CD. Make the dungeon timer be only 30 - 45 minutes. Now they have made both parties happy. PvMers can still knock out a great deal of dungeons while the PvPers can have larger amounts of CD battles. Having reset timer on dungeons alone would not be unfair considering the number of players needed. Also, I'm sure you wouldn't see any other people that run dungeons complaining about such a short reset timer.

If they want to make premium appealing here's an idea. Give those with premium a bonus to earning honor and valor. Instead of there only being a valor booster in the item mall. That way it appeals to both parties (pvm & pvp). Yea the gift you can redeem for some with the added 30% experience is appealing enough but for some that doesn't make it worth much.

For the party system on the other hand. I can speak from experience that currently after the patch the devs have pretty much killed that aspect of the game. I try finding parties in Ruins on a daily basis and more than two thirds of the parties that once leveled there are gone. Now you will only see parties of 2 or 3. If you see any there at all. I'd say the devs need to rethink on party experience distribution just a hair. The idea of making parties still appealing was killed when the patch came out for most classes. Another user on page 11 of this thread has a very good idea for rekindling the interest in larger parties.

#298 EyesOnMe

EyesOnMe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

sorry, i didn't even bother to read all of the wall of texts before this post but...

since the timer got implemented, it does indeed take a lot longer to start a crystal defenders game (Draconis). before, a game would take a long time to start because
1. clerics
2. people grouped together
3. not enough players queued
but now, the whole update adds these
4. not enough premium members (ofc this again, is affected by 1,2 and 3)
5. pvp mode timer
now, some people might say "well, i dont bother with crystal defenders yet well because i am still a lowbie/newbie"... wrong! why? that being pointed out, let me share you this. End-game people (maxed out, geared, most already have tons of zulies) gets bored. so they afk at towns, hang out with friends, log out... OR PK lowbie/newbie people like you! why? just to have fun. ok ok not all of the leveling spots are pk enabled maps, but come on, who doesnt go to DoD or Sikuku ruins to level up?

that, added with the recent "fix" to party exp gains, well pretty much screw the "new" players out. they get pked for fun, killed for the heck of it. will that drive the community forward? no. will that attract new players? i dont think so. you gain what? 30-40k exp killing a yellow mob? depending on your level, how much % is that? then u get killed by these people and lose exp. figure it out.

it affects the economy too, imo in a bad way. prices for honor points will go up, no doubt about it. it takes longer to farm honor points now, ofc you would want to sell those for a higher price (more time, effort, skill = more $$$). you can decide and farm it for yourself if you dont have any yet, but how? you wont definitely do fair in crystal defenders just wearing reinforced gear (if you do ever have the zulie for it) vs people geared with honor gears. epic weapon hunting? good luck (esp in ruins)

all in all, i understand the reason behind the actions they took. ofc they need revenue to keep the game going, but imo this is not the best course of actions. it could work, but we know that now that it doesnt. like with some people who posted already here, CD was the only thing driving me to go sit down and play ROSE. yeah, i have friends too and they're a big reason too why i still play ROSE more over GW2, but now, most of my friends are now playing something else because of the timers in CD. It literally killed the social life of my ROSE character.

#299 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

They'd all stop whining if they gave everyone 50 sagi stones too, but that doesn't mean its good for business or the games functions.

Edited by Feuer, 03 March 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#300 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

People whine when something free becomes limited to them, not when they want food and you stuffed salad on their mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users