• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#126 4196130101022707487

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

First off Eremes isn't a player character. He was an MVP in RO1 so if you're so intent on keeping -_- the same as RO1 then why the-_- can we talk and chill with Eremes instead of killing him? Why are cards so -_-ty compared to RO1's cards. Why are the graphics so different. Why this, why that. Do you realize how stupid you sound?

This is the game you're playing. Get used to it. Cause its not gonna revert back to RO1.

The Eremes we fight if I remember correctly were failed experiments in the Bio Labs. They were creations of what were to be "super soldier" replicas of the top warriors Midgard has ever seen. This appears to be the one they tried to replicate and has either returned from an assignment outside the kingdom or has for the first time shown his face in several hundred years. (Given the life span of demi humans has not actually been discussed in the game's time line at all.)

And as for the transformation argument... The human body is limited in every single way. That would be like Bruce saying going Hulk makes him weaker just because we see the Hulk and not Bruce himself. As an assassin we are limited by our physical body and as such to show we've surpassed limitation we meld with the shadow beast inside us, and take it's power for our own. So we become a new being that does not suffer our feeble limitations as humans. That is being "in control" of the beast within. Appearances aren't everything, it's all about what is the raging war inside. In this case you mutate but your heart, mind, and soul are fully in control of your new body. If you aren't running around just randomly punching stuff, you're in control.

#127 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

The Eremes we fight if I remember correctly were failed experiments in the Bio Labs. They were creations of what were to be "super soldier" replicas of the top warriors Midgard has ever seen. This appears to be the one they tried to replicate and has either returned from an assignment outside the kingdom or has for the first time shown his face in several hundred years. (Given the life span of demi humans has not actually been discussed in the game's time line at all.)

And as for the transformation argument... The human body is limited in every single way. That would be like Bruce saying going Hulk makes him weaker just because we see the Hulk and not Bruce himself. As an assassin we are limited by our physical body and as such to show we've surpassed limitation we meld with the shadow beast inside us, and take it's power for our own. So we become a new being that does not suffer our feeble limitations as humans. That is being "in control" of the beast within. Appearances aren't everything, it's all about what is the raging war inside. In this case you mutate but your heart, mind, and soul are fully in control of your new body. If you aren't running around just randomly punching stuff, you're in control.

Thank you, this guy put what i was trying to say in more articulate words that i didn't feel like bother finding because it should be common sense to realize this. Anyone who doesn't understand after reading ^ that, may god have mercy on you cause he sure didn't bless you with a brain.

#128 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

The human body isn't limited in anime, that's a really poor excuse. And using the Hulk? Really?

Any way you slice it, Eremes is an assassin and he is the iconic assassin for RO2. He doesn't use shadowform. We're never told when rolling Thieves that we'll spend the rest of our character's lifes only in shadowform. It isn't remotely like rolling a Druid. with a class like that, you expect to spend all of your time in an alternate form. With assassin it was the last thing I expected.

#129 neko09

neko09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

A toggle option that just removes the form entirely for those of us who don't want it, or a toggle option that gives us some little smoke waves around us..

:) I like the idea of the smoky waves... no more toggle option needed.
Just make it: doggy form --> smoky waves

#130 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

First off Eremes isn't a player character. He was an MVP in RO1 so if you're so intent on keeping -_- the same as RO1 then why the-_- can we talk and chill with Eremes instead of killing him? Why are cards so -_-ty compared to RO1's cards. Why are the graphics so different. Why this, why that. Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Well maybe if the developers thought about these questions, RO2 would be a little more successful in Korea, don't you think?

What you and others seem to think is that those of us in this thread are going to outright boycott getting Shadow Form and its associate skills entirely. Let me make it clear that I'm the only nutcase doing that, mm'kay? :ok:

Second of all, every other Assassin in RO2 is going to get Shadow Form no matter what. This thread is about changing HOW Shadow Form affects our characters. The majority of us simply want to toggle off the dumb wolf sprite. How is it fair that all the Assassin NPCs in the game get to remain perfectly human yet us Assassin players are stuck looking like a WoW rejects? How can we fully enjoy the game when we're stuck with characters that look worse than even the stupid Chonchon?

#131 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

Assassin chonchon would be pretty cool.

#132 4196130101022707487

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

The human body isn't limited in anime, that's a really poor excuse. And using the Hulk? Really?

Any way you slice it, Eremes is an assassin and he is the iconic assassin for RO2. He doesn't use shadowform. We're never told when rolling Thieves that we'll spend the rest of our character's lifes only in shadowform. It isn't remotely like rolling a Druid. with a class like that, you expect to spend all of your time in an alternate form. With assassin it was the last thing I expected.

If you have read my previous posts I have stated I am against shadow form in it's current incarnation. However when an argument is produced I play both sides of the field. I can hate it, but at the same time see it justified and I did so with examples. Not all anime has characters that go beyond limitations. Star Ocean: The Second Story was a great example of it. Claude never reached the levels of "amazing" everyone thought the Hero of Light to be despite him meeting the profile. Dragonball Z? Krillin and Yamcha hit a power cap so early it wasn't even funny. Even in Bleach Ichigo isn't fully "human" when using his transformation and is still weak as a human and relies on it for all his fighting. How many anime exactly have transformations for more power? If you wish to use anime in your argument, use it wisely and correctly sir.

#133 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

If you have read my previous posts I have stated I am against shadow form in it's current incarnation. However when an argument is produced I play both sides of the field. I can hate it, but at the same time see it justified and I did so with examples. Not all anime has characters that go beyond limitations. Star Ocean: The Second Story was a great example of it. Claude never reached the levels of "amazing" everyone thought the Hero of Light to be despite him meeting the profile. Dragonball Z? Krillin and Yamcha hit a power cap so early it wasn't even funny. Even in Bleach Ichigo isn't fully "human" when using his transformation and is still weak as a human and relies on it for all his fighting. How many anime exactly have transformations for more power? If you wish to use anime in your argument, use it wisely and correctly sir.

Sure, all of those guys use transformations, but let's look at guys who don't.

Kenpachi (Bleach)
Iruga (Ragnarok anime)
Eremes Guile (RO, RO2)
Sora (.hack//sign)
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Pretty much every single person in Rurouni Kenshin puts a gaping planet sized hole in your argument.
How about Fist of the North Star?

My point is that in anime, humans aren't by default weak and helpless. Infact it's almost always the opposite, from little children to young teens being world enders. It's a trope I don't care for, but it's a big one that's hugely prevalent in almost all types of anime.

**Nevermind that we aren't normal humans in RO2's storyline anyway. We have parts of the Heart of Ymir! We're ascended classes!

Edited by Rhint, 31 May 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#134 4196130101022707487

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Sure, all of those guys use transformations, but let's look at guys who don't.

Kenpachi (Bleach)
Iruga (Ragnarok anime)
Eremes Guile (RO, RO2)
Sora (.hack//sign)
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Pretty much every single person in Rurouni Kenshin puts a gaping planet sized hole in your argument.
How about Fist of the North Star?

My point is that in anime, humans aren't by default weak and helpless. Infact it's almost always the opposite, from little children to young teens being world enders. It's a trope I don't care for, but it's a big one that's hugely prevalent in almost all types of anime.

**Nevermind that we aren't normal humans in RO2's storyline anyway. We have parts of the Heart of Ymir! We're ascended classes!

And ascendance is going BEYOND the exception. You mention exceptions which is fine. But you seem to forget that not everything plays out one way or the other. You have people who do not use transformations but at the same time there are many who do. Using anime where your characters are NOT the main focus is flawed. Kenpachi? Really? He is a character there for yet another "growth" of the main character to ascend to another level of amazing that we didn't think possible to save the day. I'm not flat out saying it's one way or no way at all. I merely provided some evidence that your thinking of "Anime says so" was completely flawed. You proved my point and you didn't even mean to. Each creator of this stuff has their very own way of interpreting things or justifying them. We are not Eremes the amazing, and the wolf form fits on how they played out the story. Five bucks says you didn't even read the assassin story quest. Eremes gladly points out that you had taken on a parasite. Not once does he EVER tell you that all assassins have said parasite. Nor does he ever tell you that he has one in himself. But being a very experienced and masterful killer. He has slain many a mage or being that does infact use those things and he knows that to survive you have to train hard to control it. The form is given to you as a way to say, "Hey good job. You've learned to handle it."

#135 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

He says the assassins of old died trying to do it. He also tells you that you didn't master it, it's just being lenient with you because it likes you - which again suggests that you aren't the actual power in the relationship, just that the shadow were wolf unicorn is affectionate in return.

But yeah, I guess I'm the one who didn't read the story.

#136 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

In synopsis, the appearance of shadow form is a travesty. The buff is necessary, but the transformation is not. Here's to hoping we get a method of doing away with it soon(more like a year from now)!

#137 4196130101022707487

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

In synopsis, the appearance of shadow form is a travesty. The buff is necessary, but the transformation is not. Here's to hoping we get a method of doing away with it soon(more like a year from now)!

They could just possibly rename the skill making it a passive calling it "The Inner Shadow." and attach the toggle ability right by the skill to turn you into the wolf and just eliminate the need for it to be an activated skill at all. Having to jump in and out of form just to prepare for combat or to mount up and go anywhere is just unnecessary. And let us hope it doesn't take them a year to code in a simple toggle switch.

#138 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Server:Loki

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

They could just possibly rename the skill making it a passive calling it "The Inner Shadow." and attach the toggle ability right by the skill to turn you into the wolf and just eliminate the need for it to be an activated skill at all. Having to jump in and out of form just to prepare for combat or to mount up and go anywhere is just unnecessary. And let us hope it doesn't take them a year to code in a simple toggle switch.

Yes, a toggle on/off would be more than enough... It's probably the best choice. A new form might not get liked(depends on what they decide). With a toggle on/off the unicorn dog lovers will keep their dogs and those who hate it will just disable it. I really hope for it to be in near future and not in a year :p_ang:

#139 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yes, a toggle on/off would be more than enough... It's probably the best choice. A new form might not get liked(depends on what they decide). With a toggle on/off the unicorn dog lovers will keep their dogs and those who hate it will just disable it. I really hope for it to be in near future and not in a year :p_ang:

This is what I've been saying! :no1:

#140 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

This is what I've been saying! :no1:

no what you've been saying for the last page or 2 is assassins shadow form doesn't make sense cause we arent even in control because of the transformation which didn't make any -_- sense.

everyone already knows they should add a toggle and they've already sent said suggestion to the devs, us continuing to say it isn't really gonna do much from this point.

#141 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

no what you've been saying for the last page or 2 is assassins shadow form doesn't make sense cause we arent even in control because of the transformation which didn't make any -_- sense.

everyone already knows they should add a toggle and they've already sent said suggestion to the devs, us continuing to say it isn't really gonna do much from this point.

How about a toggle with no cover up graphic at all, where you just see your character? ... You guys want a cover up? Fine, I don't care. But give us a toggle to turn it off. Your cover ups are not what my class is about at all. ...

:hmm:

#142 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

#143 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Some guy was talking about how, because the quest says that we were were wolf unicorn masters, we needed to use the form. So I argued that point.

My personal stance is that we need a toggle to turn off the form, but I don't care if people use the shadow were wolf unicorn.

#144 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Server:Loki

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Yes, as long as I don't have to use that stupid dog, I don't care about what others do with their Sin. If I am one, I want to look like one~ :ok:

Edited by Mondaiji, 03 June 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#145 neko09

neko09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Some guy was talking about how, because the quest says that we were were wolf unicorn masters, we needed to use the form. So I argued that point.

My personal stance is that we need a toggle to turn off the form, but I don't care if people use the shadow were wolf unicorn.

I was just wondering, IF they do make a toggle option, would there be a problem regarding the fact that other players won't know that an assassin is in shadow form mode? Or even if people don't see is it obvious whether he/she is in the mode? Or it doesn't matter 'cause they won't live long enough to see you anyway? Haha o.O 'cause I think it's one of the purpose of the doggy form... but IDK I've never played enough RO2 to know /heh

#146 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

I was just wondering, IF they do make a toggle option, would there be a problem regarding the fact that other players won't know that an assassin is in shadow form mode? Or even if people don't see is it obvious whether he/she is in the mode? Or it doesn't matter 'cause they won't live long enough to see you anyway? Haha o.O 'cause I think it's one of the purpose of the doggy form... but IDK I've never played enough RO2 to know /heh

No. Do you change strategies based on shadowform assassins?

Shadowform is such a required buff that any assassin who doesn't take it is gimping himself. Almost every single assassin has the skill. It should be assumed that every assassin has it on, just like Mark of Genocide and Shadow Grasp.

#147 neko09

neko09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

No. Do you change strategies based on shadowform assassins?

Shadowform is such a required buff that any assassin who doesn't take it is gimping himself. Almost every single assassin has the skill. It should be assumed that every assassin has it on, just like Mark of Genocide and Shadow Grasp.

Hm I see. But, who knows? Maybe some base their strategies on shadow form assassins? And that may be true, but Shadow form might not be the favorite skill of some assassins, especially the fact that it looks like a doggy :P I agree with you, though, kinda :P just don't wanna generalize stuff.

#148 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hm I see. But, who knows? Maybe some base their strategies on shadow form assassins? And that may be true, but Shadow form might not be the favorite skill of some assassins, especially the fact that it looks like a doggy :P I agree with you, though, kinda :P just don't wanna generalize stuff.

There is assuredly a very small part of the assassin playerbase who won't use shadowform, but I refuse to believe the vast majority are willing to skip out on parties and raids because of visual preference. Even I have it. I never turn it on unless in arena or dungeons, but I have it.

#149 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

In the process of leveling my alts this weekend, I actually partied with several non-shadowform assassins. All of the ones in the late dungeons that I've partied with have used it, though.

#150 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

How do you know a knight has aura shield activated? You just assume it. And if you're distrustful, just target the character and check the active buffs (because shadow form has a buff icon, right?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users