#76 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The job change quest doesn't even have to change. The shadow were wolf unicorn doesn't have to be a physical manifestation - it's just the source of the shadow powers.

I still don't like the idea that RO2's Assassins have to rely on some dumb demon in order to become powerful whereas the RO1 Assassins were powerful by their own strength.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 May 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#77 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I still don't like the idea that RO2's Assassins have to rely on some dumb demon in order to become powerful whereas the RO1 Assassins were powerful by their own strength.

I agree, but it's incredibly unlikely that they're going to change the job quest.

#78 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hence why I suggested an exorcism quest for Assassins so we can get replacement skills that don't require Shadow Form. If the developers are up to it, that is.

#79 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I really think instead of going that complex and giving them a hard time, just add a toggle option. Seriously toggle option, regular assassin look.

#80 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Could just make it so you only see the Shadow Form when you do Shadow abilities like Claw and Explosion...

As long as they don't take the benefits of Shadow Form away from us, cause if they do we may as well all just delete our Assassins and make Rogues...

#81 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I really think instead of going that complex and giving them a hard time, just add a toggle option. Seriously toggle option, regular assassin look.

This. I can just say my character is acting purely on his own skill. I can ignore the story with the wolf. I can't ignore the forced graphical change when using the most important buff in the entire assassin tree.

#82 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

My only issue with making Shadow Form toggle on/off is that the developers might make it so that we don't see the form on our end, but other players will continue to see us Assassins as weird wolf things. I want it so that even other players will see my character as I see it without the Shadow Form sprite.

#83 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

My only issue with making Shadow Form toggle on/off is that the developers might make it so that we don't see the form on our end, but other players will continue to see us Assassins as weird wolf things. I want it so that even other players will see my character as I see it without the Shadow Form sprite.

You won't like this answer but I know a compromise. It would be a Kafra Cash item called Curse Removal or Suppressed Form, that way some people can choose to be shadow form and the ones who really want out would buy this item. The hope would be that they would make the item price so low you can buy it off the Auction house easily, and this item would also help stimulate the economy. There would also be a mirror item of this called Release Form or something that would give these same people back the Shadow Form, meaning even more money for Warp Portal. If you guys really really really want to find an alternative to shadow form quickly, unfortunately this is the only option I can see without having to wait like a year, which I think we already do have to anyways. Our best bet is to continue to bug them about it or this issue will just sink back into the abyss, come on everyone lets save our favorite class. :p_laugh:

Edit: Their incentive to do this would also be significantly higher because it would be a "fix" that would even generate them revenue.

Edited by FenrisF, 27 May 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#84 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

While my first idea was to simply just have the form look like Eremes (or just a general SinX in the armor we're already wearing), it probably wouldn't be a good idea... Why? Level cap is only 50. Who is to say we won't have a SinX class in the future? In RO1 (as most other MMOs), level cap is 99. I expect there will be many more classes, and expansions to the current ones, to be added.

The other idea I had was pretty much one that seems to be similar to what everyone else is saying: just have a way to toggle off the entire form. It shouldn't be impossible if the form can be coded like a costume (or like our profession outfits, that can be toggled on/off).

#85 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

There's nothing to suggest that we have to have a transformation to go with our buff. By being defeatist on the issue and suggesting other over writes that remove our individuality, armor, weapons, and appearance, you help seaRO be lazy in not helping us. Don't cave. Stop suggesting transformations. We don't have to have a marker to say we have shadow form on. We're the only class in the game with the skill. It should be assumed that every assassin has it on.

Edited by 9107130514053412363, 27 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#86 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Ironically, there's an RO skill name Shadow Form, but it's for ROGUES. And the RO version doesn't transform the caster into anything, so I don't know how they came up with the wolf thing idea for RO2.

http://irowiki.org/w...hadow_Formation

#87 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I tolerate the form but in almost every way would I rather do away with it... :p_swt:

I still am for the toggle option the most, but over at http://forums.warppo...d-it-look-like/ we are discussing/voting alternatives. Vote for 9107130514053412363 (omg that was long send in a ticket to change names already!) or (Me!!!) but come on people, voice opinions! :p_laugh:

Edited by FenrisF, 01 June 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#88 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I did send in a ticket.

I don't want to smother your idea, but your idea has many of the same problems that hood guy has and the current wolf has. Find cool armor? too damned bad. Find a cool weapon? Too damned bad. 99.99999999999% of your play through will be in a shadow form that covers up your armor and weapon. So by suggesting another transformation, you're hurting us. We shouldn't be wishy washy on this. By telling Warp Portal we want a transformation, we'll get stuck with one. Hell, they might leave us with shadow form. But we shouldn't have a transformation at all! Most of the reason to play an MMO is to get the different gears and see them as you progress. If you're stuck in different forms, you'll never see them.

So please delete all transformation suggestions.

#89 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

I did send in a ticket.

I don't want to smother your idea, but your idea has many of the same problems that hood guy has and the current wolf has. Find cool armor? too damned bad. Find a cool weapon? Too damned bad. 99.99999999999% of your play through will be in a shadow form that covers up your armor and weapon. So by suggesting another transformation, you're hurting us. We shouldn't be wishy washy on this. By telling Warp Portal we want a transformation, we'll get stuck with one. Hell, they might leave us with shadow form. But we shouldn't have a transformation at all! Most of the reason to play an MMO is to get the different gears and see them as you progress. If you're stuck in different forms, you'll never see them.

So please delete all transformation suggestions.

I've done my best to support you completely in almost every way, and have nothing but respect and the same goal as you which is ultimately the toggle. However there is a reason for me not going Gung-Ho and simply deleting my suggestion. The reason is simple, I don't believe WP is going to give us a free toggle option. Even Njoror himself stated that hes talking to the developers about designs for shadow form. I am simply trying to offer better alternatives, at this point anything at all helps, for some reason they seem really adamant on keeping a transformation. My suggestion by the way may have limited armor appearance, but at least weapons would still be shown alongside character design, as well as it being and indication of shadow form being active for all those people who would complain like children of the "unfairness of a toggle". It seems like the developers aren't even looking closely at the most requested feature which is to just look like us, so instead of just only vouching for something that they would completely ignore, I'm trying to offer some semblance of a solution that at least partly helps both ends. Thank you for thinking about us. If you can convince me otherwise though, I'm game.

Edited by FenrisF, 28 May 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#90 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

I think the developers weren't looking at that because the developers mentioned that they were only reading the suggestions forum. I didn't notice anyone asking to just look like our character on that forum until I got my forum account to work. We have a chance now, because we know they're paying attention. If we tell them what we want, they might listen. But if we're all over the place and not agreeing largely on the same idea, they're going to come up with their own because they can't please everyone.

#91 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Good point, although I'm going to admit I'd still like some aura or super subtle indicator. Question is, are they listening? I mean all we did was ask during a Q&A after all. But you've convinced me. I do hope this doesn't carry the consequence of them solely looking at the hood design. I put my faith in you and the other votes.

Edited by FenrisF, 28 May 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#92 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

The reason I am iffy about going with Mondaiji's idea is because seaRO already has a model with similar appearances to what she mentioned, but it also over writes what we look like by turning us into horned children. I'm afraid they'd take the lazy route and just copy paste it over the shadow unicorn werewolf.

#93 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

You're comparing graphics engines to the ability to see the character we created. Very different ideas. Also, not everyone PVPs. You want a PVP bonus of not being identifiable against your own class? Play a Beast Master.

Re-Roll to Rouge then if shadowform is such a pain to look at. Having new gear and showing off is your way of having fun, I don't agree with that being a reason for me to put effort into something. The point I was making is that people always complain when something doesn't appeal to them visually so I was comparing fits people threw when they were talking about graphics to other online games. Seriously, what part of shadowFORM did you not get? Not only would they have to change code for appearance but also change the skill entirely because if you didn't know BM's don't have a toggle button either, your suggestion is good but far from simply thought out. If you compare RO2 to other mmo's again I would probably kill a poring.

#94 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

So you're saying everyone who rolls an Assassin shouldn't bother buying costumes or anything to dress up their characters since Shadow Form basically overwrites their character with a dumb wolf thing. Unlike you, not everyone wants to play a character that looks like everyone else. In RO1, that's unavoidable due to the nature of the sprites, but here in RO2 where we have more freedom to differentiate our characters, Shadow Form is pretty much a slap in the face.

Costumes are meant to be cosmetic not for use in battle. If they added stats to some of the costumes for use in battle then the only thing that would matter to you is the stats it gives. All I'm saying is you don't need looks to get by in the game, alot people care more about what gives them better stats and not looks. I will repeat, this is not RO1 and excuse me for developing a character that has a cosmetic everyone should play as. Wait, who told you I was one of the developers? Form your own opinion please and stop following your friends fits over a game. It's not healthy for you or this forum.

#95 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Re-Roll to Rouge then if shadowform is such a pain to look at. Having new gear and showing off is your way of having fun, I don't agree with that being a reason for me to put effort into something. The point I was making is that people always complain when something doesn't appeal to them visually so I was comparing fits people threw when they were talking about graphics to other online games. Seriously, what part of shadowFORM did you not get? Not only would they have to change code for appearance but also change the skill entirely because if you didn't know BM's don't have a toggle button either, your suggestion is good but far from simply thought out. If you compare RO2 to other mmo's again I would probably kill a poring.

ShadowFORM was in RO1 and it didn't change your form. What's your rebuttal for that?

#96 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Ironically, there's an RO skill name Shadow Form, but it's for ROGUES. And the RO version doesn't transform the caster into anything, so I don't know how they came up with the wolf thing idea for RO2.

http://irowiki.org/w...hadow_Formation

The RO1 version of Shadow Form is called "Shadow Transformation" and by definition has a completely different use than what is meant for in RO2. Try harder next time.

#97 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

The RO1 version of Shadow Form is called "Shadow Transformation" and by definition has a completely different use than what is meant for in RO2. Try harder next time.

Semantics.

trans·for·ma·tion

/ˌtransfərˈmāSHən/
Noun
  • A thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance.
  • A metamorphosis during the life cycle of an animal.
It didn't change your physical appearance. Therefore, Shadowform doesn't have to either. You like your advantage in PVP. Big whoop. Shadowform is not what assassin is about now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be. Even the devs agree it needs a change.

#98 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Semantics.

trans·for·ma·tion

/ˌtransfərˈmāSHən/
Noun

• A thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance.
  • A metamorphosis during the life cycle of an animal.
It didn't change your physical appearance. Therefore, Shadowform doesn't have to either. You like your advantage in PVP. Big whoop. Shadowform is not what assassin is about now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be. Even the devs agree it needs a change.

Ro1 Rogue skill: Shadow Transformation; Redirects any damage the caster receives to the player targeted by Shadow Form. Automatically cancels after a fixed number of hits redirected, detecting skill is used, or when targeted player moves out of range. Pvp was an example, not all pvp I know this I am not going to follow that argument you started.

Edited by Cer89, 28 May 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#99 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Shadowform is not what assassin is about now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be. Even the devs agree it needs a change.

Wait, I think I rushed that last comment a bit, you said the "Devs" AGREE it needs a change? by it you mean shadowform right, so what one of the previous posters mentioned that WP staff contacted Dev's about shadowform is not true? Because now i'm hearing two stories, one guy says GM's have brought up the topic to dev's most likely because players QQing. You're saying Dev's have been thinking about change before hand, so then why are you trying to start drama in someone elses thread? All you had to do was link your thread on the matter then say what you have to say not tell everyone their post has flaws. If you were really smart you'd know no one would argue with "change" people would vote for what's obvious, you didn't need to come here selling your self because you started an idea first or your opinion is better. Forums are meant for EVERYONE to voice their opinions, all you're doing is making people not want to voice their opinions which is what your intention is so that you win.You're a real boy now Pinocchio. But I still think there's nothing wrong with shadowform or its appearance so sue me.

#100 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

I said exactly what I said. That the devs agree it needs a change. I'm not starting any drama, I'm discussing the topic at hand. You're trolling the thread, however, and spamming it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users