October 21, Expectations, take 2. - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 15 votes

October 21, Expectations, take 2.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

#26 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

Currently our stat reset is 1000 pts to remove 20 stat points.

Our intention is to give a full stat reset for at most that amount.

The neuralizer will be cheaper, and will be taken out of the shop until the in-game event is removed.

There have been significant improvements made that cost significant resources, we are not complete with our designs and right now

Ok cool.

#27 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

kinda unclear to me about these stones (Aren't most of the threads heim makes rather confusing or is it just me?).

So basically a 3rd job change will require 100KP?
I can see it already, all the botters of the world will stop botting because of this LOL

Stop joking. If you really wanted to do that, there would be a 100KP fee to make an account, like several people including me have proposed since valk opened.
Pay to change to 3rd class...

I miss euRO ):

EDIT:
yea playspan gives 100UP, not like I can buy anything with that, or those wouldn't still be there after a year or so. And being from Europe there's nothing to do on there to get more.

Edited by Charon, 19 October 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#28 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

I personally think the race to 150 should be scrapped altogether. First of all there are bugs to be dealt with, and more people care about the issues with the cast times and so on. I hope this is dealt with sooner. The race was just a bad idea from the beginning. Besides how are you going to prevent cheating? Or are you ok with cheaters getting a +11 gear. :P

Edited by Trixdee, 19 October 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#29 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

Currently our stat reset is 1000 pts to remove 20 stat points.

Our intention is to give a full stat reset for at most that amount.

The neuralizer will be cheaper, and will be taken out of the shop until the in-game event is removed.

There have been significant improvements made that cost significant resources, we are not complete with our designs and right now

Hell yeah... 1000 points for one character... times 9 or so... Almost over 9000. oh lawl. For a grand total of about 90$ ? Edit : Actually with neuralizer, it is going to be over 9000 :P

I really miss the days when RO was subscription based and we didn't have any of that crap. If the majority of players are happy with dishing mass money at this game and Gravity is happy about their bank account, sure, why not ?

I'll miss you iRO.

Edited by Forzando, 19 October 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#30 SoulHero7

SoulHero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

I think that there are still plenty of possible issues that can still be found for Ygg, Ymir, and Valk once renewal hits. I still want to go to 3rd Class, but I also wanna experiment and try out the changed mechanics before that though.

I don't want the KP issue to mask that and then rear up as an excuse for any errors that pop up.

#31 SoulHero7

SoulHero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

Love how my question was ignored ha ha , how are we able to use playspan points for this? Are you guys going to offer 100wp for sale from now on?

One of my friends from Chile needs 500 Playspan Points for 100 WP. I dunno about your situation. Hope this helps.

#32 Saisotsu

Saisotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Playspan gives 100pts for signing up.

Can we have a 100 Warp Portal Energy item in the Playspan Marketplace? Earning 400 extra UP Points is harder to do via Playspan for free than it is to obtain 100 points directly from portal's sponsors the same way. Though, due to the lack of sponsors on Portal, it's more difficult to get 200 points from there than 500 points via playspan by the same method.

EDIT: This would also make it easier to gift friends, as giving a friend 500WP to make their one 3-1 seems a little.. heavy.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind. The information about Playspan is misleading and irrelevant. 100 points or not, it's not the equivalent to kafra points until the sum total equals a multiple of 500 or 800 UP Points and this information should be considered when offering Playspan as the alternative to Sponsor based WP Energy or Kafra Points.

Edited by Saisotsu, 19 October 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#33 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

How about that full call to old players you promised?

#34 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Can we have a 100 Warp Portal Energy item in the Playspan Marketplace? Earning 400 extra UP Points is harder to do via Playspan for free than it is to obtain 100 points directly from portal's sponsors the same way. Though, due to the lack of sponsors on Portal, it's more difficult to get 200 points from there than 500 points via playspan by the same method.

Bad idea. If there were 100 WP energy item in the Playspan Market, people will just spam it with tons of emails. Upon registration of playspan, you are given 100 free points so there will be room for abuse.

#35 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

How about that full call to old players you promised?

I have a feeling that's what that stupid free 10 days thing was, and that's all we'll ever see.

Edited by Pingchan, 19 October 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#36 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hell yeah... 1000 points for one character... times 9 or so... Almost over 9000. oh lawl. For a grand total of about 90$ ? Edit : Actually with neuralizer, it is going to be over 9000 :P

I really miss the days when RO was subscription based and we didn't have any of that crap. If the majority of players are happy with dishing mass money at this game and Gravity is happy about their bank account, sure, why not ?

I'll miss you iRO.

You sir are a fool, you mean go back to there being no Stat or skill resets at all? I'm sorry but that would be a nightmare, especially with 3-1/3-2 to deal with. Also you actually like bots?

Edited by Zoltor, 19 October 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#37 Michuu

Michuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationINSIDE YOUR BATHROOM. I'M WATCHING YOU PEE.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

I was about to ask the same thing. I was thinking of offering my friends reset codes, but purchasing 500 KP for close friends to get 1 reset stone is a bit too much for me to do.

Anyway guys, this is just to help out. When I didn't have any money in my bank, I spent time doing surveys for for KP, and I got a decent amount via doing the surveys. It barely took time to do the surveys, and it wasn't really much of a hassle. Some of the surveys on the website don't work (I've been doing surveys on online games for a while, so I generally know which ones to do that aren't total b/s.) (The ones that say, "You'll be rewarded after you finish this quiz and get to the final page" never work for any game site I've ever tried it on. I've tried about 12+ game trivia ones before I gave up.)

http://img96.imagesh...07/rewardsr.png

Anyway it took me under 30 minutes to get nearly 500 KP. (I wanted a turtle hat for the event) If those don't work anymore, or don't exist, sorry. Hope it helps.

Also Heim, are the stones trade-able? If they're not, could you please allow people to trade the stones between characters? This would make everyone -much- happier.

Edited by Michuu, 19 October 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#38 alittlelove

alittlelove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Are reset stones tradable at least? >.>

EDIT: whoops. michuu beat me to it.

Edited by alittlelove, 19 October 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#39 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'll miss you iRO.

You made it sound like Ymir and Ygg is dead. :P

#40 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

You sir are a fool, you mean go back to there being no Stat or skill resets at all? I'm sorry but that would be a nightmare, especially with 3-1/3-2 to deal with. Also you actually like bots?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about ? I never said anything about there being NO reset at all. Have you read my first post in this thread ? And I'm not sure where bots come in there...

and Miyuki>>

I didn't mean it that way XD It's just that, I don't know, even though the game is subscription based still, it doesn't feel like anything it was in the past. Since we got the kafra shop, Gravity seems more and more money-hungry than ever.

Edited by Forzando, 19 October 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#41 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

No, they're apparently account bound, which makes it that much worse. And again, no, it won't stop or hurt bots in anyway at all. I see them running around with kafra gear and items, whats stopping them from paying 100kp for third class? Even if it did stop or even slow them, we'd just see 99 2nd class/99 trans bots around anyways....

#42 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

1 dollar expansion set. Sounds like a nice deal

#43 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

all the botters gotta call their credit card hackers and call in a favour. a favour they were using when the government finally found them and they needed fraudulent passports :P

#44 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

I'm not really sure what you're talking about ? I never said anything about there being NO reset at all. Have you read my first post in this thread ? And I'm not sure where bots come in there...

I fully read the post I quoted, and the first part sounded like the most sarcastic thing in history, when you right after it say"I wish it was like the old days, when it was sub only, and didn't have any of that crap". Also yes, your statement 100% means you like bots, because without the f2p server, the servers would be flooded with bots.

Edited by Zoltor, 19 October 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#45 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Just, why? I think free to play server idea is dead by now. I think if people keep complaining they will lower it to 50kp ... but, still, why do they need charge for that so bad?. Anyways, is not a money issue as it has been told so many times. So, anyways, good luck with the bots not getting 3rd job and not getting banned. This just dissapoint me more and more. At least i could say my guild in valk server is dead by now because of these and at least 2 good players are totally quitting RO.

#46 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I fully read the post I quoted, and the first part sounded like the most sarcastic thing in history, when you right after it say"I wish it was like the old days, when it was sub only, and didn't have any of that crap". Also yes, your statement 100% means you like bots, because without the f2p server, the servers would be flooded with bots.

I don't like bots, and in my experience it wasn't that bad without Valkyrie. But anyway, what I mean by, "I miss the days" is, the days Gravity wasn't as money-hungry as they are now by screwing or leaving some people out. A majority of the events post-kafrashop had some sort of fee so you could take part in the event. Lucky boxes, turtle hats, stuff. Now I'm angry because with the free resetter being replaced by a paid one, they totally screwed the entirety of my other unpaid account. (because I'm unwilling to pay 90$+ for reset stones for my characters)

Edited by Forzando, 19 October 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#47 devinz999

devinz999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

WTF we still have to pay for this crap? I'm not sure if it's gonna keeps bots lower,I guess this could make people daring to use bot program for leveling because you will keep bots and people that don't bot will be more disappointed ... :P you better ban bots than keep them & use it for an excuse. What GMs gonna do if there will be more bots ? :)

#48 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Let the bots stay~!

#49 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

So now i have a question. If i do a free stat reset from the NPC while im 99/70 will i still need the stones? And if i do at 99/70 will i only need 1 stone for that character or will i need more than that?

#50 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

I have a feeling that's what that stupid free 10 days thing was, and that's all we'll ever see.

Nope. That was for players that played after December '09. I was told the wrong thing, and thats why I even considered trying RO again. :| Then boyfriend bugged and paid for my account anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users