October 21, Expectations, take 2. - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 15 votes

October 21, Expectations, take 2.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

#76 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

This thread = facepalm ^ â??

#77 xeroslash

xeroslash

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

I still feel that the price drop on the stones does not solve the problem at hand. I'm not poor, I can certainly afford it; but the need to use the Kafra Shop in order to advance the game only serve to alienate a large portion of Valkyrie players. While I and a somewhat smaller group of players (relatively speaking, compared to the total population) may have no qualms paying for stones, everyone else is left behind. From a WoE perspective, it's only a matter of time before players like me become bored of killing mostly players that were unable to progress to 3rd class. Some of you already argue that the WoE scene on Valkyrie is somewhat stale; guess what? If the majority of players are left behind, unable to progress, the WoE scene is only going to become worse if this continues.

Gravity also need to realize that the creation of the Valkyrie server drew numerous players that has never set foot on an official RO server before. Money is not the issue at hand; you guys are charging the players for something that most of us perceive as a free update. Unlike Lucky Boxes and of the usage of stones to stat reset (after Nov. 5), players can experience endgame content without needing these things. You can milk the Lucky Boxes as much as you want, but charging players for something that should be free in the first place (being able to access endgame content) is insulting in principle. At the end of the day, if this carries through, Gravity will lose the many players that it drew in when Valkyrie was first created.

tl;dr: I can pay for stones but not everyone else can, not because of monetary reasons but for reasons of principle. It can lead to a decrease in population and the quality of future WoEs.

#78 Randfeon

Randfeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Well, it's not like I really wanted (or expected) to eventually have a third class character... I guess I'll be happy enough with just the Renewal changes.

#79 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

So wait if i reset my skills and stats before Nov 5th then i dont have to buy the stones?

#80 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

So wait if i reset my skills and stats before Nov 5th then i dont have to buy the stones?

Yup.

#81 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

According to them, yes. That is if you're not a 99 on Valkyrie planning to 3rd.

#82 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

Playspan gives 100pts for signing up.

May I ask how to transfer those pts into kps?

#83 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Don't bother. I'm told you need to have 500 points on playspan before you can convert, so its useless.

#84 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

I guess they're going to implement the item in playspan soon, Heim stated something like that in his first post for ppl being able to "gift it".

If they do that quickly, the system could actually work.

#85 GupGup

GupGup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

I can't believe so many people are complaining about requiring payment for access to the next tier of a free game. No one is forcing you change to a third class. If you feel that you need the third class in order to play the game, even though the update gives you access to ALL of the update, save for the new classes. Especially when a major revision to a normal game requires an investment of around $40 or else you get close to NOTHING from the update.

#86 devinz999

devinz999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

there are many things nerf on valk already, alot people buy items from kp with more expensive prices and bots everywhere, that's enough foe

#87 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

its not the fact you have to pay, its the fact some players CANT PAY
btw dnt the botters sell zeny for real money >>

#88 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

How about that full call to old players you promised?

The emails are underway, and have been for past 3 days. There are millions of email addresses so it takes some time.

The Playspan marketplace will begin offering the Reset Stone, for 100 points there and you can use the code to redeem yourself or for a friend.

We can't make the ones we sell tradable due to chargeback issues that will occur. But if you ask, we will make accomodations for its trading for individual cases. We just can't take the risk of a chargeback person allowing hundreds of bots to 3rd class, or selling to players and then cause us problems.

#89 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

I hope Gravity realizes there's people from another country with different money.

#90 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

To all the people saying all the Valkers should quit and go to pservers, you realize that pservers cannot function without leeching off of iRO, right? The second iRO dies, that's it - no more English content for RO, and therefore no ability for the p.servers to add future content... ever. Consider that before you suggest killing off what's left of iRO. I don't think asking you to pay a buck per character is unreasonable, especially when you can just do a survey or two and let the resulting spam go to a throwaway email address.

The reset stones I think are a bit much for those who missed the temp free ones. You ARE trying to bring old players back, right? I really think all currently existing characters that haven't job changed to 3rd should be granted a single, free, full reset, with this opportunity lost if they take a 3rd job before they use it. Not doing this is putting up a *large* barrier ($45/account) to the returning players you're supposedly trying to attract. The stat system has been so fundamentally altered that almost every old build has to be discarded.

Edited by Mwrip, 19 October 2010 - 07:43 PM.

#91 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Even how hard you wish about it. iRO will never die..
Thats how "INTERNATIONAL" made the difference! :P

#92 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Leeching off iRO? What? They use kRO...

#93 yuume

yuume

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

The emails are underway, and have been for past 3 days. There are millions of email addresses so it takes some time.

The Playspan marketplace will begin offering the Reset Stone, for 100 points there and you can use the code to redeem yourself or for a friend.

We can't make the ones we sell tradable due to chargeback issues that will occur. But if you ask, we will make accomodations for its trading for individual cases. We just can't take the risk of a chargeback person allowing hundreds of bots to 3rd class, or selling to players and then cause us problems.

im a returning player, i cant log in, ive been waiting 2 days with no reply to my tickets, please please reply to ticket 2E8-145128AF-4AE4

when alot of old players quit there was no warp portal, and no warning that i saw of the password resets, i think if we had known alot of the old players would of logged in and fixed up their accounts - even if we decide not to play anymore it sucks to lose our characters forever.

#94 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the replay bb.

#95 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Awesome, I just hope you guys get the item ready for the maint.

#96 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

ignore my previous post if you managed to read it. anyways will the reset stones be implemented immediately as of oct 21? Still considering this a really low blow for a per char basis i mean you couldn't delete and restart if your third for free anymore you have to pay the change fee again so starting over isn't a free option anymore to reset youd have to pay 7-10 dollars to reset one char's stats or pay for a name change or a neuralizer any which way you want to change a character now costs money and that is kinda sad. O well if i do continue to play ill consider what ill do then.

Edited by Cryslia, 19 October 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#97 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

The game is F2P and massive amounts of contents are available for Free, but a 1 time purchase to get access keeps bots lower, and gives us the revenue to keep things improving.

Why couldn't you have just said this in the first place? Myself as well as many others I'm sure, have no problem with this change if it would give you revenue to improve the game we play.

Instead the first thread had to turn into the flame war that it did.

#98 Randfeon

Randfeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I can't believe so many people are complaining about requiring payment for access to the next tier of a free game. No one is forcing you change to a third class. If you feel that you need the third class in order to play the game, even though the update gives you access to ALL of the update, save for the new classes. Especially when a major revision to a normal game requires an investment of around $40 or else you get close to NOTHING from the update.

Well, no one but the game itself. This is just as bad as forcing people to pay X bucks to be able to do the quest for their second classes, for example - many of the endgame quests and monsters are not available to you if you don't go 3rd class, and you obviously would be outperformed in WoE, among other things. I don't think botters are going to be too damaged, either.

#99 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

Yeah...I don't think even the GMs believe that nonsense botter excuse.

#100 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

plus a note about level differences you get bonuses and penalties vs those of significant level differences so yah anything over like 10 is a large difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users