October 21, Expectations, take 2. - Page 7 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 15 votes

October 21, Expectations, take 2.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

#151 Randfeon

Randfeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

It's not really expanded (or optional) content, as you are required to get it if you want to continue playing your character and keeping up with everyone else. Think of it as a trial or shareware version of a program, but a bit worse.

And I don't think that being extremely cheap justifies this (since a rather large portion of the game is still locked out if you don't buy this item), but maybe that's just my opinion. The sad thing is that this is never going to change, because if this requirement were lifted in the future, people who had to buy the stone now would most likely dislike the change. Sigh.

#152 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

I don't get why there is an issue with having to pay a dollar for job change, but I do see the issue with them having to pay real money for a full stat reset. That's a damn necessity, I tried to level my rogue without tweaking it's stats and got pwned. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but 99's need to pay 5 bucks just to get a full stat reset? Should be able to do that with in game money at least.

#153 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

I don't get why there is an issue with having to pay a dollar for job change, but I do see the issue with them having to pay real money for a full stat reset. That's a damn necessity, I tried to level my rogue without tweaking it's stats and got pwned. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but 99's need to pay 5 bucks just to get a full stat reset? Should be able to do that with in game money at least.

Unless you wait until after Nov. 5th, you won't need cash to get a stat reset.

#154 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Then what's the issue? :{

#155 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

Then what's the issue? :{

Uh... as far as I gathered from skimming, people were concerned about those returning to RO after renewal has been implemented for a while, coming back to find the free reset gone and the game mechanics changed.

>_> In the end though, a cheaper full reset is much, much nicer than the old VAS option.

#156 Xanablood

Xanablood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAFK
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

Uh... this may be a bit off-topic but... are reset stones going to be tradable? Because I don't have any Kafra Points in my main account D:

#157 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

All characters will get a skill/stat reset on the maint of November 4th (it supposed to be 4th rather than Friday the 5th). This will make it so all of you get 1 final reset, and all later returning characters too.

We didn't do it at the begining of renewal for 2 reasons:1 it messes up babies, 2 the db script used for it was not working as intended.

But yes a reset for all is forthcoming.

Playspan Reset Stone boxes will be tradable
iRO Kafra shop Reset Stone Boxes will NOT be tradable.

We reserve the right and privelage to have in-game events where we give out Reset Stones to players that show their support.

I have no doubt that the items will make their way to even non-payers hands. We are not sectioning off maps from you, you can still access all the areas of the games, we are curtaining off some content to the Free users. We considered doing it for the Trans job change back in the day, but didn't as we felt it was too limiting. We have madde enticing items galore for RO, but many players never want them regardless of our intentions. If you can come up with an item that everyone will buy that isn't game breaking or cause lashback, please let me know I'll cut you in on some of the profits.

#158 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

So no free reset at beginning of renewal?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..
Sup with a sudden change?

#159 bhorob

bhorob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

You misinterpreted his post. Everyone will have access to the stat reset NPC. One day before that NPC is removed from the game, everyone's characters on every account with be forcefully reset, stat and skill wise. This way, if you ever come back to RO, your character will have all his/her stat points and skill points ready to be utilized.

At least, that's what I read.

#160 Xanablood

Xanablood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAFK

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hmm... are we gonna be able to get 100pts from Playspan? Would be cool if they had an option for just 100kp ;o Not being whiny, but I really don't have access to a credit card/paypal/work. D:

#161 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Well, the biggest thing I just have to call out is, "We are not sectioning off maps from you, you can still access all the areas of the games..."

ORLY? Cause once you get like 20 levels or more below a monster, they start ripping your face off and they become impossible to kill. On top of retarded upward exp and drops penalties.

There isn't really much of a difference between completely shutting people out of a map if they do not meet certain conditions, or simply making it so hard that it's impossible to do anything there.

#162 bhorob

bhorob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hmm... are we gonna be able to get 100pts from Playspan? Would be cool if they had an option for just 100kp ;o Not being whiny, but I really don't have access to a credit card/paypal/work. D:

Heim stated that the item from Playspan would be tradeable, i.e You will be able to buy the item from another player with Zeny. I doubt that anyone will actually be forced to by the item to actually change class, since anyone who thinks they can make a quick buck off of it will sell it, considering the $1 cost.

#163 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Playspan Reset Stone boxes will be tradable
iRO Kafra shop Reset Stone Boxes will NOT be tradable.

We reserve the right and privelage to have in-game events where we give out Reset Stones to players that show their support.

I have no doubt that the items will make their way to even non-payers hands. We are not sectioning off maps from you, you can still access all the areas of the games, we are curtaining off some content to the Free users. We considered doing it for the Trans job change back in the day, but didn't as we felt it was too limiting. We have madde enticing items galore for RO, but many players never want them regardless of our intentions. If you can come up with an item that everyone will buy that isn't game breaking or cause lashback, please let me know I'll cut you in on some of the profits.

If you want to make more income, you should really consider letting people buy Kafra Points in denominations as low as 100. Consider this person's comment a few posts back.

One reason why "many players" don't pay for Kafra Stuff is because of the denominations. The lowest WP Energy conversion > Kafra Point conversion is 1000 WP Energy. That's $10. While this may not be such a big amount, it is for "many players" (e.g., some people below 16, some people in other countries, etc.) For them, $10 hurts.

BUT, if you could make smaller denominations available for sale. For example, 100 points for $1 or even 100 points for $1.20 (so you can have more revenue) You might find that "many players" will start to actually buy KP in small amounts. They will notice less that they are spending more than the $10 they wanted to avoid earlier on.

Even if it doesn't ensure a quick revenue of $10 as opposed to a small revenue of $1. You'll find that "many players" will be prepared to dish out $1. 1000 players (who usually don't buy KP) paying $1 = $1000. If they do this every other day or so of playing, well, more revenue for you.

...it's why they have mini-sized coke cans now (well, here at least). :P

Edited by igzz, 20 October 2010 - 05:30 PM.

#164 Xanablood

Xanablood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAFK

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

Heim stated that the item from Playspan would be tradeable, i.e You will be able to buy the item from another player with Zeny. I doubt that anyone will actually be forced to by the item to actually change class, since anyone who thinks they can make a quick buck off of it will sell it, considering the $1 cost.

So the box that Playspan will sell will be a box of ONE Stone? I thought it would be a 500 pts box or something. :P

#165 KriztanAlizun

KriztanAlizun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

I can't believe they still use the "bots" excuse. I also can't believe people are still buying that crap.

umm okay....2 weeks later you see Shadow Chaser bots and you come qq in the forums about it.

3rd class lock on Valk is a good idea.

#166 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Why would I complain about that? I don't care about bots. If I saw a third class bot I'd lol at all the people who seriously thought this would stop bots. It's a bad idea, with stupid reasons.

#167 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Regarding the WP -> Kafra point conversion rate.

You can input as low as 1 WPE -> 1 KP

But the issue is you have to have WPE first, due to transaction costs to us we want to do larger purchases not nickles and dimes. You can try to earn KP with the offers, or get your Reset Stone from Playspan, or Buy it from a player who decides to sell it (I know it will happen).

#168 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

Since botters have a lot of zeny in their hand, I think it will be easier for them to buy the stones in game, how will this prevent any bots from getting to third jobs ?

#169 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Well if they pay 1$ per bot its going to be a profit for Gravity at least. Besides that each time a GM ban a bot they will need to 3rd job another bot, so its another 1$.

It's a good way to make money from the bots. We should see if botters will be actually willing to pay 1$ for all their bots.

#170 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

There will be cases of bots buying it I'm sure.

But it removes some of their zeny, helps the player out, and we also get revenue, I think I prefer that to players buying black market zeny from abusers.

Torture sessions are in the plans for Bots, much of it cost us hardwrae and whatnot that has been a part of our "rebuilding" in 2010 endeavor.

#171 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

@Berek
Erm, I was mentioning Heims post above mine, I think he said the stones might be tradeable or sellable in game, so I dont think botters need to pay any real $$ at all, they have to buy it from any dude who has real money and wants to vend it, or trade it in game for zeny.

Edited by Pravin, 20 October 2010 - 07:08 PM.

#172 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

@Heim,

I know its a very big thing to get rid of bots altogether, but given the current state of bots on valkyrie, it just presents a bad impression on Gravity's part and people will be less willing to move on to the paid servers which is the next step after playing the free servers. I am assuming thats what the free servers are meant for, ie. to try the game for free and move to the paid server for added benefits.

#173 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

@Heim,

I know its a very big thing to get rid of bots altogether, but given the current state of bots on valkyrie, it just presents a bad impression on Gravity's part and people will be less willing to move on to the paid servers which is the next step after playing the free servers. I am assuming thats what the free servers are meant for, ie. to try the game for free and move to the paid server for added benefits.

Only problem with this is that very few Valk players actually move to the paid servers, and I am liking how Heim is telling the truth so +1 to him

#174 Wingweaver

Wingweaver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Heimdallr, @ Your "Idea suggestion that won't be game breaking/cause a back last" I think perhaps a kafra shop only pet/pet tame would be a good start. Maybe a box with 5/8/10 tames, or just skip the entire process and put the egg up there. What pets exactly? Hillsrion, maybe a pingulica.

#175 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

I must disagree with you Pravin, its a good impression if Gravity is able to maintain both of his servers with awesome conditions. For me at least feel Valk like a home, players will still move to premiums for improved exp, and other stuff.

Free-Bot is not indicated in the website as a Premium Feature. I'm actually curious about the bot measures, maybe the captcha thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users