New Cash shop Headgears - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Cash shop Headgears

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#101 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Even if they do work in WoE they wouldn't be a particularly good option considering you would have to give up CEB/RPB.

well WL hat is OP though

Pom gives 16% extra magic and 16% reduc

while the hat gives a total of 49% damage thats like FBH the downside is no reduc XD

#102 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like you're asking for easy mode

you obviously have never played the mechanic class to make a comment like that.

50% more dmg on axe tornado would put the mechanic at 13-18k damage once every 6 seconds. yea thats so easy mode bro. specially while standing in the middle of mobs that have 40-150k hp and are hitting you for 1000s of damage because you have no resist shield on.

and arm cannon currently costs 60 SP to cast at max level. a lvl 100 mechanic with 50 INT only has 760 sp. thats about 12 casts of arm cannon before youre ENTIRE SP bar is gone. how is that fair in any way? even with sp regen gear on (dunno why in gods name you would wear this on a mechanic), it still doesnt regen fast enough to be able to level yourself or keep up with other classes in TI or ET. on MVPs its almost a complete joke. you have to spam 100s of strawberrys and other regen items continuously.
cutting arm cannon cost in half with the sacrifice of having to wear a full set of gear is a pretty fair tradeoff imo.

Edited by killedbytofu, 13 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#103 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Most of these hats are really terrible and look terrible. That's just me being honest.

#104 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

you obviously have never played the mechanic class to make a comment like that.

because you obviously know me right?

Most of these hats are really terrible and look terrible. That's just me being honest.

Don't you have a bridge to get back under?

#105 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

well WL hat is OP though

Pom gives 16% extra magic and 16% reduc

while the hat gives a total of 49% damage thats like FBH the downside is no reduc XD

Uh, sorry but it is not 49% more damage. Even if you were thinking of a +12 hat, it would be +10% to those four elemental magics, +5% MATK and ignore 32% of the monster's MDEF. You can't just sum those up - Especially because 32% ignore MDEF of monsters does not mean +32% magic damage, it simply means only 68% of the monster's MDEF will affect your magic damage.

Edited by bored, 13 June 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#106 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was pleased to see the versions that made it in game were toned down a bit. I hope things remain that way.

#107 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

so how bout those kings

#108 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

I managed to +9 a night sparrow hat, but I am not noticing any damage boost yet along a 25% boost with severe rainstorm. I did some simple testing with headgear switching between a rideword hat and the +9 night sparrow hat and didn't notice any damage increase.

the SP and cast reductions seem to work, but the damage bonus seems to be missing

i also +9 my night sparrow hat, big dissapointment!!! there was no damage increase and the maxsp +200 didn't work either!!! Whats going on?!

#109 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Is it just the night sparrow hat or are the others not quite working as well?

#110 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

There have been several reports of 'faulty' headgear.

#111 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

I hope they fix these new hats soon. I want to level my wanderer some more.

#112 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

All of you guys saying geneticists doesn't need boost are looking it all wrong.

You Guys: Looking at it in a long time player's perspective that have accumulated atleaset some decent wealtth to be able to get all those high end gears for geneticist. Even then saying 100k over damage to ghost or holy is just over exaggerating a bit even with the top gears (not including gods).

killbytofu: looks the game in a new player's perspective, (with no friends,no zeny,no nothing).Claiming Cart Cannon is garbage is not false at all, when a ranger can just easily have access to White Wing set and be able to get into TI parties easily up to 150.

I think this is what he is talking about when he is saying balance. Its just like a DB RK with normal gears vs one with Tao and Kiel the difference is night and day.

The new hat that gives 10% damage to CC is laughable. Other classes have mora sets and other hats to boost their damage, geneticist have nothing.

Before you say geneticist are overpower, they are only so if using god equips and that only applies to like 1-5% of the population.

Some suggested leveling a Sera to get pain killer so you can solo TI, are you insane? how do you expect new players to even get to that stage and just to SOLO a TI? its unrealistic. Resorting to player (bandaid methods) of leveling or getting into parties does not constitute game balance.

The new hats benefits other classes more than geneticists is what he is saying, a mere 10% feels like a direct EFFU to the class in general. Of course all those who have deck out gens wouldn't mind, but try looking at it as a new player.

Edited by NukeDuke, 14 June 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#113 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

keep in mind while genetics might not be as great in pvm as rangers. they are extremely good at MVPing and quite good in pvp/woe.
you need to accept that you can't be good at everything all at once...

...is what i'd say if suras didn't exist.

on a second thought. nevermind.

Edited by Agahim, 14 June 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#114 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

If you're saying geneticists are balanced because they are top tier in mvp and great support in woe, then you have a screw up sense of balance. You know some players don't woe right? And new players? forget it not even 150 or got any woe gears.

I am just saying try looking at it from new players. This is totally off topic, but how do you expect them to do this week's low TI's? you even need FCP to be able to do it. That is awesome so they expect every new player to have FCP?

#115 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

If you're saying geneticists are balanced because they are top tier in mvp and great support in woe, then you have a screw up sense of balance. You know some players don't woe right? And new players? forget it not even 150 or got any woe gears.

I am just saying try looking at it from new players. This is totally off topic, but how do you expect them to do this week's low TI's? you even need FCP to be able to do it. That is awesome so they expect every new player to have FCP?

Nothing wrong with having a character that's hard early on and shines later on. If you choose not to mvp or woe genetic really isn't a good character choice anyway lol

#116 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Genes can't be good at everything.If you don't woe then you should play a more pvm oriented class like ranger.Genes are not balanced solely around players that don't woe.

You don't need FCP.Many classes don't wear shields and i suggest you don't wear one if you don't want it broken.

Edited by sb120495, 14 June 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#117 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

You don't need FCP.Many classes don't wear shields and i suggest you don't wear one if you don't want it broken.

Gajomart can cast level 5 Divest Weapon.

#118 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

People have been able to complete the low TI, just isn't easy mode like normal.

#119 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Genes can't be good at everything.If you don't woe then you should play a more pvm oriented class like ranger.Genes are not balanced solely around players that don't woe.

You don't get what I am saying, tofu is claiming the game doesn't have universal balanced judging by all the classes he plays.

People have been able to complete the low TI, just isn't easy mode like normal.

Regardless or easy or not new players have been reliant on TI's to level. They don't have the luxury of zeny or gear to be able to get stuff like Witch Hat combo, so they either get screwed or waste zeny buying white pots that heals for ineffecient amounts..

Anyway I'm done here, I am not complaining btw just saying try looking it in a different way. But it seems you guys just don't get it.

#120 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

You're lucky that you even have TIs. As far as I know, it's an iRO exclusive feature.
I think you're the one who "doesn't get it" since you act like it's the only way for someone to level. You're just spoiled and feel entitled.

#121 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

You're lucky that you even have TIs. As far as I know, it's an iRO exclusive feature.
I think you're the one who "doesn't get it" since you act like it's the only way for someone to level. You're just spoiled and feel entitled.

^This.

#122 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

i also +9 my night sparrow hat, big dissapointment!!! there was no damage increase and the maxsp +200 didn't work either!!! Whats going on?!

Its been fixed, it'll go in with the next set of fixes on the next maint.

#123 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Its been fixed, it'll go in with the next set of fixes on the next maint.

Mr dog, I haven't read much about it, but how often are the new headgears being released? I mean, at what interval.

#124 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

keep in mind while genetics might not be as great in pvm as rangers. they are extremely good at MVPing and quite good in pvp/woe.
you need to accept that you can't be good at everything all at once...

mediocre is an understatement. geneticists are just plain terrible in pvm. i get carpel tunnel anytime i try to fight high end content from having to cast CC so many times per mob.

All of you guys saying geneticists doesn't need boost are looking it all wrong.

You Guys: Looking at it in a long time player's perspective that have accumulated atleaset some decent wealtth to be able to get all those high end gears for geneticist. Even then saying 100k over damage to ghost or holy is just over exaggerating a bit even with the top gears (not including gods).

killbytofu: looks the game in a new player's perspective, (with no friends,no zeny,no nothing).Claiming Cart Cannon is garbage is not false at all, when a ranger can just easily have access to White Wing set and be able to get into TI parties easily up to 150.

I think this is what he is talking about when he is saying balance. Its just like a DB RK with normal gears vs one with Tao and Kiel the difference is night and day.

The new hat that gives 10% damage to CC is laughable. Other classes have mora sets and other hats to boost their damage, geneticist have nothing.

Before you say geneticist are overpower, they are only so if using god equips and that only applies to like 1-5% of the population.

my gear isnt even bad. im using a +9 red twin with 3x AS card, 2 medal of honors, orleans gown of wildcat, and pretty much all your other standard top of the line genetic gear. its the class thats flawed. the majority of genetics are only doing 10-15k cart cannons. anyone claiming anything higher then 20k is just a flat out liar (the only way to get damage this high is with buffs and a fully enchanted HF). 10k dmg vs 150k hp mobs is absolutely ridiculous and just plain bad dmg. cart cannon should be scaling with level better to accommodate the high end mobs. solo leveling a genetic past 130 is out of the question for any reasonably sane person unless you stick 100% to elementally weak monsters, which with the way maps are setup nowadays, is also impossible.

btw poor players playing genetics are only doing 6-9k dmg cart cannons. i feel really bad for them, because they have no hope of leveling outside of TIs at all

so yes. a 10% increase in CC damage is laughable. thats only 800-1500 more dmg per cast, which is almost unnoticeable vs high end content. maybe the real problem here is that they put the stupid elemental cannonballs in in the first place. instead of giving us SOME opportunity to do realistic damage, they shouldve just fixed the spell overall since its a primary leveling spell. the damage that the elemental cannonballs are doing is the damage that the neutral attacks should be doing. Iron cannonballs need to have their ATK raised (possibly doubled), so that they can compete with the elemental cannonballs better.

Nothing wrong with having a character that's hard early on and shines later on. If you choose not to mvp or woe genetic really isn't a good character choice anyway lol

ya but you cant WOE or MVP if you cant level up lol. having a gimped out leveling spell that gets you excluded from party invites doesnt help anybody

yea and other servers have better spawn rates and items that we dont even have to balance the game better....you just sound arrogant and jaded

Edited by killedbytofu, 14 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#125 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

and yall thought MY complaints were bad...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users