Sorcerers are overpowered - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerers are overpowered

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#26 LordAzuRa

LordAzuRa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I know that feel... as a wizard. I don't know what the other classes can do against sorcerers. I don't last 4 seconds alive unless they miss their varetyr spear or I anticipate it and use my ice wall.

I guess that classes with higher defenses or stuns could do it better.

Anyway, the game may not be designed for 1 vs 1.

I can't do much as a warrior. I am almost full Colosseum gear, +7 Colosseum, Great Sword, 8khp unbuffed. Won Colosseum 10 times (which sets me in the rank of people that are good with their Warrior).

I have good skills as a PvPer, but even with all my gear and knowledge, they are almost impossible to beat. Even if they are undergeared.

Let say they Freeze me to start their combo, I use Endure for a 40% damage reduction. Survive the couple burst with 2.5-3k missing hp and I didn't even start.
Get near, Bowling Bash, Bash, Bash, Stun, Aura Strike, Aura Strike.
Now they are up again, they use Deluge or something to outheal all the damage I got in. They freeze me again.
I use Parrying to push my parry at 70%, eat another 2-3k dmg combo.
I use battle leap for second and last stun I'll be able to pull out before dieing, Bowling Bash, Bash, Bash until I get 100 Hatred. Tension Relax to heal myself. continue to hit until their Heal or Freeze is back up.
Then I die.

Why?

Cause their cooldown are ridiculously low. They have a stun every 30 seconds, can freeze you or slow down your movement speed at about the same rate. Their heal is incredibly strong.
as a Tank warrior I have:
90sec Stun. 70Sec battle leap. 120 second self-heal.

So no matter what happen, unless they miss a freeze or you luckily crit them with a Rage Strike, you lose the fight because they regain their abilites much faster.
It's what make them Overpowered. It's not normal that, for example in Colo, you must have 2-3 player to take one down.

#27 HeIsMe

HeIsMe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

for ranged: dont fight a sorc inside lor/deluge

for melee: dont fight a sorc inside lor/deluge

if you follow these steps the heal will not be a problem (the damage still high but... nothing we can do about that)

#28 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

I love to see ppl qqing about overpowered classes, why not qqing for underpowered ones aswell?

#29 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hahaha,

For DPS : Pump it up Hard pill and rid'em all!! Sadly we need Criticals to knock down them fast, same with Wizards and Priests.

Vau!

#30 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I love to see ppl qqing about overpowered classes, why not qqing for underpowered ones aswell?

You haven't been to many colo threads have you? /gg

#31 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

same with Wizards

Sure, itjust, sorcs group against me, melee, group against me, Ranger group up against me.
Wizards group up with me? Nope.
Thx
Your Angry Wizard raging every Colo >_>

#32 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I can't do much as a warrior. I am almost full Colosseum gear, +7 Colosseum, Great Sword, 8khp unbuffed. Won Colosseum 10 times (which sets me in the rank of people that are good with their Warrior).

I have good skills as a PvPer, but even with all my gear and knowledge, they are almost impossible to beat. Even if they are undergeared.

Let say they Freeze me to start their combo, I use Endure for a 40% damage reduction. Survive the couple burst with 2.5-3k missing hp and I didn't even start.
Now they are up again, they use Deluge or something to outheal all the damage I got in. They freeze me again.
I use battle leap for second and last stun I'll be able to pull out before dieing, Bowling Bash, Bash, Bash until I get 100 Hatred. Tension Relax to heal myself. continue to hit until their Heal or Freeze is back up.
Then I die.

Why?

Cause their cooldown are ridiculously low. They have a stun every 30 seconds, can freeze you or slow down your movement speed at about the same rate. Their heal is incredibly strong.

So no matter what happen, unless they miss a freeze or you luckily crit them with a Rage Strike, you lose the fight because they regain their abilites much faster.
It's what make them Overpowered. It's not normal that, for example in Colo, you must have 2-3 player to take one down.

Weren't you healed too when he used Deluged/LOR? Well, anyways, I agree with what you've said. As a Ranger, I can defeat them like 30% of the time. That happens when: my first two charged arrows out from camouflage crit; or their combo miss or got parried.

#33 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

as a Tank warrior

Seriously, don't complain about not being able to do damage if you are a tank. If you live through the sorc burst. you win, that simple.

#34 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Not really. I run a hybrid Knight and if I tank the Varetyr, they just Frost Driver again since its delay is shorter then the duration.

#35 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sure, itjust, sorcs group against me, melee, group against me, Ranger group up against me.
Thx

Actually i focus Rangers with Pump it up hard pill on the firsts rounds cuz, they are a pain on last round, from sorcs/wizards/priests i take care of.
And this isn't group thing, is to question yourself:

With who do you want to fight the last round?
1knight-1 sorcs-2 priests?
2rangers -2 priest?
2 sorcs - 2priests?

You can make your way to win, if you move your cards at your favour.

Vau!

#36 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thx

Wizards KoS each other because of Fire Flower competition, there can be only one. :p_smile:

#37 Ratoncito

Ratoncito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

for ranged: dont fight a sorc inside lor/deluge

for melee: dont fight a sorc inside lor/deluge

if you follow these steps the heal will not be a problem (the damage still high but... nothing we can do about that)

Today I killed a Sorc with both deluge and LoR as a wizard, then the same sorc killed me many times after.

It's still fun to see the 7k VaretyrSpear from them though.

#38 rapemeister

rapemeister

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

no love for warrs? :/. we get massacred in colo...

#39 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

no love for warrs? :/. we get massacred in colo...

You are not alone. *pat pat

#40 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

If i catched in ice - i always die x_x
It's not easy to be DPS-Knight w/o any defensive abilities.
But if there not ice on my legs - they die very quickly.
i like light armored targets in colo like wizards and rangers ^,..,^

#41 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Monks.

#42 Tempest79

Tempest79

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

There are advantages to almost every class, it's not like just sorcerers have the most advantages. Priests can self heal and take forever to kill unless you can stun/knock them down or whatever. Sins have speed and burst and can pretty much kill you after stun/knock down. Knights and monks take forever to kill. Colo depends a lot on luck. If you're lucky everyone just overlooks you. And if you're unlucky well everyone picks on you and pounds on you.

#43 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

I agree with Tempest79, but it doesn't make me love ranged classes. Especially after what they usually do with me.
Posted Image

#44 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

People will always shout OP no matter the game, every character has their strengths and weaknesses, its your job to find it and not whine about it

#45 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

I know that feel... as a wizard. I don't know what the other classes can do against sorcerers. I don't last 4 seconds alive unless they miss their varetyr spear or I anticipate it and use my ice wall.

I guess that classes with higher defenses or stuns could do it better.

Anyway, the game may not be designed for 1 vs 1.

Well the one stun that we wizards do get is bugged so its a bit more difficult for us against sorcs. The stun takes place at the beginning of the attack and not at the end. If it took place at the end of the attack (like it should might i add) Then, things would be different.

#46 YuutoShiro

YuutoShiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Nerf harder to the ground pls like what they did to their heals. Can we nerf rogues as well? no smoke bomb for them because stealth in collo is op.

(pls don't take srs)

When a rogue had received a DoT, using Smokebomb is useless. You wont be able to be in invi mode due to DoT.

So nerf is not needed in rogue.

#47 YuutoShiro

YuutoShiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Then I die.

Why?

What is more bothering is the teaming sorcs in colo.
My friend encountered 3 sorcs that is near the NPC area.
Probably one is attacking, and the 2 might be healing. lol. Like raids logic. 2 sorcs, 2 priests...

when either or both of the 2 sorcs has:

Land of Recovery maxed
recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 11% for every 2 secs for the duration of 10 secs.

Healing Wave maxed
recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 17%. Instant Cast!

Deluge maxed
20% increase in HP and recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 39% HP recovery every 2 secs for the duration of 10 secs.

OP!

then imagine the attacker uses the Water Arms seal, then other 2 uses the Seal of Earth

wew

http://www.ro2base.c...310607.22310608

#48 2616130505210842213

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

they are good, I play one, but not this unstoppable force you seem to think they are. Go cry in your pie. And I have no idea what the guy above me is talking about cause more than one healer in colo is not gonna matter past the opening minute of round one, when you can actually heal others. You can't heal anyone in colo (during battle) so your getting schooled by your own lack of knowledge in that pairing.

Edited by 2616130505210842213, 26 June 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#49 2616130505210842213

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

What is more bothering is the teaming sorcs in colo.
My friend encountered 3 sorcs that is near the NPC area.
Probably one is attacking, and the 2 might be healing. lol. Like raids logic. 2 sorcs, 2 priests...

when either or both of the 2 sorcs has:

Land of Recovery maxed
recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 11% for every 2 secs for the duration of 10 secs.

Healing Wave maxed
recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 17%. Instant Cast!

Deluge maxed
20% increase in HP and recover HP equivalent to the magic power of 39% HP recovery every 2 secs for the duration of 10 secs.

OP!

then imagine the attacker uses the Water Arms seal, then other 2 uses the Seal of Earth

wew

http://www.ro2base.c...310607.22310608

I can't believe how misguided you are.

#50 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

If i seem a lil off topic, it's because i care how people are feeling, and i understand how people are saying classes are OP, but i'll state something (And no, don't think i'm being negative here, I'm here on a positive note)

Fact is, i Used to play a priest once, i didn't really care who was overpowered, but the fun thing about playing the game for me was actually playing with people, PvPing can be taken a little too over the top, I honestly do not even think if any class is overpowered, it's how everyone plays the game, and i don't really care about buffs, potions or whatsoever on a positive scale i'm saying this because fact is, no class is overpowered even if you may seem to think it, I played the almost exact-same game as I've claimed on different topics that died, and I'll say again people said the exact same thing about sage/priest classes, or so on and sadly everything is balanced in PvP, it's better to generally PvP against people who think you've got a advantage over more than one. but fact is people shouldn't be too worried about whether a class is OP or not in my digression PvP is meant to be enjoyed, and i'm sad to see people are suffering over little as saying "This class is OP/ That class is OP" to my digression i'll be honest, i'm not perfect in PvP, i tend to generally stay away from it because sometimes i generally over think myself "I want to win, I want to win, i will not give up" and that attitude leads me no where, and to my play of skill In PvP I stood away from it because i didn't want to overlook other classes, everyone has skill in their PvP abilities, i don't doubt that but just play for fun!

You guys are great at PvP and so, but people should enjoy PvP more i see too many topics like this saying "This Class is OP/That class is OP, and i'm generally looking at the fact that people should enjoy PvP ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users