Sorcerers are overpowered - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerers are overpowered

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#51 2616130505210842213

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Ha ha, alot of these complaints just shows a general lack of knowledge about how both colo's and sorcerers work. I get beat in colos but don't run to the forums and complain that rangers are op, or priest. I strategize instead. spamming frost diver isn't an option unless you pick a different target each time, fyi. There is a diminishing return and most targets already have the buff in colo when you target them (due to alot of other cc going off) . See when three assassins jump on me I don't yell "OP", I count and do the math. But because sorc have range and wombo's you think wizards and three different sorcs are all one guy burning/freezing/shocking you to pieces. Colo is not a one on one event and most of the time there are like five or more sorc all attacking simultaneously, with rangers and other classes doing stuff too. Those that can heal really well don't have the skills to dps the same way as those that don't have good heals. Investing in deluge is a huge chunk of non-colo relavant pve skills that will only help you if you are getting 1v1'd by someone who doesn't know better to begin with, like burning all my cooldowns on a bear thats hibernating or a sanc'd priest. I can burn through other sorcerers who are lor and deluging, not to mention that they can't reap any benefit unless they stand on the aoe, just leave them and go kill someone else if you can't hack it and try again when you get some pvp gear.

#52 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

I want to see people enjoying PvP as a friendly contest between them all, it's not about skill, it's about how you enjoy it :3
My "Always Want to win" attitude didn't help me at all, i saw it like a mirror, it's better to enjoy than overlook other classes~
And no, i'm not negative C:

Edited by AmiiMii, 26 June 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#53 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

As mentioned before, take away 2x damage from wind/lightning attacks when a player is in a frozen state (change back when elementals actually play a role for other classes) and you will see how this will quickly change sorcs.

#54 7303130505182958547

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

You do realize that..
Wizards, Priests, and Rangers are able to dish out DoT that Sorcs can't do. Assassins poison also does DoT.
Knights, Warriors, Monks and BM that are made to tank take longer to kill as a sorc unless you are lucky and burst.
And priests take a few players to take them down because of the full heal.

Sorcs aren't nearly as good at giving stable damage like rangers and they can't heal nearly as much as a priest... and you want to nerf them more? Lol. Try attacking someone running circles around you as a wizard or a sorc. That cast time :)

#55 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

You do realize that..
Wizards, Priests, and Rangers are able to dish out DoT that Sorcs can't do. Assassins poison also does DoT.
Knights, Warriors, Monks and BM that are made to tank take longer to kill as a sorc unless you are lucky and burst.
And priests take a few players to take them down because of the full heal.

Sorcs aren't nearly as good at giving stable damage like rangers and they can't heal nearly as much as a priest... and you want to nerf them more? Lol. Try attacking someone running circles around you as a wizard or a sorc. That cast time :)

Ha ha, alot of these complaints just shows a general lack of knowledge about how both colo's and sorcerers work. I get beat in colos but don't run to the forums and complain that rangers are op, or priest. I strategize instead. spamming frost diver isn't an option unless you pick a different target each time, fyi. There is a diminishing return and most targets already have the buff in colo when you target them (due to alot of other cc going off) . See when three assassins jump on me I don't yell "OP", I count and do the math. But because sorc have range and wombo's you think wizards and three different sorcs are all one guy burning/freezing/shocking you to pieces. Colo is not a one on one event and most of the time there are like five or more sorc all attacking simultaneously, with rangers and other classes doing stuff too. Those that can heal really well don't have the skills to dps the same way as those that don't have good heals. Investing in deluge is a huge chunk of non-colo relavant pve skills that will only help you if you are getting 1v1'd by someone who doesn't know better to begin with, like burning all my cooldowns on a bear thats hibernating or a sanc'd priest. I can burn through other sorcerers who are lor and deluging, not to mention that they can't reap any benefit unless they stand on the aoe, just leave them and go kill someone else if you can't hack it and try again when you get some pvp gear.

I wouldn't like to see how the sorcerer becomes useless, it's not a plain nerf what they could need. You both guys are absolutely ignoring the possibility of finding a solution that isn't just reducing their output damage. Answer this: do you really think it's fair to kill someone with 3 spells? It doesn't care if that's the only good thing you have. If you are defenseless after using that, then your class design sucks. It would be okay in a MOBA game, but not here. Yeah, it might be fair in an very specific kind of event/dungeon/battleground, but in games like this there isn't only one option to play. Imagine what could happen if they decide to open PvP arenas. It would be a mess.

It's not the only class that can rape me. Why am I not complaining about rangers? Because they take their time. I never saw a ranger killing someone in 3 seconds.

#56 7303130505182958547

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

I wouldn't like to see how the sorcerer becomes useless, it's not a plain nerf what they could need. You both guys are absolutely ignoring the possibility of finding a solution that isn't just reducing their output damage. Answer this: do you really think it's fair to kill someone with 3 spells? It doesn't care if that's the only good thing you have. If you are defenseless after using that, then your class design sucks. It would be okay in a MOBA game, but not here. Yeah, it might be fair in an very specific kind of event/dungeon/battleground, but in games like this there isn't only one option to play. Imagine what could happen if they decide to open PvP arenas. It would be a mess.

It's not the only class that can rape me. Why am I not complaining about rangers? Because they take their time. I never saw a ranger killing someone in 3 seconds.

I'm talking about people asking to nerf sorc. I never said NOT to redesign the class =) So chill out. People here were asking to nerf sorcs. If you nerf sorcs anymore than they already have, 50% less healing was taken out already, not nearly enough stable damage then what happens? Sorc is just a glorified mage. Yea 7k 1 hits are pretty scary, I don't deny that, but then the same goes to priests, is it really fair that someone knocks them down to 1/4 HP only to full heal, and then they can spinel, and so on? It's not just sorcs contributing to the mess of colo, every class has it's perks and downsides. People complain about sorc, then if WP/Gravity goes and "rebalances" sorcs, people will still complain about another class.

Edited by 7303130505182958547, 26 June 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#57 wusselwu

wusselwu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

lov3/earth seal/healing skill = solo aoe farm all monster 10monster each pull. + solo farming ori + pvp nuke + good for raids
just quest bug some hiding scrolls(you can do that at the wolf quest with the professor) and you can do rhd/obb

yes they are good. but still boring in their game mechanics compared to other games.

#58 loneknives

loneknives

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

if everyone complaining about sor to be nerf.. then nerf ranger too xD shoot poring get 200% damage increase under 20 sec can kill like 5+ people(each hit does 2k+)

#59 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

I would like to complain that the Attack Power Buff from the Poring(200%) does not apply to magic attack, only attack.

#60 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm talking about people asking to nerf sorc. I never said NOT to redesign the class =) So chill out.

I'm not mad :c

#61 YuutoShiro

YuutoShiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

I can't believe how misguided you are.

lol, even a non sorc player will get healed when stepping on deluge, and LOR

before the colosseum starts, why players bother to gather up on LOR and deluge that is casted on the ground?

because everyone recover HP to that

sorc's healing is great coz they really help in raids

I just stated our opinion on what may be going on a situation with 3 sorcs teaming up in colo.

I bet a sorc user is afraid of getting nerfed

Edited by YuutoShiro, 26 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#62 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Wizards KoS each other because of Fire Flower competition, there can be only one. :p_smile:

^ This. It's kill or be killed! Fireflower = half of all my kills. The rounds I do bad in colo is because of other really good Wizards (or last-round pre-mades). Wiz is a tough life in PVP. Everyone targets you, melee chases you forever... you die so often that you have higher chances of spawning right beside the super boss mob and dying... again... If I didn't get so many kills I'd hate it, so you other Wiz will be sacrifices for my enjoyment, haha.

As for sorcs being OP, yes I agree if the player is really good, but I see a lot of sorcs just scrape by with the kills they acquire by 1-combo KOing easy targets while getting killed seconds later. I don't think Sorc needs a nerfing in the colo environment.

#63 NeythanB

NeythanB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

I don't see anything wrong with Sorcs hitting you like this: 400,400,8000.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME PEOPLE??? Thats like play Mortal Kombat and suddenly someone win over you using fatality at the middle of the 1st round.

As a wizard i can stand any single class on this game but Sorcs,thats insane,umbalanced,dumb...how someone pressing some keys will win over someone doing a lot of things...also,they can ks everyone on Colosseum...and also,they can heal theirself A LOT!!!

Warp Portal and Gravity must watch this...

So,Collosseum system is so broken,by far the worst pvp system i ever played on a mmorpg,and sorcs...

If a sorc fail to kill you,that player must quit the game...

You know whats funny? being on colo,some sorc over kill you with some astronomical crit 8k+,then you respawn and some other sorcs OVERKILLyou again with some other 8k+crit...thats insane.

#64 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Stop whining...

Sorc has ALREADY been nerfed compare to kRO2. Any more nerfing will make them the weakest class!

Edited by UchihaDave, 26 June 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#65 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

I am a sorc and I will admit the combo of sorc to kill someone is way too easy + the heals that we can do lor + deluge if a lot of people trying to nuke you, but I just want to point out on you first colo is so imbalanced my class should not be nerfed because I see a lot of people in colo gang up on me and it turns out they are on the same guild who enter colo at the same time. At first I never figure this out but when I am attacking a rouge and almost die 2 person rush into me and kill me at the same time, and their communicating trough emoticons too. I don't know how the gm will fix this kind of cheating in colo , and yeah it takes a skill and timing also to be a good sorc.

#66 5428130503174244767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

I am a sorc and I will admit the combo of sorc to kill someone is way too easy + the heals that we can do lor + deluge if a lot of people trying to nuke you, but I just want to point out on you first colo is so imbalanced my class should not be nerfed because I see a lot of people in colo gang up on me and it turns out they are on the same guild who enter colo at the same time. At first I never figure this out but when I am attacking a rouge and almost die 2 person rush into me and kill me at the same time, and their communicating trough emoticons too. I don't know how the gm will fix this kind of cheating in colo , and yeah it takes a skill and timing also to be a good sorc.

Another problem with sorcs is doing 1 on 1 with them. I have no chance to win

#67 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think you'll have a higher chance of survival against sorcs, if you survived their FD + VS combo. As for deluge + LoR, you don't engage them. Wait until the effects of deluge are over then you continue your assault. When VS is on cool down, they're not much of a threat.

#68 8212130504095551243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi there.

Recently i saw an enormous amount of posts regarding sorcerers, deluge, and how overpowered and imbalanced sorcerers are.
To help you fellow players, i've decided to write a guide, being a sorcerer myself, so that more people can succefully defeat sorcerers in colosseum. This will be a comprehensive guide containing images, spoilers, tactics, and tips to defeat this imba class.

Preparation
You can find a sorcerer inside Prontera or Alberta, these are the places where most sorcerers hang out.
To initiate combat, you should approach the sorcerer and talk to him. He will say something about how nerfed sorcerers are, and how they could heal twice as much in the past, and how they became a pure dps class while priests are now water only healers. After you talk to him, click DUEL to start the fight.

PHASE ONE

You should position yourself as shown in this image: Phase1

The sorcerer will begin the fight without an Aqua, because he will feel too overpowered to use an elemental against you. MT#1 and MT#2 should position the sorcerer so that his back will face the tank farther away from the party. It is advisable for them to have at least 10k hp. Master Health pots are also a good commodity, as Master Health Boost Potions and crafted Vit bonus food.

The melee DPS group (shown as YELLOW in the pic) should stay behind the sorcerer, near the tank farther away from the ranged party. This is done because they will need to retreat behind the tank and pot, from time to time. (Safe healing spot is shown on the pic)

The rest of the raid should position as shown in the picture. It is important for the raid to have about 6k-7k hp, which will help survive the damage. Keep in mind you will need at least 2 dispellers for Frost Diver debuff, otherwise you will wipe pretty soon.

During Phase 1, the sorcerer will perform a series of attacks:

Cold Bolt: A bolt of frozen water is launched every 2 seconds to the tank that has aggro, causing 2000 to 3000 magic damage, depending on defense. Cold Bolt will crit between 8000 and 10000 damage, again depending on the target resistance. This is where MT#2 should come into play: If a Cold Bolt crits MT#1, the sorcerer will have a buff that will increase Wind damage by a Zillion times. This is when MT#2 should taunt the sorcerer to prevent MT#1 from dying. MT#1 will then do the same thing once another Cold Bolt crits MT#2.

Varetyr Spear: Every 30 seconds the sorcerer will cast VS, killing a random raid member.

Jupitel Thunder: If a target is affected by Frost Diver, the sorcerer will use Jupitel Thunder to instantkill the person, and restore his mana to full.

Lightning Bolt: The sorcerer will cast Lightning Bolt everytime he changes target. If one of the raid members gets aggro, he will suffer from the bolting and instantly die. It is important not to OverDPS, or members will die one after another.

Phase 1 is relatively easy and will last until the sorcerer has 70% life. This can take between 3 and 5 minutes, depending on your equipment.

PHASE TWO

When the sorcerer reaches 70% life, he will instacast an Aqua elemental. This is when the fight becomes harder.
Note: You cannot kill the sorcerer while the elemental is alive. If you try to, the sorcerer will say that It's not his time yet and will use an healing ability, which will probably render the fight impossible in phase three.

Note: MT#3 and MT#4, which are tanking the Aqua, should stay at least 10 meters away from the sorcerer.

Phase two is all about killing the sorcerer.
The Aqua CANNOT BE DAMAGED by melee, as it has very high physical resistance. Also, during phase two, you should not magic debuff the pet or the sorc, otherwise the Aqua will cast Cold Bolt and kill the tanks.

MT#1 & #2 should stay on the sorcerer with a few healers, while the caster DPS group will take down the Aqua, while the melee DPS group focuses on the sorcerer. During this phase, the sorcerer will receive next to no damage, as Earth Shield prevents any serious melee damage.

During Phase two, the sorcerer will have a new attack at his disposal:

Lord of Vermillion: Every 20 seconds, the sorcerer will cast Lord of Vermillion and hit anyone within 10 meters for an incredible amount of Wind damage.

Every DPS class standing near the sorcerer should retreat as shown in the picture and pot as soon as he casts Lord of Vermillion. Only the MT with high hp and defence should remain near the sorcerer. This is done because if the sorcerer finds no one within melee range during Lord of Vermillion, he will start using stun on the healers and wipe the raid.
When the Aqua elemental is dead, PHASE THREE begins.

PHASE THREE

Phase three will begin as soon as the Aqua is dead.
Notes: The sorcerer should be at around 40% health now. If he's any higher than that, you'll prolly not be able to take him down before you wipe. Also, if you have more than 6-7 dead members by now, you will probably wipe as you can't do enough DPS.

During phase three, the sorcerer will use all his arsenal to kill you.

Frost Diver: Every 10 seconds, the sorcerer will cast a freezing debuff on the entire raid. These debuffs should be removed as soon as possible.

Thunder Storm: The sorcerer will randomy cast Thunder Storm, hitting all the melees around him. You need to be quick and dispel Stun on the MTs otherwise they will lose aggro.

Deluge: The most imbalanced spell in the sorcerer's arsenal. This spell will be cast if the sorcerer gets low on health, making him immune and restoring some of his health.
CT_raidassist will warn you when the sorcerer is about to cast Deluge, and attempts to interupt the instant spell should be made. If more than 3-4 healers are killed, the MTs will not be able to sustain damage and die, wiping the raid.

PHASE FOUR

When the sorcerer is at 5% life, he does an emote saying "Imba sorcerer performs one last service for Gravity" He will then start casting Varetyr Spears on the entire raid.
This means you need to kill him before the entire raid is wiped out.

If you manage to kill him before that, congratulations! You just killed the hardest boss currently in Ragnarok Online!

(Originally this text was available in many versions on various WoW forums as "How to beat a warlock" or, later as "How to beat a shadow priest")

Edited by 8212130504095551243, 26 June 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#69 Polemos

Polemos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well, everyone does have 10 character slots. If sorcerers are so overpowered, why not make one yourself? When every player in game is a sorcerer, the game will be balanced out. You wouldn't have to wait for a tank or a healer for dungeons or raids, just go all Sorcerer, totally overpowered. When it comes time to PVP, everyone kills everyone in 2 to 3 hits. It's perfect.

Edited by Polemos, 26 June 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#70 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well, everyone does have 10 character slots. If sorcerers are so overpowered, why not make one yourself? When every player in game is a sorcerer, the game will be balanced out. You wouldn't have to wait for a tank or a healer for dungeons or raids, just go all Sorcerer, totally overpowered. When it comes time to PVP, everyone kills everyone in 2 to 3 hits. It's perfect.

If everyone was Akuma in Street Fighter, the game would be balance and no one would complain! I mean it totally wouldn't kill the entire point of having multiple playable characters!

#71 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

If everyone was Akuma in Street Fighter, the game would be balance and no one would complain! I mean it totally wouldn't kill the entire point of having multiple playable characters!

a full sorc server will get the message delivered though :heh:

#72 U2v85

U2v85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLima

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think it definitely sorcerers are the most damage they can do in Colosseum, usually people who say that are good are people who play with them clear this okay
to kill everyone who is in your way without that someone else will do almost anything or no damage but should think that they are the only class not to mention
it also can be cured think life should certainly be nerfed either their damage or their healing because they lose 1 hit 7k I think that not does not one ranger with buff poring.

Also I think they should definitely lowering their damage or healing

Edited by U2v85, 16 July 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#73 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Skill rebalancing have been put into suggestion already. If this version is a copy of the one from SEA then this means it already went into rebalancing unless they are planning something else for this server.

^ This. They've been nerfed dramatically. Nerfed so damn much everyone qqed and asiasoft had to give out skill resets for everyone. Which is why most are hybrids now. If they weren't nerfed... GG to everyone :x 

#74 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

dont necro

#75 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

I have the most trouble in Colo with my sorc.... everyone focuses me. Can't combo tanks, spells cast too slow so I just get KS'd, or my spells miss/parried. Healing is useless outside of a 1v1. Cold bolt never gives procs during 15 shots. Knights, Warriors, Assassins love to chain knock you down or interupt during casting.. oh and casting also gets interupted when people exceed 20m or run in and out of you..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users