Whaddya think of this build for farming? - Page 2 - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Whaddya think of this build for farming?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Eremes will let you know if he's lootable. Gets all sparkly as usual.

#27 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

^yup, what sparkling said about the sparkling sparks.

Eremes is a beatch... he rarely drops anything... so, if you see no sparks, he didn't drop anything...

Who said that when you go to the tomb you leave everything behind? Ask Eremes, he is a master...

Edited by Leinzan, 18 September 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#28 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Booya! =]

eremesdna_zpsab1e4785.jpg

#29 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Heh, congrats!

Damn, your pic is missleading, you are a Rogue XD (I thought you were a sin on first impresion)

You aren't even using your VIP even tho it's not active

That run took you 10 mins? How much did you spend on pots?

Hope you get the pet in 4 fragments! (not really, curse you D:)

Btw, not very sure why but those colo accesories can be broken into elus.

#30 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Thanks! Lol, well it's the Eremes Union Costume :P

It took me ~7min, telling from the wind pot (popped it when I entered)

And I'm keeping the Colo Accessoirs, as they're Parry/Dodge (just want to see how they work when soloing)

Didn't start the VIP Card since I returned into the game, beause it's quite expensive and so far I didn't really need it. I planned to activate it when I run CoA hard, but I didn't find a chance on this yet.

Edit: Ah didn't count Master Reds. But it's really not too bad with GP. The most troubles caused when he casts a Doppelganger or Tornado (He really waits until you cast Moonlight Drive on purpose. In every single run he casted the tornado exactly the moment I used MD, and it is always troublesome surviving that). I think I needed like 5~7.

Edited by Velouce, 20 September 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#31 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

yea its a ton of running around... did you bother killing the adds?

#32 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yes, I don't see any point in leaving them alive. They really make surviving a lot harder and die really fast. Also, he only casts 2 adds during the fight.

#33 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

heeeh.... yea... I ignored them... personally I don't like using «Moonlight Dance» on this fight, too risky, rather use «Deadly Blow», and I asure you you were just unlucky to get the tornado casted on you at those moments >=P

#34 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Of course that's with a Rogue.  What gear did you have on at the time?

#35 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Colo Gear, +7 str runes, 2x flash geylog card, 3x garbong normal +, no costume bonus

Assassin should be able to do this too with a full Colo set. I didn't figure out yet how to get the most out of Shadow Armor, but probably it's the best to use it when Eremes activates his Doppelgangers. But still his damage is quite high and you might need a lot more Master Reds without GP. But you can eventually skip using the wind potions. Running speed should be decent enough to "circle" with the tornado and w/o getting hit by eremes.

Also I want to add that this fight is pure luck based. If you have bad luck (or let's say, if you aren't really lucky enough to find some minutes in this game where bugs wont own you, which is barely happening), eremes will k.o. you from distance while the tornado is still there, or - and this is enormously annoying because it is something that frustrates me over and over (and not just here), the damn camera and auto-target switch + auto-run+attack the target that was switched to for no reason. Character runs exactly into the tornado like an idiot because of that. And finally, this happens almost every time, tornado k.o.s you even if you are standing miles away, again, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Other problems: Eremes casting his ignition spell over and over together with his clone and you cant use a single pot in like 30seconds.

All together, sometimes beating him seems like a miracle, and it is likely you will not be sucessful with killing him every time.

Edited by Velouce, 21 September 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#36 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Did you use any pets?  Might be easier with a stun pet?  Preferably Eremes himself lol.

#37 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Colo Gear, +7 str runes, 2x flash geylog card, 3x garbong normal +, no costume bonus

Assassin should be able to do this too with a full Colo set. I didn't figure out yet how to get the most out of Shadow Armor, but probably it's the best to use it when Eremes activates his Doppelgangers. But still his damage is quite high and you might need a lot more Master Reds without GP. But you can eventually skip using the wind potions. Running speed should be decent enough to "circle" with the tornado and w/o getting hit by eremes.

Also I want to add that this fight is pure luck based. If you have bad luck (or let's say, if you aren't really lucky enough to find some minutes in this game where bugs wont own you, which is barely happening), eremes will k.o. you from distance while the tornado is still there, or - and this is enormously annoying because it is something that frustrates me over and over (and not just here), the damn camera and auto-target switch + auto-run+attack the target that was switched to for no reason. Character runs exactly into the tornado like an idiot because of that. And finally, this happens almost every time, tornado k.o.s you even if you are standing miles away, again, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Other problems: Eremes casting his ignition spell over and over together with his clone and you cant use a single pot in like 30seconds.

All together, sometimes beating him seems like a miracle, and it is likely you will not be sucessful with killing him every time.

Assassins are able to do this with full colo set. My record as an assassin is only using 3 of red potion (VI) to kill an eremes - I never use master red pots at eremes anymore (I used to when I was a bit less geared). After killing eremes close to 1000 times if not more, I can say that although eremes can be a bit harder based on luck - there is a way to deal with everything - if you are skilled enough its not pure luck based at all. I do occasionally screw up and die - but its always because I got careless and didnt do something quite right (very occasionally- like maybe once every 50-100 kills, and half the time thats due to me typing in chat even if its a quick line). You can't trust the location of the tornado, but if you run away at the right time it will never hit you. I use shadow armor 3 times during the fight - 1 at the start, 1 at first clone, and 1 when eremes reaches 40k hp. I kill the first clone but not the second - no real point killing the second since dealing about the same amount of damage (only slightly more) to the real eremes will make him die and the clone disappear anyway. Personally I dont use eremes pet to kill eremes even though I have one - I heard its possible to stop tornado coming out but if your timing isnt perfect with the pet stun you're probably screwed. Instead I use mermaid, currently lv 3 - but any dmg pet will do. I use mermaid 3 times during the fight too - just before I use my shadow armor. The pet dmg really speeds up the kill a lot.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 21 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#38 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

Then you just don't have lagbased bugs, or didn't try him in the last days where bugs skyrocketed in number and intensity. It is absolutely possible to get hit by a tornado that is far away, just because the screen shows a lie, as well as it's possible to get a k.o. attack by eremes when the tornado is still there, and he doesn't really need to stand close to you for doing so.

Using mermaid pet, but it doesn't really help a lot tbh. The only issue of this fight is the tornado, and mermaid can't help with that.

#39 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Then you just don't have lagbased bugs, or didn't try him in the last days where bugs skyrocketed in number and intensity. It is absolutely possible to get hit by a tornado that is far away, just because the screen shows a lie, as well as it's possible to get a k.o. attack by eremes when the tornado is still there, and he doesn't really need to stand close to you for doing so.

Using mermaid pet, but it doesn't really help a lot tbh. The only issue of this fight is the tornado, and mermaid can't help with that.

Yes I do get lag based bugs. The last time I farmed eremes was just a couple days ago. Yes it is possible to get hit by a tornado that is far away but this only happens if you're late with running away. The stun attack while it has some range, eremes will also not hit you with it if you run away at the right time (meaning he wont use it). It sounds like you're running too late - in any case ive killed over 1000 eremes - there is only one combo he does which can pretty much guarantee a kill on you and he hardly ever uses it. The combo being tornado - followed by the range attack that silences you (meaning you have to run back so he doesnt reset) - followed by stun attack. Barely ever happens though

#40 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Nope, circling with the tornado for a while and all of a sudden I get knocked out without any reason. Tornado then stays where he was (10miles away) because the screen shows something that doesn't happen, at this point I get ko.ed over and over by a non-connecting punch. Also Eremes never uses his k.o. attack at the start of the tornado, usually he does it mid-times. So it hasn't been because I'm running too late or anything, it is because the game bugs enormously hardcore in the past days. Just test it out, I've been running him over 30 times by now and since 2 days it is almost impossible to get him down.

#41 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nope, circling with the tornado for a while and all of a sudden I get knocked out without any reason.

Why are you circling the tornado?  Isn't it possible to reset the tornado when soloing, like people reset the tornado normally, by running either to the throne or the third pillar?

On another note, I've reached level 45 and finally getting round 4-5 in colo, hopefully I'll get lucky before the event ends.  Also, why the heck didn't anyone tell me how useful Shadow Strike was?  Only recently started putting significant points into it, it's fantastic.  Kinda wanna max it instead of 4/5 now, guess I'll be going 10% less fast.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 21 September 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#42 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why are you circling the tornado?  Isn't it possible to reset the tornado when soloing, like people reset the tornado normally, by running either to the throne or the third pillar?

On another note, I've reached level 45 and finally getting round 4-5 in colo, hopefully I'll get lucky before the event ends.  Also, why the heck didn't anyone tell me how useful Shadow Strike was?  Only recently started putting significant points into it, it's fantastic.  Kinda wanna max it instead of 4/5 now, guess I'll be going 10% less fast.

Eremes in hard mode will reset too.

I've been telling everyone «Shadow Strike» rules :V!!!

no one pays attention to Lein!!!

#43 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Eremes in hard mode will reset too.

I've been telling everyone «Shadow Strike» rules :V!!!

no one pays attention to Lein!!!

Hard mode?  Come to think of it, the hard mode tornado doesn't stun, even though it hits like a truck.  Just to be on the same track as everyone, we doing this normal or hard mode, and which is easier?

I'm assuming Normal Mode, I doubt even a full colo geared sin can take the hits Eremes deals out in Hard Mode?

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 21 September 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#44 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

oh whops, true, you dont need to go to hard mode O___o;;;

kinda forgets because Im sorta used to get into dungeons in hard mode XD!

oh well, not very sure :V

#45 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

OMG I'm torturing myself with bugs instead of abusing them? How can you reset the tornado? I ran sandstorm twice in a party on my sin. I already wodered why everyone went to the throne at the start, but nobody reset the tornado though. How does this work, if it still does?

BTW my sin is 50 now and I won 5 Colos with her by now. 2 of them were the only 2 I ran after reaching 50. Honestly, assassin is so much better than Rogue in PvP, and it is all because of what I always mentioned, running speed and Shadow Assault. But it's also good to know to have an instand Shadow Strike as a finisher available. I wish those Helm of Oath could be traded among chars, seems like I'm not able to win on my Rogue anymore >_<

Edited by Velouce, 22 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#46 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

if I knew the trick, I would share it with ya... sadly I've been always fighting it legit, aaaaand I like it that way XD

edit: well, if I think about it I guess you can't do it with just one person... the tornado follows some random single target, if that random single target lures it away and gets out of range the tornado might reset like that, however if Eremes is also targeting that single target he might reset too, and being the only unique single target there... well... yea.

We need someone with actual experience on this bug to give his/her opinion tho.

on another note: yup, assassin is so much better for PvP since they can battle just fine toe to toe against ranged or whatever they find without having to relly on KSing >=P

Edited by Leinzan, 22 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#47 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Well I tried today. Running to the throne and behind the 3rd pillars. Didn't really reset the tornado, but with a speed elixir, it seems a bit easier to avoid the tornado. Bigger gaps mean less likely to get a buggy-fail connect. Althought, in the end it got me once when I turned around to run back from pillars to throne (of course, with the tornado on the opposite row of pillars to me, but still this is not enough for this hardcore position bug).

Well, since playing my assassin, my Rogue feels so damn clumsy. I can't really get any kills because until I reach my target, it is killed 10 times thanks to my low movement speed + meele being. And then, not even any skill to protect myself. SB became so much less viable now with Crescentias and Pets. Most of the time I get kicked out of SB before executing DI. Assassin is a whole different world there.

Edited by Velouce, 22 September 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#48 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

if I knew the trick, I would share it with ya... sadly I've been always fighting it legit, aaaaand I like it that way XD

edit: well, if I think about it I guess you can't do it with just one person... the tornado follows some random single target, if that random single target lures it away and gets out of range the tornado might reset like that, however if Eremes is also targeting that single target he might reset too, and being the only unique single target there... well... yea.

We need someone with actual experience on this bug to give his/her opinion tho.

on another note: yup, assassin is so much better for PvP since they can battle just fine toe to toe against ranged or whatever they find without having to relly on KSing >=P

The way I remember it, if it's not the entire party in the right spot, then the tornado doesn't reset, I've seen it on many an RHD actually, the reset area is usually a little farther than most people think; the tornado doesn't reset until you actually see it trying to pass a certain point, then turning back because that's the reset point.  However, don't take my word for it, I'll be reaching 50 soon... granted, I still won't be able to solo Eremes for a while, but if I can survive until the first tornado with tier 2 crafted gear and a colo weap I'll let you know my results based on where I know the reset area to be (as soon as I get that gear ofc).  It's possible that it doesn't work with a single person as well.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 22 September 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#49 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Why does everyone call it a throne? The assassin elder has a throne but this thing is very clearly not that. It's an altar or something.

Anyway I found it very easy to reset the aggro by running back and forth. Changing between altar and weapon rack/pillar can reset both the tornado and the adds. Just experiment and make sure you go as far as possible in each direction without resetting Eremes, it'll save time in the long run. If the tornado gets to bug out and hit me from across the room then I have no qualms about using a bug to reset it.

#50 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Well, I wont be hunting eremes any time soon, and at much I would like to pull the stunt of hunting him hard mode (since I already got him once after a party wipe and I was the last man standing 1/2 of the battle).

@Velouce:

True, Rogue really lacks on the PvP department when it comes to a fiable close gapping, you might like to pay a visit to this thread: http://forums.warppo...outside-hiding/

Rogues still win on the solo boss hunting area tho.

@SparklingLimeade:

Hum, altar it is then, easer to imagine it as a throne XD

Well, let's just hope that at least a LITTLE BIT of the ANNYOING positional lag and deciving graphics gets fixed on the next patch. Then MAYBE we can try to hunt him without having to rely on bugs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users