Guild Supply/Treasure Update - Page 5 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guild Supply/Treasure Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#101 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Treasure box item recycler asap plox..........Just give us badges for the gears. Ive been npcing chainmails for months

1 Chainmail[1]   = 1 badge

1 Silk Robe[1]   = 1 badge

1 Saints Robe[1]   = 1 badge

1 Shoes[1]   = 1 badge

1 Muffler[1]   = 1 badge

1 Boots[1]   = 1 badge

1 Manteau[1]   = 1 badge

1 Buckler[1]   = 1 badge

1 Shield[1]   = 1 badge

1 Mirror Shield[1]   = 2 badge

1 Zeny Knief[1]   = 2 badge

Trade in Badges for 

1000 WSS = 20 badges
1000 pspores = 15 badges

etc etc. rates can be decided later but let us start picking up badges, storages are beyond control

Edited by Chipotle, 31 March 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#102 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hey Why don't you make a quest or quests that you can do once a week.

you kill count mobs that drop items that are use to make woe stuff when your done with quest it gives exp and GSB.

6 different quest of 150 kill counts

you could use Verit other mobs like that.

If you did all the quests it be around 6 GSB I sure there some other stuff that could help with this idea.

#103 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Update to the proposal to change the contents of the Guild Supply Box. 

Right now we are proposing that the contents of the box will remain the same for now. 

Regarding the mermaid hearts, though these can be found by hunting a relatively common monster, the chance of getting Mermaid hearts is 1 in 31. We felt that these do have a place in the box, and while the number that comes out of the box is very high, simply reducing the number that a player received was just giving players less for their effort. 

Regarding Authoritative badges and Cobwebs, they may not be as useful of items to all classes but they both also only have a 1 in 31 chance of coming up in the box. It was set up so that there would be some items in the supply box that weren't as highly desired as the stems, witch starsand, etc. 

Our concern about replacing one of these less desired drops with empty bottles is that at this point, the only limit on the number of acid bombs in the game is the number of empty bottles since many of the other components are being provided through this box already. 

Ok so first off I would like to tell you THANKS for being lazy.

Second off I would like to tell you that you should check your calculations.  You say Auth Badges/Cobwebs/Mermaid hearts are all 1/31.  I get ALL of these at least 2x or 3x as many times  as blue herbs.  Im not saying I get more of these then blue herbs im saying I get those more TIMES.  I have tested this several times.  Most the time I have 500 - 1000 Boxes.  I rarely every get blue herbs...  I open 1k Guild Surplus Boxes and I don't get enough blue herbs for 2 WoEs...  We ALL know the basic gears don't sell.  Half of the castle loots is USELESS and can't sell.  HOW MANY BOXES SHOULD A LARGE GUILD HAVE TO OPEN TO SUPPLY A WEEKENDS WOE?  You get anywhere from 40-60 boxes an hour with an LK with VIP and HE Gum.  If you want to keep the current rates then you need to increase the drop rate.  What is the current drop rate without any buffs?  I can spend 20 hours and still NOT have enough to supply my guild BOTH WoEs.  So we spend 20 hours of hunting and still NOT have enough supplies for WoE and there isn't enough zeny coming from the Guild Treasures to mean -_-.  Therefore every WoE players have to dig into their own pockets to supply WoE... I can understand this happening every now and then here and there but when it happens two times a week its not even worth it.  It makes the people who just play for War of the Emperium to want to go and play on a different server that revolves around the WoE Scene! 

PLEASE RETHINK THE CURRENT (Horrible) SITUATION!!!

#104 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

My question to the staff is.... do you want us to play the rest of the game or not? Cause right now many of us don't get a chance to.

#105 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Increase drop rate and number of blue herbs ... all problems are solved. I do all the box hunting in my guild currently because of lazies and i manage to supply the guild by myself just fine in 5 hrs of hunting ... cutting the hrs down by half would be nice but yeah.

Most of the real pain comes from having to pot all this crap ... if something could be done about that would be super.

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

does that 5 hours include the time you spend in town after getting chased out by hostile guilds? No trolling, serious point: Warring and conflict can add many hours to the supply hunts!

edit: nvm SNL only has like 5 people now.

Edited by Xellie, 02 April 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#107 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

wrecking crew has double the numbers (maybe more) then SNL.  We also hand out Buff Scrolls / Foods / Box of Resentment / and almost EVERYTHING you can imagine.  We also use FCPs. 

I have watched many many WoE videos of other guilds and I have noticed that the other guilds RARELY use foods and hardly ever have FCP.

I understand people may take less time to supply their guild for WoE then I do but you have to take into consideration about what you are supply, the numbers and any other factor that may come into play.  WoE is the most important part of Ragnarok Online for wrecking crew so we use all those EXTRA Little things that majority of the other guild probably dont.

#108 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

Increase drop rate and number of blue herbs ... all problems are solved. I do all the box hunting in my guild currently because of lazies and i manage to supply the guild by myself just fine in 5 hrs of hunting ... cutting the hrs down by half would be nice but yeah.

Can you post some numbers to back up your claim? Such as how many players you're supplying, how many boxes it takes, how many you get per hour, etc... Because you aren't farming with megs and you don't even use your weapon in the most efficient manner, so I'm calling BS.

That being said Oda, I would like you to reconsider your stance on the boxes. There is absolutely 0 need for cobwebs and while I actually like authoritative badges, you get way too many of them and its the same with hearts of mermaid, you get more than you could ever use and its becoming a huge hassle to manage the overflow. Either lower the chances of these (and completely remove cobwebs) or increase the drop chance of boxes. WoE is very active at the moment with lots of fights and because of this, supplying becomes more and more challenging. We have seen guilds disband on Classic due to difficulties with supplying their WoEs, don't let it happen to others or hinder the growth of the ones currently active.

#109 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

we supply 2 hrs ahead ... and i hunt at night where im not being bothered which i can go for good 2 to 3 hrs straight, and yeah sometimes when i feel lucky i go hunt in the morning and if someone is bored enough to hunt me down then i leave after the gum lol

i get 80 ~ 100 boxes an hr on lk and that 500 boxes is enough to supply the 30 people that show up for woe on sundays ... saturday is dead idk why you guys are supplying those woes like crazies.

the only crap we have problem with are blue herbs ... which we end up using guild zeny to buy anyways but yeah boxes are good as is could use blue herb buff tho

p.s. how do you use a weapon inefficiently -_- undying gave me the weapon and it's doing 4k dmg so it seems pretty good without the meg.

and maybe you guys would save more time for yourselves if you guys realized people are down there to hunt not war in gd lol 

Edited by heyxsean, 03 April 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#110 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

500 boxes doesn't supply 2 WoEs.... You just merge into another guild right for Saturday so I don't really see how your numbers are legit.

#111 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I think your numbers of your members is inaccurate and also the number of boxes you get an hour is inaccurate as well.  But that doesnt really matter.

So with the stats you gave us you avg 90 boxes an hour and you need to hunt 5 hours to get enough boxes to supply WoE 2.0 fully and a half ass WoE 1.0.

This means it takes you approximately 450 boxes to supply 1.5 woes.  Therefore 600 boxes for 2 woes for 30 people.  20 Boxes a person.  Which means a guild like mine who has approximately 45 people would take 900 boxes.  That is roughly the number I said I needed to hunt (but still didnt get enough supplies).  It seems ALL of my guildies including myself hunt a lot SLOWER with BETTER gears then you do and only avg 40-60 boxes an hour. This calls for WAY too much time to supply a guild. This doesnt include potting which takes another 3-5 hours to do.  Spending over 20 hours of for 4 hours of fun is not a good ratio in my book.

Edited by MattyL904, 03 April 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#112 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

average box hunt time for me is 1box/minute or 60boxes/hr

#113 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I think the GMs should try to supply a HIGH END guild for TWO WEEKs for ALL WOEs and see how long it takes you WITHOUT using your GM connections. Then you can tell us what you think.  If you would like a list of what each class use per WoE I can give you an average.

#114 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

well i can't be faulted for being better at hunting boxes ... maybe should go ask undying for tips iono how you guys are inefficiently using your weapons and megs ... 

your guild does not even woe sundays anymore so idk about what you're talking about two woes ... and it seems like you're oversupplying so yeah

if SNL, the poorest guild on the server, can supply 30 players and woe ... i don't know how/where you guys are having problems. We only have issues with blue herbs, and now speeds but everything else is easily attained in 5 hrs work ... if you have more members then yeah it's gonna cost you more hrs, but things are not as bad as you guys are all exaggerating it. 

p.s. maybe put in some kind of cobweb tradein, 5:1 ratio for some random item

500 boxes doesn't supply 2 WoEs.... You just merge into another guild right for Saturday so I don't really see how your numbers are legit.

last saturday we merged but before we did not, and yes we only have 10~20 people getting on for saturday, but that is what everyone else' attendance were like as well except for wc, but they don't woe sunday so idk how they blow 1200 boxes on one woe, especially on dead saturday woe.

Edited by heyxsean, 03 April 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#115 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

VH has ~ 30 so no.

#116 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

p.s. how do you use a weapon inefficiently -_-

Linkers are p gud.

Also your average number of boxes is a complete lie. You can joke about "hur dur i'm better at hunting boxes" but unless that char somehow has higher server drop rates than everyone else, I'm not buying it. Undying is running a better setup than you (1 meg and close to 189 aspd) and he has said on average he gets 60-80 boxes. You cannot argue that with no megs and not even utilizing the stuff you have to fullest, that you are somehow getting 20-40 boxes more per hour than the rest of us who are using gods and better gear setups with proper support. Also just because a large portion of your guild is on other servers on Saturday does not mean FE is dead.

#117 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

FE is dead ... 

thanks for the linker tip ... i wish undying would have told me that i guess my box count will go up more now

I have been getting 20+ boxes a gum. Undying has also told me that was what he's been getting before I started hunting boxes as well ... i am not arguing that you guys are not better equipped but clearly I am doing something right ... and you guys aren't ... this is not a hur dur thing but yeah ... if Undying told you that, well he's kissing your asses for some reason i do not know yet but he should be teaching you guys how to hunt boxes if all you guys are getting is 40 ~ 60

simply being better geared does not mean anything ... i see what you guys do and teleporting and killing mini mobs is not the best way to hunt down there fyi.  

I have used only 24 gums and gotten 490 boxes ... 4 of those gums forced my box count in half because i was being chased down by xellie and wc but yeah call bs all you want but gms can even check my log or whatever and confirm. This is one of those times I am not trolling lol 

VH has ~ 30 so no.

last sat you had 30, but those other fe ... you can not say you had more than 20. So yeah ... FE is pretty much dead ... dead as in you guys should not be having to supply like you do sundays .

anyways i don't even know what we're arguing about anymore ... just calling out the bs

and recommend for the care of my time to increase box drop rate and blue herbs/speeds thank you ODA !!

Edited by heyxsean, 03 April 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#118 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Why should they listen to a guild that has 10 active people and only does 1 woe a week over ones with 30-40 people and does both woes?

We're the people that actually play and maybe more would if the game was easier.

#119 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

well correct me if im wrong ... but every guild only has <10 active members, and you don't always woe with 30 ~ 40 on both woes ... last week you got those number but that is not always the case, 2 weeks ago you had less than 20 so yup. 

if we're counting afk's tho then SNL has 30 active members as well.

So I don't play? I don't get to call bs on anything lol okay my bad I forget these forums are xellie bias.

We're the people that actually play and maybe more would if the game was easier.

Well if box hunting was made super easy, I would not be playing as much lawl but more time for me to league/smite. And in your case, you could afk more.

Edited by heyxsean, 03 April 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

point is FE would be more active if it was easier to provide guilds.

And I wouldn't AFK more, I'd go actually play other parts of the game!

#121 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

Please remove authority badges and cobwebs and heart of mermaid.

For luina, 60~80 is a conservative number per hour. I don't use any gods at all for gd.

Pretty sure Sean has a good setup for gd. I should go down tonight for an hour ... But ultra rapid fire lol is too much fun =\

#122 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

Apologies for saying you used a meg then, was basing it off of this. You also showed me the setup once in gd before :P

Edited by Exhale, 04 April 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#123 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

I use to do it with meg, but there are a lot if reasons why I don't want to touch gods. Biggest two is it doesn't make a big difference in damage and the second is I forgot to put the meg back once (long time ago) but remembered at like 4 am and got out of bed to put it back. Not losing anymore sleep to this game :P

The blue herb rate in these boxes are horrible. Last time I farmed I had 120k sands and not even close to 10k blue herbs.

Also put the pancakes in boxes, especially if you can't fix green potions.

#124 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

We keep arguing about -_- that doesnt even matter(my guilds bigger, you guys suck yadaydayada) and the gms just go "TL;DR" and just pick a random post and make changes based on that and everyone starts complaining that the GMs are not listening to the community.

Please keep your suggestions concise, to the point and bickering on the down low

Treasure boxes need an update(GMs know this, hence this thread) , mention what you think needs to happen and please stop arguing why it should happen and/or everyone else is wrong.

My 2C

Surplus box Changes

- Reduce Auth badges by 50%

- double / tripple karvo(if not more)

- HoM change rate to as low as karvo(numbers are fine)

- Add Empty bottles(rand[200-600])

- crystal frags cut in half(chance + qty)

Castle Loot Recycler

- Turn in [1] for badges(implement ths first please. Im having to make new accts to store the junk)

- Turn badges in for surplus boxes

#125 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

I think it's been pretty clear what people are looking for so far. Frustration comes when somebody asks a question and people take the time to respond with well thought answers, yet nothing changes.

Authorotive badges need to go.
Cobwebs need to go.
Heart of mermaid need to go.

Increase chance of blue herbs
Put pancakes in if you can't fix green pots
Raise karvo 7 to 14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users