Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#51 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

So basically when you are in a 1 vs 1, and some people jump in. You are unable to switch to your Tanking gear... or Movement Speed Gear?....

#52 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Weekend Free Energy

Goodbye social life

:heh:  :heh:  :heh: 

#53 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

woooo, what a colorfulucky spin! 

Edited by RoFoN, 08 November 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#54 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

So basically when you are in a 1 vs 1, and some people jump in. You are unable to switch to your Tanking gear... or Movement Speed Gear?....

YES! Finally, this will be awesome!

I mean, if you just join a fight, you can't no longe switch your gear. This is just amazing!

Edited by Castanho, 08 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#55 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

YES! Finally, this will be awesome!

And why is that exactly? Basically it makes you unable win from a larger group while you are alone, because you can't switch.

Also the buffsets has been removed oke good, but now why is there such a wide variety of Jewelry sets and Gems, when you can't switch or use them while being in combat?

It's just retarded, now it's even worse: The group that has more, Will win.. but let's see how it will work out.

#56 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

And why is that exactly? Basically it makes you unable win from a larger group while you are alone, because you can't switch.

Also the buffsets has been removed oke good, but now why is there such a wide variety of Jewelry sets and Gems, when you can't switch or use them while being in combat?

It's just retarded, now it's even worse: The group that has more, Will win.. but let's see how it will work out.

If you just joina fight you can't choose. This is awesome, becasue NOW, players must find they own way to fight and try hard they skills.

Having a lot of different gears and jewelrys means you must gear your char based on your gamestyle.

This became a lot easy if you can wear everything.

This is gonna turn wars, pvp, any fight more competitive.

Like me, its easy to be a cleric and have a pwoerfull buff set and then switch to a gear that i can run faster, and get no damage. Now when i joina  war I must choose if I will go for a weakly gear with stron buffs or better deffense to run with and heal my mates

If you're a scout and have all sets and jewelry, where's the point fighting agains another scout with all gears and gems too? Now, only one will really get better based on they own build. More ap, more critical, an evasive build.. anyway.. 

Edited by Castanho, 08 November 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#57 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

"The Black Traditional Chinese Outfit is also being put up for the first time ever"

Isn't it;

Spoiler

The black version? Then it's not out for the "first" time?

#58 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

How long is that combat timer lasting? Like djilano said, a lot of people switch gears (usually jewelry and masks) for different situations.

If this timer completely disables the opportunity to change items, even less jewelry sets will actually be used in game.

Castanho, even with the ability to change sets people had their own playstyle, removing the ability to change won't make fights any more competitive than they were before.

#59 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

• Corrected Skill Point cost for Recovery (Party) & Integrity (Party) - Cleric classes will be given a forced reset and their skill reset skill will be refreshed

Skill reset skill? I dont get it.  :Emo_17:

#60 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

How long is that combat timer lasting? Like djilano said, a lot of people switch gears (usually jewelry and masks) for different situations.

If this timer completely disables the opportunity to change items, even less jewelry sets will actually be used in game.

Castanho, even with the ability to change sets people had their own playstyle, removing the ability to change won't make fights any more competitive than they were before.

Well the intention behind it is that they don't want people to switch for ex. mspeed in when they're about to die in the middle of CD for example, since a lot of people do this. 

The only issue (I think) with it is the fact that it might kill the whole buffing system for the clerics, its yet to try out but... max cha buffs :|

#61 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Skill reset skill? I dont get it.  :Emo_17:

I assume it's the Item Mall skill everyone got right after the skill update

#62 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well the intention behind it is that they don't want people to switch for ex. mspeed in when they're about to die in the middle of CD for example, since a lot of people do this. 

The only issue (I think) with it is the fact that it might kill the whole buffing system for the clerics, its yet to try out but... max cha buffs :|

I did understand that, which is why I ask how long this timer is. I think personally it shouldn't be longer than 5 seconds, so should you get out of combat you can change gear depending on the situation.

#63 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

This is gonna be very interesting, Sumomi. Now i ask my self... a better cha buff set with almost 0 defense... or some extra char with more def capcity  :p_love:

#64 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Correct. We found too many players were using this to make a 'quick escape' which was taking away the risk and skill of judging whether you wanted to enter combat with a monster or player. The idea of "hot swapping" equipment wasn't an intended design and was hindering some of the efforts we have been working towards when it comes to class design.

In a nutshell, pick the gear you want to commit to in a fight so you can either do your best, or be prepared to run from the start.

"The Black Traditional Chinese Outfit is also being put up for the first time ever"

Isn't it;

Spoiler

The black version? Then it's not out for the "first" time?

The black version was never released. (I physically had to add it to the item list after the voting was done) Just because we have pictures of some costumes, doesn't mean they're actually available. We have very few costumes we've been holding on to, since we started the voting process on Facebook. :) There are some alternates we haven't even shown yet. ;)

10 seconds, before you can switch gear once you are out of combat.

Things that put you in to combat

• Attacking a target, with melee or an offensive skill.
  • Being attacked by another player.
    • Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • Supporting a player who is engaged in combat. (Healing or buffing them)

You can still receive buffs and swap gear about, so long as you don't engage in combat. This is purely to stop the 'hot swap' effect mid-combat as we want to see players committed to battle once entered and if you manage to escape combat, only then, when you are safe, may you change gear to better prepare yourself.

#65 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

So we'll be seeing lotsa people walking around in tights  ( Power Suits ) this november brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

Or , Late oversized Halloween costume ( Samurai ) brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif

#66 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

If you just joina fight you can't choose. This is awesome, becasue NOW, players must find they own way to fight and try hard they skills.

Having a lot of different gears and jewelrys means you must gear your char based on your gamestyle.

This became a lot easy if you can wear everything.

This is gonna turn wars, pvp, any fight more competitive.

Like me, its easy to be a cleric and have a pwoerfull buff set and then switch to a gear that i can run faster, and get no damage. Now when i joina  war I must choose if I will go for a weakly gear with stron buffs or better deffense to run with and heal my mates

If you're a scout and have all sets and jewelry, where's the point fighting agains another scout with all gears and gems too? Now, only one will really get better based on they own build. More ap, more critical, an evasive build.. anyway.. 

And yet if "they have to find their own way to fight and try hard and try their skills"  some clanmate will walk in and start attacking you aswell? are you still going to use the gear you were using for a 1 VS 1?

No you try to use your real skills in order to survive, which is changing your gears or jewelry depending on your opponents class, how many people you are fighting, and then find out whether you should run and get some backup or try to kill both of them and trying to survive, which is trying to do 2 things at the same time which requires more skill more focus on your HP, MP, Opponents & surrounding area.

Now the clanmate will come in, start attacking you aswell, you try to run away on gears that aren't meant for running, or you try to tank on gears that aren't meant for tanking which will lead in certain death.

No more skill required, and this is the perspective of a player who you can find in the Training Ground or Sikuku Ruins on a daily basis.

And nothing personal though but I've said this for a numerous of times to different people who are giving comments like this: Have you ever been in the training grounds?

Edited by djilano, 08 November 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#67 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Oh wow... I have no idea but I was completely sure that I've seen the black traditional wear already... I must be tripping.

Also I do really like the changes with the cooldown etc. but I don't think it's benifical for CHA gear for clerics because it's only used for buffing, so technically people will have bad buffs when they need to rebuff because otherwise the cleric will have to play in CHA gear (which most healing clerics don't). Then again 10 seconds isn't so long but we'll see =)

#68 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

so how long til game is up agen ? brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif <---- oh i love that one ---> brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

#69 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

If you gonna join a war camp wich you know it can become more than a 1x1, you have to wear a better gear. There's is no secret. If you're  a raider, build yourself to handle some hits and run, are a scout, build yourself to became powerfull. Knight, be a full tanker?

You can't even be a class wich do everything, tank great, kill great, run faster. Thats why we have classes to choose between.

Wheres the point being a raider to run faster than everyone, have higher dodge, if  a knight wich are suposed to tank, can run more than you?

#70 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

• Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • my problem with this one leo is zones like dod, ruins & gates of muris u need to use pve gear to lvl/farm in these areas but if someone is bored and decides to come and pk you you are no longer going to be able to swop to pvp gear and fight back instead your going to be at a massive dissadvantage

Edited by DrunkinMonkey, 08 November 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#71 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

• my problem with this one leo is zones like dod, ruins & gates of muris u need to use pve gear to lvl/farm in these areas but if someone is bored and decides to come and pk you you are no longer going to be able to swop to pvp gear and fight back instead your going to be at a massive dissadvantage

And those areas are known. It adds to the strategy of the map, which do you want to be prepared for or how can you balance out being able to fight monsters or players, should either be an issue.

Remember, this is a game. I've been around far too long witnessing the many changes that has occurred over the years for ROSE, where there was so much hand holding, many forgot what it meant to enjoy a decent challenge and winning. By the time anyone is in a PvP zone, you should be pretty aware of how game play works and what your options are to face these particular challenges. :)

#72 3114130520104332030

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Leonis there is no fix for prison?

#73 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Leonis there is no fix for prison?

What would I be fixing?

#74 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

That's the same reason for PVP intended zones where no mobs are located. there is no chance of escaping or surviving when you accidentely bump into the wrong class of enemy on the wrong set of gears after being attacked. Being attacked by someone should have it's cooldown reduced to 50%, you cannot choose who is going to attack you or going to leave you alone so it's unfair that if you for example are changing gears and some random person attacks you for fun,  (which happens alot) you will have to wait 10 seconds before you can change the other part of the gears.

Being attacked and have the same cooldown time is just unfair, because when you attack someone yes you do choose to attack someone on that specifi set of gears, but when you getting attacked you have no time to switch, or even get yourself to safety/

I think this Battle Cooldown should have had a little bit more of thoughts from mutiple perspective, than only the "hot-swapping" perspective.

#75 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

What would I be fixing?

I guess they're atalking about the "invisible mobs"  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic