Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#76 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

What would I be fixing?

Yeah.. some people don't know or just don't understand that the changes in Prison has been made to prevent botters & grinding.

They are waiting for the "fix" to return the mob density as it used to be, i've been bumping into these people on a daily basis lol..

#77 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

That's the same reason for PVP intended zones where no mobs are located. there is no chance of escaping or surviving when you accidentely bump into the wrong class of enemy on the wrong set of gears after being attacked. Being attacked by someone should have it's cooldown reduced to 50%, you cannot choose who is going to attack you or going to leave you alone so it's unfair that if you for example are changing gears and some random person attacks you for fun,  (which happens alot) you will have to wait 10 seconds before you can change the other part of the gears.

Being attacked and have the same cooldown time is just unfair, because when you attack someone yes you do choose to attack someone on that specifi set of gears, but when you getting attacked you have no time to switch, or even get yourself to safety/

I think this Battle Cooldown should have had a little bit more of thoughts from mutiple perspective, than only the "hot-swapping" perspective.

Please read what you quoted from me. I covered that we are aware of all this. It will now be up to you to consider foresight of such situations. Consider it a new 'game rule' you will need to play by. These situations are very conditional and do not apply to all areas.

Fact of the matter is

• If you are ambushed, it is a reward for the player who set up the trap that you are not at your optimal.
  • If you emerge victorious from an ambush, either you planned for it which is a commendation to your forethought, if not skill, and/or teamwork (depending on the situation)

If someone were to jump out and surprise you, sure your reaction may be to run. But would you be able to stop and change something on you, to give you the benefit to run faster? Doubtful, you'll have to think on your feet and quickly about how to deal with the situation. Fight or flight.

#78 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

How long is that combat timer lasting? Like djilano said, a lot of people switch gears (usually jewelry and masks) for different situations.

If this timer completely disables the opportunity to change items, even less jewelry sets will actually be used in game.

Castanho, even with the ability to change sets people had their own playstyle, removing the ability to change won't make fights any more competitive than they were before.

I've already tried to explain Castanho that, but Castanho doesn't participate in such things as "Warring", and he said "fighting a scout with the same gears and gems and jewelry sets"

Uhm do I have the same gears/gems/jewelry sets as for example my friend? No I don't we both have all jewel sets, but both have different Stats or Gems in them, we both fight on different sets while fighting eachother.

If I almost die, wouldn't it be handy for me to stun my friend and then quickly switch to full defense so I can recover some HP and lower his damage in order to survive and get back on my feet?

And then from there try to finish the fight with maybe a different set?

The variety of the Gear Sets, Jewelry Sets, Gems, will be limited to almost nothing in combat, the variety of playing a different role in a war is now completely gone.

But yeah let's just see how it goes..

#79 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Please read what you quoted from me. I covered that we are aware of all this. It will now be up to you to consider foresight of such situations. Consider it a new 'game rule' you will need to play by. These situations are very conditional and do not apply to all areas.

Fact of the matter is

• If you are ambushed, it is a reward for the player who set up the trap that you are not at your optimal.
  • If you emerge victorious from an ambush, either you planned for it which is a commendation to your forethought, if not skill, and/or teamwork (depending on the situation)

If someone were to jump out and surprise you, sure your reaction may be to run. But would you be able to stop and change something on you, to give you the benefit to run faster? Doubtful, you'll have to think on your feet and quickly about how to deal with the situation. Fight or flight.

I have never stopped to change my gear.. that would just be completely retarded, you can run change your gears and then fight the opponent but atleast I've got the time to prepare myself.

Besides are you might have read the "acomplishment" or "reward" of winning a ambush is nothing really, at the moment it doesn't matter whether you win or not you will just get called "Noob" "Weak" people tell you to "Delete your character", use the trade chat and say things that were never true, this has been going on for over half a year now and has come up on the forums quite some time.

The "reward" or "acomplishment" isn't just worth anything at all and nobody will care.

#80 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Sorry for the delay everyone, there's an error that's popped up that didn't during testing so we're looking in to what happened. Unfortunately, because we know not the nature of the error, we cannot estimate a fix time for it just yet. I'll keep you updated as I get more information.

#81 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Is it going to be 9 hours like it happened before?

So I don't need to wait to set vend up overnight before sleep.

#82 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I assume it's the Item Mall skill everyone got right after the skill update

Mkay.. Now it's the 'refreshed' part which I don't get. Does it mean clerics will have 24hr skill resets again?

#83 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Is it going to be 9 hours like it happened before?

So I don't need to wait to set vend up overnight before sleep.

I hope not, but there's still no cause found yet. It sometimes can take a while to locate.

Mkay.. Now it's the 'refreshed' part which I don't get. Does it mean clerics will have 24hr skill resets again?

Yes.

#84 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Client Updates
Added combat check timer, which prevents equipment switches, mounting/driving and ride/trade requests while in combat.  Combat timer is invoked for attacker and target when hostile action occurs (melee, damaging skill or negative status effect applied), and when applying heals/status effects to a friendly target that is in combat.

The cooldown before you can change gear is 10 seconds, once you are out of combat.

Things that put you in to combat

• Attacking a target, with melee or an offensive skill.
  • Being attacked by another player.
    • Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • Supporting a player who is engaged in combat. (Healing or buffing them)

You can still receive buffs and swap gear about, so long as you don't engage in combat. This is purely to stop the 'hot swap' effect mid-combat as we want to see players committed to battle once entered and if you manage to escape combat, only then, when you are safe, may you change gear to better prepare yourself.Client Updates
Added combat check timer, which prevents equipment switches, mounting/driving and ride/trade requests while in combat.  Combat timer is invoked for attacker and target when hostile action occurs (melee, damaging skill or negative status effect applied), and when applying heals/status effects to a friendly target that is in combat.

The cooldown before you can change gear is 10 seconds, once you are out of combat.

Things that put you in to combat

• Attacking a target, with melee or an offensive skill.
  • Being attacked by another player.
    • Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • Supporting a player who is engaged in combat. (Healing or buffing them)

You can still receive buffs and swap gear about, so long as you don't engage in combat. This is purely to stop the 'hot swap' effect mid-combat as we want to see players committed to battle once entered and if you manage to escape combat, only then, when you are safe, may you change gear to better prepare yourself.

am just wondering how cleric can handle these thing, from buff gears into a combat gears, since 10seconds after you can chance another one, accessories will last 30seconds to change them all.... gears will last 40seconds to complete change and weapon and shield/magic tool will be 20, thats means a minute and half cleric will just stand there to wait and avoid go battle to change everything... now explain how is that convincing good for them..... you maybe better get that buff gear or set and that normal gear be one for cleric to be more ease in the battlefield....

really dont understand why cleric always affected, last time skill update we have hardtime finding the better build up untill we get the better one but having trouble buying and finding those charm stuff on the market that price as high as the sky, and now cant used that during battle and buffing at that time, thats so unfair for the others who just waiting for cleric buff and all stuff are reasy to battle after all the buff stuff they get from clerics.... while clerics left behind waiting.... hahahaha so balance,,,, yes......

#85 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yes.

OMG! I love you!  :p_love:

#86 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

:( .... GRRR i will quit playing cleric~!!!

#87 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

OMG! I love you!  :p_love:

ahahaha yes you will get a 24hours of reskill, restat and maybe restart-unique skills...

but i hope will get the best of that... after that 10seconds intervals of changing stuff...

#88 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

Johno, after 10 seconds you can change all gears (as long as you stay out of combat, at least), you don't have to wait 10 seconds for every piece of equipment you change. 

#89 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

:( .... GRRR i will quit playing cleric~!!!

if you do cleric population will be more of scarcity since last skill update most people quit playing

#90 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Johno, after 10 seconds you can change all gears (as long as you stay out of combat, at least), you don't have to wait 10 seconds for every piece of equipment you change. 

well lets see about that after the server back on operation, after all CD is hard to comply that idea since everyone there get hit from time to time.... is thats what it says after 10seconds you can change all will be great idea but if every piece, completely hell no....

#91 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

if you do cleric population will be more of scarcity since last skill update most people quit playing

Unless you have access to our internal network, tools and logs, please refrain from making statements that have no fact behind it on player population. We've actually had a surge of players returning and signing back up since the Skill Update. The few vocal who may have left, were players who were taking advantage over the unbalanced aspect of game play and were unwilling to adapt because they now had to give effort to being able to compete against others.

#92 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

guess i wont be able to buff  my teammates in cd with high charm during fight ..

advance  :ani_sry: teammates :(

#93 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

am just wondering how cleric can handle these thing, from buff gears into a combat gears, since 10seconds after you can chance another one, accessories will last 30seconds to change them all.... gears will last 40seconds to complete change and weapon and shield/magic tool will be 20, thats means a minute and half cleric will just stand there to wait and avoid go battle to change everything... now explain how is that convincing good for them..... you maybe better get that buff gear or set and that normal gear be one for cleric to be more ease in the battlefield....

really dont understand why cleric always affected, last time skill update we have hardtime finding the better build up untill we get the better one but having trouble buying and finding those charm stuff on the market that price as high as the sky, and now cant used that during battle and buffing at that time, thats so unfair for the others who just waiting for cleric buff and all stuff are reasy to battle after all the buff stuff they get from clerics.... while clerics left behind waiting.... hahahaha so balance,,,, yes......

I believe you misunderstand how this works. This is a combat cooldown, based on entering combat. Not changing gears. When you enter combat, you are not allowed to change gear, until you are no longer in combat, for 10 seconds.

Changing gear, is not entering combat.

#94 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Unless you have access to our internal network, tools and logs, please refrain from making statements that have no fact behind it on player population. We've actually had a surge of players returning and signing back up since the Skill Update. The few vocal who may have left, were players who were taking advantage over the unbalanced aspect of game play and were unwilling to adapt because they now had to give effort to being able to compete against others.

if thats the case mr leo i would love to meet those people and play with them again, as i botice most of my friendslist are not getting online since then... or maybe the case if that they are just making new characters thats would be great....

#95 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

guess i wont be able to buff  my teammates in cd with high charm during fight ..

advance  :ani_sry: teammates :(

Indeed, this does set a challenge for support Clerics to decide what they're going to wear.

You will want to consider, whether you want to provide stronger support or perhaps be more defensive. It would also stand to reason that your team will want to consider how much they protect their Cleric from being attacked head-on.

There are many intricate considerations that comes with this little change, we look forward to seeing how it affects game play overall but mostly in competitive situations.

#96 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

if thats the case mr leo i would love to meet those people and play with them again, as i botice most of my friendslist are not getting online since then... or maybe the case if that they are just making new characters thats would be great....

Where you look for players, the time zone you're in, contribute to whether you'll find others naturally where you want to go or not. You can always try creating a party before hand and then go together somewhere. As for friends, those are your friends. Players come and go, make new characters, change servers, get name changes. Many possibilities exist.

#97 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

I believe you misunderstand how this works. This is a combat cooldown, based on entering combat. Not changing gears. When you enter combat, you are not allowed to change gear, until you are no longer in combat, for 10 seconds.

Changing gear, is not entering combat.

oh thats great news for me, but i hope people in CD will understand why i cant buff them again normally with high charm after they die from attack and go ask another buff while everyone in the area got hit including clerics.... pleace but these will be good also for them to know after all....clerics could not switch every now and then into buff set while being hit from everywhere in CD, since everyone there love to kill the clerics first...

#98 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yes, GA dungeon monsters have been reviewed and adjusted to be more in line with changes following the skill update.  Difficulty may have to be adjusted further following player feedback, but monsters will be notably more difficult than they are currently.

Thanks for the update Genesis!

O.o dunno what bug it is speak of but mobs in dungon looks fine as it is,whit no cleric it is almost imposible to do dungon only way to make it is if you have crafted buffs and a good team work so way change the mobs? only bug i know of is that sometimes you get kicked out for no reason

The first two bosses in HoO were being killed way to easily.

#99 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Where you look for players, the time zone you're in, contribute to whether you'll find others naturally where you want to go or not. You can always try creating a party before hand and then go together somewhere. As for friends, those are your friends. Players come and go, make new characters, change servers, get name changes. Many possibilities exist.

am just wondering my leo since you already made changes on monsters too to match up the players growth, now i am confuse about the kings, since they are much stronger than players, what changes you made them these time....

#100 Wilycat

Wilycat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

All that "real" money spent on reroll hammers to get high Charm was for nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users