Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#101 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

am just also wondering me my self is a premium account user and use real money to get that advantage, but daily goift gives always crap, it always gives me x2 exp medal but i am max as of now i have 8 or 9 exp medals thats for 10minutes each but i dont used them since i am maxe and even if i used that its useless for me, i am just wondering instead of giving those medals to be useless for us will there wanyways we can make useful things as well to convert them up or change the daily into something usefull since we dont need those anymore, in case we can also purchase better one in the mall that that 10minutes only... is there anyways you can change those daily into something useful for us...

#102 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

so.... *cough*

how 'bout them lucky spin costumes, eh? p-pretty fancy stuff..

#103 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

so.... *cough*

how 'bout them lucky spin costumes, eh? p-pretty fancy stuff..

S..s..sure is..

#104 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

and btw sir leonis what if they attack us in spawn? and i am buffing with charm set what should we do about that? any suggestion?

Edited by micie, 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#105 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

lol i love watching people freak out every time you guys change something..."OMG I CANT CHANGE GEAR ON MY CLERIC TO BUFF PPL!!! THE WORLD HAS ENDED B/C I CANT BUFF AND FIGHT WITH THE SAME GEAR ON!"

my god people use your brains for once and come up with a strategy that doesnt rely on your being the all powerful and mighty at all times with the best gear for every situation...you were given a brain to think...how about you try and use it for a little while instead of just freaking out b/c you cant have everything your way all the time

#106 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

and btw sir leonis what if attack us in spawn? and i am buffing with charm set what should we do about that? any suggestion?

ay baw ka lenti, ginpangutana mo pa day, na waay na gid ka mabuhat ti mamatay ka didto eh, kag sang buff set mo man wala sang deffence.....

#107 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

and btw sir leonis what if attack us in spawn? and i am buffing with charm set what should we do about that? any suggestion?

Yes, I do wonder about this as well. Although the spawn area occasionally heals, it does not supply nearly sufficient protection. If a cleric is in cha set there to buff, and can't change to combat set because they're getting camped at spawn (which shouldn't be possible in the first place), the cleric will just be helpless, especially since sets used for buffing don't have a lot of defence.

#108 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

yes...here's a novel idea...

get your group to  "GASP WAIT FOR IT!" do what theyre supposed to be doing like protect the cleric

Edit: sorry if i sound rude saying that but everyone is complaining about stuff without actually thinking about it and coming up with a solution...my rudeness isnt directed at you micie and im sorry if it came out rude towards you

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 08 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#109 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yes, I do wonder about this as well. Although the spawn area occasionally heals, it does not supply nearly sufficient protection. If a cleric is in cha set there to buff, and can't change to combat set because they're getting camped at spawn (which shouldn't be possible in the first place), the cleric will just be helpless, especially since sets used for buffing don't have a lot of defence.

I agree, there ought to be absolutely NO WAY for the opposing team to spawn camp. I still say, put a boss mob there, and let it pew pew every enemy that comes! :D

#110 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

oh thats great news for me, but i hope people in CD will understand why i cant buff them again normally with high charm after they die from attack and go ask another buff while everyone in the area got hit including clerics.... pleace but these will be good also for them to know after all....clerics could not switch every now and then into buff set while being hit from everywhere in CD, since everyone there love to kill the clerics first...

I realize that this mechanical change will cause other aspects of game play to change. But the change itself is going to be to a specific aspect of game play. Being able to hot swap is going to give the need to consider what you're getting yourself in to, before you step in to it and once you have, be committed to it.

For support, it will mean you will want to consider how durable you want to be, vs how supportive you need to be.

Offensively, you want to give better buffs.

Defensively, if you get attacked, you want to be able to survive long enough for an ally to take them down for you or you take them yourself.

It largely will be just a matter of how much consideration you have in what you expect to get yourself in to. I know there is going to be a lot of discussion over this, a lot of complaint and praise. It all depends on the viewpoint you're viewing it from.

am just wondering my leo since you already made changes on monsters too to match up the players growth, now i am confuse about the kings, since they are much stronger than players, what changes you made them these time....

Kings got stronger. More HP, more defense. The use of debuff skills (like defense down) or the piercing skills, will play a bigger part in defeating them now than before because of their natural higher defenses and other stats. Kings were never meant to be solo'd, as a consideration to fighting something of equal level. Taking down a lower level monster is one thing, but they're still going to be tough for what they are, even if you are that much higher than they are.

#111 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

I agree, there ought to be absolutely NO WAY for the opposing team to spawn camp. I still say, put a boss mob there, and let it pew pew every enemy that comes! :D

ahahaha i hate the idea of camping and also the boss they that pew pew everyone, of course first to perish is the chram cleric, hahahaha, oh i just wanted also to say why crafted set states not the set name itself and also why does dungeon mounts giftbox cant de deposited on the storage..... is that bug also, well them hope these patch fixed that thing....

#112 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

sir leonis try to play CD and use cleric so that u will know :) thx

#113 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

I realize that this mechanical change will cause other aspects of game play to change. But the change itself is going to be to a specific aspect of game play. Being able to hot swap is going to give the need to consider what you're getting yourself in to, before you step in to it and once you have, be committed to it.

For support, it will mean you will want to consider how durable you want to be, vs how supportive you need to be.

Offensively, you want to give better buffs.

Defensively, if you get attacked, you want to be able to survive long enough for an ally to take them down for you or you take them yourself.

It largely will be just a matter of how much consideration you have in what you expect to get yourself in to. I know there is going to be a lot of discussion over this, a lot of complaint and praise. It all depends on the viewpoint you're viewing it from.

i think what you guys implemented is a great idea leo...i just dont understand why people want everything so easy and refuse to just think ahead a little bit instead of just wanting to have the easy button there for them to push whenever they can

but aside from that the combat cooldown is a great idea as it will force people to make decisions about their gear that will enhance their gameplay instead of just being the same old routine constantly

#114 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

The boss mob wouldn't pew pew everyone, just any member of the opposing team that came into the spawn area.

#115 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

wooops before i forgot Sir Leonis you should warn us first before u make the items account bound..

Goodbye Mage Diary Rerolld to int 20 account bounded to my lowbie zzzzz

#116 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

The boss mob wouldn't pew pew everyone, just any member of the opposing team that came into the spawn area.

so would we be able to buff said boss if it would essentially be on our team? =)

#117 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Is the AI capable of annihilating an entire team that easily though.

To prevent spawn camping (which will be especially annoying if you can't change gears in combat, although this in itself isn't a bad change), I think that you should just get a 100% dmg reduction while in the spawn area. No reason to attack someone if you won't deal damage anyway.

#118 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Kings got stronger. More HP, more defense. 

I hope you've increased the exp and drops we'd get from killing them, too.

#119 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

wooops before i forgot Sir Leonis you should warn us first before u make the items account bound..

Goodbye Mage Diary Rerolld to int 20 account bounded to my lowbie zzzzz

hahahaha i made the same mistakes like you did

the problem is tha account i pass the item was a 230 artisan and 150 champ

none of them can use the book, artisan could equipe it but pretty useless since asrtisan dont need offhand with int maybe oa sen or con it is could be a useful one...

#120 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Not really, since it's "in comebat (tf I wrote comeback before?)". I played cleric the other day just to try it out, I'd like to say compared to my raider.. they tank like there's no tomorrow, I don't see why people are saying that everyone's quitting for some reason. Surprising how many clerics there must have been if everyone quitted, when I qued a CD with 5 clerics on each side, yeaaah.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 08 November 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#121 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

i think what you guys implemented is a great idea leo...i just dont understand why people want everything so easy and refuse to just think ahead a little bit instead of just wanting to have the easy button there for them to push whenever they can

but aside from that the combat cooldown is a great idea as it will force people to make decisions about their gear that will enhance their gameplay instead of just being the same old routine constantly

It was something I looked back on, from the years of development and changes, that there was a lot of 'simplifying' game play, to try to cater to more players with, however I feel like it dropped a weight on our toe at the same time, because it became too simple, too easy, that it no longer was a challenge or a game to enjoy overcoming challenges in. I remember some of the greatest games I've ever played would also occasionally frustrate me. But not because I thought it was unfair, but because my skill wasn't good enough and it forced me to focus and try new things, come up with strategies to try and see what worked and what didn't. I mean, it's a game after all, dying won't end my existence in it. We just start over from the spawn point and carry on.

The past year, especially the skill update, was working towards implementing a few more rules to game play, here and there. Because I feel like we stripped too many out that removed the pleasure we used to experience from the very old days of ROSE. Back when we knew the fear of fighting a monster higher level than us or the kind of party we needed in order to properly take a King down. The Kings themselves may not have been extremely life threatening, but they took forever to take down.

As for the camper monster that pew pew enemies, that's something I want to see put in very badly, but we're lacking a couple key things to pull it off at the moment, but not too far off from it becoming a reality either. I think that would help place a bit of fairness behind potential camping matters.

#122 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

not a good idea i think it would be better if the person who will be respawning there will be invalid target to be attack for 15seconds also in that case clerics can buff all the way and change gear afterall then come back into battle... that would be better idea, a little time conpensition for the new spawning characters....

#123 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Goodbye Mage Diary Rerolld to int 20 account bounded to my lowbie huhu :(

Don't throw it away. We're going to be working on an item that will allow for a one time trade for certain bound items. It requires our databse to be updated though, which is still an ongoing project that's being painfully worked on to get done as fast as we can.

#124 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

"If I almost die.

You got the point" the "almost" will no longer exist, you will get killed and who killed you will be the winner.

I used to play a server wheres this fool switches are not available, so people explore max they can of each class to survive and be the winner.

#125 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Alright, i was not gona suggest this but as i see it it is time for the devs to jump on my fun vagon brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

here is my little ide,  as you all know there is legend equipment for all stats exept for charm, i think there shuld bin one for charm to for muse class, that will give the clerics the chance to have some good defence at same time be on to give good buffs and heals.

shure for some this might sound stupid and for some it might sounds grate but i think thats kinda  brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users