Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#126 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

It was something I looked back on, from the years of development and changes, that there was a lot of 'simplifying' game play, to try to cater to more players with, however I feel like it dropped a weight on our toe at the same time, because it became too simple, too easy, that it no longer was a challenge or a game to enjoy overcoming challenges in. I remember some of the greatest games I've ever played would also occasionally frustrate me. But not because I thought it was unfair, but because my skill wasn't good enough and it forced me to focus and try new things, come up with strategies to try and see what worked and what didn't. I mean, it's a game after all, dying won't end my existence in it. We just start over from the spawn point and carry on.

The past year, especially the skill update, was working towards implementing a few more rules to game play, here and there. Because I feel like we stripped too many out that removed the pleasure we used to experience from the very old days of ROSE. Back when we knew the fear of fighting a monster higher level than us or the kind of party we needed in order to properly take a King down. The Kings themselves may not have been extremely life threatening, but they took forever to take down.

As for the camper monster that pew pew enemies, that's something I want to see put in very badly, but we're lacking a couple key things to pull it off at the moment, but not too far off from it becoming a reality either. I think that would help place a bit of fairness behind potential camping matters.

i totally agree with you...i remember playing rose in beta and it taking me like 3 weeks to get to lvl 40 and i was so proud that i could finally use that rake hand i got from a drop and having to plan out my skills to make the best of what points i had to spend

it gets quite boring doing the same things in the same spots over and over and over again so i for one am looking forward to this change even tho i dont do much on the PVP side of the game its still gonna make things more interesting

P.S. leo ive been around rose for a long time and i dont do much posting on the forums but i would like to extend my thanks to you for doing what you have been doing for the game and trying to better our gaming experience with rose b/c its been a long time coming and youre doing a great job with it

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 08 November 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#127 KccPower

KccPower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

The only ppl who are complaining has to be the ones with all types of jewel sets in their inventory right now lol(maybe got some in storage and access it using coupon too). I mean Leonis did a good one on this since in Rose everyone wanna be top 1. Switching gears for every opponent is just a bad idea for a MMO, then basically ur tking away the meaning of a "class." Every type of class has its own ability and pros/cons. For Instance a knight obviously for tanking, i mean i dnt see a knight in game that can do decent dmge and tank aside from Rose. With this new gear changing implementation i think its gooing to make pvp and gameplay better. I personally got all the xbow jewels and gears, but i use one set thru out the pvp/fights.

#128 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Alright, i was not gona suggest this but as i see it it is time for the devs to jump on my fun vagon brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

here is my little ide,  as you all know there is legend equipment for all stats exept for charm, i think there shuld bin one for charm to for muse class, that will give the clerics the chance to have some good defence at same time be on to give good buffs and heals.

shure for some this might sound stupid and for some it might sounds grate but i think thats kinda  brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif 

exactly for others thats dont used to play clerics its kinda stupid

but for people who plays clerics its a pain in the butt

but i like the idea of instead cleric will follow on mage way why not developer made it cleric to be charm build stand alone from mage thing since mage will always be int build, and why not made a thing that is specially for cleric in that case there is not much husstle, yeah i know some people think its stupid like everyone does talking, people will say we cant have everything as easy as we like, but reality yes some jobs could have there equipment easy to get, but look on the brighter side for the other jobs thats must have couple of set to make other people happy, clerics are not build for them selves, most players rely on them to be stronger and keep alive, dont be pathetic yes knights i dont know what happen to them they just come to be god in the past months afterall.... look at these example, a raider or a scout joining CD or maybe a battle artisan or a bourge join CD they could just have been one set carrying with them but look at cleric, to make them happy with the buff they mush have the charm set as people if you dont know cleric who go there with low all stat buff lessthan +50 you are crap for them and weak.... why dont you go CD with cleric who is just a beginner then tell us what you felt like after you are humiliated by others.... sometimes its hurts, really reality hurts when people just moch on you because you have no buff set and all you have is what you have and have less buff... think about it before you guys says anything about what cleric do for you alfter all... even dungeon group people always says that not a good cleric low buff, kick and get a better one....

#129 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sir Leonis .. why cleric cant boost himself/herself with own buffs? its like your giving +64 or +65 increase  all stat and high buffs to everyone except yourself?

#130 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sir Leonis .. why cleric cant boost himself/herself with own buffs? its like your giving +64 or +65 increase  all stat and high buffs to everyone except yourself?

Your buffs get recalculated when you change equipment, so if you change from a high charm set to a lower charm set your buffs will also drop in power.

This recalculation is done to prevent buffsets.

#131 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

it is because after changing your charm set into normal set you hances everything in your stat points thats why while having other boosted up by your buff of charms your self gos back to normal set stat after changing them up....

#132 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

Your buffs get recalculated when you change equipment, so if you change from a high charm set to a lower charm set your buffs will also drop in power.

This recalculation is done to prevent buffsets.

another thing im glad they implemented^

my main has always been a cleric and it got tiring having to tell ppl "im only buffing one time" and "i dont care if you have buffsets youre getting buffed once" and then getting flamed b/c i wouldnt cater to their buffsets lol

#133 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

oh okay :) thanks 

#134 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

You know, I'm 'new' to the game again. Having to relearn how to play since everything is so different from years ago, and different from years ago before that. Used to play back when you had to pay monthly to play the game at all, then during the period where there was just IM and no premium time. Playing now, I have to say I like the changes. Instead of dumbing down the game, it's actually more challenging, better balanced, and takes intellectual thought if you want to make your toon decent and useful. It's not perfect by any means, but it's not all bad either. As well as it looks like the staff actually listens to people with their input in the game. So while it may look like it wont work or has suddenly made it more challenging for some classes, at least give it a shot and try it out. See how it actually works in game play and not just on paper. That way when you DO have issues and complaints, you have better input for them and a better chance at offering productive solutions or changes to address your issues.

The only real bad thing I've seen so far when it comes to trying to level a character, especially for new people to the game or returning people such as myself. Is the limit of skill/stat resets avaliable to free playing players. The skill/stat resets are running out from the skill update, and being limited to only once period through Darren on Junon isn't enough. I can see limiting it a bit so people don't abuse it, like make it cost zulie and increase the price each time to a cap price, but there are so many options and paths to choose it can take a while to find what a person prefers and likes. If this has been addressed then please ignore it.

Oh, and before anyone comes down on me for defending these changes cause 'oh well you don't have a cleric so of course your fine with it', I'm working on leveling to be a full support cleric (still only at level 52 atm) because I LOVE randomly buffing people. So this combat cooldown isn't going to keep me out of the fire at all if I randomly go running around giving people buffs while they're trying to level or whatever. But instead of complaining, I see this as a challenge to show just how good I can be at playing my toon.

#135 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

thats the reason why i sold my buff set, but since everyone always humiliated me in dungeon and in CD i decided to get one again but as of now its not yet complete and most other keep on complaining i have fail buff, you know what it means? crap... why not just make the buff like int before and get that charm thing kick off from the stat....

#136 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

You know, I'm 'new' to the game again. Having to relearn how to play since everything is so different from years ago, and different from years ago before that. Used to play back when you had to pay monthly to play the game at all, then during the period where there was just IM and no premium time. Playing now, I have to say I like the changes. Instead of dumbing down the game, it's actually more challenging, better balanced, and takes intellectual thought if you want to make your toon decent and useful. It's not perfect by any means, but it's not all bad either. As well as it looks like the staff actually listens to people with their input in the game. So while it may look like it wont work or has suddenly made it more challenging for some classes, at least give it a shot and try it out. See how it actually works in game play and not just on paper. That way when you DO have issues and complaints, you have better input for them and a better chance at offering productive solutions or changes to address your issues.

The only real bad thing I've seen so far when it comes to trying to level a character, especially for new people to the game or returning people such as myself. Is the limit of skill/stat resets avaliable to free playing players. The skill/stat resets are running out from the skill update, and being limited to only once period through Darren on Junon isn't enough. I can see limiting it a bit so people don't abuse it, like make it cost zulie and increase the price each time to a cap price, but there are so many options and paths to choose it can take a while to find what a person prefers and likes. If this has been addressed then please ignore it.

Oh, and before anyone comes down on me for defending these changes cause 'oh well you don't have a cleric so of course your fine with it', I'm working on leveling to be a full support cleric (still only at level 52 atm) because I LOVE randomly buffing people. So this combat cooldown isn't going to keep me out of the fire at all if I randomly go running around giving people buffs while they're trying to level or whatever. But instead of complaining, I see this as a challenge to show just how good I can be at playing my toon.

actually if your a peope desire to come back from the dead, you have your 3 free resets on your skill tab on your item mall skills that last for 24 hours, if you are one of the old but if you created your toon currently right after the skill update and implementation of the new skill trees, sadly you dont have them but i think the cleric thing will be ok since the refreshes the cleric resets, but since you stayed at lvl 52, i think your not one of the lucky people who get a refrest of the resets.... thank you for sharing your idea....

#137 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

well luna you seem like a decent and well spoken player and if you play on leonis look me up as im a like minded individual and would enjoy the company of someone who can actually use a bit of intellect while playing rose (not saying that i havent found quite a few of these types of people as of late but sometimes theyre hard to come by)

i have quite a few lower lvl toons that ive been messing with and im sure i have something around your clerics lvl so if you ever feel like partying let me know

IGN: DroHeals (my buffer that im always on) also if you see anyone running around with dr0 or dro in the name its most likely me lol

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 08 November 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#138 thotsssssssss

thotsssssssss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hii, servers up? XD Sorry can't read all of your posts. So I don't know if the servers up or not yet. Hehe. :

#139 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

actually if your a peope desire to come back from the dead, you have your 3 free resets on your skill tab on your item mall skills that last for 24 hours, if you are one of the old but if you created your toon currently right after the skill update and implementation of the new skill trees, sadly you dont have them but i think the cleric thing will be ok since the refreshes the cleric resets, but since you stayed at lvl 52, i think your not one of the lucky people who get a refrest of the resets.... thank you for sharing your idea....

I got the one for coming back because my muse was level 49 at the time of coming back to the game. But yes, I only came back a few days ago. So I couldn't make it to the level 100 to do the cleric in time for this anyways. My main concern is trying to make new toons and learn how they work. Sure you can look it all up and read on it and do it that way, but that's all stats and math, you wont know how you like that set up until you try it and see how it actually plays out. That and it takes away the fun of just playing the game. Not being able to find a way outside of IM to be able to do stat/skill reset more then one freebie with Darren (which seems to have a level/quest requirement before it's available) really makes it hard for new people to get into the game. Especially for the kids because they don't all have the ability to use mommy and daddy's credit card to pay for the game and get the IM reset item.

#140 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I got the one for coming back because my muse was level 49 at the time of coming back to the game. But yes, I only came back a few days ago. So I couldn't make it to the level 100 to do the cleric in time for this anyways. My main concern is trying to make new toons and learn how they work. Sure you can look it all up and read on it and do it that way, but that's all stats and math, you wont know how you like that set up until you try it and see how it actually plays out. That and it takes away the fun of just playing the game. Not being able to find a way outside of IM to be able to do stat/skill reset more then one freebie with Darren (which seems to have a level/quest requirement before it's available) really makes it hard for new people to get into the game. Especially for the kids because they don't all have the ability to use mommy and daddy's credit card to pay for the game and get the IM reset item.

well when you toon was created before the skill updated its sure had the 3 free resets in your skill tab, like i do have on my hawker in leo, but my cleric yet muse was created after the skill update os eventually it has none, but who knows lets check later on when the server is up, you can find the 3 resets on your skill tab at the very down at your item mall skills

#141 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

well luna you seem like a decent and well spoken player and if you play on leonis look me up as im a like minded individual and would enjoy the company of someone who can actually use a bit of intellect while playing rose (not saying that i havent found quite a few of these types of people as of late but sometimes theyre hard to come by)

i have quite a few lower lvl toons that ive been messing with and im sure i have something around your clerics lvl so if you ever feel like partying let me know

IGN: DroHeals (my buffer that im always on) also if you see anyone running around with dr0 or dro in the name its most likely me lol

I love intellectual conversations ^.^ LoonyLuna or LunaTinker if you ever feel froggy. Mind you the spawnling may have me AFK, I don't get to do party in the game as I'm not dependable and I'm not going to hold others back just cause my RL is hectic XD. But I'm always up for chatting or trying to buff people and share the lovins.

#142 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

well when you toon was created before the skill updated its sure had the 3 free resets in your skill tab, like i do have on my hawker in leo, but my cleric yet muse was created after the skill update os eventually it has none, but who knows lets check later on when the server is up, you can find the 3 resets on your skill tab at the very down at your item mall skills

*facepalm* lol. I had my one muse that was made before the skill update. I've tinkered with her a few times already with the skill reset. It's not ME I'm concerned with. I'm talking new players, people making new toons. For instance I made a Dealer just the other day, AFTER this skill update. Therefore they have NO skill reset chances at all. It makes it very hard to level them and know where I want to go with them or where to put skill points to properly set them up until I get to where I can make them an Artisan. However I can be laid back and go with the flow and be ok if I mess up because I can have fun with anything.

However for the player base and trying to draw a higher player base for a game as involved and complex as ROSE is. There needs to be a better system for new free players making new toons to be able to play around with skill/stat set ups and so on so they arn't stuck with one set up. Grow bored or irritated with it, and decide to drop the game cause it was 'no fun' and didn't want to have to go and remake a whole new character and go through all that leveling again, JUST to try a different stat/skill set up.

#143 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

I love intellectual conversations ^.^ LoonyLuna or LunaTinker if you ever feel froggy. Mind you the spawnling may have me AFK, I don't get to do party in the game as I'm not dependable and I'm not going to hold others back just cause my RL is hectic XD. But I'm always up for chatting or trying to buff people and share the lovins.

lol thats quite alright i dont mind having ppl who afk a lot as i usually solo a lot b/c i tend to not get along with ppl who cant think 2 mins ahead of the here and now so if you do want to party i wont mind if you have to afk for this or that as i understand a hectic life myself lol

and im always up for a good conversation myself so im sure ill run into you or just pester you from time to time to stimulate my intellectual reserve ^^

P.S. just curious but you wouldnt happen to play another game with the name Raevynfire would you? only reason i ask is i met someone on CS who played rose and said she was gonna start playing again when she came back from vacation lol

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 08 November 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#144 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

*facepalm* lol. I had my one muse that was made before the skill update. I've tinkered with her a few times already with the skill reset. It's not ME I'm concerned with. I'm talking new players, people making new toons. For instance I made a Dealer just the other day, AFTER this skill update. Therefore they have NO skill reset chances at all. It makes it very hard to level them and know where I want to go with them or where to put skill points to properly set them up until I get to where I can make them an Artisan. However I can be laid back and go with the flow and be ok if I mess up because I can have fun with anything.

However for the player base and trying to draw a higher player base for a game as involved and complex as ROSE is. There needs to be a better system for new free players making new toons to be able to play around with skill/stat set ups and so on so they arn't stuck with one set up. Grow bored or irritated with it, and decide to drop the game cause it was 'no fun' and didn't want to have to go and remake a whole new character and go through all that leveling again, JUST to try a different stat/skill set up.

yes thats adsolute that they dont have

maybe only if they refreshes all the job to have a resets again that time the new toons could have them

#145 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

lol thats quite alright i dont mind having ppl who afk a lot as i usually solo a lot b/c i tend to not get along with ppl who cant think 2 mins ahead of the here and now so if you do want to party i wont mind if you have to afk for this or that as i understand a hectic life myself lol

and im always up for a good conversation myself so im sure ill run into you or just pester you from time to time to stimulate my intellectual reserve ^^

P.S. just curious but you wouldnt happen to play another game with the name Raevynfire would you? only reason i ask is i met someone on CS who played rose and said she was gonna start playing again when she came back from vacation lol

No I don't. Not with that name though I do like it. Specially with Rae in the name XD And sure, always feel free to say hi to me if you want. If you can be patient with my AFKness and realize if I don't reply right away it's not cause I'm ignoring but cause I'm busy then by all means. ^.^ Oh and if you can put up with my n00b questions in the game that'd be wonderful XD, I'm still learning all this new stuff and trying to sift through all the old outdated info and all the new and what is what can be a bit of a brain drain. That and I'm usually always trying to help low level new people actually get into the game, even with my pansy toons as they are. It's why I level so slow.

#146 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

No I don't. Not with that name though I do like it. Specially with Rae in the name XD And sure, always feel free to say hi to me if you want. If you can be patient with my AFKness and realize if I don't reply right away it's not cause I'm ignoring but cause I'm busy then by all means. ^.^ Oh and if you can put up with my n00b questions in the game that'd be wonderful XD, I'm still learning all this new stuff and trying to sift through all the old outdated info and all the new and what is what can be a bit of a brain drain. That and I'm usually always trying to help low level new people actually get into the game, even with my pansy toons as they are. It's why I level so slow.

lol i dont mind at all...i enjoy helping ppl out when and where i can and i have some high lvl toons that make things a bit easier when it comes to lvling (i.e. my buffer and what not)

#147 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

yes thats adsolute that they dont have

maybe only if they refreshes all the job to have a resets again that time the new toons could have them

No, resetting the whole job keeps people from committing, and it would make things VERY unbalanced. Then you'd just do the one toon and it would get exploited horribly. The best bet would be how it was before, used to be if I remember correctly, you could reset skill/stat once for free. Then from there it cost zulie, and each time you did it the price grew. I don't know if the price ever capped or not. However it wasn't a bad system. While it WOULD make the IM item not as well demanded then, it would help with new player base. Give them the ability to find what they want, they would still have to choose wisely on their skills as the price to reset would be more expensive the next time. As well as by having that, you grow your player base, and as people get drawn into the game more, they are more likely to spend actual cash on the game for other items. I have a monthly allowance myself for games, so getting the item in IM isn't a problem for me. Like I said, my concern is new players and the game continuing to be here, which can only happen if it continues to grow and thrive.

#148 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

lol i dont mind at all...i enjoy helping ppl out when and where i can and i have some high lvl toons that make things a bit easier when it comes to lvling (i.e. my buffer and what not)

Ya my goal is to make a full support cleric just so I can run around and give low levels awesome buffs. lol. I really do enjoy just randomly running by someone and throwing all those buffs on them and keep going without even saying boo to them. That and I want to make an artisan dealer and make decent low level gear to sell cheap and stuff to help people.....

*has been dubbed 'Mother Theresa' in other video games for her behavior.....doesn't know why* >.>

#149 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Status update:

We've found the problem. Getting close to a full fix. It seems what broke was some alignment issues in Item Mall categories to display. It was causing the client to lock/freeze/crash, on load. We're hoping for a fix soon. We're going to do some quick testing to ensure everything looks right and start the servers up right after that.

#150 Berkerb

Berkerb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

I, personally  find this gear switching restriction exciting. It will increase the variety of different builded chars. I mean since you can't cover all the weaknesses of your class by changing gear, there will be different builded characters of the same class. For example; in a war, there will be a mspeed & dodge builded scout and an AP builded one for different situations or battle cleric & FS cleric so clans will eventually try to find the best war group combination. I'm happy to be honest, i don't understand people whining about clerics, if you have a charm build you are supposed to buff not to deal damage or to dodge better than a hawker. Therefore defending the cleric is fighters' job ergo teamwork will be more important than ever. If you want more survivability you must sacrifice something. I believe that this update will make the game more fair for the new players who don't have all those gears. GG Leonis <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users