2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#26 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

should just add SM alrdy and new world, then after that, instead of adding renewal, just keep adding the episode without 3rd class and renewal mechanic. i actually enjoyed killing mamoth pre renewal with its OP summon slave that hits you for 1k dmg with full reduction item.

I completely agree.  I used to play on Valk Server and I quit when renewal came out because it was an entirely different game in my opinion and I didn't like it...

However, I would love to be able to play some (or all :D) of the renewal maps using NON-3rd class (just 99 trans).  In fact I would like to see just how far into the sequence of the game we can go and still be successful in those dungeons.  Games are so much fun to me when your characters are hopelessly weak against the enemies and you have to really work together to defeat them...  And not just kinda work together, really work together. This would make for some great teamwork and might encourage people who left the game to play again.  It also might encourage existing players to play more often.   It would be interesting to see if there are things that a 12-man party could not accomplish but two 12-man parties could.  Just imagine... you might have to work together with another (possibly 'enemy') guild /omg

It would also encourage (and almost require) people to pursue the best possible and hardest to obtain gear for their character.  I remember being one-shotted by luciola vespa (but I was non-trans with essentially NPC gear).  Implementing these maps would keep people playing in order to accomplish their (now much higher and more lofty) goals in order to be adequate for those places.

Lastly, this would require people to be highly skilled at playing their character and it would even facilitate players acquiring the necessary improvements.   I know that there were people on Valk Server who had high end gear and skill and were able to successfully accomplish things in the new world without being a 3rd job and I remember seeing it and wanting to be part of it.

I am not exactly sure what content is after the new world, but I guess I would start with that: New World.  Then put in Bio 4 or whatever comes next and just keep adding things maybe once a month or so and see how it goes.  I can at least speak for myself I am excited :)

#27 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

After the final chapters of pre-renewal it would be awesome to see some focus on the developement of repeatable instances. There are some great things other games are doing in regards to instances that RO could certainly include. For example; RuneScape implemented boss instance somewhat similar to Nidhoggur.

Video example:

Spoiler

Nothing in the instance drops loot, but after everything is defeated you get a treasure box with random loot inside. I think this style of instance is readily adaptable to Ragnarok and it would be super fun to do with friends. There could even be quests tied in (similar to the quests mentioned in the video).

Edited by IlliterateGaming, 09 January 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#28 Anonchan

Anonchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

The only way to move beyond Episode 13 is to find a way to make 3rd classes viable for classic.

Obviously, with the way stats in pre-renewal work, its not a good idea to raise the level cap above 99.

It's also not much of a good idea to allow base stats to go above 99 as well.

However, I feel there ARE work arounds to this.

How do you guys feel about something like "Transcendence 2.0", where a 99/70 can drop down into a 1/1 version of a 3rd class.

• Base level reduced to 1
  • Job level reduced to 1
  • Base stats capped at 99 still (e.g., 99 + xx)
  • Start with a number of stat points to be allocted (like first time transcendence) perhaps 100~150 points (should be more than 100 since this is a 2nd time after all).
  • Have access to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class skill trees--but all skills still require pre-requisites
  • Max Job level should be raised to 120~130 (this is to accomodate for needing 1st class pre-requisite skills, 2nd class pre-reqs, and 3rd class skills)
  • NOTE: The number of skill points one would normally get 49 (first, job 50), 69 (second, job 69) and 49 (third, job 50) would normally be a total of 167 points, this idea would shave 38 off of that, with the idea of forcing players to be very, very critical of their skill build going forward into 3rds,
  • Max Base level should stay at 99 (the 50 bonus stat points coupled with the 100 from transcendance (total: 150 extra) should make them stronger, without risking complete wackiness)
  • Stat bonuses from Job level should not exceed more than +15 to a single stat (no more than +10 to any others)
  • Max stat bonus from job level should be reached by job level 70
  • 3rd class skill formulas/effects re-worked to resonate well with classic mechanics

That was just an idea off the top of my head. Fully prepared for people to disagree with and/or flame me.

Edited by Anonchan, 10 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#29 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Third classes don't fit in classic. However, It would be fun if some instance dungeons were updated with new world mobs and were placed in ET or gms make an "advanced" option for ET with new world mobs in it.

#30 Anonchan

Anonchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

I'm a bit surprised that no one is even willing to look at reworking 3rd classes to be viable for classic.

You guys realize that without a sense of character development (and a way to cope with impossibly difficult areas) the classic server will, at some point, be a dead end?

Though I do admit that some of the sprites/models are...not very appealing.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

A hybrid server could be interesting.... but not here please.

#32 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

The issue with trying to fit Third jobs into Classic is that the trans classes are already so powerful that while the balance is there, it is just barely there.

Trans classes have roles that they fill.  Third jobs... everyone is a DPS class.

#33 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Please, i come to classic just because i hate the 3rd jobs.

Do not mess with it.

#34 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Need DG / New World!

#35 JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

While it could possibly work with effort, I do not think in the slightest bit that 3rd classes would be correctly balanced for Classic. As much as I did enjoy some aspects of some of the 3rd classes of renewal, I know the work involved in a correct implementation of these classes would be beyond instupituous. Having that said, I see the obvious trail and error play testing periods where people impatiently throw temper tantrums and quit, even if things were to hypothetically end well. Even many of those hopefuls would change mind at the constant community doomsday complaints on the forums, pointing at all of the imbalanced 3rd classes for not all implemented to perfection upon release. The balancing changes that would often occur due to feedback would turn off individuals who where fine with previous builds, and then proceed to complain that the GMs know nothing about what they are doing and are just ruining the server etc. Even if it were stated that we were to just try it out for a bit, and get rid of it if it's not liked, realistically, the inevitable rough spots in the beginning will still put off a lot of people permanently. Unless, of course, there were an unrealistic first time perfect implementation.

Anywho, good idea or not, I think it would be a good idea not to scare people off with things so iffy as that. Besides, as already stated by some of the others, it would no longer be Classic. Sure, there are a few things in there that we didn't have pre-renewal, but that's not the point. Point is, with new classes and skills, even if they were all in perfect balance to the game, naturally, the entire way in which we play WoE, MvP, PvM, it all changes. Everything. Nothing will be the same. Even if damage of 3rd classes were nerfed to all skills dealing 1dmg on woe maps, they still have some strong status and utility skills that are still useful enough to change the whole dynamic of how the game is played in very many areas. As simple as it may sound on paper to any of us, it is still waaay too difficult to not piss off a large chunk of customers, I mean players. Even for the players who like the changes, who wants to keep playing if their friends quit playing? If their guild quits? If some of the guilds they enjoy fighting against stop playing? End game Classic Server can still be awesome without betting the house on some 3rd classes.

My personal opinion though; I would find it very interesting and exciting to play with 3rd classes with these mechanics. I, though, realize, that I am but one person, and would rather not loose any more players. I have no reason to play this game if I am playing it alone.

Edited by JollyGreen, 13 January 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#36 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Let me start this post by saying that before the following I'd MUCH rather see the rest of the pre-renewal PVE content.

But I was thinking about an ET 2.0, maybe half the size using a bunch of the bosses that are generally ignored or not killed often and that are missing from current ET.

There's plenty of things to choose from:

Lord of the Dead

Dracula

Detard

Gloom

Haitii

Stormy Knight

Ktullanax

Osiris

Lady Tanee

You could put something like one random Biolabs MVP towards the top. It's kind of hard to put something towards the top that isnt already used and also sort of justifiably worth the hour or so it'd take to get there. You can probably get to the upper floors in the current ET in a couple of hours with a good group and then you'd be looking at killing Ifrit -> Valk -> Bee. This would maybe be an hour or so to get towards the top here and throwing something like that for only an hours worth of effort seems a bit high. But you also need to put enough in there to make it worth the possible 2 hours of effort and I'm not really sure where to draw the line in terms of difficulty vs rewards.

There's a few that I didnt include (like thanatos) that would make people less interested in going to kill them because it may be easier/faster to just go to the tower and kill them instead.

You can either put something challenging at the top or re-loot one of Entweihen or Naght Sieger with something different.

That please. A 2-hour version of ET with the remaining boss monsters would be quite awesome. You just have to make sure to design it like the ET we have right now (i.e. if you place bosses with good cards/drops on the first 2 boss floors, make it so they can't be farmed)

Edited by lyndel84, 15 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#37 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Still needs Satan Morroc.

Episode 12 is not the end of PvM anyways, Manuk and Splendide and Nidhoggrs nest are still out there.

Some of the early new world items could probably be buffed to make the trip there more meaningful.

#38 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Updated OP with our plans for the first part of the year. 

#39 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

I hate incredibly negative here, but uhhh....see you in April? A quarter of a year for some new content is quite extreme. Especially when you consider I cant really remember what the last content we got was or how long ago it is. I'm aware you guys have been working hard on stuff like the God Item quest but it's a long time for content we've been expecting/waiting for. 

#40 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, Morroc is definitely already destroyed on all of my clients, it actually makes walking around the town frustrating because my client thinks there are things in the way where I should be able to walk.

I see a couple of things missing from that list of updates, though I assume they will be there eventually, but please don't forget about the New World, Niddhoggur, and KVM.

#41 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Please dont talk about KVM in here, we can save that argument for later!

#42 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

But we need Satan Morroc sooner.

#43 shtzindafan

shtzindafan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

So basically we get no new pve content until Satan Morroc 3 months from now? Thats dumb

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

niddhoggur is something I'm really looking forward to. But I don't see it on there

And don't go saying the mants are brokenly strong, there's enough asprikas around the server to invalidate that.

#45 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

This is a very early scheduling we were talking about, and as mentioned in what I wrote does not mean that other PVE endgame stuff will not be coming out before then. But for those asking for rough dates at least, dates have been posted. 

#46 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Thank you Oda.

#47 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Guess you guys got nervous the server pop was picking up so figure you toss in another wrench. I see no valid reason to push satan morroc update soo far back. The gear he drops will not really matter since mostly the only way to get stun immune was though the karfa shop dg will open a new hunting ground /items to farm the downside is well you guys can't really script well and there's a 99% chance the quest will bug anywho see you in April

#48 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

niddhoggur is something I'm really looking forward to. But I don't see it on there

And don't go saying the mants are brokenly strong, there's enough asprikas around the server to invalidate that.

How do you even compare nid mant with asprika lol.

I agree though, they're good but not broken like kvm gear.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 15 January 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#49 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Asprika sux because it doesn't reduce bomb damage!

oda pls read pms

#50 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

I myself would love to see DG come out faster what is the point of sealed shrine without DG? i mean you have to atlest like 5-6 ET ruins to get what ya need to make one giant horn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users