2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content - Page 5 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#101 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

nooooo, dont implement kvm because it makes xellie even more impossible to kill anyone!!!!

but i like it tho, so this furfag squirrel would stop thinking that he can kill me with jt

Edited by thatfool, 22 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#102 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

need sum cranial valk armors

and clip of dragoon :D

#103 Yuske

Yuske

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

So Xellie, you dont want KVM gear because it will make for you ,a bit harder to kill champs and bios??, just because you wont be able to one shot them ,even with all the God,MvPs sets you have??

That doesnt seem fair, you are already very powerfull with all those gears, you want more, you want the others not to be even or get a bit stronger..it will help a lot to all of us, who doesnt have god items or strongs MVP cards,(Your guildmates are very hard to kill,its like a lil army with god items), the poor-medium players cant afford brynhilds,asprikas, the rich here gets more rich,stronger, we cant mob a whole map zone with a Megg'ed LK and get lots of money...kvm will just give us a lil breath vs fighting strongs guilds/players.

Edited by Yuske, 22 July 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#104 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

So Xellie, you dont want KVM gear because it will make for you ,a bit harder to kill champs and bios??, just because you wont be able to one shot them ,even with all the God,MvPs sets you have??

That doesnt seem fair, you are already very powerfull with all those gears, you want more, you want the others not to be even or get a bit stronger..it will help a lot to all of us, who doesnt have god items or strongs MVP cards,(Your guildmates are very hard to kill,its like a lil army with god items), the poor-medium players cant afford brynhilds,asprikas, the rich here gets more rich,stronger, we cant mob a whole map zone with a Megg'ed LK and get lots of money...kvm will just give us a lil breath vs fighting strongs guilds/players.

You're not thinking about what I said. If it makes it harder for *ME* how much harder does it become for Mr. Average?

I'll probably still one shot most characters.... If that makes anyone feel any better, KVM or no KVM... but good luck killing ME.

#105 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

You're not thinking about what I said. If it makes it harder for *ME* how much harder does it become for Mr. Average?

I'll probably still one shot most characters.... If that makes anyone feel any better, KVM or no KVM... but good luck killing ME.

HA. u cant be in 20 castles all at once tho! :p_devil:

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

HA. u cant be in 20 castles all at once tho! :p_devil:

Don't make challenges like that. I'm female and I can and WILL prove you wrong.

But anyway, I feel sorry for any aspiring SinXs ok?

#107 Yuske

Yuske

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well, correct me if im wrong but.,,The average will be farming KVM gear, they will be on equals isnt it?? the average will have more chances vs you or any other guild/player with Gods items.

Edited by Yuske, 22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#108 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Do you think I won't get a KVM set to use with my belts? 0.o

#109 Yuske

Yuske

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Do you think I won't get a KVM set to use with my belts? 0.o

Then why you complaint <_<

thats better than a Megg'ed xellie/OP player :D

pd:im no against you, i just wanna to be balance due to the lots of god items, in a small server

Edited by Yuske, 22 July 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#110 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Because it increases survival, not killing ability... but the gods will still kill those without.

Basically it'd be harder to kill people like my guild... using your example.

#111 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Because it increases survival, not killing ability... but the gods will still kill those without.

Basically it'd be harder to kill people like my guild... using your example.

i hope so! kvm should be in because im getting really bored of seeing guys dont last 2 seconds

#112 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Newbies in PvP without adequate redux will just be getting killed faster with KvM weapons in.

Hell, anyone without a full reduction set will be finding themselves taking a lot more damage from KvMs.

I wish kRO would get over this mentality that everything they add needs to be fundamentally superior to what's already in, thereby invalidating whatever's currently available. Just look at the obscene GH boots on Renewal. They don't bother rebalancing after new gear changes the meta either. KvMs are exactly this kind of 'power creep' and imo they should have their effects (especially their +6+ bonuses) reconsidered for this server.

#113 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

+1 KVM Gear

-1 Badges in Boxes/Events/Kafra Shop/Etc.

#114 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

+1 KVM Gear

-1 Badges in Boxes/Events/Kafra Shop/Etc.

^ Pretty much this. Recording KVM matches would be fun. During the Veins spotlight I 99'd and geared two characters, I don't think I would change gear builds on them necessarily, but it would be fun to at least have something to log on classic for :)

#115 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Shouldn't this discussion have its own thread?

Anyway, in my view there are just two problems with KVM gear:

1. Accessories are OP
  2. +9 bonus for the weapons are OP

Add KVM without those and everything will be nice.

Armors are OK, and people with boss cards and/or godlys would be forced to choose between those gear or KVM gear during the fight, as the KVM set is only good while using all three pieces. Of course godlys and boss cards will still be better most of the time (and that's how it should be), but people without them will have a little more to play with.

Edited by Acowlyte, 31 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#116 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Shouldn't this discussion have its own thread?

Anyway, in my view there are just two problems with KVM gear:

1. Accessories are OP
  2. +9 bonus for the weapons are OP

Add KVM without those and everything will be nice.

Armors are OK, and people with boss cards and/or godlys would be forced to choose between those gear or KVM gear during the fight, as the KVM set is only good while using all three pieces. Of course godlys and boss cards will still be better most of the time (and that's how it should be), but people without them will have a little more to play with.

Hello!

The +9 bonus' are only OP if you can cheat to get:

1) loads of the weapons, and/or,

2) upgrade them without breaking (upgrade tokens or illegitimately)

Other than that they're a nice way of enticing people to play KvM to build up points and try their luck.

Thanks!

#117 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

I hate the accessories.

#118 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hello!

The +9 bonus' are only OP if you can cheat to get:

1) loads of the weapons, and/or,

2) upgrade them without breaking (upgrade tokens or illegitimately)

Other than that they're a nice way of enticing people to play KvM to build up points and try their luck.

Thanks!

Well, people grind to make +9 armor gears and the defense boost from +7 to +9 is not really worth the time and money spent. It's just fun to have a high tier item.

With that in mind, we can agree that leaving only the +% damage bonus would be sufficient to encourage people to farm and broke KVM weapons trying a higher upgrade.

#119 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

Well, people grind to make +9 armor gears and the defense boost from +7 to +9 is not really worth the time and money spent. It's just fun to have a high tier item.

With that in mind, we can agree that leaving only the +% damage bonus would be sufficient to encourage people to farm and broke KVM weapons trying a higher upgrade.

Sure people do that mostly with items that are easily available and replaceable. The ~13 atk from upgrading past +4 is nowhere near worth it if you start to take away the overupgrade bonuses.

Hrishi posted a little on the last page about upgrade chances and estimated a rough 4000 wins to make a +9 weapon, if you were winning (only winning) every single game and playing 10 games a day (which is about an 1 hour 40 minutes every day) it would take you 400 days to get a +9 weapon on average. This is a lot of time and doesnt even account for any losses you may have along the way, so if you assume 50/50 win/loss you're looking at two years.

I dont think enough people really appreciate how long it takes to get these via normal methods as traditionally on iRO medals have been available and so have unbreakable certs. The bonuses are strong but not without reason.

The only reason I see to not implement KVM is if the GMs cannot or will not prevent any exploits with the gathering of medals. I'm sure BGs/PvP would be much more active as a result and it would reward people for sticking around on the server and encourage people to play outside of their four hours of fun every weekend.

#120 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just make kvm give item rewards (actual badges, not points) and make it so it can only be ugraded at the kafra shop npc (or even a custom kvm upgrade npc)

jobs done

#121 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Badges > points +1

Custom kvm upgrade npc sounds awesome.

#122 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

^ sounds fair enough.

As long as they dont let people bot or packet send themselves into all the lobbies too. There were plenty of people doing it when BGs first went in and it was fairly annoying.

#123 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

do you know how long it takes to get 2k kvm points legit? no one is getting a +9 without cheating/getting points from boxes

#124 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

do you know how long it takes to get 2k kvm points legit? no one is getting a +9 without cheating/getting points from boxes

Agreed, however lets be real about warpportals implementation track record. They have never implemented anything properly (please name 1 *important* thing they did that works as intended). The old KVM exploits are there by default if they copy/paste. There will be a few people, regardless of how the GMs implement, that will find the bugs/exploits and gain a huge advantage. That is the only issue I have.

#125 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I dont think they do.

Keep in mind people who are still not too sure about it. There's people posting like myself who are generally in the "lets make things easier/faster" crowd. None of us have said anything of the sort about KVM. The items and rewards are very time consuming to get and should remain that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users