Patch Notes 12/18

458 replies to this topic

#76 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

A. There will no longer be dungeon lock-outs for older dungeons. Only the newest dungeons will have dungeon lock-outs.

- Players who defeat bosses from dungeons with no lockout will now have a lower than 100% chance of getting an equipment token'

I don't get it. Is that mean after we kill the bosses once we cannot get any equipment token from that bosses? If so, why don't said "no equipment token once reset time" or something like that. I don't get why said 'lower than 100% change "?

no it simply means you do it as many times as you want but its not a sure thing you'll get gear tokens anymore. previously it was 100% chance to get gear. and now it isn't. because youc an do it a bajillion times in 1 day. and use a gajillion spinels. and pots. and pump it up pills. and leaves. etc. 

#77 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Not only is the cres transformation better than the one other classes get you even mention it in your post that Cres also have a permanent "form" buff aka the double magical power and physical power.

We do not need another transformation thats silly

You believe the Noel Awake Forms are better? The other transformations are the ones that are better. They give 30% attack/magic attack power, 30% movement speed, and an increase in Acceleration by 15%. I'd say that's far better than the Noel Awake Forms, especially if it stacks with other forms.

The double Physical and Magical power is not a form, as it's not a toggle like Shadow Form or Steel Body. It's just a passive skill. Monks have a similar one, albeit a far weaker one.

#78 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

... I've no word for so much fail.

#79 huydq1

huydq1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Oh my god I have been stacking Oridecon thinking it would go up in price. Just checked AH and it dropped from 20+z each to 10-z each.

What should I do my my stacks of ori? Selling them for some cheap zenny or wait till they are rendered useless after this patch?

I've been playing many games but never experienced such event. This should have been announced weeks before implementing.

Come on, implementing a NPC to trade ori and elu for new refinement stones is not so difficult and it is more reasonable.

#80 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

You believe the Noel Awake Forms are better? The other transformations are the ones that are better. They give 30% attack/magic attack power, 30% movement speed, and an increase in Acceleration by 15%. I'd say that's far better than the Noel Awake Forms, especially if it stacks with other forms.

The double Physical and Magical power is not a form, as it's not a toggle like Shadow Form or Steel Body. It's just a passive skill. Monks have a similar one, albeit a far weaker one.

i haven't review the 2nd livestream onwards... maybe noel will be getting some sort of buff that is same dura & on par with the other transformation ones except without the transformation for the master rank? hmmmm :hmm:

#81 9752130524201037570

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

at least make Awake form PERMANENT...
:(

#82 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

i haven't review the 2nd livestream onwards... maybe noel will be getting some sort of buff that is same dura & on par with the other transformation ones except without the transformation for the master rank? hmmmm :hmm:

Well, see, I was thinking that, but the fact that the Patch Notes basically makes it sound like Noels aren't getting one makes me rather skeptical. :p_swt:

at least make Awake form PERMANENT...
:(

Nah. 6 minutes is the max it should ever be. Any more than that, and it'll be severely overpowered.

#83 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Its a PASSIVE that doesn't need to be toggled. Its the same crap as all the tank passives and the other classes.

Please stop complaining about a class that not only has ridiculous matk/atk but top dps when you get a pet and yes their transformation is better. We get 35% more attack and movement speed and 15% defense. The only trade off is the acceleration.

#84 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Oh my god I have been stacking Oridecon thinking it would go up in price. Just checked AH and it dropped from 20+z each to 10-z each.

What should I do my my stacks of ori? Selling them for some cheap zenny or wait till they are rendered useless after this patch?

I've been playing many games but never experienced such event. This should have been announced weeks before implementing.

Come on, implementing a NPC to trade ori and elu for new refinement stones is not so difficult and it is more reasonable.

Someone asked Njoror about it earlier about it earlier I think and he said not to worry about it. This could mean that there will be a sort of event where ori can be exchanged

#85 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Regarding the lack of Noel Master transformation, I'm guessing the devs think that they already fill their roles sufficiently without having to rely on a transformation; their Awake form is just a temporary overdrive much like the Master forms.

And if I'm not mistaken, the forms are similar except Awake: Darkness forms get 15% damage reduction and Awake: Soulmate gives 15% Haste in place of Master's 15% Haste/Vigor (I'm just going by the skill simulator)? Then there's the extra effects when a critical hit occurs which Masters don't seem to have an equivalent of. Sounds reasonable.

The thing is that Sins, Beastmasters, etc. need their permanent forms to play their roles on par relative to other classes. See how Rogues have no permanent form buff but have arguably the highest DPS by compensating through potion addiction. I haven't played the Noels yet, but they seem to be able to do a mix of debuff/support/dps pretty well without going overdrive.

But I've read about Noels getting a separate form for the Master update from another thread... it just ain't ready yet. Kinda like how after this patch, there will only be 20 Master levels and master ranks B~S unavailable? Guess we'll see.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Chocs, 18 December 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#86 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Will there be a manual patch?

#87 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well, see, I was thinking that, but the fact that the Patch Notes basically makes it sound like Noels aren't getting one makes me rather skeptical.

Nah. 6 minutes is the max it should ever be. Any more than that, and it'll be severely overpowered.

I wouldn't deny this. There are times where patch note is really... ... makes me tilt my head sideways+raise one eyebrow at the same time....

After i seeing the 1st sneak peak, I don't really like my knight digivolve into that dark form... it's like I'm becoming evil~ rawrrr~  Where's my shining armor !?... hope there's option to make it white form.... also, an axe for the knight? like... seriously?... no kuchiki rukia's shikai blade?

#88 Fenriels

Fenriels

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

O.o

Tomorrow already? Wow.

#89 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

Patch Notes OP

but wish you remove the 12.5% Attack/Magic power costume effect ._.

#90 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

before sleeping all i can say is: spray and pray

#91 SeLcTy

SeLcTy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Bye bye 8 stacks of ori xD!
If Noel's don't get any new forms, I'm hoping that Furnuculus skill level will be changed from 5/5 to 10/10
>:D Dot everyone for 2k bwahahahaha

#92 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Bye bye 8 stacks of ori xD!
If Noel's don't get any new forms, I'm hoping that Furnuculus skill level will be changed from 5/5 to 10/10
> :D Dot everyone for 2k bwahahahaha

Or level 6 Death Grip, since we're not going to be able to get a new form, and only able to use that skill in that form. Every other class seems to be getting their final skill boosted, so I could see that happening. :p_laugh:

#93 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

what makes unique about noel is the transformation.

soumaker itself needs to be in soulawake form because of the crazy cast time(non soulawake form).

and there's no way noels get new or  multiple transformation skill.

With all the transformation thing, just imagine

Soulmaker's Link + Transformation + Guardian = party of cooldowns and pet. 

but let see we need more details about skill rebalances.

#94 SeLcTy

SeLcTy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Or level 6 Death Grip, since we're not going to be able to get a new form, and only able to use that skill in that form. Every other class seems to be getting their final skill boosted, so I could see that happening. :p_laugh:

But dotting people for 2k.... Is fun D:
I can one shot people with death grip if it crits. If it were 6/6, I would have enough damage to one-shot them. Twice. :D

#95 Niiiyu

Niiiyu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Aura Kingdom~

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

I was super excited..until I read these notes..Now I'm worried.

1. I'm a sorc..What does this mean for me? The elemental stuff I mean. As the other person said..Will I be useless now? I've worked hard on this character and have been proud of what I can do..Now I am just gonna be crap? Really?

2. This whole dying and losing % thing to me is just stupid..But maybe that is just me.

3. So..You are gonna change it so we don't get Ori from hourly boxes anymore right...Right?

I don't know..this patch had so much potential but looking at what they have done to it..There are SO many fail points. So many..

The sorc thing bothers me the most...I'm worried about that..

#96 kaizo88

kaizo88

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

How bout the quest bug for Unsealed Ultimate Weapon? I can't go AOD without finishing the quest..

#97 senbonzakura123

senbonzakura123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationKolumpo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

how about card coating? to protect card when enhance, where is it?

#98 7034130818020750223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Undertermined is a scary word, as is vague.

From what I read of the elemental bits, it seems to be resistant to. Not immune. Yes, a wizard does most of their damage via fire, and a sorc via lightning. Add in the fact that an undetermined number of skills are now able to be improved an undetermined amount, that's nothing to really complain about, especially on a raid boss. All that means is there's less people trying to threatrace the tank and thus wipe the raid. Besides, how many groups (and this is a GROUP-based game) only bring one sort of ranged dps class (except the really really bad 4-ranger raids that smart people avoid)?

Next, on elemental stuff, there's no mention of how many there will be. Right now, I can see without going massively into it, a possible 8 different elements just from skills I have seen in action. Again, this is an undetermined item that you can't weigh in on until it goes live and is tested (and likely patched after some testing has happened).

Now, I won't say the points about Noels not getting the master levels are wrong, fair is fair. However, look at what said classes do already. Also, there was the note about skills in general getting changed up, specifically mentioning higher tiers on an undetermined set of skills, along with an overall skill improvement in effect, area, and combinations (frost diver plus lightning, perhaps?). The point of this vague statement is to not give you the numbers immediately. I will admit, that it's possibly a big jab to get you to buy skill resets. Hell, it's likely. But until you see the final numbers and results, there's no way to complain about undetermined factors or vague numbers not really listed.

Also... more costume sets. Bleh. But, gotta keep the server running.

#99 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Was the miracle title quest removed from the yule festival? I was really looking forward to getting a bonus title for once.

#100 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

I might even think on trying this out quit ro2 when ff14 came out but I'll see

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users