Shadow Chaser - Page 5 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Chaser

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#101 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

If only you could cast dimensional door under spam bots... :P

Edited by Miii, 12 November 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#102 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:40 AM

If only you could cast dimensional door under spam bots... :P

if they could land on a different map....

#103 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't been stated yet;
The un-stealth cast time part of stealth should possibly be evaluated. It seems unnecessary, and I often find myself "needing to walk into an AoE" in order to avoid casting it to "de-stealth". It seems silly that the only method of removing stealth is to cast it again, or take damage.

#104 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

Deadly infect needs to be limited in some fashion. Currently the skill makes using any form of status affect on a Chaser a very dangerous proposition, especially in the case of a GX. Right now the idea of even using poison cloud is ridiculous since a Chaser will make you and your entire party/guild regret it. They should not have a better means of causing status ailments than the class that specializes in such.

#105 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Deadly infect needs to be limited in some fashion. Currently the skill makes using any form of status affect on a Chaser a very dangerous proposition, especially in the case of a GX. Right now the idea of even using poison cloud is ridiculous since a Chaser will make you and your entire party/guild regret it. They should not have a better means of causing status ailments than the class that specializes in such.

That chaser needs to have Deadly Infection already active before he gets hit by a status effect. It's duration is 10-30 seconds.
When their status condition is spread to other people, these don't get the full duration of it, just the remaining time of it on the chaser.
To heal the GX poisons the chaser needs a GX to cure them themselves.

Have you consdered these points?

IMO if anything, the spreadig of GX poisons should be nerfed somehow, not the other status conditions, so the Chaser wouldn't be doing a better job at one of the few things GX is good for.

See, if this skill is nerfed, I think it'll become another skill no one ever uses.

#106 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

I see no reason why those points have any bearing on whether this skill needs a change. Deadly infect at lvl 5 is easily maintained. Having infected others just as they received it they will give the full duration of the skill. Everyone hit by these skills requires the same cure.

I really don't understand how you could think nerfing GX poisons would reduce the ability for Chasers to do a better job at infecting others. The worse it is for GX has no bearing on how well Chasers can make use of it. The only reasonable action I can see is making Deadly infect not work on GX poisons, period.

But even in this case I can see problems with the skill. If I were a GL with too much time on my hands, I would have a Sinx out of guild constantly hitting a Chaser with a +9 wild beast claw (40% recovery lost) and other status effect equipment. I'm sure there are other even worse usages I haven't thought of.

#107 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

I really don't understand how you could think nerfing GX poisons would reduce the ability for Chasers to do a better job at infecting others. The worse it is for GX has no bearing on how well Chasers can make use of it. The only reasonable action I can see is making Deadly infect not work on GX poisons, period.

I didn't say anything about nerfing GX poisons themselves. Wouldn't even make sense with what else I wrote.

So if making GX poisons excluded from DI would still leave worse usages of the skill working like it does, then this wouldn't solve the problem.
But how far can you nerf DI to still serve a purpose?

Although if someone prepares stuff like that +9 wounds katar on an outside GX and whatnot, isn't it ok if the result is amazing after successfully pulling it off?

Edited by Charon, 15 November 2010 - 01:09 AM.

#108 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

Please make untargetable the char that is in a hole or put a cast time or delay time on manhole, also make closer the range of cast or that we can cast only 1 hole at time

#109 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

I read to page 3 but for the most part I only see a bunch of SC users trying to keep their class from being nerfed into perspective of healthy competition.

Shadow Formation- Needs a delay.
Masquerade Gloomy- Needs to return the mount to the player after duration. Adding remount to a Premium Only NPC will not address the issue. Premium features should not include fixes to faulty game mechanics.
Manhole- Needs a delay. Also needs to ignore all skills used on the player, MOSTLY SHADOW FORM. I have seen two SC tag team a target and kill them in perma-manhole with Shadow Formation. This is not working as the skill is intended.

#110 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

I read to page 3 but for the most part I only see a bunch of SC users trying to keep their class from being nerfed into perspective of healthy competition.

Masquerade Gloomy- Needs to return the mount to the player after duration. Adding remount to a Premium Only NPC will not address the issue. Premium features should not include fixes to faulty game mechanics.
Manhole- Needs a delay. Also needs to ignore all skills used on the player, MOSTLY SHADOW FORM. I have seen two SC tag team a target and kill them in perma-manhole with Shadow Formation. This is not working as the skill is intended.

How do you know what's intended?

#111 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Why does shadow form need a delay? It does nothing but disable the SC if everyone is anywhere NEAR competent.
Manhole is strong, but so is white imprison, fiberlock, or any disabling skill (and to be honest, MH is MUCH weaker than WI)
Returning the mount to the player after the duration of gloomy expires renders the skill completely useless.

I think kRO intended for there to be a class to counter dragon breath/trample.

I think that class is shadow chasers.

I think you just want this counter to go away.

#112 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

Why does shadow form need a delay? It does nothing but disable the SC if everyone is anywhere NEAR competent.
Manhole is strong, but so is white imprison, fiberlock, or any disabling skill (and to be honest, MH is MUCH weaker than WI)
Returning the mount to the player after the duration of gloomy expires renders the skill completely useless.

I think kRO intended for there to be a class to counter dragon breath/trample.

I think that class is shadow chasers.

I think you just want this counter to go away.

Reread the first sentence of my post. Describes you quite well.

The skills are just OP.

Btw- Who uses trample when Earth Drive is so much better? lrn2play

#113 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

Reread the first sentence of my post. Describes you quite well.

The skills are just OP.

Btw- Who uses trample when Earth Drive is so much better? lrn2play

describes you quite well too. hey let's buff my class and nerf everyone else, even though my class is already op as hell.

#114 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:15 AM

Playing a Chaser, I do agree that Shadow Form should not be allowed to work on someone in Manhole. I've seen many other Chasers, as well as myself, use the Manhole+Shadow Form+Hunter Trap suicide trick to kill people in such a manner that is so cheap it doesn't even look fair! Oh wait...

Edited by GuardianTK, 20 November 2010 - 02:16 AM.

#115 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

Playing a Chaser, I do agree that Shadow Form should not be allowed to work on someone in Manhole. I've seen many other Chasers, as well as myself, use the Manhole+Shadow Form+Hunter Trap suicide trick to kill people in such a manner that is so cheap it doesn't even look fair! Oh wait...

Unless they're like people I played against in WoE the other day and simply fly winged when they got manholed. Unless your guild consists of 2 people, manhole is a non issue, and even then, the chaser will run out of ground paint eventually. Like someone else pointed out, Shadow Form also ends up being pretty useless when people aren't being stupid about it. Lately I don't really even use it to kill people since it's much easier to just shadow form someone (non ally) and just walk with them toward the emp room since a lot of people just won't attack me.

#116 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

Just a random thing, could Preserve be changed? You know, make it so it can't be dispelled, and make it's duration unlimited, so it acts as a toggle switch.

#117 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

Just a random thing, could Preserve be changed? You know, make it so it can't be dispelled, and make it's duration unlimited, so it acts as a toggle switch.

You forgot about it being gone after relogging or changing map.

I mean what the hell, why does Blessing stay but Preserve goes away? I've lost my skill enough times because of lag when going through a portal.

#118 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

Link -_-

#119 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Link -_-

Unfortunately doesn't block a high priest tarot card.

However making the preserve change would weaken the dispel/tarot skills, as though it would eliminate the 'annoyance factor' it would also not 'take the dark chaser out of the fight' like they did before.

On the same vein, I don't think it would be unreasonable to request a 'skill giver' outside forts to restore skills lost to dispel/tarot. I think we can all agree that it is far more annoying to lose a copied skill than to walk to prontera and request a peco back.

#120 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Losing skills is terrible. =(

#121 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Bump. Remove the cast time to come OUT of Stealth and give us an option to come OUT of Invisibility.

Edited by Scott, 30 November 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#122 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

Shadow Form- As previously mentioned, there are still ways to counter this skill as is, does it limit what you are willing to risk? yes, but so do many other classes *cough*royalguard*cough* The only part that is really overpowering about this skill is that it is able to be cast on people trapped in Man Hole, where no other skill has this capability.

Man Hole- I agree with the concept of changing this skill to work like Pneuma. The only way around this that I can see is multiple Shadow Chasers working together to lock down one opponent, and to be honest, that is the point of woe, teamwork they have to focus on that and it limits what the Chasers can do immensely.

Deadly Infect- Does this skill hinder you? Yes, its supposed to. Shadow Chasers have to suffer through it with whoever they spread it to, they have to be cured the same way you do. I fail to see the problem with this skill since its supposed to be fixed to not effect emp/plants.

Triangle Shot- Again, as previously mentioned, this skill is ridiculously underpowered compared to even the basic bow skill. Cast time vs damage output.

Groomy- I don't see anywhere in the description in game that the mount removal is a strip. Do they have to go back to town for their mount, yes. Is it 100% success, no. Do they have to get up close (not directly next to) in order to even attempt? IE: Chaser gets close to a RK to attempt Groomy- counter: use a skill while hes casting. I mean really? Use ur Dragon Breath while you can or use the stupidly buffed up CS with or without Gloomy. Are you certain to not have ur mount removed, no, its part of the game.

Fatal Menace- Did they get rid of the snatch mvps?

Invisibility- Fix the SP consumption when knocked out of invisibility.

My personal wish list:

Shadow Spell- Change this to work with bows /slur They already severely limited the skills we can even auto cast, come on~

#123 Bomm

Bomm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

SCs don't need a buff, don't need a nerf either. They're perfect the way it is.
And lol and RG players coming here to complain about SCs when RGs are among the top 3 most overpowered class in the game.

#124 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

Bow based Shadow Spell would be interesting. Imagine it raining meteors where the monster is, rather than where the player is. It would leave the player "open" in a sense, and potentially drag larger mobs in another. On top of that, it would be a particularly devastating addition to Bow builds, giving them an exceptional edge over dagger. They already have an edge in terms of range/safety + Backslide. I don't see why they need another with Shadow Spell. It's the perk of a dagger rogue.

#125 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:39 AM

Bow based Shadow Spell would be interesting. Imagine it raining meteors where the monster is, rather than where the player is. It would leave the player "open" in a sense, and potentially drag larger mobs in another. On top of that, it would be a particularly devastating addition to Bow builds, giving them an exceptional edge over dagger. They already have an edge in terms of range/safety + Backslide. I don't see why they need another with Shadow Spell. It's the perk of a dagger rogue.

Agreed here. I'd rather keep it as a close range based weapon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users