Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics! - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#51 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I am in Pegasus server now, Where do I get skill reset? so I can try new skill

Edit:I will be adding what my opinion

Mistake:

1. Manabreak now 75 secs cooldown.

2. Cleric's Healing skill does not heal.

3. Siphon Trap is not MP Down 50%, but it turn to Mute effect instead

1. Mana Break's cooldown will be fixed (should be 7.5 seconds, looks like I typo'd - oops)
  2. Which "Healing skill" does not heal?
  3. Siphon Trap's description states both effects, if the MP drain isn't working, we need to check if it is working correctly. It is intended to drain 50% of the target's available MP, not MaxMP.

they all look the same to me in Pegasus ....

I think since the adrenaline rush viciuosaccordance and criticval accordance become a passive skill. the skil points distribution should be reduce to 1 on other passive. cause if we learn all passive we will end up not having other skill.

Class passive skills are by a standard, 2 SP, because the effect is always active. This was a design concept introduced with the skill update's initial launch. The idea that you won't have enough skill points to get anything else further goes in to the idea that you need to decide what kind of build you want to create. Much like the Cleric, you cannot have everything.

the stacks work great, but still the dodge is useless, I put dodge set on mine it has 4.1k dodge my spear champ with 1600 accuracy hits almost all the time like 3 hits in 4 blows . and my clerics"s heal does not heal and the mp drained so fast, and where can I do reset skills ?

Keep in mind that when you are dealing with higher number of dodge and accuracy, you will require more and more to make a noticeable difference.

100 accuracy vs 100 dodge, 10 points in either, effectively sways the chances by roughly 10%.

1000 accuracy vs 1000 dodge, 10 points in either, effectively sways the chances by roughly 1%.

I hope that helps with some perspective on when you are pushing one stat versus another, on what you could expect.

I have a question. Supposedly we should have the free reset but we don't have it why?. Also, how are we gonna check on the mobs also? 

The resets weren't done right away, but should have been by now and in your Item Mall skill tab, you should fine resets available for both stats and skills. Remember, the stats reset will not work unless you have no equipment on.

leo or shaz we cant reset our skills or stats at pegasus also it says: Learned [Restore] [lvl:1] sp:2  :hmm:

besides this i have the issue on healing. the mana costs is okey cos it gets restored soon. but the amount of hp you are heal is so much decreased that you need 6-11 heals more to get the hp amount from a party member again to 100% and before i needed like 3-5. and if its a really hard party and more are almost dying it will be impossible. i cant test that cos there are just 5 players testing atm :sob:

RE: Restore

Ah, thank you for that bug report, that will be fixed in the next patch!

RE: Healing amounts

The amounts were minimally reduced on their base values and it shouldn't be that large of a hit.

As shown in the notes, here's the summary

Cure

• Heal value unchanged

Heal

• Cooldown Reduced by 1 second
    (means you can heal more over time by a reduction in time)
  • Base heal amount changed by -44 / -44 / -44 / -44 / -44

Heal (Party)

• Cooldown Reduced by 1 second
    (means you can heal more over time by a reduction in time)
  • Base heal amount changed by -8 / -4 / 0 / 5 / 8

Restore

• Base heal amount changed by -34 / -62 / -93 / -124 / -155
  • Will now grant an additional buff, that will increase your HP Recovery by 2 * Target's Level, for 5 seconds.
    (This means that they are also being healed for a small amount over the next 5 seconds)

Restore (Party)

• Base heal amount changed by 18 / 10 / 0 / -10 / -21
  • Will now grant an additional buff, that will increase your HP Recovery by 2 * Target's Level, for 5 seconds.
    (Same as above, targets are restoring HP over the next 5 seconds.)

Cleric

Healer's Touch

• Casting Cure will now add 1 charge, per level of Healing Touch.
    (This means, when you have the effect on a target, they will receive additional HP above what your skill says it does, making you heal for more and more, the more stacks there are)

Recovery

• Cooldown Reduced by 1.5 seconds.
    (again, reduced cooldown means healing more over time, rather than per heal)
  • Base heal amount changed by -98 / -148 / -198 / -248 / -298

Recovery (Party)    

• Cooldown Increased by 1.5 seconds.
  • Base heal amount changed by 34 / 17 / 1 / -16 / -33

Integrity

• Cooldown Reduced by 3 seconds.
  • Base heal amount changed by -300 / -381 / -457 / -528 / -592
  • Adds 1 charge of Healing Touch per cast.
    (This skill adds the ability for healing to do more, the more stacks there are, up to 5 stacks, which is 25% more healing than what your skill says and it affects healing from others too, if you have other Clerics or skills that heal.)

Integrity (Party)

• Base heal amount changed by -1 / -30 / -55 / -78 / -95
  • Adds 1 charge of Healing Touch per cast.

Heavenly Grace

• Cooldown Reduced by 10 seconds.
    (This is a huge reduction in how often you can cast this powerful heal, allowing for more healing over time to groups)
  • Base heal amount changed by -494 / -568 / -642 / -713 / -783
    (The large reduction to cooldown is to keep the designed healing amount per minute to stay in line with design for the class.)

Anyway I have suggestion regarding the unique skill reset. It seems that it's a bit unfair if you reset ALL of it if you just want to remove ONE of them. Can we have the reset to made to be chosen instead of having them all gone? 

The idea sounds nice, but it would require a large amount of time to code that feature in and all of the checks to ensure that you don't have skills that rely on another you're trying to unlearn, in an attempt to bypass required skill costs for another. It's not something we plan to work on at the moment.

. Its not like katar would be over power, but try to compare with other classes. For example champs , whether spear, axe , or two hands sword. They can most likely learn all the combat skills and passive while raider classes , even before the new 3 passive skills, have already given up so many other skills , cause so many skills to learn on meele section to get to the raider skill tree . For example to get scree attack, raider needs to learn 5 combat skills which cost 25 points if im not mistaken, than to get the sleep knive took 10 sp. try to compare to BA and bourgs . They also could learn most likely all the passive and combat skills. My scouts even got left over SP . I stil think hawker's deffence should get boosted a bit , since they most likely in combat in the middle of aoe . Or maybe give a bit more of deffence so it could survive a bit longer .

We actually have another design in mind for Hawker regarding AoE defense, it isn't ready for this test run.

As others have already said, the cleric heals are not working.  

All heals or only certain heals? I really need some specifics to help us verify reports. Too often I get reports that are a bit vague and we end up wasting time looking in to reports that are related to specific situations or skill use. Please be as specific as you can in all reports.

Too bad the healing skills aren't working, like the mana flames are bugged. Could only test the use of mana per healing. This is quite high, but can't compare it with the healing it does. Let us know when both issues are fixed.

I will look in to the flames to see if the skill changes had some kind of adverse affect on them.

Leonis, I (and probably otherones too) am very interested in the reasons why you would come with this update. Can you explain something of the concept? It would help us to understand why these changes will benefit the game and bring the game to another level. It would give us insight of which result you want to achieve. With the explenation of the concept we can, maybe, give some feedback that corresponds with the concept it self. Thanks alot!

I'd be happy to. It might be easier to ask the questions you want to know the answers to than my just blabbering on endlessly though.

---

I appreciate all the input on balances and I will go over them as soon as we're past the point of making sure all the changes and new mechanics are working properly so actual balance testing can be done under conditions that are not to full expectancy. :) I should have noted that the first step is always to ensure that there are no, if not minimal bugs impacting the game play, because otherwise balance is hard to judge when one class is not at "full strength."

So again, I very much appreciate the suggestions, there were some really good insights to balance for me to consider. But as I said, I want to get rid of the bugs first. :) Then we can talk about the balances of the new skills and mechanics.

#52 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:both

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Leonis, All the Cleric heal skills did not work, no healing took place at all to any characters including my own Cleric. The Muse heal skills (like Cure) I didn't test.

I logged on and off two times and tested it using 2 separate clerics with the same results.

#53 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Thanks Rooster, we'll have to look in to the core mechanics then. They were working for me at one point, but I never got a chance to check on Pegasus.

#54 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Additionaly to the bug with the mana flames. It seems they are doing their job by regenerating mana, But the mana bar is flickering and is showing max mana. But in real there is no max mana. After I used a skill it shows the actually mana. 1-2 seconds later it pops back to max mana. When flames are gone the mana bar is working fine.

About the concept.....

What I want to know of the concept is of how bringing in new skills and modifications benefits balancing the classes, or the whole game, in your opinion. In other words what did it make you to change the game as it was before the big skill update? There has to be a valid reason for you and the other developers that made you think of bringing the game to another level. I am just wondering which reason this is. What is the vision of the developing team. What will Rose bring us in the future? These are open questions, just because I am curious.

What I want to understand is the base or reason behind the concept of developing new skills, mods etc.If I (we) can understand the concept I (we) can give you feedback in line with your plans. Which can become very efficient.

Btw, I am willing to hear anything you want to say about it. Even if it is your endless blabbering. Thanks.

#55 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

so leo, you wont change the amount of heals so it isn't decreasing that much?

#56 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I like the attack speed on raiders now.  They have so much innately from their passives that you can build pure ap on them and they will provide the best single target damage over time.  Since they die fast and are short range it makes sense.

#57 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

If anyone wants to test out any skills on a test dummy; Feel free to head into TG and wail on [CM]ShazamO.

#58 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Any estimate on when Pegasus will be update with Leonis data?

#59 tiobaoti

tiobaoti

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

sir sorry for interrupting your topic here..can you help us on the blocked issue about the premium bug..we dont know how long should it takes to retrieve our accounts.please help us. 

#60 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Any estimate on when Pegasus will be update with Leonis data?

Sorry Phish, can't give estimates currently due to dealing with the Lucky Spin incident. Once we're done, I can probably evaluate when that could take place. For now, it's going to remain on Draconis data at least for the first few patches to correct the initial bug reports and issues. :)

#61 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the reports so far.

Issues with healing skills and reflected melee damage have been corrected for the next update.

#62 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for the reports so far.

Issues with healing skills and reflected melee damage have been corrected for the next update.

Are the plans to release the update live or do we get to play around a bit more on Pegasus before the final changes are implemented in game? I would like to test the changes now that they are fixed on the Pegasus server since I never really had the chance to see the impact.

#63 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Nothing is going to live just yet, we're still working out the mechanics and bugs, which we will be reviewing balance as well. :)

Don't worry, we'll announce when it will go to the live server. A good indication to a step towards that will be when we load Leonis server data for testing.

#64 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Feel free to take your rage out of [CM]ShazamO in the Training grounds.

You can also test skills on me as well.

#65 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Somehow a clannie of mine reported that Mana Resumption worked better in Junon than in TG. Something like the MP increases more. Not too sure yet, gonna check it out when I'm home later. Perhaps anyone around can double check it ? 

#66 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Genesis has been continuing on Pegasus matters, so there's still some progression happening on this end, while I and the rest of the Customer Service team continue our efforts on the Lucky Spin stuff.

#67 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

I haven't seen the post yet, but Cure gives 5 stacks of 'Healing Touch' at once instead of 1.

#68 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

That's what it intends to do. One stack per level of the healing passive, so if the passive is at lvl5 it will add five stacks.

#69 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Ah ok, but than integrity only gives 1 for me instead of 5. Btw, I can't find in the information that your passive skill has anything to do with or I just missed it.

So if I have healing touch, passive, level 5 I should get 25% healing on all 3 skills at once instead of stacking 1 by 1 (cure, integrity, integrity party)? Eitherway there is a difference now between cure and integrity heals.

Edited by GilGrissom, 13 February 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#70 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

Taken from Leonis: "Healer's Touch : Casting Cure will now add 1 charge, per level of Healing Touch."

This means that when you cast cure on a target, that target will have 5 stacks of healing touch, granted you maxed the passive. A cleric will have to make choices sometimes. "Will he still survive for a while so I can afford to use cure first to increase healing afterwards, or do I have to instantly go for a stronger heal to keep him alive."

Integrity and party integrity give one stack of healing touch, regardless of level of healing passive, but the cooldown is much longer so if you think those healing touch stacks are necessary, it is advised to open with cure first to max out the stacks.

#71 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

By reading the text multiple times I do understand that cure's charge is based on the level of the passive healing skill. But than it has to be 30% instead of 25%.

The text at Integrity is confusing, because it also says it give 1 charge of Healers Touch (text says Healing Touch which is the modification and not the name of the skill). If Healers Touch is lvl 5, that could be 1 charge.

But by testing it Cure gives the % of the Healers Touch level (1 till 5) which has to be 30%. The base of Healers Touch is already 10% instead of 5%. Where integrity gives 5% (1 additional level of Healers Touch), stacking it 5 times gives 25%.

You can see where I am getting confused? ;)

#72 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Ah. Basically, the healer's touch passive, has TWO effects.

One is that it gives a 30% passive increased healing to all heals, regardless of the new stack effect. (try reskilling and adding points into healer's touch, you'll notice the healing effects will be stronger)

The second is that cure adds the new stack effect, one stack per level of the healer's touch passive.

So basically, cure does have to give 25% increased healing, since 5 stacks of healing touch = 5*5%=25%.

Integrity and party integrity add one stack of healing touch, which increases healing on said target by 5%.

#73 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Here's a helpful explanation behind how this was designed to work. :)

[Healer's Touch]

Primary Effect : Increases your base healing, as a caster. (this is before the Healing Touch effect)

Secondary Effect: Adds the ability to also add "1 Stack of [Healing Touch]" * "Level of [Healer's Touch]", to the [Cure] skill, when cast on a target.

[Integrity] & [Integrity Party]

Has the natural ability to give " 1 stack of [Healing Touch]" to affected targets, when cast on a target.

- This is a means using [Integrity] or [Integrity Party] will refresh the [Healing Touch] stacks on targets that already have it, while providing a larger heal, so the effect of [Healing Touch] is not lost after its duration. And for any targets that don't have the stack, they will gain it, improving the amount they are healed by, while under its effect.

One of the things we're working on is adding visuals for healing, so that you can see how much you have been healed for during combat. So no more wondering if you got healed or by how much. You'll be able to see numbers, just as if it were damage, but with a different color to indicate its impact.

#74 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

In other news, Pegasus patch v69 is up with a few fixes, and Pegasus is ONLINE!

New!

• You should now be able to see the amount you get healed by, or how much damage is absorbed by a mana shield, just like damage, only with a color depending on if it is healing or shield damage.
    This should help you know what you're getting healed by, or what your mana shield is taking as damage, to allow you to verify heals and amounts.
  • The scoreboard for the Game Arena was updated a bit (if we can get a couple games to happen, you'll see)

Fixes!

• Reflect Shield effect should now be working properly for all types of damage.
  • Jury-Rigging should now be working.
  • Healing should be working again.

A Special Note!

Some changes were made to the combat mechanics in order to correct some of the new mechanics and issues reported. Please let us know if you experience anything that feels wrong or off.

#75 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

is it still for draconis testers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users