Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics! - Page 6 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#126 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

BCs actually have low accuracy (15% only in the supportive skill tree), much lower compared to knights that have 20% accuracy passive (on handed), 30% on xbow. And i don't think BC needs any improvement really. They're quite good as it is. I just thought that the new debuffs was going to affect BC just like what Feuer said. I haven't tested pegasus but im assuming that you need mage passives to access the debuffs.

Well the 15% passive is quite cost effective, but what I meant was that wands have an incredibly high base accuracy, I think even the highest accuracy of all weapons.

#127 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Next patch for Pegasus is expected to contain the following updates:

Raider - Katar

Critical Impact

• Stacks are reduced to 5, from 10.
  • Duration is reduced from 30 seconds to 10.

Critical Weakness

Adrenaline Rush

• Attack Speed is reduced from 10% per stack, to 5%.

Note: The reduction in duration is to place more focus on the idea that this is an effect that will not last long while in combat and the urgency of rushing to your next target, in order to keep it active is there. Additionally, should it run out, you will need to begin again on that target or another. The rates of how fast you acquire the stacks, appeared to be good. It wasn't long in to combat before you peaked, but for lower levels it was slow. When mastered it wasn't difficult to achieve.

Muse - Support

Mana Crux

• Increased ratio gain from 1 to 2 per stat required.

Note: From reports and text experience, we're boosting the MP Recovery rate for the class, to add additional support behind the cost increase. It is our intention that MP Recovery be what the support side of the Muse focus, when dealing with MP Costs to keep up the constant need for support.

Cleric

Mana Convergence

•     Increased base MP Recovery from 1 to 2 per skill level.
  •     Increased base MP Recovery ratio gain from 1 to 2 per stat required.

Note: As stated above, we want the focus to be more on the MP Recovery ability for support, rather than the larger pool of resources to pull from.

Some factors considered include:

1. Keeping the Mana Shield strength lower, because of the focus on MP recovery, rather than MaxMP, means that the buffer will be smaller, but recasting could mean it can sustain more damage in the long run, if relied on. (Not that we want you to, but it was something we are aware of)
  2. Lower MaxMP also means the Mana Break % drain will be less effective, however it also means the value side will be potentially more powerful, but only to Charm builds. Classes that do not rely or incorporate high values of Charm, will have less impact with the value of drain.
  3. We wanted to give more desire and utility to the MP Recovery passives, so they are more a temptation for skill builds and designs by the players. Helps cut down on cookie cutter builds for more situations than just one.

There is more, those are just noted as of now, so you can see what to expect.

#128 perres

perres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Locations Badnerländle Germany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

I appreciate the feedback. I'd like to offer some information regarding the traps design.

The traps themselves aren't intended to be damage dealing abilities. They are more for their effect. Being able to trap someone in place, prevent skill usage, put you at an advantage as a ranged combat type. It's intended that you should be watching over your traps, for when they trigger, you take advantage over their effect, or simply accept that their effect makes things more difficult and complicated for the affected enemy.

Increasing the range will be considered, but again, consider that these are utility tools to be placed strategically, not haphazardly dropped places knowing they'll do something eventually.

We currently do not have the ability to recognize proximity to players or NPCs to prevent setting a trap, as it is using the summoning system. Aside from that, placing a trap while near a player lets them know you set a trap, as they can see where you place it. You lose the advantage of it being hidden and unknown to have the player walk in to it.

I'd like to hear your idea of "better status effects" :) If you'd like to suggest ideas, please do. We're at the stage where nothing is set yet, so you have the opportunity to help shape the class. If ideas suggested fit within the design intentions we'll be happy to consider or adjust based on the ideas and feedback given. :)

Hey,
I understand that the traps arent meant to damage, but on the other hand why not? it would be a nice idea i guess. But not damage in sense of direct physical damage.  How about poison or firetrap?

To the siphon trap:
The problem of spammers during Chrystal fight will be a serious one. There are always players who like to play to annoy opponents as well as teammates. If those spamset mute traps under CHristal, there wont be any advantage for both teams, thats why i propose, to set their mute only on opponents but in this case, you have to set a max, range around a chrystal.
A higher cooldwon would work too but it would destroy the feeling of it.

To the sand trap, instead of changing dodge, how about changing movementspeed by 50% for 10 secconds?
Scouts could chase opponents and lure them in their traps, so they have to fight instead of running away.

PS: In general, could you add a "Range" display to the stats? since skills add range too it would be usefull to not loose the oversight i guess :)

#129 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I have a query re the heals figures that appear above characters showing how much they're being healed by. (I do like this info showing btw :))

When these figures appear above my various summons are they actually being healed by these amounts or not?

When they show as being healed the health bar does not go up to show their health being increased.

So are they being healed and the bar is glitched, or are they not being healed at all and the figures showing above the summons is a glitch?

#130 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hey,
I understand that the traps arent meant to damage, but on the other hand why not? it would be a nice idea i guess. But not damage in sense of direct physical damage.  How about poison or firetrap?

To the siphon trap:
The problem of spammers during Chrystal fight will be a serious one. There are always players who like to play to annoy opponents as well as teammates. If those spamset mute traps under CHristal, there wont be any advantage for both teams, thats why i propose, to set their mute only on opponents but in this case, you have to set a max, range around a chrystal.
A higher cooldwon would work too but it would destroy the feeling of it.

To the sand trap, instead of changing dodge, how about changing movementspeed by 50% for 10 secconds?
Scouts could chase opponents and lure them in their traps, so they have to fight instead of running away.

PS: In general, could you add a "Range" display to the stats? since skills add range too it would be usefull to not loose the oversight i guess :)

I understand your suggestion, but here is where I'm coming from behind the design and reason it behaves as it does now.

A trap isn't intelligent, it is a tool and cannot intelligently identify friend or foe to who triggers it.

You, as the trap setter, can inform your allies where the trap is, to avoid triggering it, which is why you are able to see it once laid.

When an enemy triggers the trap, most effects are single based, as if they were caught in the trap itself.

The Siphon trap is an Area of Effect, which means, it's like setting off a stink bomb in a room or enclosed space. The trap cannot target, it simply activates, and thus the effect of the trap hits everyone in its rage. It is going to be one of those considerations a trap setter will need to have in mind, because the Siphon trap will also hurt his allies if they are caught within the blast radius.

In regards to teammates who harass allies or enemies alike, that's their choice and unfortunately nothing I can do about in regards to how they chose to play their character.

The idea of a poison trap or a fire trap is interesting :) Are you suggesting those as additions or replacements to current trap setups?

To your question about the sand trap: Why would you want a second trap that reduces movement speed? The steel trap already makes you stuck (movement speed set to 0)

The idea that a scout would lure players in to their traps is entirely the point of their creation and intention. :) Whether you chase or lure.

And a "range" display for the stats wont' make much sense, since you cannot individually display various potential skill use or melee range. If I were to put a 'range' it would only show the attack range of the summon. And since traps don't actually 'attack' it would show 0. It's ability to recognize distance for the sake of the trap's skill effect that triggers is entirely different and independent to the melee range.

I have a query re the heals figures that appear above characters showing how much they're being healed by. (I do like this info showing btw :))

When these figures appear above my various summons are they actually being healed by these amounts or not?

When they show as being healed the health bar does not go up to show their health being increased.

So are they being healed and the bar is glitched, or are they not being healed at all and the figures showing above the summons is a glitch?

Those should be the values they are being healed by. As for their hitpoint display, there may be a bug in their display. If they aren't being healed, it would be yet another bug to address. In either case, we will look in to the situation and see what the truth is and correct it. :) Thank you for the report!

#131 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

That siphon trap is food for trolls.. Guess I'll make a scout and put siphon traps near the crystal, maybe people will finally spread out.

#132 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

That siphon trap is food for trolls.. Guess I'll make a scout and put siphon traps near the crystal, maybe people will finally spread out.

Secretly I am hoping for this. But sshhh, it is a secret. Okay?

In honestly, I am aware that this situation would be created whether or not it is used with malicious intent is not up to me, however, the fact that players huddle so closely to the crystal is an annoying fact to me we can't seem to get players to stop doing. So, rather than continuously and endlessly try to figure out ways to prevent you from doing it, I think I've reached a point I will simply accept it and start creating mechanics that make playing difficult when you do. :D

So, perhaps there's a little troll in me as well?

#133 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

We knew that for years leo haha, and did you not see my proposal to help alleviate that issue in the proposal section?

#134 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

In honestly, I am aware that this situation would be created whether or not it is used with malicious intent is not up to me, however, the fact that players huddle so closely to the crystal is an annoying fact to me we can't seem to get players to stop doing. So, rather than continuously and endlessly try to figure out ways to prevent you from doing it, I think I've reached a point I will simply accept it and start creating mechanics that make playing difficult when you do. :D

Little troll.. *laughs uncontrollably*. Yeah, just a little.

That's one sneaky tactic, not sure if everyone likes things being solved that way, but I think it's great.

#135 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Feuer, send me the link to the thread in case I haven't seen it. I can't see everything posted in the forums. :P

jerremy, again, honestly, looking at the outcome, it will affect everyone equally to mute and drain mana, once working correctly as intended. What that means is, no one can use skills, it will put the advantage to melee attackers for that period of time, and everyone will have their MP drained by the same %. If anything it will make combat take a bit longer at the crystal, and if I think about it, it will make Raider's more in power because their melee passives wouldn't be affected by being silenced. Another advantage for those style of passive effects.

#136 perres

perres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

I understand your suggestion, but here is where I'm coming from behind the design and reason it behaves as it does now.

A trap isn't intelligent, it is a tool and cannot intelligently identify friend or foe to who triggers it.

You, as the trap setter, can inform your allies where the trap is, to avoid triggering it, which is why you are able to see it once laid.

When an enemy triggers the trap, most effects are single based, as if they were caught in the trap itself.

The Siphon trap is an Area of Effect, which means, it's like setting off a stink bomb in a room or enclosed space. The trap cannot target, it simply activates, and thus the effect of the trap hits everyone in its rage. It is going to be one of those considerations a trap setter will need to have in mind, because the Siphon trap will also hurt his allies if they are caught within the blast radius.

In regards to teammates who harass allies or enemies alike, that's their choice and unfortunately nothing I can do about in regards to how they chose to play their character.

The idea of a poison trap or a fire trap is interesting :) Are you suggesting those as additions or replacements to current trap setups?

To your question about the sand trap: Why would you want a second trap that reduces movement speed? The steel trap already makes you stuck (movement speed set to 0)

The idea that a scout would lure players in to their traps is entirely the point of their creation and intention. :) Whether you chase or lure.

And a "range" display for the stats wont' make much sense, since you cannot individually display various potential skill use or melee range. If I were to put a 'range' it would only show the attack range of the summon. And since traps don't actually 'attack' it would show 0. It's ability to recognize distance for the sake of the trap's skill effect that triggers is entirely different and independent to the melee range.

Those should be the values they are being healed by. As for their hitpoint display, there may be a bug in their display. If they aren't being healed, it would be yet another bug to address. In either case, we will look in to the situation and see what the truth is and correct it. :) Thank you for the report!

I think the poison trap doesnt make sense for bowscouts since we have poison arrow and poison arrow shower. But the firetrap would be a great thin, for pvp but even more for pvm(Bossfight :)
I think it would work as addition to the siphon trap! So you can decide. Skill both or just one or both a little...

The range display isnt meant for traps. i meant it for weapons. For example for bows guns wands and launcher typed weapons. I just found it would be usefull as i checked out different bows in addition to different amount of the "add range skills"

Ok now i know your plans behind the siphon, i think a lil different about it. I also think some players will dislike it but also, a spreaded fight is a better one. So yea why not we`ll see.

Edited by perres, 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#137 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

A "Little" troll? Bwahahahahahahaahaaaaa! :rofl:

#138 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

A "Little" troll? Bwahahahahahahaahaaaaa! :rofl:

A smelly troll maybe.

Do you smell it? That smell. The kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells ... smelly..

#139 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

A smelly troll maybe.

Do you smell it? That smell. The kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells ... smelly..

Leo doesn't smell, you know they say a fox smells it's own hole first! I would look a little closer to home maybe. :p_swt:

#140 perres

perres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just checked out the "Flash Trap once more"  I have to say thats not worth skilling it, its not better than the steel trap at all. 5 Secconds accuracy reduce mean in best way, 2 hits less, at some bosses maybe one.
Why not changing it to firetrap or defense down, or at least double the time!

#141 perres

perres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

The Steel trap is also availible for Raiders, if they use bow while setting it. It doesnt dissappear after changing back to original weapon.

#142 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

I can extend the duration of Flash Trap, 8 seconds for now. The effects aren't intended to be extremely long lasting, but make an impact against a target that fell in to the trap. As for the tooltip for weapons, they all have an indication to the "Attack Distance" they have already. If that's not what you were referring to, you may want to elaborate for me. :)A

And we'll see about the Steel Trap issue. We may move it to the Scout tree entirely so traps are solely a Scout benefit.

#143 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

We'll be loading Leonis server data sometime tomorrow, before the weekend and a minor patch with some updates. Just letting you all know~

#144 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

with a free GA energy weekend don't expect a huge turnout :bang:

#145 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

Yeah Leo, u might want to hold off on that for a bit.

#146 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

lovely

#147 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

I'm aware of the weekend activities, but there's been enough questions regarding when Leonis would be loaded and I gave my word it would be this weekend. Testing is going to be up to the community.

We'll still be continuing our own tests as well, but the Leonis population will have their opportunity to preview/test and give feedback.

#148 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

Don't get huffy! It's just that with free ga this weekend, along with 2x drops, I am afraid not many will be wanting to test this weekend. I just thought that it might be a good idea to put it off for one week. Didn't mean to upset you. :sob:

#149 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

trust me ive made leo huffy before, hes not being huffy right now :P hehehe

#150 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Oh good, sometimes it's hard for me to tell. I wouldn't want him mad at me, ( he might bring the ban hammer down hard). :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users