Rebirth of Ro2 - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rebirth of Ro2

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

today my guild ran Coa H rm to help some of our new guildies get through so they can go to aod and eventually chaos.

^_^ happy too see some newer players wanting to learn the raids.

#77 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

What exactly are newer players learning by running old raids in the current state of the game outside of how much you can stomp all over them with little to no effort?

Just saying "I RAN A RAID!" isn't a solution to the underlying problem that things be broken.

#78 Luvnya

Luvnya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I played many free-2-play online games (over 20) and this is definitely not
a nice game compared to other online games, this game is really sad at
the moment. But I do hope they change their horrible greedy attitude on us. 
Sorry if my english isn't good.

Edited by Luvnya, 01 March 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#79 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

What exactly are newer players learning by running old raids in the current state of the game outside of how much you can stomp all over them with little to no effort?

Just saying "I RAN A RAID!" isn't a solution to the underlying problem that things be broken.

#80 Imhorny

Imhorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Just saying "I RAN A RAID!" isn't a solution to the underlying problem that things be broken.

#81 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Just saying "I RAN A RAID!" isn't a solution to the underlying problem that things be broken.

the point i was making , was that its nice to see new players wanting to learn how to raid and do the fights,

i never said ooh its so easy now. im saying im proud of my new guildies working on trying to clear all old content and unlock all raids as its meant to be.

easy or not the point is they are still trying to learn it.

#82 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

http://roguard.net/e...ss-Darkwhisper/

So a new raid Air Fortress Darkwhisper will be available soon. Make the requirement for that raid to finish all Dayr and Morroc Quests and Chaos Quest.
Make a priority to make Baphomet, PVE, COA, AOD raids to be more challenging like other than Normal and Hard Mode, add Extreme Mode. And focus on fixing bugs on said raids.
I observed that we do get notes in advance but don't have some details w/ it. LIke honing, a week before patching and people only have to see it in game. Why not put details like honing will get you a random stat of 1-65k+ or let's say 1-3,000+ agi or str. And CM's will wait for our feedback like it's better to have 1-10 random primary stat agi,str,etc) and 1-50 secondary stat haste,vigor,etc). This would have prevented serious bugs beforehand. Although I'm still praying for a Sakray Server, is that the reason why channels 15-20 aren't available anymore?
I think the problem is communication. Devs should send details early so CM's can make an evaluation of our response and forward to the Devs what numbers might be wrong and imbalanced.
And pls. don't put more content until raids are fixed. We don't like honing. Bug fixes first before adding content.
CM's should make a list of bugs where players can cast their votes to which will be prioritized. The problem i see w/ fixing classes is people want their main to be overpowered. Differences w/ classes are bearable but not w/ Knights. Boost Knights a bit and see the reactions. What's unbearable are raids and previous content ignored. W/ the upcoming Air Fortress Darkwhisper Raid, people should be clearing previous raids bug-free and challengely.

#83 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

As if they could do anything on that list. :p_laugh:

#84 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

When they released AOV last year, roguard posted these screenshots for a new area called "Jawaii".

Back in January some people were spreading rumors about "Geffen" coming. Now it's this so-called air fortress?

Putting crap on top of other crap without doing something about those few months old crap makes the toilet filthy as funk.

Someone better do some plumbing (devs) and actually make progress. else the only thing to do is flush it all down.

I am actually clearing out my friends tab in game coz most of the people I met pre AOV are disappearing by the day

#85 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

the point i was making , was that its nice to see new players wanting to learn how to raid and do the fights,

i never said ooh its so easy now. im saying im proud of my new guildies working on trying to clear all old content and unlock all raids as its meant to be.

easy or not the point is they are still trying to learn it.

i think this thread is meant for change. A positive-happy bunny-flowers-candies and all that rainbow goodies attitude toward its content doesn't really help to push the point across the table now isn't it? It would help if you start looking at what is really going on with this game and not patronize it. 

#86 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

i always look at whats going on in game and not try to patronize anything. hence u can see my guilds name on the list of aggreeing with pr3 and what needs to be changed.

all i was trying to say is, there are still ppl that are willing to do the raids and learn and not everyone wants to skip content. thats all i was saying..

do i agree stuff needs to be changed of course.. personally ive always thought dayr desert as well as osiris should only be opened to the players that have cleared and unlocked everything just like before.

bapho,pve,coa, aod, chaos

i honestly dont like seeing ppl get master lvl 20 with full osiris gear then ask you whats baphomet garden o.o

ive told so many ppl newer players dont skip content and play the game as its intended otherwise dont ask me stupid stuff. if u actually need to stop and asking me what a raid is then im sorry theres a problem.

so no im not trying to sugar coat anything with rainbows and butterflies.

#87 FlatulentToons

FlatulentToons

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOver There ---->

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advocate a little here.

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying. The big thing that concerns me is how much we hear people crying for new content again. If I were a CM I would be seriously facedesking right now. 

For the past few months the majority of the vocal community has been consistently saying that they would prefer bug fixes and balancing before new content. I feel now we are getting to a situation similar to pre AoV where those at max lvl / gear are complaining they have nothing to do.. need better gear.. raids etc.  It was imho partly due to this vein of whinging that AoV got rushed out in the hap hazard fashion it did.. causing SO many problems.

So.. everybody has to think seriously about what they want.. or indeed what could ACTUALLY kill the game.  Players, CM's, Devs alike need to consider what would happen if a major content release were to happen in the hap hazard way AoV... Honing?? (LOL) etc have been.

I agree, I want some raids to get stuck into, hopefully with rewards that make you feel like you earned them. BUT I will reiterate.. I would rather be patient and hang on for a relatively bug free and more importantly well tested expansion than see the CM's and Devs buckle under the pressure of the vocal community's whining and rush something out that could potentially end the game completely.

I also think that we should remember we are at the very beginning of a major evolution of game mechanics, which we cannot fairly judge at this stage, when we do get raid content.. THAT will be the time to QQ or praise. 

On a side note I also think that liaising between players and devs is pretty much 90% of a CM's job description already.. I guess the problem there is google traslate.. (jk)

Peace, Love, Cookies for all.

WindyBEAR

#88 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

There are a few things I felt I should address here. 

First of all, to all the players saying that IRo2 has become a test server, please understand that this was not the intention. Most new content comes to IRo2 first now, because it is meant to be a pillar and role model for the other Ro2 servers. It just happens that our community is also one of the most vocal, hence why asking for feedback here has yielded much better results. This helps us target what's wrong with the game and fix it. We can't thank our community enough for always being there to provide us with feedback and help. To those of you who are adamant about a public test server or something similar, please know that we are still in discussion about it.

We also understand the community's concerns. Please know that the month of March will be dedicated to bug fixing and sorting out a good number of the remaining issues in game (there will still be scheduled Kafra updates so don't be surprised there, but all big content additions have been pushed back with the exception of perhaps the Honing system). There will also be fewer in-game events this month, as we focus more of our attention to helping the development team as much as we can. There will still be community events, which won't hinder our ability to focus on the more pressing issues. With that said, March will be a very important month and we will be needing all the help and understanding we can get from the community. We have plans to make the feedback to fruition process easier, so stay tuned to hear more about that.

We believe we can improve our game through group effort, and we hope you see it that way too. :)

PS. We will let the developers know of everyone's concerns in regards to Raid Progression. Feel free to continue adding your thoughts about it to this thread, so that we can pull from it when we make our feedback report. Thanks.

#89 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

First of all, to all the players saying that IRo2 has become a test server, please understand that this was not the intention. Most new content comes to IRo2 first now, because it is meant to be a pillar and role model for the other Ro2 servers. It just happens that our community is also one of the most vocal, hence why asking for feedback here has yielded much better results. This helps us target what's wrong with the game and fix it. We can't thank our community enough for always being there to provide us with feedback and help. To those of you who are adamant about a public test server or something similar, please know that we are still in discussion about it.

We also understand the community's concerns. Please know that the month of March will be dedicated to bug fixing and sorting out a good number of the remaining issues in game (there will still be scheduled Kafra updates so don't be surprised there, but all big content additions have been pushed back with the exception of perhaps the Honing system). There will also be fewer in-game events this month, as we focus more of our attention to helping the development team as much as we can. There will still be community events, which won't hinder our ability to focus on the more pressing issues. With that said, March will be a very important month and we will be needing all the help and understanding we can get from the community. We have plans to make the feedback to fruition process easier, so stay tuned to hear more about that.

We believe we can improve our game through group effort, and we hope you see it that way too. :)

PS. We will let the developers know of everyone's concerns in regards to Raid Progression. Feel free to continue adding your thoughts about it to this thread, so that we can pull from it when we make our feedback report. Thanks.

Nice.

P.S. I don't really care about raid progression.

#90 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

nicely said well feel free to pm me anytime if u want more ideas :) u know where to find us ahaha

#91 KazuMizu

KazuMizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Please...no...

#92 Otiran

Otiran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

It would be nice to have some dates and deadlines and concrete expectation. A gamer can dream *_*

#93 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

I appreciate the message trying to calm the community, but there's only so many times the community can be told "it's being worked on" before it loses all meaning.

It's not the fault of anybody at Warpportal, but entirely lies on the fault of the half assed job that Gravity is doing to save face for RO2. At this point, a better way to help the developers would be to take RO2 off their hands and hand it off to a better team of programmers that actually know what they're doing.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 02 March 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#94 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

lol......-_-

#95 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

why the exception of the honing system? That piece of garbage system is not needed here...If thinking bringing that back will benefit player experience then I think you should reconsider.

#96 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

First of all, to all the players saying that IRo2 has become a test server, please understand that this was not the intention. Most new content comes to IRo2 first now, because it is meant to be a pillar and role model for the other Ro2 servers(1). It just happens that our community is also one of the most vocal, hence why asking for feedback here has yielded much better results(2). This helps us target what's wrong with the game and fix it(3). We can't thank our community enough for always being there to provide us with feedback and help. To those of you who are adamant about a public test server or something similar, please know that we are still in discussion about it.

We also understand the community's concerns. Please know that the month of March will be dedicated to bug fixing and sorting out a good number of the remaining issues in game (there will still be scheduled Kafra updates so don't be surprised there(4), but all big content additions have been pushed back with the exception of perhaps the Honing system). There will also be fewer in-game events this month, as we focus more of our attention to helping the development team as much as we can. There will still be community events, which won't hinder our ability to focus on the more pressing issues. With that said, March will be a very important month and we will be needing all the help and understanding we can get from the community. We have plans to make the feedback to fruition process easier, so stay tuned to hear more about that.

1 -  hell of a role model we are since launch we have managed to lose about 3000 players~ just check steam :3

2 - Great, but where are the results? We were suppose to have class balance already, this will make it 3 months in the making. BONUS Fact-You guys were suppose to be working on this since AOV was released.

3 - We have NOT I repeat HAVE NOT had a patch break something to fix an issue since release.

4 - No, I do not think we can b surprised there at all.

Edited by IamLt, 02 March 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#97 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

but there's only so many times the community can be told "it's being worked on" before it loses all meaning.

FUN FACT: Still no class balance after 2 months~

BUT do not worry because it is being worked on and when they'll patch it, it will break the game.

#98 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Most new content comes to IRo2 first now, because it is meant to be a pillar and role model for the other Ro2 servers. It just happens that our community is also one of the most vocal, hence why asking for feedback here has yielded much better results.

o5uwhx.gif

what results lmao

If this server is the role model what on earth is happening on the others?

But erm on another note, Zanbee, it would help a lot if you'd give us concrete information for these 'fixes' and 'solutions' :( For example, last patch, wizards have ~improvements~ to their Firestarter skill, but literally nothing changed save for the description. If you do this for the other classes it'll reflect (even more) badly on these bugfixes you say the developers would apply.

#99 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Seriously? The game can't be enjoyed at all at in this test server state. Nothing's established, anything is bound to get changed, what reason is there to invest any significant amount of time into the game? At least pre-AOV, I was able to get by just by questing along and doing Kharas. Now with so many glaring issues and the fact that chances are high that I will have to continually rebuild my characters over and over again, I don't even want to log in anymore.

At this point, if they still don't think a separate test server would help, I don't know what else to say. I really don't. At the very least, you guys could give us detailed patch notes for proper feedback (i.e. Wizards' Meteor Storm has additional damages increased by 2% instead of "Wizards' Meteor Storm improved"), but you refuse to even do that.

#100 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Wow, the people here still have their torches lighted up. What a beautiful sight.

On the other note...you guys should've learn that you should fix the bugs first then add new content so you don't stack your list of bugs continuously. I still see that people are still complaining about bugs and this has been going on for a really long time and still you guys haven't learned anything from the mistakes of WoE implementation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users