Remove G-Fist Cooldown. - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 13 votes

Remove G-Fist Cooldown.

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#201 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

remove cast delay on soul destroyer!

#202 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

^ More GX luvin please  :p_love:

#203 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Cant you use some other skills before doing Gfist instead of starting the fight with it?

#204 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Just stick with the main thread, don't detract please!

So many posts that aren't related to it, keep them to yourselves or make another thread, separated from this one.

#205 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

So many posts that aren't related to it, keep them to yourselves or make another thread, separated from this one.

thank you.

#206 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Gfist is fine the way it is. if they remove cooldown on Gfist, they should remove cast delay on soul destroyer too. I WANT TO 1-SHOT MAGMARINGS FASTER!!!

#207 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Gfist is fine the way it is. if they remove cooldown on Gfist, they should remove cast delay on soul destroyer too. I WANT TO 1-SHOT MAGMARINGS FASTER!!!

did soul destroyer ever not have cooldown...? either case, maybe make a thread for urself after this is approved?

#208 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

uhm NO Wanderer is already WAY TOO OP in WoE/HugelRaces/PoringWars/MvP, they need to make Rapid Smiting do 100x damage so my Cross Shield isn't rotting away in storage thanks gravity

hey this is fun :>

forget that. buff blitz beat its useless in mvping. no joke. I think most mvp can outheal it!

#209 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

the point we are making is you want a skill to be more useful than gravity wants it to be. nutz and bolts, brass tacks, that is what you want. qq its unnecesarry you're feeling way to entitled when people can list a dozen classes that need a buff to be competitive.

It is a shame kRO is so tight lipped about what they do and why. Blizzard for example will sometimes say why. I play hearthstone lately and their balance update will literally say like, "it wasn't OP, but we nerfed it because it was good enough where other options weren't being considered. And we want other options to be considered." And that is exactly why gfist was nerfed.

Edited by Jaye, 05 March 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#210 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

""it wasn't OP, but we nerfed it because it was good enough where other options weren't being considered. And we want other options to be considered." And that is exactly why gfist was nerfed. "

i dont see how that is related to the gfist nerf. if anything, that only made gene the king of mvp. 

i mean, im ok with that since i only mvp with gene anyway. i also dont want challenge and then go on my sura or ranger to compete mvp with genes because challengers dont get rewarded with loots

Edited by thatfool, 05 March 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#211 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Why should a sura ever look into GoH or TC, if gfist does so much more damage, with no drawbacks? (Pre-nerf)

The reason you see more GoH and even TC builds now is NOT because GoH or TC became better, but because Gfist was lessened enough that people actually make that decision.

But, its not so terrible that NO ONE uses gfist. Gfist still happens all the time. I personally chose to forsake gfist altogether, while other suras choose to ONLY gfist.

This is what Jaye is talking about.

#212 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

i agree the gfist should be nerfed in pvp/woe aspect of the game... but this thread is about pvm/mvp.....

#213 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Why should a sura ever look into GoH or TC, if gfist does so much more damage, with no drawbacks? (Pre-nerf)

The reason you see more GoH and even TC builds now is NOT because GoH or TC became better, but because Gfist was lessened enough that people actually make that decision.

But, its not so terrible that NO ONE uses gfist. Gfist still happens all the time. I personally chose to forsake gfist altogether, while other suras choose to ONLY gfist.

This is what Jaye is talking about.

Yes, this. Also prior to nerf to gfist and bellum/siege gears sura was top tier for both mvp and woe, and it devalued the choice of class where playing sura was more preferrable.

Edited by Jaye, 05 March 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#214 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

i agree the gfist should be nerfed in pvp/woe aspect of the game... but this thread is about pvm/mvp.....

HONESTLY, I think it is quite likely the nerf also had pvm and expanded leveling cap in mind. As pre nerf sura could spam gfist to level. This makes all other classes look stupid in pvm and makes balancing higher level challenges (needing teamwork) impossible if everything can be one shot instantly by gfist.

#215 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

no, i agree with you. but i just think that was a halfa$$ fix because people are still soloing at ease with gene

#216 xiaw

xiaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

lets make a petition for this...+1 for un nerf PVM...or at least SP recovery during the 10 seconds cooldown...

#217 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

nop

#218 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

nup

#219 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Yes, but only if I can pick a change to make to my main class choice. I want Pinpoint Attack's skill delay to be removed. ASPD dependent. thx

#220 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Orlean's

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

OK. Retain the cooldown and the disability of sp regeneration, but make the G'fist a 2x2 or 3x3 AOE skill. That way, I'll have no problem g'fisting the mobs by mistake. QQ

#221 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Increase the cool down please. Sura's too OP.

#222 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I love you DP Meepo ftw!

#223 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Make gfist heal enemies instead of damage them and have it only cause chaos status and 50 fixed damage in pvp environments. That might balance the game.

#224 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

Only kRO have dips on making final decision on any sort of balancing patch. and kRO will always be the first one to testing them out. Since iRO is 2+ years behind in terms of updates, any sort of suggestion that you guys have now, will probably get rejected because,

1) Its already fixed in kRO

2) Skill may have been restricted by kRO for any kind of change.(ex. casting time of Zen is different than kRO where as gfist's restriction remains the same)

3) Too behind

Gfist nerf wasn't based on Ale. No one Q_Qed about Ale in kRO. reason why they made it this way was because only Sura dominates MVPing, and gene, rk came in second. Since kRO doesn't have Turn in or MVP summoner, it was sake of kRO's server's health. They actually kill MVP for exp too. So they made it so that others can aim for MVPing, which still kinda failed(they're not smart, really). However, I disagree with taking off the delay entirely, maybe reduce the cooldown to 5~7 second would work. 

Edited by CharAznable, 06 March 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#225 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Leave the cooldown. make gfist ele able to convert into a ele type of atk.

PS. remove gene ability to kill ghost and make the RK's more useful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users