Remove G-Fist Cooldown. - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 13 votes

Remove G-Fist Cooldown.

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#176 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Double Liberation Carga, Royal Valkryja's Shield, Maestro Purple Cowboy Hat, Brynhild, Variant Shoes, Nidhoggur Shadow's Garb, Megingjard, Phen Clip

not everyone has a meg

high lvl mvps = cannot one shot if solo = stuffed with competition with sp regen -_-

even if one wants to sura slam bbs its fugging bs to have to wait to regen, not even with a scholar

your arguement is slightly skewed mate

#177 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

lol... just as i thought this thread will lead into ......  solo MVP-ing thread....  :p_err:

#178 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

I've comped Suras, Genes and Rangers MVPing on my RG plenty of times, using my all-purpose PvM gear for the most part.  There's a lot more to MVPing than just playing the 'right' class.  

Regarding the actual topic, here's my question:  After a GFist, can a Scholar/Sorc use Soul Exhale to give the Sura SP and allow them to use Tiger Cannon/GoH while waiting for GFist cooldown?  If that's the case, I see zero issues with the current situation.

I played my Champ quite a lot before Renewal, but I've hardly played my Sura, he's mostly leveled with Seal 2 quest, lol.  But anyway, the Monk's class has ALWAYS needed a catalyst (Spirit Spheres) to do large-damage skills.  Just like Merchants use zeny, and Alchemist then use brewed items to do large damage. It's like... their whole deal.  Rapid GFisting in Renewal with a variety of SP items and Sura skills like Rising Dragon and especially iRO's custom shorter Zen was definitely unbalanced.

Edited by azumak1, 05 March 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#179 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Eighth page...

I also want with all my might and hope the day the removal of the cooldown to be here someday but let's try to be objective.

The fact of needing a few billions (Acid Bomb) against almost a hundred billions (Asura Str... Guillotine Fist) to make your skill deadly gives Acid Bomb an advantage but don't forget the fact GFist is a normal 2nd Job skill with no need of catalysts (with the exception of spheres, yeah) so no extra cost there which Acid Bomb does have.

Another fact (if you are ambitious): To lessen your travel expenses, you would need to make another character for bomb/potion/FCP creating purposes and that would take a couple more billions to get the equipment, time to gather/buy the ingredients, time to make the items. If you don't have characters to help your item making you would need to make them too or ask for help each time you have to work, having catalysts for making several hundred/thousands of bombs/potions/FCP, etc. and that is really not easy to achieve.

However for a Sura is as easy as gather equip, buff and go. Yeah, maybe one would use like 10+ buff items to make GFist more powerful just like a Geneticist does but still it's as easy to maintain a Sura as -_-.

More ranting: the damage curve for Acid Bomb is flatter than GFist so Acid Bomb will get fewer damage increases against Guillotine Fist with newer/better equipment that gets released. Also, Acid Bomb's flaw is to be dependant of the target's VIT so throw in a low VIT MvP and they watch as a Sura takes the MvP's trophy. Huh? Almost all important MvPs have high VIT amounts? Well, pre-Renewal Gravity "buffed" a lot of MvPs by reducing their VIT to 30 and "nerfed" them again in Renewal with normal VIT values. I hope they don't do the same again now or instead we would have several qq threads about Geneticist being nerfed.

It's still its flaw.

PD: Dunno about a Scholar refilling a Sura's SP during the cooldown is possible but given the length of the thread I would dare to say it doesn't work.

#180 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

Double Liberation Carga, Royal Valkryja's Shield, Maestro Purple Cowboy Hat, Brynhild, Variant Shoes, Nidhoggur Shadow's Garb, Megingjard, Phen Clip

not everyone has a meg

high lvl mvps = cannot one shot if solo = stuffed with competition with sp regen -_-

even if one wants to sura slam bbs its fugging bs to have to wait to regen, not even with a scholar

your arguement is slightly skewed mate

With bryn + meg you aren't doing 460k Gfist unless you have a crappy build and you aren't using buffs, and you really don't know how to play this game.

I remember back in ymir i was doing 750-800k gfist with bryn + 1 meg + dia ring under a cast + double lib carga (+12), +9 maestro evil fly wing + fatasm sunnies +  variant shoes + deviant nid garb (+9) and buffs (+20 foods, sp increase large and gt convert).

Edited by meditation, 05 March 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#181 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

right

so by your logic doing a 800k gfist makes it right to warrant a sura useless after a fist irregardless of the situation?

the discussion here is about cooldown, not how much damage

heck if they take off the sp regen bull i'd put up with 400k damage sure

i hate it when people argue for the sake of arguing

#182 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

800k in one hit with a 2nd class non trans skill. Yeah it should have a cool down, it doesn't require any items to be made in order to do Guillotine Fist

#183 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

right

so by your logic doing a 800k gfist makes it right to warrant a sura useless after a fist irregardless of the situation?

the discussion here is about cooldown, not how much damage

heck if they take off the sp regen bull i'd put up with 400k damage sure

i hate it when people argue for the sake of arguing

Calm down man.

As i already suggested here in this thread yesterday...

------------------------------------------------

meditation : Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Just remove sp cooldown.

Gfist cooldown is necessary in pvm (and pvp/woe as well) for the health and the balance of the game.

------------------------------------------------

I was referring to Gfist cooldown only in that video.

And If you really want to remove also Gfist cooldown thankssssssss so much <3 1m+ damage (no lex) on all mvps every 3-4 seconds, and 1,5m + damage (no lex) against holy/angel-shadow/demon since i have Gloom :)

Edited by meditation, 05 March 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#184 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

with db megj :) without u never do 1,5m without lex

#185 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

I think I will be making a Killing Stroke Ninja.

PD: Buff Ninjas.

#186 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

Mehhh...

Buff EDP.  :p_devil:

#187 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

there's no way GOH can out damage acid bomb if that's what you're suggesting. The 10 second down time of gfist allows the genetic to throw at least 10 -15 bombs which if given the same gear a sura has the Genetic will do 2x if not more damage than his gfist will.

#188 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

with db megj :) without u never do 1,5m without lex

Never mentioned with how many megs lol.

I'm well geared. Of course most of players aren't so geared. But Gfist would be still too OP with no cooldown.

As i already said I'm fine with sp cooldown removed tho.

Edited by meditation, 05 March 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#189 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Really ? This thread reached 8 pages ?

........ This video was back on ymir with crappy gears compared to these days (may 2011). Now with average gears and a bryn you can reach 850-900k gfist easily... (back in 2011 there were no turkey, no enhanced variants, no hbp, no faw, no sura gauntlet, no safe to 10 and so on and so forth...)

I used to solo(well I had to bring an alt so I could start the instance but I never used it) this entire instance in under 6 minutes from start to finish on sura. It was so fun and when dolls were worth something before CEB/Pom bands I made like 1b~+ doing it twice a day per week during double drops events lol. Took like 18 green ales and 100 fat whites tops.

#190 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

why are people using "oh its a non tran skill" to make an argument against lifting the nerf on gfist?

OH RIGHT, the world is definitely ending because a monk is walking around with meg/bryn/elite gears doing 300k gfist

actually, a biochem can easily do 150k bomb and also easily throwing 3 bombs per 2 seconds

#191 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

why are people using "oh its a non tran skill" to make an argument against lifting the nerf on gfist?

OH RIGHT, the world is definitely ending because a monk is walking around with meg/bryn/elite gears doing 300k gfist

actually, a biochem can easily do 150k bomb and also easily throwing 3 bombs per 2 seconds

But AB is a trans skill that requires catalysts.

#192 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

and...? unless u r new to the game, it doesnt take u more than a week to tran 99.

if you are new to the game, u wouldnt be walking with meg/bryn and all those god times/mvp cards anyway

#193 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

and...? unless u r new to the game, it doesnt take u more than a week to tran 99.

if you are new to the game, u wouldnt be walking with meg/bryn and all those god times/mvp cards anyway

It's still harder to get and isn't a burst damage skill and will have a higher dps only if the cool down on gfist exists and requires the target to have high vit and genes aren't as good as suras in woe

Basically everything this thread already said but you didn't read.

Anyways kRO isn't going to change anything since they were the ones who came up with the cool down so just let this thread die already.

Edited by sb120495, 05 March 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#194 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

well, this thread is about pvm.....

#195 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

well, this thread is about pvm.....

I said suras are pretty good in woe(compared to genetics) so it wouldn't be fair if they were also good in pvm.

Once again kRO is not going to remove the cool down since they were the ones who put it.

I'm pretty sure you're just trolling at this point so i'll just leave it at this.

#196 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Spoiler

#197 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

i dont really play much anymore, but i've mained monk class since prerenewal.  i've done pretty much everything you can do on it in all aspects of ro.  with that being said, i think the sura class is easily one of the best classes to play in pvm/woe.  just because the class was a mvp machine back in the day does not guarentee that it remains the best.  the point of "renewal" was for something new.  it does not matter whether it was a custom change or not.  it was once on the top and then now it is still up there in being able to compete.  that's still pretty consistently good, about the same as a dancer class being consistently bad in the mvp scenario

my two fav classes are sura and chaser.  if i could do everything i wanted to on these two classes alone, i would.  but obviously it's not possible.  if you like playing sura for mvping, then do it cause it's still damn good.  you can still win out on a lot of mvps, even against a genetic.  honestly you might as well mvp on that wanderer to see if you really have it bad.  the mvp would be dead before you get a severe rainstorm off, not to mention it would prob do less damage than a sura that gfisted with just his pinky.  the classes are the way they are.  if you want to be more efficient, then play the most efficient class

as other ppl have said, gfist is fine the way it is

#198 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

they should make arrow vulcan doo 10x what it currently does so my wanderer can comp sura at mvp

#199 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

this is a totally different topic, as gfist was nerf and we ask the nerf to be lifted; arrow vulcan was never 10x its current damage. 

#200 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

they should make arrow vulcan doo 10x what it currently does so my wanderer can comp sura at mvp

uhm NO Wanderer is already WAY TOO OP in WoE/HugelRaces/PoringWars/MvP, they need to make Rapid Smiting do 100x damage so my Cross Shield isn't rotting away in storage thanks gravity

hey this is fun :>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users