WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post) - Page 13 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
431 replies to this topic

#301 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

omg cein, ily T-T

my camera pooped out on me half way through my demo and i'm like almost done but i didn't quite make it .-.

#302 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

My entry for the event is pretty simple but i wanted to make something i would thoroughly enjoy.  So thus i decided to make

Spoiler

To me, nothing is more refreshing then watermelon, followed closely by mangoes, so i decided to make a watermelon/mango smoothie with some local honey.

1)  get a huge watermelon, a mango, and some local honey

2)  cut up the watermelon and mango into small enough sizes to fit the blender. spell out dini for fun with the watermelon pieces

3) put the pieces in the blender and top with ice

4) add a tablespoon of honey for that little extra sweet taste even though it would be absolutely fine without it

5) BLEND

6) Pour in cup and enjoy!

Spoiler

and the finished product

Spoiler

Renewal:

character : Dini

Edited by Andini, 01 July 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#303 paskiboy

paskiboy

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

~Dragon Breath c0cktail~

The c0cktail is called the Green Dragon

12080.png31_zps3f57a602.png

First let us make the Dragon Glass:

Materials needed:

Water

All Purpose Flour

Newspaper

Masking tape

Cardboard

Wire (not necessary but preferred)

White Gesso paint

Acrylic Paints

1_zpsb6b7dcee.png

1. Create the base with newpapers and other materials you find that will fit the dragon shape. I twisted and crumpled newspaper and used masking tape to hold it up.

2. Attach the wings that you cut out from the cardboard with masking tape.

3. I cut the neck because it was initially too long.

4. For the spikes roll up newspaper into a spiral shape.

5. To make the tail, I rolled newspaper onto a wire (from a clothes hanger). The wire is to make the shape of the tail hold.

Spoiler

6. Make the bones for the wings by rolling news papers into a small tube and attach it to the cardboard with tape.

7. Start shaping the head by adding new papers for its facial features.

8. Now we make the paper mache paste by mixing All Purpose Flour and Water into a desirable viscosity. I don't like mine too watery. Make sure you don't have any flour lumps.

9. Rip, don't cut newspapers into half inch to one inch strips of desired length.

10. Dip the entire strip of newspaper into the paste mixture.

Spoiler

11. Put your newspaper strips by slightly overlapping them to make your first layer. 2-3 layers recommended.

12. The wings are likely to droop because of the weight of the paper mache, so I decided to put the dragon upside down for it to dry.

13. When the first layer is dried, add the 2nd layer. I also added more features to the face including eyelids and nostrils.

14. Now paint the Dragon white as a base color. Gesso paint is recommended.

15. After the base white dries, now paint the dragon however you like it.

Spoiler

Now let's make the Dragon Breath c0cktail!

Ingredients needed:

1/2 Lemon

1.5 oz Gin

.5 oz Kummel/ Kimmel

4 dashes Orange Bitters

.5 oz Creme de Menthe

Ice

24_zps7a6a6273.png

I did not have Kummel and could not find it in stores so I made my own. To make it you need: 3 tbsp vodka + pinch of caraway seeds + small pinch of cumin seeds + small pinch of fennel seeds, soaked at room temperature for at least 1 month. I was only able to let it soak for about 17 days, but it turned out great.

1. Put ice into the c0cktail mixer.

2. Squeeze half of the lemon into the mixer.

3. Pour half ounce of Creme de Menthe into the mixer

4. Pour one and half ounces of Gin into the mixer.

5. Pour half ounce of Kummel into the mixer (forgot to take a picture)

6. Add four dashes of Orange Bitters into the mixer.

Spoiler

7. Now shake!

8. Then pour.

9. Add a straw and a watermelon slice to compliment the flavor of the c0cktail.

7. 9ys07_zpsc4ad5b88.gif 8. 9ysmv_zps6ed4ee2d.gif

Spoiler

~Finished!~

Edited by paskiboy, 02 July 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#304 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

~Dragon Breath c0cktail~

The c0cktail is called the Green Dragon.

12080.png31_zps3f57a602.png

First let us make the Dragon Glass:

Materials needed:

Water

All Purpose Flour

Newspaper

Masking tape

Cardboard

Wire (not necessary but preferred)

White Gesso paint

Acrylic Paints

1_zpsb6b7dcee.png

1. Create the base with newpapers and other materials you find that will fit the dragon shape. I twisted and crumpled newspaper and used masking tape to hold it up.

2. Attach the wings that you cut out from the cardboard with masking tape.

3. I cut the neck because it was initially too long.

4. For the spikes roll up newspaper into a spiral shape.

5. To make the tail, I rolled newspaper onto a wire (from a clothes hanger). The wire is to make the shape of the tail hold.

Spoiler

6. Make the bones for the wings by rolling news papers into a small tube and attach it to the cardboard with tape.

7. Start shaping the head by adding new papers for its facial features.

8. Now we make the paper mache paste by mixing All Purpose Flour and Water into a desirable viscosity. I don't like mine too watery. Make sure you don't have any flour lumps.

9. Rip, don't cut newspapers into half inch to one inch strips of desired length.

10. Dip the entire strip of newspaper into the paste mixture.

Spoiler

11. Put your newspaper strips by slightly overlapping them to make your first layer. 2-3 layers recommended.

12. The wings are likely to droop because of the weight of the paper mache, so I decided to put the dragon upside down for it to dry.

13. When the first layer is dried, add the 2nd layer. I also added more features to the face including eyelids and nostrils.

14. Now paint the Dragon white as a base color. Gesso paint is recommended.

15. After the base white dries, now paint the dragon however you like it.

Spoiler

Now let's make the Dragon Breath c0cktail!

Ingredients needed:

1/2 Lemon

1.5 oz Gin

.5 oz Kummel/ Kimmel

4 dashes Orange Bitters

.5 oz Creme de Menthe

Ice

24_zps7a6a6273.png

I did not have Kummel and could not find it in stores so I made my own. To make it you need: 3 tbsp vodka + pinch of caraway seeds + small pinch of cumin seeds + small pinch of fennel seeds, soaked at room temperature for at least 1 month. I was only able to let it soak for about 17 days, but it turned out great.

1. Put ice into the c0cktail mixer.

2. Squeeze half of the lemon into the mixer.

3. Pour half ounce of Creme de Menthe into the mixer

4. Pour one and half ounces of Gin into the mixer.

5. Pour half ounce of Kummel into the mixer (forgot to take a picture)

6. Add four dashes of Orange Bitters into the mixer.

Spoiler

7. Now shake!

8. Then pour.

9. Add a straw and a watermelon slice to compliment the flavor of the c0cktail.

7. 9ys07_zpsc4ad5b88.gif 8. 9ysmv_zps6ed4ee2d.gif

Spoiler

~Finished!~

No this is amazing

#305 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

RO_LutieColdNoodle_zps24a6711d.png

Please forgive my crappy phone quality! :p_laugh:

Spoiler

Recipes I took from here: http://www.lafujimam...ou-might-think/

And here: http://shesimmers.co...ce-my-moms.html

Ceinchase you're a goddess btw~ :p_love:

Ahh your noodles look so much better than mine! Mine kept sticking together and making a giant mess lol.

@the dragon -_-tail: I wish I was that good at art :/ I can barely handle cooking lol. I'm liking the gifs too.

Edited by Chrispy, 30 June 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#306 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Ahh your noodles look so much better than mine! Mine kept sticking together and making a giant mess lol.

@the dragon -_-tail: I wish I was that good at art :/ I can barely handle cooking lol. I'm liking the gifs too.

Thank you! When I had cut them they weren't coming out the size I wanted so I had to hand shape them all. It was a tiring process. xD

Yours were really good too!

#307 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

I wont have my entry in on time, but when my work is finished I'll post it anyway.

#308 kalius1

kalius1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Cute strawberry-choco

Ended up being so creepy :sob:  but funny  :heh:

Ingredients: 

- Strawberries

- Chocolate

- white chocolate

- a little pot

first i got the strawberries C: *I washed them*

Then using a pot I put the chocolate and make it melt  :p_smile:

Once i got the melted chocolate, i put it on the strawberries  :p_laugh:

Did the same with the White Chocolate C:

Finally, I try to put the melted chocolate on the strawberries :3

feqgiv.jpg

219pfk0.jpg

10xwkno.jpg

34gr385.jpg

2vn2g4j.jpg

#309 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Whoopsie daisy.

Deadline is extended until midnight server time (PST).

So... Two and a half hours from this post, essentially.

#310 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

PDT.

#311 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hope's Petite Cafe Presents:

Pope Cookie~

DSCN1287_zpsc0af9348.jpg

So for months i have been wanting to tackle this one with a new technique that i have been dying to try. I thought this one would be the best choice to execute it.
(In this i display the Chocolate Drink as a bonus in the final picture, intended to be enjoyed with the adorable pope cookie. If anyone so desires me to put the recipe and process of the Chocolate Drink as well, feel free to ask me. But my final showcase is on the Pope Cookie.)

Ingredients you will need::

Spoiler

Decoration Ingredients::
White Chocolate (whatever kind you may like, i suggest a better quality white chocolate but you can use Wilton Candy Melts or Almond Bark if you just want to try it out)
Cocoa Butter Paints (These can be bought as is or made at home with an oil based or powder based food coloring and pure cocoa butter {Make sure its food grade!} )

Special Tools::
Acetate Sheets (or to substitute a clear/semi clear thin poly-plastic folder would do well, make sure to wash it but Don't Scrub with something Abrasive.)

Directions::
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

First we will sift out all of our dry ingredients (The flour, baking powder, and salt)
Spoiler

After sifting, begin creaming the butter, coconut oil, and sugar.
(Start out by getting the butter worked, then add in the coconut oil, lastly add in the sugar and make sure its well mixed.)

Spoiler

After creaming the butter mixture, add in the eggs one at a time. Mix it well and then lastly add in the vanilla.

Spoiler

Once all the wet ingredients are fully incorporated, begin adding the flour in little bits at a time and then make sure that it is fully combined.

Spoiler

As the dough begins to come together, if it seems a little bit wetter than usual (usually this happens due to weather temp or kitchen temp.) Feel free to add in a bit more flour to even it out (Do this only in tablespoons at a time, adding too much can break the dough)

Spoiler

Once it is fully come together, lay it out on plastic wrap and form a disk. Wrap it well then place it in the refrigerator for at least a Hour or until you notice that its rather solid and not soft anymore.

Spoiler

Now it is ready to be rolled out, cut the dough in half and work with half at a time.
Begin rolling it out on a lightly floured surface to the thickness you desire. (I suggest like a 1/4 inch thick)

Spoiler

Begin cutting out your cookie shapes with a cutter (or cut out template in this case and tracing around it with either a toothpick or a small knife)

Spoiler

After the shapes have been cut out, place your cookies on a baking sheet and put them in your pre-heated oven.
(For this i rolled out my dough on parchment paper because i wanted a more exact shape to how i cut it out, normally i don't care and just cut them out and transfer to a baking sheet to be cooked. For those of you who are novices at baking i highly suggest you roll it out on parchment paper as well and transfer that parchment with the cookies to your baking sheet.)

Spoiler

Leave the cookies in there for about 15 minutes Or until the edges are golden brown.
(Tip: if you notice your cookies are getting golden on one side but the other side doesn't have any color at all, try turning the baking tray half way through the cooking time and it should even out.)

Once they are fully baked, leave them out to cool.

Spoiler

Decoration Part::
While your cookies are cooling you can start on the preparations for the decoration.
For this i decided to flood the top of the cookies with White Chocolate and then use a Transfer Sheet to create a decoration.
To create a transfer sheet decoration you need a cocoa butter "paint"
These "paints" can be created by mixing pure cocoa butter with a oil based or powder based food coloring.
Once you have your colors you can begin painting the image you wish to transfer onto your chocolate. The key is, you will need to paint a mirror image of the main image you wish to use. Or if you are free-handing a sentence, it needs to be written backwards otherwise it will not show up properly on your chocolate (Since you are pretty much sticking the part you painted to melted chocolate, the print made will be a "reflection" of what you painted)

Spoiler

Once you let the sheet dry, flood the cookie with white chocolate.
(Start out with a outline around the edges, then gradually fill the center and smooth it out, it doesn't need to be 100% even since the transfer sheet is what is going to make it smooth.)

Spoiler

After the cookie is covered in chocolate, gently place the transfer sheet on it and press down to smooth it out and ensure every part of the sheet is touching the chocolate on the cookie.

Spoiler

Once the sheet is on, place the cookie in the fridge for about 5 minutes. (Or until the sheet comes off of the cookie completely clean. Test a corner of it before trying to pull it off and if it is still wet, put it back in the fridge until the chocolate is solid.)
When the sheet comes off completely clean, put any other finishing touches you might want and just let it dry.

Spoiler

And that's all there is to it~

To see all the photos i took for this project feel free to visit the album.

Hope's Pope Cookie Demo
It is password protected though, The password is hopeluvschoco

If there are any problems please let me know :3

#312 melliechan

melliechan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

WELL, since I couldn't do my original entries since I didn't properly read the rules, here is my I-made-this-in-three-hours chocolate mousse cake. I did have high hopes for this cake, I did. Everything was good until it became 1 AM, and I no longer cared what the side decorations looked like. I even tried to cut a piece to show there is indeed mousse in there. Maybe you can tell? There is even a chocolate graham cracker crust! And...a whole crap ton of chocolate.

Too tired at the moment to post a recipe. I will later.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#313 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

My post isn't in the final entry and I followed all the rules and submitted it on time can someone please check this out for me. I made the fried sweet potatoes, the only thing I wasn't able to do was post an in game picture of the fried sweet potatoes because I didn't know how to.

#314 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

do you have photos of yourself making it?.......... please say you do ._.;

Yes I do I'm in page 13 Oda put it in with spoilers.

#315 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

oh I must have missed you, apologies. I was actually talking to mellie. I'll ad ya now

Thanks.

#316 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Thank you so much to everyone who entered! These all look delicious and I am so proud of the creative spark that you all have showed here today. It was difficult just choosing a few of these, in the end I made the difficult call and based on the criteria laid out in the OP (effort, creativity, presentation, deliciousness) choose 3 and one honorable mention for the contest. I am so happy that you guys had fun with this event and we will certainly be doing more stuff like this in the future!

Please amend your posts with the character/server that you'd like to get your participation Creative Convention hat on, and see you in the kitchen!

#317 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

so no drinks are u kidding me

#318 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

how are we getting our creative contraption hats

#319 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Grats to the winners~ Especially the Handmade Chocolate, you deserved it!

#320 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Congrats to the three winners.

#321 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Congrats to the three winners.

and honorable mention~ <3 CONGRATS!!!!!!!

#322 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

grats to the winners....those look so good that I am tempted to recreate them

#323 markdoesbark

markdoesbark

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1089 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

So when do we get the hats?

#324 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Congrats, Syn.

I feel like you're the only true winner here.

Oda let the GMs around the office vote and I feel like they really dropped the ball here.

I think the complexity part should be deleted from your post, Oda.

Tigra's stew looks very nice presentation wise, but if you're judging from that angle, the curry and dragon breath -_-tail are also great.

No disrespect to Natsume, but she won solely because there were porings on the top.

The chocolate spilled down into the pan and she added things that weren't even part of the original.

I'm fine if people want to say I'm bitter, but I could have picked multiple things that were better than 3rd place.

Grats nonetheless, but I feel the ball was dropped here.

#325 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

With amending our post....does that mean the original one with the entry for the contest? o.O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users