Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014. - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#26 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

I have this tingling sensation that this is a bad idea, maybe it's just cause of my luck, but I managed to farm a very large stash of items etc, and well. hmm. 

#27 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Disassembling fists of the southern barbarians in 5... 4... 3...

#28 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

this needs to happen as soon as possible as to be honest people are vending and loosing all their money in this time which is such a waste for them....

and to think of all the people who are going to be farming and leveling for example and its all getting rolled back and the servers are still on even due to it being rolled back... doesnt make sense

Edited by borgahutt, 01 July 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#29 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Draconis & Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

When is the rollback going to happen?

The time for the actual roll-back is not yet determined; as we are not able to state the servers are at a stable point. Once the servers are established and determined to be once again stable, without major issue, we will conduct the database rollback.

When: Not yet determined. Our priority is to get the servers stable first, then we will announce when.

#30 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Awww poo :p_sad: well ok, plus I guess its better this way because once the servers are stable, with all that exp and so on ill be back to that lvl or higher in no time :p_smile:

Sorry! But with the bonuses you will receive, level 28 will be gotten in no time. :ok:

Will this take place today for the rollback and the fixes ShazamO ?

Forgot to mention this also, Do i need to submit a ticket for the lost zulie in my storage ?

Today would be great BUT it's unlikely. I'll be crossing my fingers.

I would recommend submitting a ticket just in case. Once the rollback occurs, your zulie should be back though.

#31 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

will i get my 6 lost days of premium back? will i get my bought IM points back?

#32 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

My only question is; So, will not worth keep playing till the rollback happens? I mean, everything i acquire, will be lost?

:hmm: this rollback does include everything, right? I mean, quests, bla bla bla 

#33 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Today would be great BUT it's unlikely. I'll be crossing my fingers.

I would recommend submitting a ticket just in case. Once the rollback occurs, your zulie should be back though.

sooner the better for this situation, its already a shame ive lost out on every single sale in my vends the past days...

#34 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

My only question is; So, will not worth keep playing till the rollback happens? I mean, everything i acquire, will be lost?

:hmm: this rollback does include everything, right? I mean, quests, bla bla bla 

Quests are part of your characters data, so yes.

#35 Denaomina

Denaomina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Leo

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Unfortunately this for me has been the straw to quit the game.  I said initially to hold servers off line and roll back after first days of the outages.  Seeing this wasn't happening I put up with the dc's and lag and I have since worked leveling a character, selling items gaining money to find out now it all was for ABSOLUTE nothing.  Many I seen posting about items lost have their items back from what I could tell in game after relogging etc. they are in gear and stuff.    I really can't believe you choose to do this now after a week.  It was bad enough people dealt with the up and down but now everything and all they did this past week was for nothing at all but some cosmetic T shirt...and exp event your already where doing after the maint. was over since it was down for 2 days.  If this was even being thought about you should have stated it and not let things move on and people gain items and money and valor etc, for so long just to roll it all back without warning until now..  I tolerate a great amount but this has just been too much now... yes I'm pissed, knowing IM stuff will be gone etc, and same amount of tickets will need to be opened due to the lost IM stuff during the time frame as well.

G/L to you all can't believe I wasted real money in this game now which I will never see back now since this will happen again and again with the next 4-5 implementations of updates in the near future.  I just can't believe you had us completely wasting our times all these past days...

#36 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

This makes a LOT of sense to me! I thought I had been unaffected as far as losing items, etc. but then yesterday discovered that a 110 bourgeois had no weapon (Firelock +15 w/Enchanted Aquarius), no Meister Wheels, no snowmobile "wheels" and no Shakesperean Gloves. o.O  It was quite weird.

So putting everything back to how we left it prior to the maintenance seems very logical, and for those who want to help discover any remaining bugs and enjoy massive exp and drops, go for it! It'll help the devs!! If not, well, nothing gained, nothing lost!

I can't imagine how stressful it's been on you guys who are trying your very hardest to return the game to normal. I seriously look up to you and appreciate all you do for the state of the game and also try to please the players. Helluva position. I'd be in the loony bin, white rubber room, the whole 9 yards :heh:.

Great respect for the team! :no1:

#37 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

You should all stop complaining.. all this complaining won't bring back your new items nor the time that you've spend playing this game

last weekend. Just wish the DEV team some luck.. because I'm sure you guys got better things to do than complaining on the forums all day.  :blahblah: 

Edited by djilano, 01 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#38 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Unfortunately this for me has been the straw to quit the game.  I said initially to hold servers off line and roll back after first days of the outages.  Seeing this wasn't happening I put up with the dc's and lag and I have since worked leveling a character, selling items gaining money to find out now it all was for ABSOLUTE nothing.  Many I seen posting about items lost have their items back from what I could tell in game after relogging etc. they are in gear and stuff.    I really can't believe you choose to do this now after a week.  It was bad enough people dealt with the up and down but now everything and all they did this past week was for nothing at all but some cosmetic T shirt...and exp event your already where doing after the maint. was over since it was down for 2 days.  If this was even being thought about you should have stated it and not let things move on and people gain items and money and valor etc, for so long just to roll it all back without warning until now..  I tolerate a great amount but this has just been too much now... yes I'm pissed, knowing IM stuff will be gone etc, and same amount of tickets will need to be opened due to the lost IM stuff during the time frame as well.

G/L to you all can't believe I wasted real money in this game now which I will never see back now since this will happen again and again with the next 4-5 implementations of updates in the near future.  I just can't believe you had us completely wasting our times all these past days...

I apologize but it NEVER stated that you would lose your Item Mall Points/Items. 

Quoted by our development team, "We will endeavor to replace any and all Item Mall items that were purchased and removed from your Purchase Tab".

#39 BeepBeepZoop

BeepBeepZoop

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKelowna, bc, Canada
  • Server:Leo

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

long as i see my IM points back ill be happy :D continue workin hard guys

#40 DynVori

DynVori

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Meanwhile, in the same location...

To be fun, Both Leonis and Draconis will have a Boost of 500% EXP and 3X Drops Bonus UNTIL we have the Servers stable. So please to enjoy that~

Ok so we go online now and level and farm like crazy fanatics (if we dont DC that is, wich is kind of impossible at this stage to stay on) then you re-roll back th 6/26/2014 and all those levels and stuff farmed will be gone? so guys whats the point of this then?

And another question, any gear we have made and refined during this time will also be gone? meaning newly crafted gear or gear we had before but refined during this time will be back to what it was before 6/26?

If this is a yes then whats the use of even doing anything on Rose untill you have done the re-roll?

#41 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

will i get my 6 lost days of premium back? will i get my bought IM points back?

You clearly haven't read the topic, right?  :p_sad:

#42 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

To be fun, Both Leonis and Draconis will have a Boost of 500% EXP and 3X Drops Bonus UNTIL we have the Servers stable. So please to enjoy that~

I agree, that's not fun lol, that's teasing.

#43 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

For the future if you are going to have to do a roll back which I am sure you knew was going to have to be done you should make that announcement.  I have seen it used in other versions of ROSE where you said we have went live with an update we encourage you to play but to expect roll backs to happen (suppose to be what test servers are for, but if no one uses them I guess you have to do it on live server).  Some will say thats the risk you take playing during instability, but when you are encouraged to log by the team it sends a different message.  A happy ending to those who lost items bittersweet for those who played a bit since maintenance started.  Not necessarily mad but this could have been avoid with a littler better communication. 

We never intended to every have to do a server wide rollback. We've been working towards not having to do that at all, because we understand that the time spent and items gained, for lack of a better word, sucks.

However, through our best efforts, there is a case that is showing to be more frequent than we feel is tolerable to handle on a case by case situation and unfortunately is also completely undetectable on our end. Those factors being what they are, we concluded that we cannot provide a good service is this exists as an issue. The decision did not come lightly, in fact it pains me to do so. We've gone this long without ever having to do this and there were some pretty bad times in our history, but we emerged from it all.

We've always tried to prepare for the worst, but to announce it as an expectancy is nothing we've ever actively wanted to put out there as a course of action either.

We're communicating it to you now, because it has come to that point.

I agree, that's not fun lol, that's teasing.

We'll still hold an Experience & Drop event after the servers are stable. The rates or duration will be dependent on the time it takes to reach its stable status.

long as i see my IM points back ill be happy :D continue workin hard guys

You won't see IM points restored. We will be replacing any items purchased that were withdrawn from the Purchase Tab.

To anyone else who is questioning this, please read the thread carefully. We did cover this point of issue.

#44 5782140221081924700

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

a roll back is the best solution. its never possible to satisfy everyone. just imagine u r the 1 losing all the items. 

but i hope+pray that when once everything is stable n with devs well rested, special consideration will be given to players who have spent hours farming during this period of darkness. 

personally, i have found 7 epics(with screen shots) after spending tens of hours n i wldnt have if i knew there will be a roll back. 

p.s. are the low dura epics a bug?  

Edited by 5782140221081924700, 01 July 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#45 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

This makes0, sense to me. Only because of my opnion. Did more people get effed over with items issues, then people who didn't? That to me would be the definitive resolve in this situation, which % of the community had problems vs didn't. Cuase personally, I don't see a terribly LARGE portion of the community having the issue, What I DO see if about topside 30-50 people having problems, while several hundred? haven't even logged / had no problems. But, if it's a go, then screw it. There goes several hours farming + vend profits out the door. 

So in conjuntion or, restating.

People with no problems + people who farmed < people who had problems = rollback is what I'm seeing stated. 

Edited by Feuer, 01 July 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#46 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

You clearly haven't read the topic, right?  :p_sad:

rage makes me blind  - 6days of vending lost - what will i get ? an exp and drop event (like if i farm or level) thanks.....its not my buisness if people were cheating or losing items (i luckly didn't) - instead of leaving servers offline till they work 100% always same stuff idk....should i be thankfull? i made 2-3 good deals that brought me like 100bil - all worth nothing now....

#47 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

a roll back is the best solution. i cant imagine losing all my items.

but i hope+pray that when once everything is stable n with devs well rested, special consideration will be given to players who have spent hours farming during this period of darkness. 

personally, i have found 7 epics(with screen shots) after spending tens of hours n i wldnt have if i knew there will be a roll back. 

p.s. are the low dura epics a bug?  

Low dura epics should not be a bug, because before you could use repair hammers and the dura could be lowered if you were unlucky so some people did that until their items reached 1 dura.

#48 shinjr99

shinjr99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationFremont, California
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hope this also fixes the login lag issues too

#49 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

We never intended to every have to do a server wide rollback. We've been working towards not having to do that at all, because we understand that the time spent and items gained, for lack of a better word, sucks.

However, through our best efforts, there is a case that is showing to be more frequent than we feel is tolerable to handle on a case by case situation and unfortunately is also completely undetectable on our end. Those factors being what they are, we concluded that we cannot provide a good service is this exists as an issue. The decision did not come lightly, in fact it pains me to do so. We've gone this long without ever having to do this and there were some pretty bad times in our history, but we emerged from it all.

We've always tried to prepare for the worst, but to announce it as an expectancy is nothing we've ever actively wanted to put out there as a course of action either.

We're communicating it to you now, because it has come to that point.

We'll still hold an Experience & Drop event after the servers are stable. The rates or duration will be dependent on the time it takes to reach its stable status.

You won't see IM points restored. We will be replacing any items purchased that were withdrawn from the Purchase Tab.

To anyone else who is questioning this, please read the thread carefully. We did cover this point of issue.

is it not possible to sort out everyones problems 1on1 then? or is would it be more hassle than its worth as to be honest its tricky on the people playing through all of this the past days vending/farming.

i understand it would be way more beneficial to not to a server roll back but i guess its not possible?

#50 5782140221081924700

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Low dura epics should not be a bug, because before you could use repair hammers and the dura could be lowered if you were unlucky so some people did that until their items reached 1 dura.

hi djilano,

fresh drop after update :D

is the 1/1 dura a bug or part of the update?

7757bf336208675.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users