Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014. - Page 4 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#76 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Honeybunz I have a char around lvl 13x, I might be high enough to level with you. Will you wait to level those until the rollback happens, or go ahead with it now?

#77 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Honeybunz I have a char around lvl 13x, I might be high enough to level with you. Will you wait to level those until the rollback happens, or go ahead with it now?

if i dont lvl myself i might can come buff/ heal with my maxed cleric :p_idea: :waddle: :boogie:

#78 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Well I am not real anxious to level it, just to have to do it over when the rollback happens.

#79 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

she is on draconis

#80 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

she is on draconis

Yes I know, my 13x is also on Draconis. :P

#81 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

That would be fun but I think maybe let's wait until everything is rolled back and the servers are stable again. That way we only have to do it once :)

#82 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

rage makes me blind  - 6days of vending lost - what will i get ? an exp and drop event (like if i farm or level) thanks.....its not my buisness if people were cheating or losing items (i luckly didn't) - instead of leaving servers offline till they work 100% always same stuff idk....should i be thankfull? i made 2-3 good deals that brought me like 100bil - all worth nothing now....

Well dude, anyone have in mad that the servers are unstable those days, and doing anything, lvling, farming, selling,buying, was by your own risk. You have seen a lot of players in game spamming they have lost some stuff, and you stayed there.

They sure needed to put the server on-line even with the bugs, to fix any bug that can happen.

Like i said a lot of times, IT'S BY YOUR OWN RISK.

I lvled some, i farmed some those days, I did bought two gems. I lost those gems and the money, but I had in mind it may happen! So i just send a ticket to the support like Leo told us to do, now I'm just waiting.

Now, people come to the forum to flame they rage desperate for something much, if not all, knew what would happen.

I'm not happy too, i will lose some cool item and a quest, and I can't do this quest alone actually, but its ok. They are fixing the server, theres a lot of players wich used the bugs to have some advantage, they need to fix it.

#83 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

That would be fun but I think maybe let's wait until everything is rolled back and the servers are stable again. That way we only have to do it once :)

Awesome! She is in Shiragiku clan, so Zurn can get ahold of me on skype if need be.

#84 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

"entire duration" means 2 months?

Hey I was sleepy. And it was merely a single month.

#85 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hey I was sleepy. And it was merely a single month.

"was"You're always sleepy... And how can you be always sleepy in an entire month?

#86 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

"was"You're always sleepy... And how can you be always sleepy in an entire month?

He's just that good. :hinthint:

#87 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

To everyone that's saying what's the point of logging in atm :blahblah: - I'd say that what you should be doing is exploring the new drop table.

Find out what drops from which monsters etc, and which areas are best for the items that you may be interested in farming once the rollback takes place.

Once the rollback happens it'll be a farmfest, especially with the bonuses that they'll be giving. :boogie:

So explore all the maps you can get to and see what drops from where - you'll know where to go then for the items you're after.

Just remember that even grey mobs drop now so don't ignore them - check out what they drop too.

I bet any dealer worth his salt is already doing this, getting ready for when the rollback happens.

And the higher levels have been finding out which mobs and areas drop the best weapons.

So don't ignore this, take the opportunity so that you're ahead of other players in that you'll know where the drops are  :thumb2:

#88 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

This is a great time to perhaps explore a new class, a new build, or as was mentioned above, explore the maps and check out the new drop table.

#89 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

I like my bed.. for multiple reasons. It's just a personal thing.

#90 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

or just have silly fun with friends without serious farming or lvling :boogie:

#91 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

thats what i've been doing lol~ just got a fearless vengeance 66 dura from giant snapper :)

#92 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Leo, since this last update gave you guys so much work, and now it looks like a "reborn" to the server, please consider a idea of a free skill/stat reset to everyone.

It will sure give a boost of motivation to many of players to bring back farmers and adjust they chars wich are focused to pvp, to turn into a pvm style.

#93 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

This is a great time to perhaps explore a new class, a new build, or as was mentioned above, explore the maps and check out the new drop table.

Hi pdfisher :wave:

I hadn't even thought about trying a new character or change the build too - good idea :bow:

For players who only have 1 or 2 chars this would be a great opportunity for them to check out a different class - it really takes no time to get to the 1st job level.

Since the new chars will disappear on the rollback and the emply character slots will return to them.

Yes a great opportunity to try other jobs out :thumb2:

#94 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I Think the rollback is necessary but a Little bit tragic for me. After all the years I've played rose I finally managed to get 3 Epic weapons, 1 spear, 1 two-handed sword and a rift boomer (dura 91). I also got a Coyote wand, but I understand that all those who lost their items must get them back

#95 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

Character Data Roll-Back Notice

In light of the Database update's series of unfortunate events, we've come to the decision that once the servers are deemed stable, we will be rolling back all character data to the time of when maintenance first began. After the game servers were finished shutting down, a back-up was created as normal for cases of emergencies.

Currently, there are some players who are experiencing missing items throughout characters and storage, which is extremely unfortunate. The cause is directly unknown, but we can contribute the server lock and crashing to play a large part. Because of this, again unfortunately, none of those affected storages or inventories are able to be detected outside of the player contacting us with a report.

Recent tickets suggest the count is higher than what we would deem tolerable to take care on an individual and reporting basis.

I love that you will do this guys!  :Emo_15:

But the only thing I am aginst is that some of us are students have summer break and now abel to play Rose Online and dont need to worry about school, we can play how much we want now! Now that we know what ever we do on Rose now will get deleted becuse of this rollback, so now you can only do is test the new drop system and chat, becuse doing dungeons, pvp games, farm is worthless, becuse everything will get deleted.

But I still understand you guys that you want the server to stand on its own feet before you program or what ever you do (I cant computers) to get this roll-back into the game so new bugs dont get created.  :Emo_17:  = Bug . 

But if I gonna choose one... I gonna choose, take your time to fix the server and then program the roll-back so we get less bugs in Rose Online.  :Emo_12:

I Love U Guys And You KNOW IT!  :Emo_15:

#96 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Once the servers return to being stable, we'll be giving an exp boost and premium service for every day they spent playing, as detailed in the original post of this thread. You should be able to get back up quickly. I know it's not a great situation, but we're working as fast as we can and trying to make it right for the loss that will result from the roll-back.

those exp boosts and premium don't help half of the players.. alot people will lose tons of zulies because of this rollback and they get nothing .. a T-shirt that will lay in storage for ever and exp and premium that alot wont even use..

atleast half of the players got all chars at 230.. everyone is vending and pvping .. i never farm, only when i started years ago for my first gear so after waiting 5 days , tons of dc's , all the zulie i got in those days will be gone because few people lost their gears? just give it back to them its not our problem.. 5 days of playing and you gonna make it for nothing ? you really like to keep this game dead or what.. 

#97 Hidde

Hidde

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

It will but you should be able to recreate it and level easily with the extra exp after the rollback. If you're on Draconis, pm me and I'll be glad to help you out with buffs. :)

Thank you kindly for the offer, but I'm on the Leonis server :o

#98 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

I Think the rollback is necessary but a Little bit tragic for me. After all the years I've played rose I finally managed to get 3 Epic weapons, 1 spear, 1 two-handed sword and a rift boomer (dura 91). I also got a Coyote wand, but I understand that all those who lost their items must get them back

Hi Draquora :wave:

As far as I know they're only going to do a rollback - they're not altering or adjusting the new drop table etc.

You know where the area was that those items dropped - it's just a case of get there fast after the rollback and spend a bit of time getting them back.

In the meantime, do a bit of exploring and check out the different areas and mobs and see what else drops around - you may find a better area or better drops etc :thumb2:

Have fun ingame :wave:

#99 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Tormented, as soon as i am able to log in i travel around to see what drops. I like this new system

#100 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

I am glad they're doing this. Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users