Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all! - Page 7 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#151 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location저희 집 ♕ Occupation: 학생
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

I didn't mean right now xD

:( :( :(

#152 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

Give me a few minutes, I'm building the patch with bug fixes and those changes.

As for the command line use, no, sorry Feuer. That opens up a can of worms I'm not willing to deal with right now. We'll get to it soon as we can, just try to manage for now. :)

#153 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

Pegasus Patch Notes v118

Class Balance

Soldier : 2-Hand

Graceful Swings

• Proc Effect will now provide 15% Attack Power, for 8 seconds.

Piercing Grace (Unique Skill)

• Effect updated to last for 8 seconds, instead of 3, to match Graceful Swings.

Bug Fixes

• Corrected a bug with the new Taunt effect not correctly applying against a target already attacking the caster of Taunt.
  • Corrected issue with Axe Fury reducing MP Cost instead of increasing it.
  • Corrected skill tree indication arrows for Champion Final Strike (Requires: Champion Strike & Axe Wrath)
  • Corrected skill tree indication arrows for Champion Soul Wreck (Requires: Voltage Crush & Seismic Impact)
  • Corrected skill tree indication arrows for Knight Impact Wave (Requires: Swords of Divinity & Soul Wreck)
  • Corrected skill tree indication arrows for Knight Guardian's Resolve (Requires: Phalanx Blocking & Protection)

#154 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

Random Suggestion

Can you colour code the damage types? Like for example, holy is super effective against poison so the damage displayed will be in a different colour, say red? Normal damages would be the current yellow where not effective would be green. Just a thought

It doesn't have to be these colours, i'm just giving an example since some of these colours are already used (except green but its kinda weird)

That or by character (numbering) thickness big = Super effective, small = not effective

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 26 October 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#155 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Hmmm, that would require some additional coding support to do that. It's not a bad idea though. :)

I'll note it, we'll talk about it and see what options we can come up with that could help visually identify elemental damage or at least help with identifying if it's strong or weak against your target. :)

#156 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

Random Suggestion

Can you colour code the damage types? Like for example, holy is super effective against poison so the damage displayed will be in a different colour, say red? Normal damages would be the current yellow where not effective would be green. Just a thought

It doesn't have to be these colours, i'm just giving an example since some of these colours are already used (except green but its kinda weird)

That or by character (numbering) thickness big = Super effective, small = not effective

Super effective, not [very] effective. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now where have I heard this...

:p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh:

Nah, don't worry, I'm just lightening up stuff.

Back on topic...

gracefulswings_by_fatwave-d9ej6d8.jpgpiercinggrace_by_fatwave-d9ej6d6.jpg

Just checking stuff, and it seems that Graceful Swings and Piercing Grace are still not adjusted yet to the new intended effect.

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 26 October 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#157 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

Super effective, not [very] effective. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now where have I heard this...

:p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh: :p_laugh:

Nah, don't worry, I'm just lightening up stuff.

Back on topic...

gracefulswings_by_fatwave-d9ej6d8.jpgpiercinggrace_by_fatwave-d9ej6d6.jpg

Just checking stuff, and it seems that Graceful Swings and Piercing Grace are still not adjusted yet to the new intended effect.

Skill descriptions are language strings that are manually put in, but the effects of the skills were changed. The reason why the language wasn't updated, is because we weren't sure if it was going to stay or not, as it was. Trust me, the effects stated in the patch notes are correct and you should be able to see that, when you hover over the skill once it proc's, as well as on the Character Menu. :)

I can have the descriptions updated with the next patch, if it helps reassure it was done.

#158 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

I dont see all that work being necessary until we get a yay or neigh on the effect I'd say.

#159 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

If it causes confusion, it's worth changing even if temporary, while we're on Pegasus. :)

I'm going to largely be working on the various Paragon Gem types today. So, we'll have some more gems to test out soon.

#160 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Skill descriptions are language strings that are manually put in, but the effects of the skills were changed. The reason why the language wasn't updated, is because we weren't sure if it was going to stay or not, as it was. Trust me, the effects stated in the patch notes are correct and you should be able to see that, when you hover over the skill once it proc's, as well as on the Character Menu. :)

I can have the descriptions updated with the next patch, if it helps reassure it was done.

Sorry, I should've added this information earlier. This is what happens:

This is my status when the supposedly adjusted for test skills are not yet activated:

g1_by_fatwave-d9eknxc.jpg

And this is my status once the supposedly adjusted for test skills are activated:

g2_by_fatwave-d9eknx1.jpg

Now I don't know if this concerns language strings still, but if not, I'm clearly not getting the supposed increase in attack power with the test adjustment, and only increases my attacks/second. The Piercing Grace is still working as intended, but not in the duration for the test.

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 27 October 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#161 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

You're right, it isn't working, and I just found out why. Long story short, it's my fault, it'll get fixed with the next patch, and the description will update too.

#162 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:03 AM

You're right, it isn't working, and I just found out why. Long story short, it's my fault, it'll get fixed with the next patch, and the description will update too.

Thanks once more Leonis! Although I myself won't have much to test it with anyway; the true dedicated testers will be the ones who will need the fix for the test. :p_laugh:

#163 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

Can you also temporarily make the runes of empowerment 0 honor? when you add the new gem types? testing their impact is impossible if we can't fiddle with them to some extent.

#164 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

Ok Thanks Leo now i will be officially testing in Pegasus to give output for Two Handed Swords and Duals. [Senpai noticed me lol]

For Graceful Swings:
In the live server the only chance this is working for me is when we battle bosses [PVM] but not in a PVP match, either 1v1 [ either full buff or not in TG] or AA match. So i really didnt bother sacrificing my MSPD passive for it.

Pegasus: Proc effect is decent, i like this one but havent tested yet.

Suggestion: Why not make its activation mechanic like the new skill in spear tree , to activate on a % chance on skill use or melee attack?

Dual Raider:
For Freezing Assault. I have a effect of 20% + 17.57 % of aspd down on Pegasus, while on live server it is 40%+ 49% w/ Stats on around 400 dex + 260 charm [this includes gears and clan passives]

On pegasus Freezing isnt enough to stop a katar's aspd unending procc [capped at 50%] in a 1v1 esp when buffed with aspd. Sorry but its just a katar raider whom i test with, as JC/TG is always empty whenever i get on. :(

#165 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

Dual Raider:
For Freezing Assault. I have a effect of 20% + 17.57 % of aspd down on Pegasus, while on live server it is 40%+ 49% w/ Stats on around 400 dex + 260 charm [this includes gears and clan passives]

On pegasus Freezing isnt enough to stop a katar's aspd unending procc [capped at 50%] in a 1v1 esp when buffed with aspd. Sorry but its just a katar raider whom i test with, as JC/TG is always empty whenever i get on. :(

Hmm your numbers seems a little wrong, i'm testing my dual atm and she only has 218 charm. Her freezing at 5 is 20%+19.59%, not too much influence to fast hitting classes but look at it this way, what about those classes that don't have high aspd like for example axe champs?

You might want to check that again.

Regarding Taunt

I find it funny that the taunt skill, has a shorter duration of taunt than sacrifice. Should it be the other way round? Kinda makes more sense since 1 target, more power, More targets (groups) less power, or in this case taunt duration not the other way round. Just my thought though

Also i would like to see a better animation, probably a new one, to show your opponent is taunted. The current one might be mistaken as stun.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 28 October 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#166 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

Can you also temporarily make the runes of empowerment 0 honor? when you add the new gem types? testing their impact is impossible if we can't fiddle with them to some extent.

Sure, I'll have that ready for next patch.

Ok Thanks Leo now i will be officially testing in Pegasus to give output for Two Handed Swords and Duals. [Senpai noticed me lol]

For Graceful Swings:
In the live server the only chance this is working for me is when we battle bosses [PVM] but not in a PVP match, either 1v1 [ either full buff or not in TG] or AA match. So i really didnt bother sacrificing my MSPD passive for it.

Suggestion: Why not make its activation mechanic like the new skill in spear tree , to activate on a % chance on skill use or melee attack?

Because it would change how the class is played. Most of the Spear tree skills are left target AoE skills, making casting them relatively easy and frequent to use. Swords are not quite the same, nor do I want to see it played that way.
Consider the difference to be more like this, Swords & Axes are active play styles, where the power comes out mid-combat, while the Spear can be a bit more pre-combat considerate, to prepare to dive in to battle.

Dual Raider:

Freezing Assault wasn't meant to stop you completely, otherwise I would have put the debuff's values extra high so it wasn't just a reduction.

Regarding Taunt

I find it funny that the taunt skill, has a shorter duration of taunt than sacrifice. Should it be the other way round? Kinda makes more sense since 1 target, more power, More targets (groups) less power, or in this case taunt duration not the other way round. Just my thought though

Also i would like to see a better animation, probably a new one, to show your opponent is taunted. The current one might be mistaken as stun.

I'll adjust, because you're right. It's more consistent that the single target spells are more powerful, in this case, duration is its strength, than an AoE version. We didn't make any changes to the skill itself though, just the mechanic. That's probably why it didn't seem right. I'll adjust for next patch. :) Thank you for pointing that out.

As for the status effect, yes we will be making a unique effect. I thought I noted that somewhere, but maybe I didn't. We just used an existing effect for now, to make sure the mechanic changes were working. :)

Sure, I'll have that ready for next patch.

For Graceful Swings:

Because it would change how the class is played. Most of the Spear tree skills are left target AoE skills, making casting them relatively easy and frequent to use. Swords are not quite the same, nor do I want to see it played that way.
Consider the difference to be more like this, Swords & Axes are active play styles, where the power comes out mid-combat, while the Spear can be a bit more pre-combat considerate, to prepare to dive in to battle.

Dual Raider:

Freezing Assault wasn't meant to stop you completely, otherwise I would have put the debuff's values extra high so it wasn't just a reduction.

Regarding Taunt

I'll adjust, because you're right. It's more consistent that the single target spells are more powerful, in this case, duration is its strength, than an AoE version. We didn't make any changes to the skill itself though, just the mechanic. That's probably why it didn't seem right. I'll adjust for next patch. :) Thank you for pointing that out.

As for the status effect, yes we will be making a unique effect. I thought I noted that somewhere, but maybe I didn't. We just used an existing effect for now, to make sure the mechanic changes were working. :)

#167 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Soldier : 1-Hand

Graceful Swings

• Proc Effect will now provide 15% Attack Power, for 8 seconds.

Piercing Grace (Unique Skill) ?? Unique skill ?

• Effect updated to last for 8 seconds, instead of 3, to match Graceful Swings

Wait wait, Soldier 1 hand or 2 hand ? [pretty sure 1 hand skill is Graceful Fencing or maybe type error ?]

Hmm your numbers seems a little wrong, i'm testing my dual atm and she only has 218 charm. Her freezing at 5 is 20%+19.59%, not too much influence to fast hitting classes but look at it this way, what about those classes that don't have high aspd like for example axe champs?

yea i might have wore a different set when i had took an SS on my skill's effect. Imma try to check that again. And the way i see it, Freezing assault doesnt have a big impact on those classes who dont have High aspd since they DONT rely on melee attacks, rather on their high damage skills and if im not mistaken aspd doesnt concern the delay of casting skills. The nerf would only benefit those classes like melee type katar raider [or maybe gunbourg?] At the first place i dont understand and see the need to be nerf.

Spoiler

Edited by MonnaLise, 28 October 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#168 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

yea i might have wore a different set when i had took an SS on my skill's effect. Imma try to check that again. And the way i see it, Freezing assault doesnt have a big impact on those classes who dont have High aspd since they DONT rely on melee attacks, rather on their high damage skills and if im not mistaken aspd doesnt concern the delay of casting skills. The nerf would only benefit those classes like melee type katar raider [or maybe gunbourg?] At the first place i dont understand and see the need to be nerf.

Spoiler

hmm... Then again considering the duration of the debuff + the CD, i also find it a little underpowered. It was nerfed of the duration and CD cuz of it being too much of an influence which can cause people to completely stop. Now the debuff power is lowered as well... Soo should like, the CD decrease with it? If not, i think it would be something wrong somewhere

#169 GoukenGassen

GoukenGassen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

Does CHA work in a logarithmic manner for the buffs nowadays? Like, it gets less effective at higher numbers making too much investment a waste?

#170 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

Does CHA work in a logarithmic manner for the buffs nowadays? Like, it gets less effective at higher numbers making too much investment a waste?

Nope. it's just a cumulative ratio. for every 'x'CHA:1'status'.

Edited by Feuer, 28 October 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#171 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

MonnaLise, it was a typo, should have been 2-hand.

Regarding Freezing Assault, it seems like you're all focusing so heavily on the status effect, you're overlooking the fact that it does damage too. Damage skills were increased in cooldown. But I'll increase the duration to 10 seconds, so the effect can have a chance to be felt, and since we do have a cap on how low your attack speed could be reduced to, I'm going to double the influential stat, so it will now be a base of 10%. I hope this helps with the feeling of the skill.

#172 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hey leonis, I had a question actually about dual raiders in particular from a change a while back. 

A fair bit of time ago, the skill 'heavy strike' had an accuracy down effect on it. Im not sure what the final decision was on why it was taken off in particular, but I remember some of the arguments were the duration of Evasive guard and Mental storm? If I remember right, the final nail was mental storm being able to be kept up 100% of the time in an AoE. Since that has been corrected, would it be outside the realm of expectation to ask for the single target version to be applied back to one of the single target damage spells? 

I'd actually thought about either that same skill 'Heavy Strike' [the first skill in the dual wield melee tree] or with quick-style assault [as this AoE path offers no direct status downs on it's AoE's so I figured some single target control would be a nice supplement to the now reduced duration of Mental Storm]. Is that something you'd be willing to test again given the changes that have occurred. It shouldn't be too overwhelming in the GA PvP Games as it wouldn't be an AoE like mental storm was. 

#173 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

ok just a quick note from my point of view as always playing cleric...

for knights / clerics, i have tested these out, and im not sure with boosts of offensive classes or not that may scale it out?

however the base amount of block for offhands seems too high for me, especially for knight being tanky anyway... cleric not so much but still a bit high... not saying its too high! 

However as i have said time and time before... knights can changed their physical block amount through a stat on a passive.. this is not possible for cleric. therefore most clerics have around the same block amount as each other... give or take a few hundred... which is boring and to be honest doesnt give any diversion in that sense in terms of build potential for a cleric.... whatever build / gear they use they seem to have the same sort of block amount, no way of being varied if you wish to do so through a passive..

I HOPE this is going to be looked into, as i dont feel just changing the base amount is the correct idea. 

seems only fair if the knight can change it - so should cleric. working the same way as block % with the passive influenced by dex

#174 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Yeah but a Knight can't increase their block rate* via a passive, something my knight would cut his left foot off to do. 

Edited by Feuer, 29 October 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#175 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

Pegasus Patch notes v119

Client Updates and Enhancements

• Additional efforts have been made to improve HP/MP synchronization to the client and should remain consistently more accurate.
    Pegasus Testers: Please test out HP/MP situations as much as possible for any possible bugs!
  • Updated Game Arena group, party and character information windows and HUD elements to use smoother HP/MP gauge animations.
  • Added smooth animation to Game Arena energy bar.

Weapon Balancing

• Launchers have been updated with a new attack power scale, to compensate for slow attack speed, keeping an acceptable DPS rating between all weapons.
    Note: We may revisit many weapons "DPS" rating now that we have an improved method of seeing actual attacks per second.

Other updates

• Taunt has been given a unique status effect, to show when under the effect of taunt.

Bug Fixes

• Correctly updated previously stated skill changes to Graceful Swings & Piercing Grace.
  • Corrected issue preventing clan member roster from displaying more than 200 members.
  • Corrected display issues with HP/MP effectiveness bonuses not being factored into consumables.
  • Monster HP bars are now displayed correctly for monsters that have status effects applied that affect their Max HP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users