Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all! - Page 8 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#176 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

Pegasus is starting to sound fun. I may have to pop over and do some testing.

Leo, are you still using my custom login screen for the Pegasus login? :D

#177 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

Only one way for you to find out Banrukai. :P

Come join us on Pegasus for testing!

#178 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

Haha, will do. Just at work right now.

#179 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

[Freezing Assault] I might be focusing on the effect of this skill, as I can see it this is to compensate for the lowered value of Evasive guard as I see this as a defensive mechanic against melee classes [with mediocre defense + dodge anyone could do a decent damage on duals, unless I’d go on a full DEX build but that’s obviously not good]. Well this is my PoV and experience with regards to PVP.

And as for the increase of duration to compensate with the lowered base value, sounds better unless I got to test it, but I don’t see it added on the patch notes. So ive waited for the Graceful swings, and another week for this but its okay ill just do other things haha

What time do you guys usually test? Id like to have a mini brawl in TG. :P

#180 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

So now that the empowerment runes are free, i tested how much honor it would take [at a rate of 1 rune per 1 honor]. I'm REALLY hoping there's plans for catalyst to these, cause it took 120,000honor to get a +100 gem, just one lol.. 

#181 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

No plans Feuer, it really is intended to be a long term goal to work towards and I didn't want to include any direct Item Mall influences with it, to keep it more about the competition of PvP, and effort of a player otherwise.

#182 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:03 PM

It doesn't have to be an IM Catalyst, and sorry to say, if that's the cost of 1 of these for an increase of maybe 1-2% more defense on a gem, I'm not biting lol. That cost is WAY too high for the less than explosive increase you'd think would come with that investment. 

And what's with the compensation for PvP? o.O I only used the honor calculation cause we don't have any idea how much you are going to charge in Valor for runes. 

Edited by Feuer, 30 October 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#183 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Empowering those gems after 50 burns though runes so fast

#184 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

another question about the new gem. if i refine this gem with some rest honor/valor points..lets say to 15. Then i put it in any accesory...how to refine it higher after that? do  i realy need to use a drill to get it out to refine it higher?

that will come very expensiv...doesnt make sense this way.

#185 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

another question about the new gem. if i refine this gem with some rest honor/valor points..lets say to 15. Then i put it in any accesory...how to refine it higher after that? do  i realy need to use a drill to get it out to refine it higher?

that will come very expensiv...doesnt make sense this way.

You can empower the gem while it is in an item. Just drag the item in to the empowering menu, just like it was a lone gem and it will recognize the gem inside the item, and treat it the same.

#186 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Pegasus Patch Notes v120

Skill Balances

• Increased several launcher damage skill casting speeds by 25% to 50%.

Soldier
Taunt

• Increased duration to 10 seconds.
  • Cooldown adjusted to 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds

Knight

Magic Shot

• Taunt duration set to 3 seconds.
    (under old mechanics, duration had no effect)

Scout - Unique Skill
(PvM) Taunt Shot

• Taunt duration set to 10 seconds.
    (under old mechanics, duration had no effect)

Raider
Freezing Assault

• Increased duration to 10 seconds, and increased influential ratio to 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%

#187 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

[Freezing Assault] Feels a little bit better now, just a little bit [ in a scale of 1-10 its 3 for me ] haha. i just tested them on moldies thou.

[Graceful Swings] Pretty decent now, might have to invest into this skill

[Piercing Grace] Not really much, maybe im skipping this one.

Sidenote: ive tried imbuing some elemental stats, after that i was seeing 'Immune' on the enemy. Hmm not sure if it was intended if you have the Anti-element for his armor?

And by the way, are there no increase in skill powers in the updates since Pegasus opened? Only effects and cooldowns? I checked previous patch notes but just to be sure i didnt missed anything.

Meanwhile on Pegasus:

Spoiler

#188 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:42 AM

Not sure if it's all bosses, or just the Shamman that I noticed this but, you definitely need to turn down the critical defense on that boss [Dark Shamman in SC]. I went an entire 13 minute fight without hitting a single critical hit, on my Axe champion. Given that every single proc or proc'd effect is derived from or for critical damages, this is crippling that class. And It's going to drastically hurt other classes that rely on criticals in PvM to maintain damage [Cannon Bourgeois + Artisan, Axe Champions, Bow Scouts and Katar Raiders]. 

You gotta lower that. 

Edited by Feuer, 31 October 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#189 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:41 PM

What happened to the artisans??everything gonna get changed and artisans are still stuck?

#190 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

To what capacity? My artisan is becoming increasingly deadly and useful over these changes, and I'm still finding new ways to use it even better. What concerns do you have, and have you tested them on Pegasus to some extent yet? 

Also keep in mind that 2 weeks ago I sent these new unique skills to Leonis and he approved on them. We're simply waiting for them to be added in.

Spoiler

Edited by Feuer, 01 November 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#191 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:59 AM

anyone tested Battle Cleric on Pegasus?

#192 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:19 AM

Latest review from V120

Bugs: 

The new HP + MP updating smoothness is great, but for some reason the Group Bars don't always sync up or update with the actual values. An example would be my friends Knight saw me and her Cleric at full HP, but in reality I was closer to 70% and her Cleric about 85%. 

Other Feedback:

Taunt: I love it. It is purely amazing for PvM now. That being said I can immediately see this being rampantly abused in PvP scenarios. So even though I've lately stepped back from PvP big time, I think the smartest thing to do is to add a 'Taunt Resistance' stack in the same manner as 'Sleep' has. This will prevent 2 Knights form permanently locking a Cleric into not being able to directly target an ally for a heal, and prevent the AoE taunts from destroying strategy.

While you're at it, can you PLEASE add this to mute + stuns as well. It's not such a huge problem in PvP cause player generated stuns and mutes are typically not that long, however in PvM You can face 7 second stuns, and 18 second mutes, sometimes even back to back [to back to back...]. This is a cheap way to add 'difficulty' to the Dungeon Modes and there are much better ways to go about doing it. And I think now is the perfect time to be pro-active on it, as well as prevent further issues with taunt in the very near future.

Final Requests.

Launchers lack a selection of munition types. Guns do as well but not to the same degree as Launchers. I'd like to see very soon something similar to the listed ammo below.

Shells:

Demon Shells [crafted from gunpowder packets and demon metal] affinity: Ghost

Bubble Shells [crafted from gunpowder packets and water stones] affinity: Water

Static Shells [crafted from gunpowder packets and air stone] affinity: Wind

Marble Shells [crafted from gunpowder packets and marble] affinity: Earth

Bullets:

Stone Bullets [ crafted from gunpowder packets and gravel stone] affinity: Earth

Demon Bullets [crafted from gunpowder packets and demon metal] affinity: Ghost

Lightning Bullets [ crafted from gunpowder packets and elemental stone of wind] affinity : Wind

If those changes happen, I can't honestly say there's anything else left I'd like to see looked at or adjusted. Aside from the previous post about boss critical rates. So, looking forward to seeing these and the last few changes take place. 

Edited by Feuer, 01 November 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#193 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

[Freezing Assault] Feels a little bit better now, just a little bit [ in a scale of 1-10 its 3 for me ] haha. i just tested them on moldies thou.

[Graceful Swings] Pretty decent now, might have to invest into this skill
[Piercing Grace] Not really much, maybe im skipping this one.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Sidenote: ive tried imbuing some elemental stats, after that i was seeing 'Immune' on the enemy. Hmm not sure if it was intended if you have the Anti-element for his armor?

Please let us know what element you were using, and what monster you were attacking when it produced the "immune" result.

And by the way, are there no increase in skill powers in the updates since Pegasus opened? Only effects and cooldowns? I checked previous patch notes but just to be sure i didnt missed anything.

If there was it should have been noted in a patch note, otherwise it may not have been intentional, but if it was, the note may have been missed.

Not sure if it's all bosses, or just the Shamman that I noticed this but, you definitely need to turn down the critical defense on that boss [Dark Shamman in SC]. I went an entire 13 minute fight without hitting a single critical hit, on my Axe champion. Given that every single proc or proc'd effect is derived from or for critical damages, this is crippling that class. And It's going to drastically hurt other classes that rely on criticals in PvM to maintain damage [Cannon Bourgeois + Artisan, Axe Champions, Bow Scouts and Katar Raiders].

You gotta lower that.

Some bosses may have high enough critical defense, you may never crit them, without significant effort to doing so.

What happened to the artisans??everything gonna get changed and artisans are still stuck?

Artisans have their own update planned in the future. Because these changes affect the majority of the community, they're held as a higher priority, but additionally these updates also lay a foundation pathway for what we have planned for the Artisan.

Feuer,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be working on those skills soon, as well as the ammunition availability. We've already set the elements to ammunition, making them accessible is the next step. The new ammunition types for new element access is also under consideration.

Here's the current list of ammunition with elemental properties.
Arrows:

• Fire Arrow (Fire)
  • White Night Arrow (Poison)
  • Demon Arrow (Ghost)
  • Nymph Arrow (Earth)
  • Elven Arrow (Holy)
  • Lightning Arrow (Wind)
  • Storm Arrow (Water)

Bullets

• Fire Bullet (Fire)
  • Cold Bullet (Water)
  • Poison Bullet (Poison)

Launcher Shells

• Fire Shell (Fire)
  • Poison Shell (Poison)
  • Blaze Shell (Fire)

Regarding the feedback on Taunt, that actually is directly the simple intention of its effect.

I understand the feeling and viewpoint behind how it can be used, but at this point in time I'm leaving it as is.

So you are aware, the "Harmful Effect Resistance" does recognize 'Taunt' as a debuff effect, so it is possible to have resistances for it, but for now we do not intend to make a new resistance specifically designed for taunt.

Few classes have access to taunt as an effect, making it powerful for their use and lending strength to their use in both PvM and PvP. The strategy behind it will be even greater to protect your support. Taunt can also be used against a Knight to keep their focus away from your Support, so it goes both ways. You can use 2 Knights to lock down another Knight that would prevent them from supporting your team. This is not abuse, this is still strategy.

As for adding resistances for mute and stun specicially, I don't see the need to do that either. Some PvM situations are intended to be difficult. Part of how we're able to do that is to allow monsters to go outside the normal class combat expectancy to PvP, and make that experience unique, and threatening. So the feedback hearing how stuns and mutes are making PvM gameplay difficult, in my mind I say to myself, "Good. It's making things a challenge to overcome." it isn't a 'cheap way' it is just 'a way' and one that was chosen, and we use. Not all monsters are going to be subjective to taunt's effects either. They will, as mentioned, break the expectancy of how things work in PvP, to make their encounter more challenging.

#194 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

But, they chain them back to back without any in between time. You can't interrupt the cycles, and thus, they just keep doing it until you're dead. That chaining effect is what makes it cheap. The duration isn't a problem, until it becomes cycled. which is why I feel that the resistance stacking up to a maxed but non-refreshing effect would be better. You still have the chance to be affected by it, several times even; but if the AI decides to just be a troll and spam stuns 3-5 times in a row, the resistance will break that up, allowing a counter until its effect wears off, leaving you vulnerable to it affecting you again. 

As for the rest of the updates, cool I'll be looking forward to them. 

Edited by Feuer, 02 November 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#195 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

Pegasus Patch Notes v120

Skill Balances

• Increased several launcher damage skill casting speeds by 25% to 50%.

Thank you Leonis, been testing for a while and very satisfied. Will continue testing what's new

#196 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

Here's the current list of ammunition with elemental properties.
Arrows:

• Fire Arrow (Fire)
  • White Night Arrow (Poison)
  • Demon Arrow (Ghost)
  • Nymph Arrow (Earth)
  • Elven Arrow (Holy)
  • Lightning Arrow (Wind)
  • Storm Arrow (Water)
Bullets
  • Fire Bullet (Fire)
  • Cold Bullet (Water)
  • Poison Bullet (Poison)
Launcher Shells
  • Fire Shell (Fire)
  • Poison Shell (Poison)
  • Blaze Shell (Fire)

Only thing I think should change is two arrows.

Arrows:
  • White Night Arrow (Ghost)
  • Demon Arrow (Poison)

This seems more fitting to me haha. Very minor thing.

#197 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:41 AM

Demon makes sense as ghost, white night should be holy and elven should be poison though. 

@Leonis: What do you plan to do about the difference between Fire Shells and Blaze Shells. Both are currently 20 quality, and both are fire elements. Will the Blaze Shells be increased in quality or just be left to be an expensive alternative with no other benefit over Fire Shells? 

Edited by Feuer, 03 November 2015 - 02:26 AM.

#198 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

Demon makes sense as ghost, white night should be holy and elven should be poison though. 

@Leonis: What do you plan to do about the difference between Fire Shells and Blaze Shells. Both are currently 20 quality, and both are fire elements. Will the Blaze Shells be increased in quality or just be left to be an expensive alternative with no other benefit over Fire Shells? 

It's White Night, not White Knight, so I think Ghost makes senses. White at night is most likely a ghost :) Whereas Demon reminds me more of other MMO's in which green is demonic, hence why I said poison was fitting.

Elven makes sense as holy because I associate elven with being intelligent, or higher power.

#199 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

white night
noun
  1. 1.
    a sleepless night.
  2. 2.
    a night when it is never properly dark, as in high latitudes in summer.

definition of the term 'white night' is a night that experiences 'light' in it, the form of anti-dark. 

Demon as Ghost makes sense because Demons are dark spirits with ill intent. Ghost, Specter's, Demons and Poltergeists all share that realm. Dark Spirits. 

Elves are undoubtedly smart, but there are many types of elves, the original and most notorious however are wood elves/forest elves. Something that the 'natural' world has keenly cultivated are toxins and poisons. A race who's lore places them directly into the forest would obviously see that as their preferred method of killing an enemy. 

#200 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

Haven't reached that point yet, so I can't answer. You're welcome to make suggestions. It's the ultimate goal to make sure each ammunition has access to all elemental types eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users