Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid - Page 5 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#101 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

It makes NO sense to crash markets for the sake of WoE, NONE. No matter how you spin it, you're "solving" one problem by causing others - ruining markets in a game that Not to mention, what's to stop random people from from getting free slims? Or speeds?

Fixing castle drops to be appropriate for the time makes a lot more sense.

So does limiting alliances... then we can all fight new people.

#102 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

If the items were usable in a WoE realm only, what's the problem?  You can keep making your zeny by selling things for PVM (slims, blues, etc), and there will still be a market for people that wanna use WoE whites or whatever.  Fixing castle drops gives absolutely nothing.  No new guilds are gonna say "Oh neato!  I can get some WPS Boxes and a chance at making a god item within the next 16 years."

Limiting alliances is comical.  Guilds will still work together.  Have one of them precast one part of a room and the others precast a different section.  Lowering the guild size?  Ok, so now my guild has 2 recallers and we still work closely together.

Good ideas.  But yea, you're right.  Let's keep making zeny so we can buy hats and stuff.  Cute hats are what make RO unique, not WoE.  Every game out there has WoE, but only RO has hats.  My bad.

Edited by Lambor, 12 November 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Give me items

I'll bring new faces

#104 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Im serious bout your gods tho. >.> lol

#105 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

It makes NO sense to crash markets for the sake of WoE, NONE. No matter how you spin it, you're "solving" one problem by causing others - ruining markets in a game that Not to mention, what's to stop random people from from getting free slims? Or speeds?

Fixing castle drops to be appropriate for the time makes a lot more sense.

So does limiting alliances... then we can all fight new people.

man all your reading is free whites and blues and thinking worst. Would only be usable in woe maps like how woe blues and whites work. what he is proposing is to fix the underlining problem of supplies for woe for small guilds. with no other items but whites and blues wont hurt anything. I mean when last time said oh man that guy won cause he has 30k slims and blues in woe.

#106 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

Guy won cause he has 30k slims and blues in woe.

#107 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:17 PM

man all your reading is free whites and blues and thinking worst. Would only be usable in woe maps like how woe blues and whites work. what he is proposing is to fix the underlining problem of supplies for woe for small guilds. with no other items but whites and blues wont hurt anything. I mean when last time said oh man that guy won cause he has 30k slims and blues in woe.

Yes, I am thinking the worst because I don't think it makes sense. Why not just UPDATE LOOTS so guilds can actually make some profit off of it?

Limiting alliances is "comical", but handing out pots/slims/etc for free is fine. Okay.

#108 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

^ because there is a chance that small guild wont be able to get any castle. But if you give free pots that can only be use in woe realm, everyone can be benefit from it.

#109 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

That makes sense, but what about other items commonly used in WoE?

#110 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

That makes sense, but what about other items commonly used in WoE?

it should only include white and blue items. anything else can mess things up but just items need to cast skills and live longer would have little effect on woe.

#111 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

well, they are only talking about white and blue. So dunno about other thing. As for speed, do people really use it outside of woe? if not, i dont think giving free speed is a good idea, since it can kill the market. And food is kinda min - max'er thing. I doubt new player will understand why they really need it :s

#112 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

I don't think that the entire market revolves around Speeds.  Speeds are crucial to the success of any guild.  If there's a guild that's WoEing without them, they'll be left to regroup incredibly slow.

Some sort of specialized WoE Slims and WoE Blues (not the WoE White and WoE Blue Boxes) at the very least.  I think that Speeds should be included as well.  Will it hurt the people that farm the WoE ticket exchange and sells speeds and all?  Yes, of course.  But again, I don't think that we really need to be concerned about every single way that people make zeny these days.  That exchange is heavily botted anyways, so I'd be happy to see it go.

#113 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

if we really going to give free speed, can we remove it from ticket exchange? And make it so that speed is an item purely for woe?

edit: not sure how it will affect pvp or pvm. But you are really a tryhard if you use speed in pvp ._.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 12 November 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#114 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

it should only include white and blue items. anything else can mess things up but just items need to cast skills and live longer would have little effect on woe.

I'd be okay with that then.

well, they are only talking about white and blue. So dunno about other thing. As for speed, do people really use it outside of woe? if not, i dont think giving free speed is a good idea, since it can kill the market. And food is kinda min - max'er thing. I doubt new player will understand why they really need it :s

Speed pots were brought up at some point, so that's why I brought it up.

#115 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

"WoE dealer" NPC:

Supply yourself easily by PVM, while preventing true newbies to lag the woe map

woe only slims - 150z : 90% effectiveness as ranked slims, same weight 

woe only blues - 200z : 80% effectiveness as light blues  

"Woe lady" NPC(free items):

Limited 5 hour energy drinks, acceptable but not perfect

Claim your 100 special woe only speed pots before each woe, 1/3 weight of the normal speed pots, character bound.

Claim your 10 woe only exotic candies, +20 to all stats for 5 mins (override +20 foods), while in effect, decrease to 85% max hp, character bound.

&Change castle drops..

More suggestions later zzz

Edited by sheepmia, 13 November 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#116 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

I'd say these free whites and blues should be capped at maybe, 80% of the restoration effect of common whites and blues. 
1. They are free (arent they? from what you are saying)
2. It leaves the choice to the player, that if he wants a better item than he has to buy the regular one, this way there's still incentive to use regular supplies over than just free ones.
3. Put cooldown and amount limit of these on each trade. Everything that's too much is generally not good. Lets say 300 whites and 50 blues each time with a 30min cd. If the player burns all of these, then he has to supply himself with regular stuff during the cd.

#117 Crimiss

Crimiss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:17 AM

It's a little strange to disable Gods and MvP's. Not because of the efficiency, i think it would bring good results. But... it's kind of an artificial organ, it removes the impact of a really high luck (mvp card) and the reward for a great team effort (god)

About having Slims/Blues freely distributed, i agree. But i also think that this won't cause iRO to have more people. Once more people come, this may keep them though.

I think a better structure system could be suggested, where you blend PvM experience translating to WoE development, WoE gears, Levels and general stuffs (Here enter slims + blues) are a good way to try that.

Edited by Crimiss, 13 November 2015 - 03:20 AM.

#118 elfiepie

elfiepie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

Claim your 100 special woe only speed pots before each woe

100 speed potions means 2 rooms for lambor.  :heh:

#119 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:32 AM

:rice:

Me all WoE:   :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:49 AM

Hey dan quit ignoring me, I have an army of about 30 people ready to hop servers if it's not too much work

#121 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

Move it forward two hours an I'll WOE. I'm worth it.

#122 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

I'd say these free whites and blues should be capped at maybe, 80% of the restoration effect of common whites and blues.
1. They are free (arent they? from what you are saying)
2. It leaves the choice to the player, that if he wants a better item than he has to buy the regular one, this way there's still incentive to use regular supplies over than just free ones.
3. Put cooldown and amount limit of these on each trade. Everything that's too much is generally not good. Lets say 300 whites and 50 blues each time with a 30min cd. If the player burns all of these, then he has to supply himself with regular stuff during the cd.

i also like to see these items only can be claimed on woe time and will disappear from inventory after woe ends (or after 2 hours). to prevent the possible hoarding of this items for some people for some certain situation.

#123 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:09 AM

Yes, and usable only on woe realms and castles. So ppl wont get free pvp stuff.
And yeah, 2hrs duration on the items.

#124 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

+1 for "free" WoE supplies. That would be one step closer to making WoE more accessible to players.

#125 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:31 AM

"WoE dealer" NPC:
Supply yourself easily by PVM, while preventing true newbies to lag the woe map
woe only slims - 150z : 90% effectiveness as ranked slims, same weight
woe only blues - 200z : 80% effectiveness as light blues

"Woe lady" NPC(free items):
Limited 5 hour energy drinks, acceptable but not perfect
Claim your 100 special woe only speed pots before each woe, 1/3 weight of the normal speed pots, character bound.
Claim your 10 woe only exotic candies, +20 to all stats for 5 mins (override +20 foods), while in effect, decrease to 85% max hp, character bound.

&Change castle drops..
More suggestions later zzz

Get out if here with that stupid noise -_-

I'll agree to woe whites and blues nothing else -_-

In all reason I think of of the woe days should be none mvp non gods and see the difference weekly. -_-

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 13 November 2015 - 07:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users