January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#76 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

We are also making sure all server clocks are sync'd today to attempt to prevent that WoE start time issue.

#77 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

The next time the characters want to participate in the arena they will need to choose to other lose the kill counts and have the seal stones returned, OR receive the quest timer and attempt a creation.

Yeah so you're still screwing me when I wanted to return the favour just once! Why wasn't this done a year+ ago?

Also get rid of seal power 2, that is the important part. It might shock you to know there's only one alliance on this server and it gangs up against small guilds. It's favouring the same group over and over and there's no reason why a small guild should have to do 100 characters for their god item (and carry an ^_^ on their back) and then the big bully guilds do 50 chars per god item. The bigger they are the more the requirement should be. 

Making asinine adjustments just because someone did it back to them finally is ridiculous.

We are also making sure all server clocks are sync'd today to attempt to prevent that WoE start time issue.

CO-INCIDENTALLY it was fine this week.

#78 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

I rate it a 5/7. Not quite enough to cause that course of action.

YAY A perfect score! Glad to see someone appreciates how dark and mysterious she is. :heh:

On a more serious note, I'm sad about the prize medals. But good work on the proposed updates/change so far, I just hope we can implement that content soon so I can have my elemental armors. Been bumping my market thread for almost 2 months didn't get a single offer.

#79 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Yeah so you're still screwing me when I wanted to return the favour just once! Why wasn't this done a year+ ago?

Also get rid of seal power 2, that is the important part. It might shock you to know there's only one alliance on this server and it gangs up against small guilds. It's favouring the same group over and over and there's no reason why a small guild should have to do 100 characters for their god item (and carry an asshole on their back) and then the big bully guilds do 50 chars per god item. The bigger they are the more the requirement should be. 

Making asinine adjustments just because someone did it back to them finally is ridiculous.

We had no awareness of your in game activities until you started posting today. As far as I know there is no reports/tickets about it. We are trying to catch up this year on the planned classic updates and changes that were not completed last year and it was time to hit this line item.

Were trying to do a better job with the server this year and will be fighting against any major events like the pRO migration that so messed up the entire schedule last year.

#80 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

should just put in mvps that drop them. dunno if classic has kraken but s. water armor is in his drop table.

could add wind/earth to challenge dungeon mvps.

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

Also get rid of seal power 2, that is the important part. It might shock you to know there's only one alliance on this server and it gangs up against small guilds. It's favouring the same group over and over and there's no reason why a small guild should have to do 100 characters for their god item (and carry an asshole on their back) and then the big bully guilds do 50 chars per god item. The bigger they are the more the requirement should be. 

CO-INCIDENTALLY it was fine this week.

Last Saturday morning there was a emergency fix on the central clock server that all other servers are based on. I was up till 3 trying to verify everything was working right.

#82 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

@Campitor hey boss, did we give up on challenge dungeon hp reductions? im not buggin ya to implement it. i'd just really like to know if i should spend my farming time in another location till it is put in. or if its staying the way it is, ill just spend more time there now.

#83 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Last Saturday morning there was a emergency fix on the central clock server that all other servers are based on. I was up till 3 trying to verify everything was working right.

this was related to the screwy thor server time no?

#84 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

YAY A perfect score! Glad to see someone appreciates how dark and mysterious she is. :heh:

On a more serious note, I'm sad about the prize medals. But good work on the proposed updates/change so far, I just hope we can implement that content soon so I can have my elemental armors. Been bumping my market thread for almost 2 months didn't get a single offer.

I agree that prize medals/slotted ele armors need to be available in a better way (not like I'm not interested either) though not TOO available as they should still be pretty rare/valuable, but the solution can't always be "throw it in the box for more additional widespread pay to win action!"

Adding valuable items/content to the game in ways that have people actually playing the game (preferably socially with each other) rather than throwing half their paycheck at lucky boxes to get ahead is what we need. Ragnarok seriously needs more work done to move away from "buy everything I need from legit or illegit sources with real money so I can reach the top without climbing and just log in for woe with my OP character I didn't earn through any actual gameplay", not continue to head in that direction.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#85 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:39 AM

@Campitor hey boss, did we give up on challenge dungeon hp reductions? im not buggin ya to implement it. i'd just really like to know if i should spend my farming time in another location till it is put in. or if its staying the way it is, ill just spend more time there now.

That was completed on 12/16 Looking at it they were reduced by about 10%

this was related to the screwy thor server time no?

Yes where one zone decided that it so liked the PH players that it would be based on their time zone.

#86 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Campitor Edit: It was MY mistake that the quest number did not get changed in the first place this year.

To break down what happened with Santa Seal Quest Reset

1. There is no way to tell the difference between when two characters on classic receive a questevent on their quest log.

2. Due to 1 we were forced to reset all Santa quests

3. Due to community concerns regarding seal status and our own concerns at how high it had gotten we chose to remove seal status resets from the Santa NPC going forward.

#87 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

@campitor ok boss, ill test this week and give you feedback next patch notes. (i think i had tested and thought they weren't.... but ill test again. should be easy cuz i rewrote my rcx data to match the hp values in the c.d. thread.) 

#88 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Being angry and shouty only works on some things, can confirm it doesn't work when complaining about known and repeated cheaters, including some guild leaders :)

Seems to work for getting cheaters unbanned though.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#89 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

To be honest it was Theme's very calm post that convinced us to change course. He had a good point.

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

We had no awareness of your in game activities until you started posting today. As far as I know there is no reports/tickets about it. We are trying to catch up this year on the planned classic updates and changes that were not completed last year and it was time to hit this line item.

Were trying to do a better job with the server this year and will be fighting against any major events like the pRO migration that so messed up the entire schedule last year.

2 years worth of threads and stuff are calling BS on that statement. I already did the work, you ripped it out from underneath me. Compensate. We have been posting about this / informing you about this behaviour for YEARS. I don't have to go and link to every thread and every post (some of which were made by yourself), do I? I'm sure you could have checked to see if this affected any players currently in progress. But that doesn't change how it played out. I'm not taking it.

Campitor Edit: It was MY mistake that the quest number did not get changed in the first place this year.

To break down what happened with Santa Seal Quest Reset

1. There is no way to tell the difference between when two characters on classic receive a questevent on their quest log.

2. Due to 1 we were forced to reset all Santa quests

3. Due to community concerns regarding seal status and our own concerns at how high it had gotten we chose to remove seal status resets from the Santa NPC going forward.

Yes it affects everyone, I said that. I'm not entirely unmindful of that fact, that's part of why I posted about it. It did however probably hit my guild hardest. I didn't expect them to not be able to fix it properly.... But stop blaming me for caring more about the server's health than my own guild. How about this SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE. Campitor or Oda should be telling you to stop blaming me for their own -_- ups, but they never do. They can't own up to it.

#91 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for letting us know. I'm not even that mad about the slotted armors anymore. Keep it up.

#92 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Oh and by the way prize medals are stupid

[19:04:16] Xellie: prize medals is a stupid idea on classic
[19:04:35] Xellie: people already don't party with eachother, why would you further harm the needed interaction with community members via levelling and mvping
[19:05:37] Xellie: prize medals directly harm levelling party composition (to give you an idea classic only ever has one levelling party on the whole server)
they directly harm mvp profits (combat knives, icepicks)
they reduce people doing other quests like seals/lv 4 creation and hurt the profit from the ores for level 4 weapons

This is a pretty calm post, and is what you might call an "explanation"

Slippery slope. I suggest looking for alternative ways to get these from within the game if people would like to see an increased availability of Elemental Armors/the weapons.

This explains nothing. Literally nothing. It's a statement of preference, a personal opinion, it has no facts, no explanation and no basis.

To be honest it was Theme's very calm post that convinced us to change course. He had a good point.

I must have failed English. Not to mention we have all discussed the elemental armors availability in game before too.

#93 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

Lol Xellie complains and gives reasons, "omg shut up xellie we want pay to win in boxes also it's all your fault for bringing up legitimate issues and that the staff goofed when trying to fix things, definitely not the staffs fault at all."

Themes posts one vague sentence, "oh good, it was Themes saying no that they listened to, that's fine I'm happy now."

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Cmon trust me I know Xellie isn't always the least abrasive or dramatic person (years of this same bull-_- might contribute to that some just saying) but you people literally go out of your way to demonstrate how you don't make sense when it comes to her posts and suggestions.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

This post didn't need to happen either.

#95 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

this is becoming unbelievably petty

#96 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:10 PM

#97 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

This is a pretty calm post, and is what you might call an "explanation"

This explains nothing. Literally nothing. It's a statement of preference, a personal opinion, it has no facts, no explanation and no basis.

I must have failed English. Not to mention we have all discussed the elemental armors availability in game before too.

Let me put it this way, when both Xellie and Themes agree on something, that makes us take notice and reevaluate the course of action. 

#98 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

Valkyrie is actually a pretty name. I'd play a server named like that.

In time: Nice dodge Campitor. HUE.

#99 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

Yeah but you're happy to let users directly attack my factual posts and insult me and blame me for your mistakes. I mean it's happened like 3 times in this thread already. I don't think you've ever defended a point I've made, just doddler 2.0 there.

you know I only logged in to message warnhal asking for Xerloris to get his name back. I really thought I was through with this bs until I saw this. It's as poorly timed as the WoE report stuff and don't tell me that was a coincidence -_-

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#100 Croftz

Croftz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users